OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Matchmaking Issues Last Week

Several of you brought to our attention that we were having issues matchmaking players in Super Fiesta at first, and then Warzone and a few other playlists on Friday. Thanks for your feedback on that.

With that help, we found the problem and those issues have been eliminated. All lists are back to normal.

Will matchmaking eventually get too tight?

It’s possible, but we’re not quite there yet. I’ve seen that happen in other games, and the solution was to make some games tight, and some games loose. That works well. But first, I think we need to get the ability to make things tight, and then loosen in a controlled way.

Can you tell me my Warzone MMR or percentile?

Maybe. If I see your request during a time when I’m not too busy, you might get lucky. But I can’t guarantee to have time to look all these up.

You can ask, but don’t be surprised if you don’t get an answer.

I’m seeing more parties in Social now.

As part of the fix to the matchmaking issues we had last week, we had to temporarily remove this from Social. It will work its way back in when we’re ready.

Any updates on the upcoming matchmaking changes?

Still coming soon. We’re waiting on a partner to button up some known issues.
Are there any plans to include the new Tuned BR for the h3 playlist? It would be much better for the h3 playlist to have a br with less range and a slower ttk even if it does have spread. Especially because the old BR kills so fast and has so much range while players are too slow to combat it with their strafe.
So can I see my Warzone Percentile?
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
0.2%
What's my MMR or percentile for warzone?
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
You should ask for your Warzone MMR number instead of a percentile. Its far more precise and better for comparing to others. Here are some numbers I recall. Keep in mind, 2.0 is considered pretty high, and the system caps MMR at 2.0 when selecting which players can match against each other (No more than about 1.0 difference can match each other)

Vlaxy - 7.9
Nas (Precellence) - 7.76,
Havoc XCV - 7.5
Me (Our Protagonist) - 7.26
StephenRG95 - around 6.85
Stormfish - about 3.5
Steezy Gunman - 3.0
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
You should ask for your Warzone MMR number instead of a percentile. Its far more precise and better for comparing to others. Here are some numbers I recall. Keep in mind, 2.0 is considered pretty high, and the system caps MMR at 2.0 when selecting which players can match against each other (No more than about 1.0 difference can match each other)

Vlaxy - 7.9
Nas (Precellence) - 7.56,
Havoc XCV - 7.5
Stormfish - about 3.5
Soo what factors besides win rate go in to calculating your MMR? I'm pretty well average with about a 50% win rate and usually around 15 kills a game on average. Keep in mind I pretty much just play WZA, but I match a lot of higher level players. Soo I'm just wondering why this is happening when I'm only an average player? Could my MMR somehow be that high ?
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
Soo what factors besides win rate go in to calculating your MMR? I'm pretty well average with about a 50% win rate and usually around 15 kills a game on average. Keep in mind I pretty much just play WZA, but I match a lot of higher level players. Soo I'm just wondering why this is happening when I'm only an average player? Could my MMR somehow be that high ?
The only things that matter in terms of your MMR is whether you win or not, and also the MMR of your allies/opponents. So if you have high MRM with a 50% win rate, it means that you have beaten a lot of high MMR opponents while having mediocre allies.
Is it possible to add some kind of progression rank to ranked that will never reset that stays alongside your seasonal rank? Something like getting 1 exp per win, and nothing for a loss. It would create the incentive for players to want to have the most wins in the playlist as that would never reset when the season does. Gives us something to always play for. Could even have milestone pictures for a certain amount of wins, kinda like halo 3 with the 500exp in a playlist and you get the general symbol.
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
The only things that matter in terms of your MMR is whether you win or not, and also the MMR of your allies/opponents. So if you have high MRM with a 50% win rate, it means that you have beaten a lot of high MMR opponents while having mediocre allies.
Well that could make some sense I'm near the top of the score on my team in a lot of games but not always. I'm usually playing solo soo was just curious about this.
Can I see my warzone assault MMR ?
Just curious if my BTB CSR is still platinum? I remember I was a plat 3 when it was ranked way back when, but I think you guys removed it from the very first preseason ranks since I don't see it listed anymore in the history.
ChieftaiNZ wrote:

Vlaxy - 7.9
Havoc XCV - 7.5
Stormfish - about 3.5
Steezy Gunman - 3.0
Edit mine to 7.76. It's probably a bit higher or lower now.
Whats my Warzone MMR?
Nas wrote:
ChieftaiNZ wrote:

Vlaxy - 7.9
Havoc XCV - 7.5
Stormfish - about 3.5
Steezy Gunman - 3.0
How do you know what your MMR is when Josh has been telling us it is hidden?

It's really too bad you rarely post, and when you do it is about something devoid of actual feedback or discussion.
Any chance at more maps being added to the halo 3 list in the future? LOVE the list... Best experience and the most fun I've had in halo since 3.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Nas wrote:
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
How do you know what your MMR is when Josh has been telling us it is hidden?
Folks have been asking Josh directly for their MMRs. If he has time, he will tell you, but no guarantees.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Nas wrote:
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
Yeah, done. Pretty sure I got everyone else correct but feel free to chime in. I'll echo someone else who posted that this info should be included in the Halo API for the hardcore community to compete over.
Hey Josh,

In last week's update you mentioned that with the new matchmaker you can (potentially) do away with the old party restrictions. What are those said party restrictions again? I forget. Thanks!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7