2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 27
I’ve noticed when playing slayer, and a team member on the opposing team decides to drop out, and then our team wins, I would only experience a one point boost in my CSR. I’ve observed this many times this season, and tbh, I don’t think that fair to me or my teammates. On the other side of the spectrum, I’ve lost to teams with only 3 players (due to somone dropping) and experienced a 30 point CSR decrease. I don’t think it’s fair that if a team defeats a team of three members or less, that they would experienced only a one point in their CSR. Has anyone else noticed this?
vibr8high wrote:
why is it so easy to rank up now... I know I have gotten better but I see so many champs now.... like what the hell is going on... any one know? population drop???
all the good players left Halo 5. the leftovers are naturally taking their place
Heaviies wrote:
vibr8high wrote:
why is it so easy to rank up now... I know I have gotten better but I see so many champs now.... like what the hell is going on... any one know? population drop???
all the good players left Halo 5. the leftovers are naturally taking their place
Plus, it's still early within the winter season so some Champs are going to be low-level Onyx players who were quick to grind out the necessary matches to reach a Champ label. Remember there was an update some time back that allowed the Champ labels to be awarded to the top 200 Onyx players (1500+); meaning, no barrier within the Onyx tier needed to be reached. So until the better players play enough matches to converge their CSR to their MMR those low-level Onyx players who were quick to converge their CSR to their MMR are able to earn and hold onto a Champ label despite their MMR possibly not being even top 500 or whatever.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Playlist UpdateWe have been monitoring playlist health constantly over the past year and have a noticed a few trends worth pointing out.

First, our very minimum bar is that, at the very least, a solo queuing player can find a match within a reasonable amount of time in any playlists at any time of the day. We consider playlists that don’t meet that minimum bar as better fits for rotational lists because while on rotation, they get plenty of players for a brief window. To be clear, most rotationals lose that player base towards they end of their rotations, but for the first 1-1.5 weeks they lists do quite well.

There are some exceptions within Ranked. We are not as strict with FFA because it is still being played competitively, even if the format we use isn’t exactly the same. Also, we keep Elimination up because it’s the only way to finish the Breakout Commendations.

Outside of that, there are a few playlists that are falling below our minimum bar.

Warzone AssaultWarzone Assault has long been behaving more like a rotational than like a permanent playlist. It has also gone several days at a time without any matches played at all because the number of players we see trying to play at peak times is not enough to form a complete match. To make it easier to get matches in Warzone Assault, as I mentioned before the weekend, we are going to start running it as a rotational the first weekend of each month. We have noticed in our data that when we take less popular lists and run them periodically instead of permanently, they receive orders of magnitude more players.
Big Team BattleFor a long period of time BTB was a solid social playlist and in fact the minimum popularity bar we used to judge whether a list should stay permanent. Lately, however, it has become near impossible to find matches for around half the day. It appears the bulk of players needed to maintain a healthy list now prefer the Super Fiesta variant, leaving only classic BTB enthusiasts still engaged in the original BTB playlist. We feel it would be more beneficial to those who love BTB to be able to have a good experience with it rather than waiting 5 minutes without a match.

Our current plans with BTB are as follows:
  • Monitor it as we enter the holiday season. If holiday traffic is enough to keep it alive, we’ll leave it up and reconsider its future in January
  • Begin work on a refresh. If BTB can hang on long enough, we will see how well it does after a refresh before moving it to a rotational
  • If these both fail, then BTB shouldn’t be an exception given how much better every other list has done as a rotational when it starts behaving this way.
Playlist RanksHere are how they rank in popularity over the last week since we haven’t done this in a while. You may notice BTB is Ranked above Doubles, but keep in mind that Doubles only requires 4 players to start a match. So while BTB is getting more playtime overall, Doubles doesn’t have the same issues with failures to find a match:
Super Fiesta
Slayer
Castle Wars
Big Team Super Fiesta
Heroic Warzone Firefight
Warzone
Quick Play
Infection
Team Arena
SWAT
Legendary Warzone Firefight
Big Team Battle
Ranked Doubles
Mythic Warzone Firefight
Grifball
Free-for-All
Elimination
Warzone Assault
Warzone Warlords
Its perfect and i like it soo much!
vibr8high wrote:
Early season anyone who is Onyx is a Champ until they are pushed out.
Zaedynfel

