3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 27
But did take me about 20min to get a war zone turbo match
With what settings? Focused, Balanced, or Expanded.

And, what time of day (+region)?
Id say the parameters for matching in FFA are too loose! Im all for a challenge, but matching Onyx and Champs from Platinum is pretty ridiculous. I get that they need to match too, but the CSR lost in FFA seems heavily outweighed compared to whats gained for wins regardless of what rank your up against. Basically making it impossible to rank up!
Id say the parameters for matching in FFA are too loose! Im all for a challenge, but matching Onyx and Champs from Platinum is pretty ridiculous. I get that they need to match too, but the CSR lost in FFA seems heavily outweighed compared to whats gained for wins regardless of what rank your up against. Basically making it impossible to rank up!
If you are low ranked there is no point playing FFA imo. You're just gonna get battered most games because of the population
Champs matching plats only happens because the population is so low. Otherwise the bottom and top sections of the bell curve wouldn't be able to play the playlist which is unacceptable.

Also your CSR gain and loss is based on the expectations of how well you will play versus how well you did. So if there is a champ/onyx then you probably aren't expected to win. As long as you do better than expectations, even if that expectation is double negative, then you can rank up. If you are hovering around the same 100-150 CSR range then the people you are matching against aren't the reason you aren't ranking up but rather you have reached you actual skill level.
Any update on when the BTB refresh might be coming?
An update on Halo 5 Refresh in General will be awesome. Believe it or not theres still a community in halo 5 sticking around waiting for an update to the game.
An update on Halo 5 Refresh in General will be awesome. Believe it or not theres still a community in halo 5 sticking around waiting for an update to the game.
As much as everyone wants a refresh on halo 5 (specially on BTB), 343 is done providing content updates. However, Josh did mentioned this:

Quote:
Our current plans with BTB are as follows:
  • Monitor it as we enter the holiday season. If holiday traffic is enough to keep it alive, we’ll leave it up and reconsider its future in January
  • Begin work on a refresh. If BTB can hang on long enough, we will see how well it does after a refresh before moving it to a rotational
  • If these both fail, then BTB shouldn’t be an exception given how much better every other list has done as a rotational when it starts behaving this way.
Now, a refresh will only come if BTB doesn't hold on its own. I'm assuming BTB still being active but that doesn't mean 343 can throw away a refresh, it has needed a refresh from a very long time. This thread has been dry, we haven't heard anything from Josh, not even a small update to see how well is doing or if they ever gonna refresh the playlist.
My guess is BTSF went down in favor of Holiday Fiesta and regular BTB is still struggling, but we'll only know with a popularity list.
I’m absolutely appalled by the new ranking rules related to quitting.

It has has totally ruined the game for me and my friends and needs to be fixed before the season is over.

I’d love to know the statistics on the amount of people who quit in ranked games. My guess is, based on my experience, atleast 50%.

This means that 50% of games are MEANINGLESS nobody can rank up and the penalty for losing to 3 people, even on large maps where 3 players is an advantage, is obscene.

It’s a total waste of time. I realize people don’t care about their rank, but a lot if people actually use it to gauge progress and to play in 50% of my matches and have them be meaningless has completely ruined this game for me.

Can someone one please respond to this. I understand protecting the team with the person who quit but sometimes people quit just because their team is losing and then the winning team is penalized.

Literally this is awful....
If they'd swap the H5 BR for the H2 BR as the BTB primary I bet more people would play it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Heaviies wrote:
Jynx Fatal wrote:
This thread has been dry, we haven't heard anything from Josh, not even a small update to see how well is doing or if they ever gonna refresh the playlist.
Nice to see Josh staying engaged with the community
"Any yes, both the Big Team Battle refresh and Head to Head playlist that Josh Menke mentioned in our last Community Update are still very much a thing!"

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/that-new-new-year
cicconmr00 wrote:
the penalty for losing to 3 people ... is obscene.
I'm not sure if this was actually what you meant to say, but if it is:

No, this is completely intentional and "right". If you as a team of 4, with the advantage of an extra player, can't manage to beat a team of 3, then yes, you should get knocked down a few pegs.
cicconmr00 wrote:
the penalty for losing to 3 people ... is obscene.
I'm not sure if this was actually what you meant to say, but if it is:

No, this is completely intentional and "right". If you as a team of 4, with the advantage of an extra player, can't manage to beat a team of 3, then yes, you should get knocked down a few pegs.
Think critically for a little.

What if if you are on a large map playing as a single and you are down 10 kills and someone on the other team quits? How is it not an advantage to have less people when you are up by 10 kills. You’re operating under the assumption that my team of 4 is always in communication but I’d take a well organized party of 3 vs 4 singles on most maps in Ranked slayer. The fact of the matter is nobody can say that 4 players is an advantage on 3 players in all scenarios.

I played 8 games of ranked slayer tonight and in only two of those 8 did we have 4 on 4 games, that means from a ranking perspective 6 out of 8 games were meaningless and one of those games went to 4 on 1 with 10 minutes left. I could go 50 and 0 and if some coward on the other team quits it is meaningless. I don’t get like 5 hours a day to play Halo, so it’s teally brutal when 75% of your games you can’t even move rank on.

I don’t understand how nobody else is constantly complaining about this on here. It can’t be just us that this happens to, we live in Texas not Australia so it can’t be a server issue. We’re playing at peak hours.

Literally tonight we made a pack that we are officially done with Halo 5. The game has been totally ruined....quitters already ruin ranked games but penalizing me for someone else quitting.....it can’t get much worse than that.

