Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] MATCHMAKING FEEDBACK UPDATE – November 5

OP ZaedynFel

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 27
ZaedynFel wrote:
eLantern wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Also, keep in mind the season just rolled, so Champs aren't really Champs yet. Not till around 1700. These are mostly the first low Onyx players into Onyx.
Just curious if any changes were made with the season roll?

  • Did you increase the rank-in cap from Diamond 3 to either Diamond 5 or Onyx 1500?
  • Has an Onyx “Champ” barrier been re-established such that it requires more than just Onyx 1500 to potentially earn a “Champ” numerical position?
No it's still 1500. We ideally want 200 Champs a few weeks into the season and this would not be the case for several playlists if we don't keep it around 1500.
Could you tell me the disparity between my MMR and CSR for the end of last season please?
ZaedynFel wrote:
My thought would be maybe to use mmr player vs player rather than mmr equal to all players. Then its still a fair match, more varied and easier to find games.
This is basically what it is already during any less popular times of the day, or in the least popular playlists.

Unfortunately, it leads to skyrocketing quit rates. You personally might like matches like that, but if so, you're an outlier. Everyone else quits whenever their skill is clearly less than their opponents (in the data).
FFA is somewhat comical at the moment. Very wide range of skills in each match i find. I gather FFA population is quite low.
ZaedynFel wrote:
My thought would be maybe to use mmr player vs player rather than mmr equal to all players. Then its still a fair match, more varied and easier to find games.
This is basically what it is already during any less popular times of the day, or in the least popular playlists.

Unfortunately, it leads to skyrocketing quit rates. You personally might like matches like that, but if so, you're an outlier. Everyone else quits whenever their skill is clearly less than their opponents (in the data).
FFA is somewhat comical at the moment. Very wide range of skills in each match i find. I gather FFA population is quite low.
In general, FFA is towards the bottom of playlist popularity. You can check the first post to see where it fell in early November.
ZaedynFel wrote:
eLantern wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Also, keep in mind the season just rolled, so Champs aren't really Champs yet. Not till around 1700. These are mostly the first low Onyx players into Onyx.
Just curious if any changes were made with the season roll?
  • Did you increase the rank-in cap from Diamond 3 to either Diamond 5 or Onyx 1500?
  • Has an Onyx “Champ” barrier been re-established such that it requires more than just Onyx 1500 to potentially earn a “Champ” numerical position?
No it's still 1500. We ideally want 200 Champs a few weeks into the season and this would not be the case for several playlists if we don't keep it around 1500.
1. Okay. I understand that desire, but do you have any reservations with regards to the early "Champs" causing some perception complaints?

By this I mean, Diamond and possibly high Platinum players who may end-up facing off against some of these early Champs because the matchmaker determines that they're within an acceptable skill-range (lower Onyx). This visual effect can cause feelings of mistrust with regards to the matchmaker because people find it hard to believe that they should be put into matches with "Champs" despite the possibility that these Champs are likely only temporary until the more skilled players can grind enough matches to takeover the Champ positional labels. Also, people may wonder why their CSR didn't adjust as much as they would have expected post-match when facing Champs who are only Champs because of the speed in which they attained it.

2. What about my first inquiry regarding the rank-in cap? Can you please explain what your reasoning is for keeping it at Diamond 3?

I find this even more concerning as to how it can lead to perception issues. If the rank-in is generally suppose to be 100 points below a player's MMR at placement then why not maintain that for everyone who's MMR isn't actually within Onyx? Someone with a 1499 MMR (Top of Diamond 6) should be able to rank-in at 1399 (Top of Diamond 4) instead of 1300 (Bottom of Diamond 3). And why disguise a high Onyx level player as a mid-level Diamond player, or a Diamond player at all, for an extended period of time? The extra amount of grind isn't worth the negative image and harmful perception that can get directed at the matchmaker. Again, people may wonder why they're not adjusting post-match as they expected based on the visual ranks they see even if those ranks are not very good representations of the player's actual MMR.

If you had the rank-in cap at Diamond 5 then all Onyx MMR players would only have to grind the last two Diamond levels (5 & 6) before entering Onyx instead of four levels (3, 4, 5, & 6). That may not be ideal either, but it’s much better than the current Diamond grind that just causes excess confusion for people; especially, early on within a season. If you had the rank-in cap at Onyx 1500 then only the lowest-level Onyx players (1500-1599) would rank into Diamond and do any amount of Diamond level grinding before entering the Onyx tier. This seems much more fair and it should directly lessen any potential confusion.