I pretty much only play btb and the issue is that the algorithm is too critical of potential "fair matchups". The other hugeeee issue is when you do find a game, and someone quits from that search, the game struggles to fill in those empty player spots to get a match to start, resulting in the search running the distance and giving you the red screen saying unable to match. This wastes everyone's time. It's weird because if the game starts with a full lobby of 16, and someone quits, the game seems to fill in that spot rather quickly in that circumstance. Please fix this, we have a knit community of people who still casually play btb and want to continue to. Show us you guys care.
I cant play anything at all anymore: ranked, community, warzone.. i cant get in any of these. Do i need now more players in my fireteam to play? I mean i search mostly alone for a game and i only have few friends that play it.. so the most people i get are up to 2 me included.
I cant play anything at all anymore: ranked, community, warzone.. i cant get in any of these. Do i need now more players in my fireteam to play? I mean i search mostly alone for a game and i only have few friends that play it.. so the most people i get are up to 2 me included.
You shouldn't require other players.

May I ask what region you're in and what time of day you're searching?

Also, what ranked playlists? And what do you mean by community? Do you mean the Customs Browser?
is there a chance that Rock N' Rail will be back?

I enjoyed that playlist a lot!
eLantern wrote:

Also, what ranked playlists? And what do you mean by community? Do you mean the Customs Browser?
Im from germany and it was 17:30 when i tried to get into matchmaking and ranked but no playlist works. Every playlist tells me i need more people in my fireteam. Yes i meant custom sry^^*
eLantern wrote:

Im from germany and it was 17:30 when i tried to get into matchmaking and ranked but no playlist works. Every playlist tells me i need more people in my fireteam. Yes i meant custom sry^^*
Are you searching on the Expanded setting? If you're searching on the Focused setting it'll restrict you to the local data center (or local data centers). And the Balanced option may, or may not, prevent you from connecting to a US East data center, but it should open up other European data centers that the Focused option may prevent.

1730 (GMT1) seems as if it would be entering into a peak time period over there, so it suggests to me that the game's population (locally & perhaps regionally) is struggling fairly mightily.

Your best bet within the ranked playlists is often going to be the Slayer playlist. But you said you tried them all, right?

Depending on your skill-level and the available population the matchmaker may be struggling to put together a match that meets its bare minimum allowance regarding match odds. This is likely more prevalent within the ranked environment which often makes the social or warzone environments better options when pop is low.

If you don't mind playing the social arena environment you should be able to find people within any of the Fiesta playlists. They tend to be the most populated options within that particular environment.

The Customs Browser is going to be dependent on what's available. You could try loading up a Custom game yourself and then opening it up to the public so that others can find it within the Customs Browser.

Lastly, have you at least tried the Warzone Firefight modes? Usually people can find a game there as there's zero MMR influence within the matchmaking.
eLantern wrote:
eLantern wrote:

Are you searching on the Expanded setting? If you're searching on the Focused setting it'll restrict you to the local data center (or local data centers). And the Balanced option may, or may not, prevent you from connecting to a US East data center, but it should open up other European data centers that the Focused option may prevent.

1730 (GMT1) seems as if it would be entering into a peak time period over there, so it suggests to me that the game's population (locally & perhaps regionally) is struggling fairly mightily.

Your best bet within the ranked playlists is often going to be the Slayer playlist. But you said you tried them all, right?

Depending on your skill-level and the available population the matchmaker may be struggling to put together a match that meets its bare minimum allowance regarding match odds. This is likely more prevalent within the ranked environment which often makes the social or warzone environments better options when pop is low.

