1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7
The community has already made it very clear that we don't want a magnum nerf. Retune the weapons that are not working in their new specks. Mainly the BR. Don't touch the magnum please. That'll tear the gameplay apart.

The br is so frustrating to use now. You do that with the main utility weapon in halo 5, this community will revolt if you do.

You guys are gathering information from statistics and pro players that represent less than .01 %of the population. Listen to the guys that are still playing your game, the ones that come on to your site to share their opinion becuase they love halo, The ones that love your game. You're going to wreck what is a pretty good mp in the franchise. Leave the magnum alone, I can't say it enough.
even with the professional players feedback that may represent such a small part of the games current population, their knowledge and understanding of how a game should function will forever outweigh any other players opinion. The pros still want to play and still want to love this game but simply can't because of 343s refusal to listen to them and the pros are genuinely pissed off about it. The pros play more than any other people on the planet and need to be heard instead of ignored. Actually, you and I and many other people actually share the same viewpoint as the pros as far as keeping magnum starts and fixing the weapon tuning rather than fixing the magnum with current weapon tuning, but the professionals have a much larger platform and a louder voice that needs to be heard in order to turn this game back around.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Solo pongan la magnum el br esta muy feo la gente se esta llendo a otros juegos por esa lista
Here are my thoughts on Halo and its settings as of lately. I have been a Halo supporter since the early days of Halo 1. I have played competitively since H2 and really enjoyed Halo and everything it has to offer. Halo 5 is a great game and has a lot to offer for both competitive and casual gamers. These weapon tunings are really messing with the game. We never really saw them with any of the other Halos. Its hard to stay consistent with your shot when you keep adjusting how we have to use each weapon. Here is my thoughts on what needs to happen to keep Halo from dying completely:

The Battle Rifle - Its a precision weapon and should be that. Having a random bullet spread is absolutely absurd with a precision weapon. If you wanted to make it harder to get kills or more balanced weapon change the TTK ( Time to Kill). This would have to be done with the idea that certain weapons are going to be more accurate at mid to father distances but have a slower TTK. Weapons with a shorter TTK should be more accurate / have a faster fire rate but be more inconsistent. All precision weapons should be able to be aimed by the user and KNOW where your shots are going to land. Making the accuracy of them reliant on the aim/skill of the user.

Playability of the Game - Each genre of the game should have a dedicated playlist to cater to its players. The ranked playlists should be matched by the closest ranks possible to make for competitive and consistent games. The HWC playlist should always be active with the most updated gametypes and maps. If for any reason the HWC wants to test gametypes / weapon tuning it should be done on a second playlist to allow teams to still practice or play in a playlist they enjoy. On the social side of playlists, the only factor that should be considered on getting matches should be the connection and getting games as quick as possible. For playlists like BTB, that in H5 is mainly social there should be a Ranked and Social playlist. Ranked can be used by teams to compete and match against other teams. But, players that are BTB team players but entering a lobby solo can queue in BTB Social and still have a good time knowing they will not be matched against a full team of 8 and get spawn killed/farmed for the entire game. This meta could be implemented into other playlists like Team Slayer / Team Snipers / Team Objective / Multi-Team etc...

Rotating Social Playlists - Bi-weekly / Weekend Double XP playlists need to come back. It gives a reason to change up your normal pace of games and have fun again. It will also give gamers more options to play different game types and showcase community designed maps. Just a thought.

Overall I feel Halo 5 is a good game but is going in the wrong direction. Players need consistency to get comfortable with the game, to learn the game, and to become good at the game. When you start messing with the weapons and changing the TTK and bullet spread of the weapons you make it hard to hop on and enjoy the game on a day to day basis. 343i needs to focus on getting the weapons balanced again and working on getting some new Maps and gametypes into the rotation. By new maps I mean new, not redesigned/revamped old maps. Focus on the Two base, symmetrical maps that we all loved from Halo 3.
oh Bump wrote:
The community has already made it very clear that we don't want a magnum nerf. Retune the weapons that are not working in their new specks. Mainly the BR. Don't touch the magnum please. That'll tear the gameplay apart.