Someone can DM me if this changes for the next season and maybe we’ll play this game again. Until then.....
Stupidly went into slayer lobby for one last game by myself......I went 20 7 and 9 and we won but someone quit the minute the game started so it was meaningless.

My rank didnt move a sliver. That’s 9 games with 2/9 being full 4 on 4 games.

Quitters ised to only ruin their rank now they ruin everyone’s......
Getting out of Diamond ranks is impossible. I honestly don't see how the current ranking system is an improvement or fair. Lose one game, you drop a full bar. Win several consecutive games, minimal gain. Even in games where I win when I'm not "supposed" to, hardly a noticeable gain. Giving up on this system, its broken.
Getting out of Diamond ranks is impossible. I honestly don't see how the current ranking system is an improvement or fair. Lose one game, you drop a full bar. Win several consecutive games, minimal gain. Even in games where I win when I'm not "supposed" to, hardly a noticeable gain. Giving up on this system, its broken.
It's not broken. It's tough because you're likely not playing at a level worthy of Onyx; therefore, you remain within Diamond. The system is pretty adapt at learning your skill-level and often within 8 games or so post-placement (~18 games into a new season) you'll have a pretty good idea of where you're current skill level exists at with regards to the active population. Also, expect your rank to likely float (up & down) within an approximate 100-200 point range based on typical performance oscillations.

This is not to say that it's impossible to improve in such a way that you could reach Onyx, but that it'd require some serious work to reflect real improvement. You'd likely have to grind your -Yoink- off by playing all the time. Take some time to work on your mobility and the advanced techniques if you really want to push yourself further. This may even require you to adopt a new control setup to achieve which can feel like starting from scratch. You'll also likely need to do some post-match theater re-caps of your matches in order to self analyze your game. Try to determine where you're making mistakes or where you seem to have weaknesses in your game so that you can address them. It's also important to work on gaining a better understanding of the game's spawn system in order to improve your predictive assessment within a live match. Situational awareness is huge. Take notice of where your teammates are and keep an eye on the kill feed. Track the time on power-ups and power weapons (within non-SWAT matches). Maybe fire up some Octagon matches and open them up to the public to work on your reflexes and aim. Try finding players around, if not slightly above, your skill level to team up with and focus on improving the team communication. Even when you're playing solo, keep your mic hot and feed your team all the information you can even if they're not communicating back. In some cases this may even cause teammates to turn on their mics. Focus on maintaining your composure during a match by keeping your emotions that get fired up from frustration in check. Anyways, all of these things are not necessarily easy or even possible (time wise) to do, but they do go a long way towards making real improvement progress.
eLantern wrote:
It's not broken. It's tough because you're likely not playing at a level worthy of Onyx; therefore, you remain within Diamond. The system is pretty adapt at learning your skill-level and often within 8 games or so post-placement (~18 games into a new season) you'll have a pretty good idea of where you're current skill level exists at with regards to the active population. Also, expect your rank to likely float (up & down) within an approximate 100-200 point range based on typical performance oscillations.

This is not to say that it's impossible to improve in such a way that you could reach Onyx, but that it'd require some serious work to reflect real improvement. You'd likely have to grind your -Yoink- off by playing all the time. Take some time to work on your mobility and the advanced techniques if you really want to push yourself further. This may even require you to adopt a new control setup to achieve which can feel like starting from scratch. You'll also likely need to do some post-match theater re-caps of your matches in order to self analyze your game. Try to determine where you're making mistakes or where you seem to have weaknesses in your game so that you can address them. It's also important to work on gaining a better understanding of the game's spawn system in order to improve your predictive assessment within a live match. Situational awareness is huge. Take notice of where your teammates are and keep an eye on the kill feed. Track the time on power-ups and power weapons (within non-SWAT matches). Maybe fire up some Octagon matches and open them up to the public to work on your reflexes and aim. Try finding players around, if not slightly above, your skill level to team up with and focus on improving the team communication. Even when you're playing solo, keep your mic hot and feed your team all the information you can even if they're not communicating back. In some cases this may even cause teammates to turn on their mics. Focus on maintaining your composure during a match by keeping your emotions that get fired up from frustration in check. Anyways, all of these things are not necessarily easy or even possible (time wise) to do, but they do go a long way towards making real improvement progress.
My skill is fine. The problem is even with wins (which they've said is primary in regards to moving up or down) are broken. I've played plenty of games going positives which wins that I "shouldn't" have won and get almost nothing. Lose once or have a bad game, lose all progress and then some. My opinion of the system won't change, it's not good.
eLantern wrote:

My skill is fine. The problem is even with wins (which they've said is primary in regards to moving up or down) are broken. I've played plenty of games going positives which wins that I "shouldn't" have won and get almost nothing. Lose once or have a bad game, lose all progress and then some. My opinion of the system won't change, it's not good.
Wins are primary, but all wins and losses are not of equal value to the system's assessment of your skill. You reference unexpected wins, but it'd be easier to understand your claim if you could provide links to those match outcomes. It seems like you've made up your mind that you'd rather have a visual indication that's more reflective of experience than actual skill.
eLantern wrote:
eLantern wrote:

Wins are primary, but all wins and losses are not of equal value to the system's assessment of your skill. You reference unexpected wins, but it'd be easier to understand your claim if you could provide links to those match outcomes. It seems like you've made up your mind that you'd rather have a visual indication that's more reflective of experience than actual skill.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/it-it/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/110c9d59-f9ff-449f-970f-33ddf46b9f23/players/nbk%20darkwarlock?gameHistoryMatchIndex=5&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All this victory made me jump from Onyx 1730 to Onyx 1830 only because i reached the quota of KPM
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 27