Under an Onyx rank-in cap, all mid-level and better Onyx players (1600+) could instantly kick-off their Onyx rank grind at the entry point of the Onyx tier after getting placed. This would also greatly improve the likelihood of early Champs being players who possess an MMR that's above 1600. Pair this with a Champ barrier of 1550 and it would still, for the most part, meet the desires you mention, but drastically limit any potential confusion. The reason is that players will have a clearer understanding of their opponent and teammate skills when viewing their CSRs post-match -- even early on within a new season.

I think having a rank-in cap at either Onyx 1500 or, at worst, Diamond 5 would bring better clarity to post-match visual ranks within the early portions of a season. Add a 1550 Champ barrier on top of that and it gets even better. In any case, either of those options, or combination of options, should directly reduce negative perceptions of CSRs and the matchmaker. I mean, I don't think people would be as quick to label the matchmaker as stupid or broken if higher ranked players were a bit more accurately identified (visually speaking) earlier-on within a season. Best of all, these options don't actually remove the lengthier (or extended) grind process from within the Onyx tier itself which is where it ultimately should belong -- not throughout a good portion of the Diamond level.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature. Please do not make non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Josh, any chance that you could check the Heroic Firefight map rotation to see if Attack on Sanctum is being weighted more than others? It seems like I've been getting it a lot more than normal lately and it wouldn't be an issue except that it contains the hardest rounds in FF so it'd be nice to get a little break from getting it often if it is weighted more.
All my friends are now Champions. HCS, Slayer, Doubles. What's going on? Did everyone stop playing?

I even was Champ once...
Matchmaking in SWAT is horrible. I played over 50 games solo Q and stick with a win rate below 35%. My KDA is between 4 and 5 in average. I understand that the population is low but this is still a joke. If your teammates are so stupid and kill themselves it is literally no fun at all anymore. Furthermore I have a quitter every second game because of that reason. The low tier players just quit out of the game regularly. Thats the biggest problem. If you just win 30% of your games and then the enemy players quit you just get 1 CSR. That drives me literally insane! And i am sure not just only me. I think the current state will reduce the population more than the people that go away due to longer waiting times. I think no one is having fun. I dont have fun because I loose so much games even if I perform well and the people that got smashed quit. So that is a loose loose situation.

I thought that TS2 should bring the win/loose rates closer to 50%. In SWAT that does not work at all. I would rather dont find a game instead of loosing all the time while having +5 - +10 games.

I play in central Europe usually in the evening or on the weekend.

Is it possible to provide me a MMR plot of this recent winter season. Thx in advance !
I thought that TS2 should bring the win/loose rates closer to 50%. In SWAT that does not work at all.
This is a misconception. TS2 is not designed to bring people's win/loss rates to 50%. It's designed to make it so that you have a 50% win chance for every individual match you play. When averaged out, this should result in win/loss rates being close to 50% for the global population, though individual players may see higher or lower win rates, because statistics.

In SWAT, matchmaking isn't as tight because of the nature of the gametype; lower skilled players can win against higher skilled players more often in SWAT compared to Slayer, for instance. However, the matchmaker still starts out looking for a match were the odds of winning are even for both teams.
eLantern wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
eLantern wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Also, keep in mind the season just rolled, so Champs aren't really Champs yet. Not till around 1700. These are mostly the first low Onyx players into Onyx.
Just curious if any changes were made with the season roll?
  • Did you increase the rank-in cap from Diamond 3 to either Diamond 5 or Onyx 1500?
  • Has an Onyx “Champ” barrier been re-established such that it requires more than just Onyx 1500 to potentially earn a “Champ” numerical position?
No it's still 1500. We ideally want 200 Champs a few weeks into the season and this would not be the case for several playlists if we don't keep it around 1500.
1. Okay. I understand that desire, but do you have any reservations with regards to the early "Champs" causing some perception complaints?

By this I mean, Diamond and possibly high Platinum players who may end-up facing off against some of these early Champs because the matchmaker determines that they're within an acceptable skill-range (lower Onyx). This visual effect can cause feelings of mistrust with regards to the matchmaker because people find it hard to believe that they should be put into matches with "Champs" despite the possibility that these Champs are likely only temporary until the more skilled players can grind enough matches to takeover the Champ positional labels.