The br is so frustrating to use now. You do that with the main utility weapon in halo 5, this community will revolt if you do.

You guys are gathering information from statistics and pro players that represent less than .01 %of the population. Listen to the guys that are still playing your game, the ones that come on to your site to share their opinion becuase they love halo, The ones that love your game. You're going to wreck what is a pretty good mp in the franchise. Leave the magnum alone, I can't say it enough.
even with the professional players feedback that may represent such a small part of the games current population, their knowledge and understanding of how a game should function will forever outweigh any other players opinion. The pros still want to play and still want to love this game but simply can't because of 343s refusal to listen to them and the pros are genuinely pissed off about it. The pros play more than any other people on the planet and need to be heard instead of ignored. Actually, you and I and many other people actually share the same viewpoint as the pros as far as keeping magnum starts and fixing the weapon tuning rather than fixing the magnum with current weapon tuning, but the professionals have a much larger platform and a louder voice that needs to be heard in order to turn this game back around.
I'm definitely not trying to undervalue the opinion of pro halo players. But here's the problem. Most pros play hcs, almost exclusively with a few dabbles here and there in other playlists. They should absolutely be given 343's full attention to anything involving the current conditions or future plans of the hcs playlist. But these changes affect every part of halo including campaign.

Should Mikwens opinion count more than say vetoeds for any changes that would affect ffa. Vetoed is probably the face of halo 5 ffa right now. Why wouldn't his opinion count as much as the pros, simply because he doesn't compete professionally? Why wouldn't anyones who plays ffa daily for the past couple years?

What about the btb/warzone communities? How could their opinions ever be represented by the pro hcs community? They can't, its apples to oranges.

This is is why I worry about taking opinion from such a small portion of the community. Now in this case it appears that pro players are mostly aligned with the majority that 343 is going in the wrong direction with these changes. We can all agree. But broad changed to a game needs a better feedback process than 343 is currently using.

The process is broken, they're either getting the wrong feedback, interpreting it incorrectly or undervaluing it's usefulness. There's no other way they could actually be thinking the answer to the weapon tuning problems is a magnum nerf.

Again, I'm not blaming pro players for our current problems. But I am absolutely blaming the feedback program 343 is implementing. That needs to be fixed, not the magnum.
oh Bump wrote:

I'm definitely not trying to undervalue the opinion of pro halo players. But here's the problem. Most pros play hcs, almost exclusively with a few dabbles here and there in other playlists. They should absolutely be given 343's full attention to anything involving the current conditions or future plans of the hcs playlist. But these changes affect every part of halo including campaign.

Should Mikwens opinion count more than say vetoeds for any changes that would affect ffa. Vetoed is probably the face of halo 5 ffa right now. Why wouldn't his opinion count as much as the pros, simply because he doesn't compete professionally? Why wouldn't anyones who plays ffa daily for the past couple years?

What about the btb/warzone communities? How could their opinions ever be represented by the pro hcs community? They can't, its apples to oranges.

This is is why I worry about taking opinion from such a small portion of the community. Now in this case it appears that pro players are mostly aligned with the majority that 343 is going in the wrong direction with these changes. We can all agree. But broad changed to a game needs a better feedback process than 343 is currently using.

The process is broken, they're either getting the wrong feedback, interpreting it incorrectly or undervaluing it's usefulness. There's no other way they could actually be thinking the answer to the weapon tuning problems is a magnum nerf.

Again, I'm not blaming pro players for our current problems. But I am absolutely blaming the feedback program 343 is implementing. That needs to be fixed, not the magnum.
i see what you mean now, sorry. but as far as core mechanics go and the raw performance of guns like the BR the DMR and the magnum, the pros will know what works best, which in turn would be implemented into the entire mm experience. i do agree though we cannot rely on professionals for all feedback throughout the whole game in itself but for this specific issue i personally believe that the pros need to be heard to most. maybe in the future well see 343 start to listen to the community rather than relying on numbers and computer statistics. baby steps. can only hope for the best, but i must say its not looking promising in the future
Here are my thoughts on Halo and its settings as of lately. I have been a Halo supporter since the early days of Halo 1. I have played competitively since H2 and really enjoyed Halo and everything it has to offer. Halo 5 is a great game and has a lot to offer for both competitive and casual gamers. These weapon tunings are really messing with the game. We never really saw them with any of the other Halos. Its hard to stay consistent with your shot when you keep adjusting how we have to use each weapon. Here is my thoughts on what needs to happen to keep Halo from dying completely:

The Battle Rifle - Its a precision weapon and should be that. Having a random bullet spread is absolutely absurd with a precision weapon. If you wanted to make it harder to get kills or more balanced weapon change the TTK ( Time to Kill). This would have to be done with the idea that certain weapons are going to be more accurate at mid to father distances but have a slower TTK. Weapons with a shorter TTK should be more accurate / have a faster fire rate but be more inconsistent. All precision weapons should be able to be aimed by the user and KNOW where your shots are going to land. Making the accuracy of them reliant on the aim/skill of the user.

Playability of the Game - Each genre of the game should have a dedicated playlist to cater to its players. The ranked playlists should be matched by the closest ranks possible to make for competitive and consistent games. The HWC playlist should always be active with the most updated gametypes and maps. If for any reason the HWC wants to test gametypes / weapon tuning it should be done on a second playlist to allow teams to still practice or play in a playlist they enjoy. On the social side of playlists, the only factor that should be considered on getting matches should be the connection and getting games as quick as possible. For playlists like BTB, that in H5 is mainly social there should be a Ranked and Social playlist. Ranked can be used by teams to compete and match against other teams. But, players that are BTB team players but entering a lobby solo can queue in BTB Social and still have a good time knowing they will not be matched against a full team of 8 and get spawn killed/farmed for the entire game. This meta could be implemented into other playlists like Team Slayer / Team Snipers / Team Objective / Multi-Team etc...

Rotating Social Playlists - Bi-weekly / Weekend Double XP playlists need to come back. It gives a reason to change up your normal pace of games and have fun again. It will also give gamers more options to play different game types and showcase community designed maps. Just a thought.

Overall I feel Halo 5 is a good game but is going in the wrong direction. Players need consistency to get comfortable with the game, to learn the game, and to become good at the game. When you start messing with the weapons and changing the TTK and bullet spread of the weapons you make it hard to hop on and enjoy the game on a day to day basis. 343i needs to focus on getting the weapons balanced again and working on getting some new Maps and gametypes into the rotation. By new maps I mean new, not redesigned/revamped old maps. Focus on the Two base, symmetrical maps that we all loved from Halo 3.
I absolutely agree.

I play Halo for years now, started with Halo 3 and played most time Halo Reach, 4 and 5. For years I loved coming online when my children are sleeping but since the last update I am really disappointed. I loved the BR and the handling, now I don´t touch the Halo 5 BR anymore.

Don´t change the magnum. Instead of that you should build the strength of the weapons around this one! Yes, before the update the weapons wasn´t so balanced but now it doesn´t makes any fun playing Halo. I tried a lot with my group and everyone is annoyed. Never before they were so much grumbling, me included.

And I miss one playlist so much: Triple-Team! It would be great to have this social list permanently for warm up and games without a third or fourth team member.
Frosty will quit the game, mikwen stellur Spartan royal 2 penguin snipedown all hate the new playlist man the list goes on I'm tired of you guys not listening to the people actually grind and dont just buy your gold packs y'all are really starting to make me upset you created a problem by making all the rifles incostsent and clunky like why why why can't you just give us pistols back give us the old br back with a slower ttk give us the dmr back with 3 shot melee and a similar magnetism and hitscan to the pistol its not hard man why are y'all so hellbent on this
Oh because there's money on the line so people will compete no matter what? Why kill the ***king game and community off man why like why arent you guys listening give me a good reason why all this outrage is going on and y'all arent saying a word other developers do such a good job of listening you guys don't do any because the conclusion you would come to is NOBODY wants this
oh Bump wrote:

when they take the feedback of the pro players, it's feedback about the competitive playlist(s). The problem right now is that they are replacing the pistol with the BR in the HCS playlist. i don't think the BTB/warzone community is really concerned with what weapons are in said HCS playlist, so the feedback of pro (and really just all high level) players, who play the concerned playlist everyday should be valued more. On the other side if they would make major changes to warzone or BTB, i don't reckon 343 even asks the feedback of the pro players, as those players don't really care, and it's the opinion of that community that should be valued more

