4. 26
  5. ...
  6. 27
Z1000B wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Z1000B wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
NightClerk wrote:
ZaedynFelBeen having a lot of quitters/AFK in games recently. Played some Team Arena yesterday, these were my first five games.
  • Game 1: Starts 2v4 - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/f3b62936-fa22-42e0-959a-1f202b2d3f6c/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=14&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
  • Game 2: One teammate AFK from the start, another quits. Then we all quit - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/397787f2-eb98-4d82-9c0d-ef761a34eaba/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=13&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
  • Game 3: Success! Full teams for entirety of game. No AFKs. - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/1b99c0fe-aec4-465e-b9e3-835515fc9aa2/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=12&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
  • Game 4: Started with 1 or 2 AFK teammates who eventually quit. We all quit after they leave. - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/5e96d950-5af5-40c4-a693-f1dd4dd99822/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=11&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
  • Game 5: 2 teammates quit early. - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/8c23ea97-1541-44b7-898b-4a49c092c637/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=10&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
Fortunately I believe the ranking system worked and my CSR loss was pretty minimal. I think the penalties for quitting and being AFK aren’t strong enough to discourage this behavior. I will say that the matches I get are generally very competitive and TS2 finds balanced games. I’m sure you understand the frustration of going into game after game only to have that time wasted with a quitter.

Has there been any talk of implementing some type of “trust score” that tracks how often people quit? With a score like that, quitters could be matched with other quitters. Rewarding “good” players and punishing quitters in one motion.

This isn’t a criticism of TS2 or the MM system, which seems to be working very well. Just frustrated with these experiences I'm sure you can relate to. Keep up the good work.
Unfortunately quitting isn't a small group of players that be isolated, it's most players.

Players quit when they are clearly overmatched. Either at the team or individual level, and it's a large portion of the population.
Does that not mean the matchmaking did/does not work properly ? It happens alot in WZ Arena and btb playlists often. Players either solo or small fireteams matched with very low ranked players against larger teams in wz or just just very good communicating players, it leaves you frustrated when looking at stats to see your 20 plus positive and lower down your team playing out a -20 , gut im sure you know this. Keep trying and iwill also try not to quit out of unbalanced matches.
Yes, this happens due to pop depending on the playlist. MM is tuned so if the pop is there at your skill level, you will have similar teammates against similar opponents, without large gaps in performance.

But in playlists like Warzone that require 24 players, the best players will almost never find all equal teammates because there are rarely 24 top players all searching at once solo.
Thanks for replying . Its not just the MM that leads me to quit games, its hit detection, bullets through walls, glitchy players, lag , when you get things like that happen its a case of walking away to save frustration. unfortunate unbalance in MM is what happens and i will be honest and say there are players especially when they arein the same team i wont play as i know whats going to happen. One more thing, Is there a point being put into a game on losing team triple capped ect, imean just close the game off so it can end quicker, it would save loss to new player and everyone can move on? Thanks again.
I have balance problems too yesterday I was playing elimination and I’m plat 6 in it and I got a champion on the other team.
Z1000B wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Z1000B wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
NightClerk wrote:
ZaedynFelBeen having a lot of quitters/AFK in games recently. Played some Team Arena yesterday, these were my first five games.
  • Game 1: Starts 2v4 - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/f3b62936-fa22-42e0-959a-1f202b2d3f6c/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=14&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
  • Game 2: One teammate AFK from the start, another quits. Then we all quit - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/397787f2-eb98-4d82-9c0d-ef761a34eaba/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=13&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
  • Game 3: Success! Full teams for entirety of game. No AFKs. - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/1b99c0fe-aec4-465e-b9e3-835515fc9aa2/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=12&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
  • Game 4: Started with 1 or 2 AFK teammates who eventually quit. We all quit after they leave. - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/5e96d950-5af5-40c4-a693-f1dd4dd99822/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=11&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
  • Game 5: 2 teammates quit early. - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/8c23ea97-1541-44b7-898b-4a49c092c637/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=10&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
Fortunately I believe the ranking system worked and my CSR loss was pretty minimal. I think the penalties for quitting and being AFK aren’t strong enough to discourage this behavior. I will say that the matches I get are generally very competitive and TS2 finds balanced games. I’m sure you understand the frustration of going into game after game only to have that time wasted with a quitter.