If you don't mind playing the social arena environment you should be able to find people within any of the Fiesta playlists. They tend to be the most populated options within that particular environment.

The Customs Browser is going to be dependent on what's available. You could try loading up a Custom game yourself and then opening it up to the public so that others can find it within the Customs Browser.

Lastly, have you at least tried the Warzone Firefight modes? Usually people can find a game there as there's zero MMR influence within the matchmaking.
Ok thx for your help. The error was that there were to many systems in my wifi so i couldnt conecct to any server. But anyway lets hope that Halo wont die out. Ive read many comments that many players stoppt playing but i still dont know the reason why.
eLantern wrote:
eLantern wrote:

Ok thx for your help. The error was that there were to many systems in my wifi so i couldnt conecct to any server. But anyway lets hope that Halo wont die out. Ive read many comments that many players stoppt playing but i still dont know the reason why.
I imagine some of the primary reasons are that the game is 3+ years old and people just like to move onto something new after a while. And the fact that the MCC is in a much better state probably creates incentive for many long-time Halo fans to spend time there too which dilutes the population between titles, but at the same time it's good because it's also helping to attract newer players to the franchise too.
This thread has been pretty slow. Josh, I'm curious if you would ever consider doing a poll to see what the main reasons are for people liking Fiesta so much in this game. It's obviously not typical in a Halo game so getting the real reasoning for it could provide info for future games like Infinite and what to do or not do with playlists. I'm asking about it because I wouldn't be surprised if the most popular answer other than being fun isn't the one that most people would expect .
ZaedynFel I just played a match of swat but I got an error message “retrieving data” instead of post game stats.
According to H5’s post game stats, theatre, waypoint game history, and waypoint arena stats the match didn’t happen and I received no CSR update.
The match was a win on russet br’s between 3:00 and 3:15 eastern today.
The previous game was a loss on plaza H2 br’s.
I’m pretty sure Scary Dreamss was in the match and it doesn’t show on his game history either.

Any idea what happened?
Is there any plans to update the maplist for Ranked Slayer?
Seems like we've been playing the same ones for some time now.
Isn't it possible to keep the maps we currently have and just introduce all the ones that were removed last time like Overgrowth, Molten etc...

Surely that would help reduce playing the same maps over and over again. Last week I went 2 evenings where I had Midship once and lost track of how many times I played Fathom.
ZaedynFel I just played a match of swat but I got an error message “retrieving data” instead of post game stats.
According to H5’s post game stats, theatre, waypoint game history, and waypoint arena stats the match didn’t happen and I received no CSR update.
The match was a win on russet br’s between 3:00 and 3:15 eastern today.
The previous game was a loss on plaza H2 br’s.
I’m pretty sure Scary Dreamss was in the match and it doesn’t show on his game history either.

Any idea what happened?
Most likely 343's servers are running into a problem. It has happened before and usually the game will get out on your record once it goes through.
Can Empire be removed from Slayer? Or at the very least can the power weapons be added back in? It's a slog currently with only Overshield and Active Camo, there is more to Halo than precision weapons, one of them being power weapion control and this current version of the map is just annoying.

The map played better overall when it had Sniper, Shotgun and Rockets on the map.
Noticed today, loads of Onyx players are getting matched in mid-plat games.

Why??
Even if onyx guy has a bronze on his team he's too good and people just quit.

One game today, my team was a 4 of mid-plat against 2 onyx, 1 plat 3 and a bronze.
Within 2 minutes 2 of my team had quit.
KotorBay85 wrote:
Noticed today, loads of Onyx players are getting matched in mid-plat games.

Why??
Even if onyx guy has a bronze on his team he's too good and people just quit.

One game today, my team was a 4 of mid-plat against 2 onyx, 1 plat 3 and a bronze.
Within 2 minutes 2 of my team had quit.
The skill gap is based on who is available. If pop in the list you are playing on dips, you'll get large skill gaps in the match.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 27