Of course the opinions of everyone on the forums etc should be taken into account, but the problem isn't that they take they pro players' feedback, the problem is that they don't seem to do anything with it, just like they seem to ignore the opinions of everyone on the forums.

It's not like i disagree with your post, i really do feel like they rely on statistics too much rather than everyone's feedback, but i just wanted to clarify that taking pro player's feedback is a good thing, provided that that feedback is also taken into account, together with the feedback of everyone playing the game.
The search times in btb are ridiculous lately, I've never had so many friends get off early just because of it. Something's wrong with this game right now.
@Zaedynfel

Josh - have a maths question for you.
Do you have the relationship between ping and the system's perceived skill of a player for a particular match?
I.e, Is a player on 200ping calculated differently than a player with 20 ping in a match, or between teams, and what's that relationship like?
One of the worst executed things about the weapon tuning update btw, is that you released it right as several other big name titles released. So your data crunchers may be saying "we are seeing a population drop, but probably just because of the other big games dropped."

But so many people I know moved on precisely BECAUSE the tuned weapons are so bad. The tuning is a big driver of the recent population drop, not just the new games that released. But you'll never know for sure.. because of that poor planning on the OT release date, from a data analysis perspective.
Thanks for all your efforts to do Halo a better place to play. I love this community and I’m wonder about the updates. Help us with that please 😊
I’m understand a bit about the delay on the servers or something like that, but not if the system kick you out without any logical reason 😢
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Lmao they'e letting champs match plats... I'm honestly amazed there is anyone even left in that playlist at all. At this rate, in about a week they'e going to have to start letting bronze 1 match champ 1. That should be some really useful data.

You don't need to double down here 343. You've heard us loud and clear. We'll forgive and forget the minute you revert these unholy settings back. You tried. You failed. No shame in that. Just make it right. Thanks
Yo and now we're talking about the magnum being OP??? LMAO. Ok hold on. The magnum is "OP" because every other gun now comes standard issue with BLANKS. The ONLY thing that has kept me from quitting this game is Team Arena. Despite all the garbage, the magnum at least makes it playable. If they decide that they're sick of that thing hitting it's target, I'm legit done. No bones about it. I'm not going to suffer anymore of this crap. I never thought it would be the developers who chased me off Halo. Especially after this game. H5 was a massive improvement over H4 and they just kept making it better and better for the competitive scene. I figured we had nowhere to go but up from here. But here we are... Two years in to the game and they are actively trying to murder the franchise.

Pray for halo
What are talking about? The Magnum is great. Everyone on earth loves the Magnum.
Every single Halo 5 Pri that I’ve seen has been saying that the BR isn’t any good and that the Magnum is essential. Why would you change something that everyone likes?!? It doesn’t make any sense to me.
"We’ve allowed Champ and Onyx players to match down into mid-Plat in the HCS list to reduce matchmaking wait times"

This is because there are only like 5 people playing halo these days.
1. Take out MMR
(Onyx1700 w/bad stats cant find Onyx1700 w/ good stats)
2.Widen Search in all playlist
(If plats get mad, watch theatre to find out what opponents did) #GetBetterByPlayingBetterPeople
3. Headshot hitbox widen please
(Some players are known as invincible due to connection, especially in swat ,too many hitmarks.
Thats my main 3 inputs.
I am Top 20 Champ in Swat every season with great KDA and Win % . this season i have lost so many friends to other games because we cant find games ... Period! This results in Smurfs and causes the "Ripple" effect. Now this game is half smurfs. Fix this!! Also to Microsoft... Take off SHARING GOLD ACCOUNTS. this will kill smurfs
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7