Has there been any talk of implementing some type of “trust score” that tracks how often people quit? With a score like that, quitters could be matched with other quitters. Rewarding “good” players and punishing quitters in one motion.

This isn’t a criticism of TS2 or the MM system, which seems to be working very well. Just frustrated with these experiences I'm sure you can relate to. Keep up the good work.
Unfortunately quitting isn't a small group of players that be isolated, it's most players.

Players quit when they are clearly overmatched. Either at the team or individual level, and it's a large portion of the population.
Does that not mean the matchmaking did/does not work properly ? It happens alot in WZ Arena and btb playlists often. Players either solo or small fireteams matched with very low ranked players against larger teams in wz or just just very good communicating players, it leaves you frustrated when looking at stats to see your 20 plus positive and lower down your team playing out a -20 , gut im sure you know this. Keep trying and iwill also try not to quit out of unbalanced matches.
Yes, this happens due to pop depending on the playlist. MM is tuned so if the pop is there at your skill level, you will have similar teammates against similar opponents, without large gaps in performance.

But in playlists like Warzone that require 24 players, the best players will almost never find all equal teammates because there are rarely 24 top players all searching at once solo.
Thanks for replying . Its not just the MM that leads me to quit games, its hit detection, bullets through walls, glitchy players, lag , when you get things like that happen its a case of walking away to save frustration. unfortunate unbalance in MM is what happens and i will be honest and say there are players especially when they arein the same team i wont play as i know whats going to happen. One more thing, Is there a point being put into a game on losing team triple capped ect, imean just close the game off so it can end quicker, it would save loss to new player and everyone can move on? Thanks again.
I have balance problems too yesterday I was playing elimination and I’m plat 6 in it and I got a champion on the other team.
Sounds about right, not enough players to balance it out so you will do.
Not sure if this has been brought up but as far back as I can remember 3rd place or better had you moving up in CSR in FFA. My last few games have been 3rd and 2nd place and I went down from d3 to d2 it seems insane
Not sure if this has been brought up but as far back as I can remember 3rd place or better had you moving up in CSR in FFA. My last few games have been 3rd and 2nd place and I went down from d3 to d2 it seems insane
Depends on the other players in the match. I'm low platinum. Had a match where I played against diamonds and onyx. Predictably placed 5th and my csr went up slightly. So it goes both ways.
Z1000B wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Z1000B wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
NightClerk wrote:

You are not supposed to join in progress into a game in Warzone where either team is triple capped. What usually happens is that a team starts losing their last armory, a player quits out of frustration, and it starts loading you into the game. Since it takes time to actually load you into the game, sometimes you spawn and the third armory was already capped in the middle of your loading or shortly after.

It would be nice if the loss wouldn't count towards your service record. Stats would only count in a win.
Hey Menke, may I have both my FFA and Slayer MMRs? Thanks!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
TraadeMerK wrote:
Hey Menke, may I have both my FFA and Slayer MMRs? Thanks!
2104 and 2057
I'm guessing Seclusion isn't in 4-4 Slayer anymore because I never get it 😔 My friends and I miss that map. Light vehicle play in ranked 4-4 Team Slayer is fun, as long as there's ways to counter them, which Seclusion definitely had. Variety is the spice of life right!!

This whole "ranked has to be precision weapons only" and "no vehicles allowed" mantality really needs to go. If you want that, then play HCS/MLG/Team Arena whatever it's called now, I can't remember lol

Halo 3 had light vehicle play and a good variety of weapons in ranked 4-4 team Slayer, and I remember it being pretty dam popular. If you want more people playing ranked, maybe you should consider this kind of stuff in the non HCS/MLG/Team Arena playlists.