2. What about my first inquiry regarding the rank-in cap? Is it still Diamond 3? If so, can you please explain what your reasoning is for keeping it at Diamond 3?

I find this even more concerning as to how it can lead to perception issues. If the rank-in is generally suppose to be 100 points below a player's MMR at placement then why not maintain that for everyone who's MMR isn't actually within Onyx? Someone with a 1499 MMR (Top of Diamond 6) should be able to rank-in at 1399 (Top of Diamond 4) instead of 1300 (Bottom of Diamond 3). And why disguise a high Onyx level player as a mid-level Diamond player, or a Diamond player at all, for an extended period of time? The extra amount of grind isn't worth the negative image and harmful perception that can get directed at the matchmaker.

If you had the rank-in cap at Diamond 5 then all Onyx MMR players would only have to grind the last two Diamond levels (5 & 6) before entering Onyx instead of four levels (3, 4, 5, & 6). That may not be ideal either, but it’s much better than the current Diamond grind that just causes excess confusion for people early on within a season. If you had the rank-in cap at Onyx 1500 then only the lowest-level Onyx players (1500-1599) would rank into Diamond and do any amount of Diamond level grinding before entering the Onyx tier. This seems much more fair and it should directly lessen any potential confusion.

Under an Onyx rank-in cap, all mid-level and better Onyx players (1600+) could instantly kick-off their Onyx rank grind at the entry point of the Onyx tier after getting placed. This would also greatly improve the likelihood of early Champs being players who possess an MMR that's above 1600. Pair this with a Champ barrier of 1550 and it would still, for the most part, meet the desires you mention, but drastically limit any potential confusion. The reason is that players will have a clearer understanding of their opponent and teammate skills when viewing their CSRs post-match -- even early on within a new season.

I think having a rank-in cap at either Onyx 1500 or, at worst, Diamond 5 would bring better clarity to post-match visual ranks within the early portions of a season. Add a 1550 Champ barrier on top of that and it gets even better. In any case, either of those options, or combination of options, should directly reduce negative perceptions of CSRs and the matchmaker. I mean, I don't think people would be as quick to label the matchmaker as stupid or broken if higher ranked players were a bit more accurately identified (visually speaking) earlier-on within a season. Best of all, these options don't actually remove the lengthier (or extended) grind process from within the Onyx tier itself which is where it ultimately should belong -- not throughout a good portion of the Diamond level.
1). Either way those diamonds and plats are going to end up playing those players as low onyxs instead of champs. And while that isn't as bad of a perception as playing a champ it is l still going to hurt. Additionally I think that the perception of champs being a rank above is due to the previous system of having a cap on where champ lies. For years of this game that change caused champs to become a rank within itself above onyx instead of just showing the top 200 onyxs and champion being an extension.

2). Cap is still around D3. The issue I would have with increasing it is it would get rid of the necessity to actually play the playlist to get champ. The reason the cap was instituted was because top players we're achieving top champ ranks with only playing 10 games. Obviously players who actually played the playlists got angry. It just feels cheap when a player can play 10-15 games and get a top rank. And while they do deserve the rank for being that skillful it ruined a lot of players drive to play. The D3 cap was decent since it required 12-13 wins to achieve onyx/champ, however now it requires half of that since getting high 20s to 30 CSR is common now.

I don't think a change is really required since that perception usually only lasts about 2 to 3 weeks and everything starts to level out. A D5 cap wouldn't hurt but I also don't think it would help with the perception issue. Those low onyxs are still going to be champion simply because the vast majority of high level players have left the game and the population is low in general. And onyx cap would help a bit more but now you are going back to the issue of players getting champion without actually "deserving" it. Also with a 1550 champ cap it would segregate champion into its own rank again which is a negative.
I've been looking everywhere and couldn't seem to find my answer.
I know that the region lock for matchmaking has been removed, the consequence of this is that matching is faster but latency can very highly from match to match depending on the server we are being connected. Because of this a lot of player are complaining that they are finding some matches that are simply unplayable because of latency.
All this brings to my question.
I know that H5 has 3 options for controlling this, focused, balanced and expanded.
So what is the ping cap for each of the options?
  • focused
  • balanced
  • expanded
Also, is there any plan of adding this to MCC?
QX wrote:
Either way those Diamonds and Plats are going to end up playing low Onyxs instead of Champs. And while that isn't as bad of a perception as playing a Champ it is still going to hurt.
It may still hurt, but why cultivate a negative perception that creates resentment toward the matchmaker and the ranks themselves?

