I have balance problems too yesterday I was playing elimination and I’m plat 6 in it and I got a champion on the other team.Z1000B wrote:Thanks for replying . Its not just the MM that leads me to quit games, its hit detection, bullets through walls, glitchy players, lag , when you get things like that happen its a case of walking away to save frustration. unfortunate unbalance in MM is what happens and i will be honest and say there are players especially when they arein the same team i wont play as i know whats going to happen. One more thing, Is there a point being put into a game on losing team triple capped ect, imean just close the game off so it can end quicker, it would save loss to new player and everyone can move on? Thanks again.ZaedynFel wrote:Yes, this happens due to pop depending on the playlist. MM is tuned so if the pop is there at your skill level, you will have similar teammates against similar opponents, without large gaps in performance.Z1000B wrote:Does that not mean the matchmaking did/does not work properly ? It happens alot in WZ Arena and btb playlists often. Players either solo or small fireteams matched with very low ranked players against larger teams in wz or just just very good communicating players, it leaves you frustrated when looking at stats to see your 20 plus positive and lower down your team playing out a -20 , gut im sure you know this. Keep trying and iwill also try not to quit out of unbalanced matches.ZaedynFel wrote:Unfortunately quitting isn't a small group of players that be isolated, it's most players.NightClerk wrote:ZaedynFelBeen having a lot of quitters/AFK in games recently. Played some Team Arena yesterday, these were my first five games.
Fortunately I believe the ranking system worked and my CSR loss was pretty minimal. I think the penalties for quitting and being AFK aren’t strong enough to discourage this behavior. I will say that the matches I get are generally very competitive and TS2 finds balanced games. I’m sure you understand the frustration of going into game after game only to have that time wasted with a quitter.
- Game 1: Starts 2v4 - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/f3b62936-fa22-42e0-959a-1f202b2d3f6c/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=14&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
- Game 2: One teammate AFK from the start, another quits. Then we all quit - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/397787f2-eb98-4d82-9c0d-ef761a34eaba/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=13&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
- Game 3: Success! Full teams for entirety of game. No AFKs. - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/1b99c0fe-aec4-465e-b9e3-835515fc9aa2/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=12&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
- Game 4: Started with 1 or 2 AFK teammates who eventually quit. We all quit after they leave. - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/5e96d950-5af5-40c4-a693-f1dd4dd99822/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=11&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
- Game 5: 2 teammates quit early. - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/8c23ea97-1541-44b7-898b-4a49c092c637/players/nightclerk?gameHistoryMatchIndex=10&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
Has there been any talk of implementing some type of “trust score” that tracks how often people quit? With a score like that, quitters could be matched with other quitters. Rewarding “good” players and punishing quitters in one motion.
This isn’t a criticism of TS2 or the MM system, which seems to be working very well. Just frustrated with these experiences I'm sure you can relate to. Keep up the good work.
Players quit when they are clearly overmatched. Either at the team or individual level, and it's a large portion of the population.
But in playlists like Warzone that require 24 players, the best players will almost never find all equal teammates because there are rarely 24 top players all searching at once solo.
[Locked] MATCHMAKING FEEDBACK UPDATE – November 5