Just food for thought 🙃
I wish that the forerunner weapons didn’t exist in the ranked playlist. It take no skill to use them all the shots follow you the suppresser and bolt shot are non covenant needlers.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature. Please do not make non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
Spoiler:
Show
Z1000B wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Z1000B wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
NightClerk wrote:

You are not supposed to join in progress into a game in Warzone where either team is triple capped. What usually happens is that a team starts losing their last armory, a player quits out of frustration, and it starts loading you into the game. Since it takes time to actually load you into the game, sometimes you spawn and the third armory was already capped in the middle of your loading or shortly after.

It would be nice if the loss wouldn't count towards your service record. Stats would only count in a win.
It would be nice if it didnt, but be better if you was not spawned into it.
Is there something wrong with the current season? I've seen a couple people get carried to Champion so farAnd I know that it's just the beginning of the season, but still. I don't remember that being an issue last season or are all the real Champs now gone, so it's letting more people into Champ now just to fill in the spots? I'm so confused.
D M4N8 wrote:
Is there something wrong with the current season? I've seen a couple people get carried to Champion so farAnd I know that it's just the beginning of the season, but still. I don't remember that being an issue last season or are all the real Champs now gone, so it's letting more people into Champ now just to fill in the spots? I'm so confused.
The first people to reach Onyx will earn Champ titles... at least for a period of time until more skilled players invest the time to reach and surpass low level Onyx players who were simply quicker to reach Onyx.
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
The first people to reach Onyx will earn Champ titles... at least for a period of time until more skilled players invest the time to reach and surpass low level Onyx players who were simply quicker to reach Onyx.
I understand that. That's been the case for the last three seasons or so. What I am not understanding is how people are reaching 1500 easier than before. The point being here that there are people who shouldn't be reaching 1500 simply because they have more time on their hands than others. It seems as though skill is no longer a factor and the system reverted back to the grind aspect of things, rather than skill.

I'm just questioning if things somehow went back to how they were...
eLantern wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
Even if you didn't know lesser skilled players can get to Champ early in the season(which I highly doubt), I don't think that addresses your question. I also noticed something odd about this season. I qualified on two alts in Team Arena and both of them qualified 3 or 4 levels higher than what I've been used to. It made me feel like there were some changes made to the ranking system, however unlikely that is. I'm sure this doesn't fully answer your question, but I figured you might want to know that you're not the only one feeling the season has started differently.

Awww man, you ninja'd me
Hey Menke/ZaedynFEL,

Just looking for some guidance on my MMR and CSR on SWAT to put my mind at ease! In my 10 placement matches I ranked high diamond 2 on SWAT, even the games I lost I still had a positive K/D and even beat some champs & thought great I can work my way to high diamond/low Onyx which I feel at my game should be about right if I play frequently enough. However despite being mostly positive in SWAT I didn’t rank further up after my placement matches at all then started to drop massively when we lost. In the team I played with last night we won most games & the rest were rising and even got one of us up to Champ?! I don’t feel it was a case of me being carried as generally I was dying far less than the rest of my team and still being positive, except in the games where we lost and I was negative it was a bad K/D for me (had some shockers I know) and when we did lose I was bottom of my team; is that a factor into why? Could have my initial CSR been way over inflated? As don’t feel like I was out of my depth against the teams we were coming up against? Once you have explained that, my MMR/CSR for Team Arena would be great too if possible - thank you :)!
Any reason why no changes in maps for Slayer this season?
The map rotation isn't the best and it would be nice to play something new, even if it's maps from season before.

Yesterday I played 25 games, got Truth and Coli once and didn't even get the rig.
I don't like Coli but arguably these are the best maps instead of rubbish like White Cell.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 25
  4. 26
  5. ...
  6. 27