If the negative perception can be curbed why not do that?

Why would you want it to be easy for legit Diamonds and Plats to appear as if they're facing off against a top 200 player when that particular player may not be all that worthy of the top 200 player label?

Why would you want elite players seen as Diamond 3-6 for a time?
Quote:
Additionally I think that the perception of Champs being a rank above is due to the previous system of having a Champ barrier.
Well, yes, the 1800 Champ barrier within the Onyx tier helped ensure that only the elite Onyx players could obtain a Champ label. And due to that, the perception of those who earned a Champ spot was that they essentially were a "rank" above your general Onyx tier.

However, the whole idea and concept of the Champ label was to identify the top 200 skilled players who participate and grind a particular ranked playlist. The reason they've opened it up now by removing the barrier within the Onyx tier is precisely because the population of skillful players has dropped precipitously. They want the Champ label to still recognize the top 200 active players that can at least reach the Onyx tier.

Anyways, this is why I said I understood 343i's reasoning for removing the (past) Champ barrier and why they wouldn't want to return that particular (1800) barrier.
Quote:
For years that change caused Champs to become a rank within itself above Onyx instead of just showing the top 200 Onyx players with Champ being an extension.
For years the Champ barrier worked as intended because there was enough population at the high-end to identify the top 200 Onyx players (within a playlist) while preventing low-level onyx players who may be amongst the quickest to grind a new season from earning a Champ label. The barrier was successfully achieving part of its goal which was to ensure the Champ labels couldn't easily get misrepresented. That, when earned, they were signifying a player who rightfully could be considered "elite" amongst the active population. Like I stated above, it makes perfect sense why they removed the barrier, but in doing so it's also led to some obvious perception issues.
Quote:
Cap is still around D3. The issue I have with increasing it is it gets rid of the necessity to actually play the playlist to get Champ.
Thanks for letting me know that it's still D3.

How does it get rid of the necessity to play the playlist?

An Onyx grind is still going to be necessary to achieve and maintain a Champ label.
Having a starting point in Diamond simply creates a superficial grind that causes some visual confusion and perception issues within PGCRs.
Quote:
The reason the cap was instituted was because top players were achieving top Champ ranks with only playing 10 games. Obviously players who actually played the playlists got angry. It just feels cheap when a player can play 10-15 games and get a top rank. And while they do deserve the rank for being that skillful it ruined a lot of players drive to play.
Not exactly, but there was one, or two, (shortened) seasons (one was after the TS2 update) where players were ranking-in at their MMR post-placement (ie. no setback). That involved plenty of complaints with regards to players earning Champ ranks after only playing their 10 placement games. And, in at least one case, a very skilled player who purposely threw his placement matches was able to earn a top Champ rank despite a ridiculously terrible negative K/D ratio and a zero win percentage. Ultimately, this was also a negative perception issue that needed to be addressed.

Prior to that (or those) shortened season(s) which removed any sense of progression, the system throughout most of Halo 5's life-cycle was setup to have a rank-in cap within Onyx and a Champ barrier above the rank-in cap. This ensured that nobody could achieve a Champ label post-placement and only the more elite players could earn a Champ label.

Now, there were plenty of complaints (from the very beginning) leveled at H5's ranking system. Plenty of out-spoken community members claimed to desire a more progressive system, such as the classic 1-50 ranks might provide. In other words, some wanted a more extensive grind requirement. The problem is that it can bring about integrity issues and confusion which H5's system has mostly managed to get away from.

Nevertheless, an attempt to appease these members was a part of the reason why a Diamond 3 placement cap was introduced. That way those at the upper levels would face more of a progressive grind each season, but this decision has also helped re-introduce some confusion and negative perceptions.
Quote:
The D3 cap was decent since it required 12-13 wins to achieve onyx/champ, however now it requires half of that since getting high 20s to 30 CSR is common now.
The newest CSR updates do reduce the time needed to progress upward. This is true. But the same confusion and negative perceptions still exists at the beginning of a new season due to the D3 cap.
Quote:
I don't think a change is really required since that perception usually only lasts about 2 to 3 weeks before everything starts to level out.
Again, even if it potentially lasts a few weeks why cultivate a negative perception that likely will create some resentment toward the matchmaker and the ranks themselves?

Especially, when some of it can easily be dealt with.
Quote:
A D5 cap wouldn't hurt but I also don't think it would help with the perception issue. Those low Onyx players are still going to be Champs simply because the vast majority of high level players have left the game and the population is low in general. And an Onyx cap would help a bit more but now you are going back to the issue of players getting champion without actually deserving it. Also a 1550 champ [barrier] would segregate Champs into its own rank again which is a negative.
I disagree with you. I think either rank-in cap that I recommended would help limit confusion and negative perceptions. Plus, as long as it remains possible to have 200 Champs I see nothing wrong with having either a floating Champ barrier (specifically tailored to fit a playlist's Onyx population) or a fixed low-level Onyx barrier (1550). The purpose would be to limit how easy it is for just any borderline Onyx player to achieve a particular label that's meant to represent something truly meaningful.

Here are some of Josh's own words on this topic from the past:
Quote:
...but then the PGCR [can] get really confusing because there [can] be players of [various] CSR levels... This makes the ranks lose meaning... because at any given time, a given rank will have players of [various] skill levels that are making their way [or progressing] through the system. My personal ideal is that a ____ player can clearly feel how much better they are than a ____ player if they play. But if we start [at a low cap level], that ____ player could actually be a ____ player that destroys the ____ player. It gets confusing.

...you need at least Onyx ____ to be [a] Champ. This was to prevent people from getting Champ by just starting out earlier in the season than everyone else. [We also don't want] people [earning] Champ right out of placement.
My recommendations better fit his original system preference.
Hey Josh,

Could I get an update on my Team Arena, FFA, and SWAT MMRs?
Thanks.

Edit: also is there any update for the refresh of the doubles playlist? Considering the BTB refresh is meant to be coming soon I'm wondering if doubles got pushed back.
QX wrote:
Hey Josh,

Could I get an update on my Team Arena, FFA, and SWAT MMRs?
Thanks.

Edit: also is there any update for the refresh of the doubles playlist? Considering the BTB refresh is meant to be coming soon I'm wondering if doubles got pushed back.
Doubles was literally just updated and dropped a couple weeks ago.
D4rkDeath wrote:
QX wrote:
Hey Josh,

Could I get an update on my Team Arena, FFA, and SWAT MMRs?
Thanks.

Edit: also is there any update for the refresh of the doubles playlist? Considering the BTB refresh is meant to be coming soon I'm wondering if doubles got pushed back.
Doubles was literally just updated and dropped a couple weeks ago.
Ranked doubles hasn't been updated. If you are talking about the community doubles playlist then that was a testing field for the potential maps for the ranked doubles refresh. There is a stickied thread in this forum about ranked doubles suggestions for the refresh.
QX wrote:
D4rkDeath wrote:
QX wrote:
Hey Josh,

Could I get an update on my Team Arena, FFA, and SWAT MMRs?
Thanks.

Edit: also is there any update for the refresh of the doubles playlist? Considering the BTB refresh is meant to be coming soon I'm wondering if doubles got pushed back.
Doubles was literally just updated and dropped a couple weeks ago.
Ranked doubles hasn't been updated. If you are talking about the community doubles playlist then that was a testing field for the potential maps for the ranked doubles refresh. There is a stickied thread in this forum about ranked doubles suggestions for the refresh.
I stand corrected. I was talking about community doubles.
ZaedynFel wrote:
eLantern wrote:
It's unimaginable to think of BTB becoming a rotational. A refresh has been needed for some time, so hopefully that helps it a ton. BTB is a major core experience of Halo and turning it into a rotational would be a very sad state of affairs.
I think it WAS a core part in the past, but it hasn't been for the lifetime of H5. In H4, for example, it was where the bulk of the less tryhard folks went, resulting in a pretty active list of a long period of time.

But in H5, that bulk of players moved on to Warzone at first, and now the Super Fiestas. Without that bulk, the non-competitive lists can't really sustain themselves.

The core of H5 is Super Fiesta and BTB SF, which accounts for 1 in 4 of all playtime in the entire game at this point. The large bulk of players that would usually support lists like BTB because of the more casual chaos fun have moved on to different gametypes now.

It's just not a core experience for our current active audience.

So any refresh type stuff needs to address getting that bulk back into BTB and having them stay there. If we make changes in the direction of the enthusiasts that alienate the casual bulk, it won't work.
This tells a sad tale about what 343 has done to Halo 5. It's way too sweaty, the only escape casual players (the vast majority of players btw) have from the hyper-competative nature of Halo 5 is a Fiesta playlist where the base gameplay is randomness. I sincerely hope the Dev team for Infinite see this and are working towards making it casual friendly.
ZaedynFel wrote:
eLantern wrote:
It's unimaginable to think of BTB becoming a rotational. A refresh has been needed for some time, so hopefully that helps it a ton. BTB is a major core experience of Halo and turning it into a rotational would be a very sad state of affairs.
I think it WAS a core part in the past, but it hasn't been for the lifetime of H5. In H4, for example, it was where the bulk of the less tryhard folks went, resulting in a pretty active list of a long period of time.

But in H5, that bulk of players moved on to Warzone at first, and now the Super Fiestas. Without that bulk, the non-competitive lists can't really sustain themselves.

The core of H5 is Super Fiesta and BTB SF, which accounts for 1 in 4 of all playtime in the entire game at this point. The large bulk of players that would usually support lists like BTB because of the more casual chaos fun have moved on to different gametypes now.

It's just not a core experience for our current active audience.

So any refresh type stuff needs to address getting that bulk back into BTB and having them stay there. If we make changes in the direction of the enthusiasts that alienate the casual bulk, it won't work.
This tells a sad tale about what 343 has done to Halo 5. It's way too sweaty, the only escape casual players (the vast majority of players btw) have from the hyper-competative nature of Halo 5 is a Fiesta playlist where the base gameplay is randomness. I sincerely hope the Dev team for Infinite see this and are working towards making it casual friendly.
I mean it's less that the game was catered to a competitive crowd and more that a random super fiesta playlist is going to promote a more fun casual style of gameplay. Super fiesta has been the most popular list since it's inception because it is casual and fun for all skill levels to play. Even when there was social obj, social snipers, triple team, castle wars, and other lists SF always did better. Casuals aren't getting funneled into SF but rather they are choosing to play that mode as it is extremely fun at all skill levels.
QX wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
eLantern wrote:
It's unimaginable to think of BTB becoming a rotational. A refresh has been needed for some time, so hopefully that helps it a ton. BTB is a major core experience of Halo and turning it into a rotational would be a very sad state of affairs.
I think it WAS a core part in the past, but it hasn't been for the lifetime of H5. In H4, for example, it was where the bulk of the less tryhard folks went, resulting in a pretty active list of a long period of time.

But in H5, that bulk of players moved on to Warzone at first, and now the Super Fiestas. Without that bulk, the non-competitive lists can't really sustain themselves.

The core of H5 is Super Fiesta and BTB SF, which accounts for 1 in 4 of all playtime in the entire game at this point. The large bulk of players that would usually support lists like BTB because of the more casual chaos fun have moved on to different gametypes now.

It's just not a core experience for our current active audience.

So any refresh type stuff needs to address getting that bulk back into BTB and having them stay there. If we make changes in the direction of the enthusiasts that alienate the casual bulk, it won't work.
This tells a sad tale about what 343 has done to Halo 5. It's way too sweaty, the only escape casual players (the vast majority of players btw) have from the hyper-competative nature of Halo 5 is a Fiesta playlist where the base gameplay is randomness. I sincerely hope the Dev team for Infinite see this and are working towards making it casual friendly.
I mean it's less that the game was catered to a competitive crowd and more that a random super fiesta playlist is going to promote a more fun casual style of gameplay. Super fiesta has been the most popular list since it's inception because it is casual and fun for all skill levels to play. Even when there was social obj, social snipers, triple team, castle wars, and other lists SF always did better. Casuals aren't getting funneled into SF but rather they are choosing to play that mode as it is extremely fun at all skill levels.
That's only half the story, Halo 5 is more competitive than previous Halo games, maybe not by design, but that is the end result. This is pushing players that played other social playlists in previous games to Fiesta to get their halo fix without having to deal with the sweat that exists in the other playlists. Sure, Fiesta has always been popular, but not to the degree it is in H5.
why is it so easy to rank up now... I know I have gotten better but I see so many champs now.... like what the hell is going on... any one know? population drop???
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 27