ZaedynFel wrote:
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
So can I see my Warzone Percentile?
0.2%
So is that like, Top .2% or bottom .2%?
top. That's how he's been reporting it.
Hey man, couple o questions.

What is my rating?

(I am sure it is not near that top 7/8 you posted) why am I matching Nas and Steezy so damn often?

finally, how does Nas know his rating? This is confusing me (enough to correct the guy who has access to the numbers)

an in response to match making not being too tight. It is. It really is. Playoff in a team we can wait 5 mins and find nothing, solo ALL I get is thrown into a match that can only e described as a forgone conclusion. :-(
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
Folks have been asking Josh directly for their MMRs. If he has time, he will tell you, but no guarantees.
I get that he has been giving players their numbers when they ask. But this guy was just posting numbers without asking, and I was wondering how he already knew them.

Did he ask for them at another time?

Nas wrote:
Sorry, but anything I post is usually looked down upon on the forms by many uninformed or delusional people. I'd rather just stay out of the arguments and drama. Once I get my Twitch partnership, I will actively make a lot more important and discussion video's on my YouTube channel.
I see what you are saying. I am on these forums almost everyday, and I haven't seen you posting so I don't know about what arguments you have been in. One thing I like about these forums is they are heavily moderated so those types of things are few, and even if they get into an "argument" they stay civil or they get locked.

I know a lot of the Halo community doesn't even bother with these forums, heck even some of the devs don't bother either, but I am still of the belief that this is where we should be. Yeah youtube is great and all, and I follow a lot of the Halo content creators. I still want to encourage you that there are those of us here that appreciates any type of feedback that we can get. I would especially like to hear from you since you are one of the few who has the most XP in this game.
What is my rating?

(I am sure it is not near that top 7/8 you posted) why am I matching Nas and Steezy so damn often?

Everyone above MMR 2.0 (top 5% of players) is thrown into the same pool for MM player selection, so you can easily be put into games with the very top players if you're in the top 5%. After player selection the true MMRs are used to try and form the fairest teams possible (the best players get paired with the worst) without breaking up fireteams.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
What is my rating?

Everyone above MMR 2.0 (top 5% of players) is thrown into the same pool for MM player selection, so you can easily be put into games with the very top players if you're in the top 5%. After player selection the true MMRs are used to try and form the fairest teams possible (the best players get paired with the worst) without breaking up fireteams.
I get that, but I doubt I am in the top 5% of wins in warzone unless WZFF is included.
I would stop running with others that might be making the matchmaking go for the higher end of the player base, if it did not throw me in to already decided games to destroy my W/L and the times it doesn't, I seem to be matching the 152's and 6 man team anyway. Farm-city.

This is why I say that matchmaking has been tightened too much.
Hey Josh,

In last week's update you mentioned that with the new matchmaker you can (potentially) do away with the old party restrictions. What are those said party restrictions again? I forget. Thanks!
Current matchmaking tries to only match full parties with full parties at first. It eventually gives up.

But if you search focused, you won't see a full party for around 150s in Ranked, and 40s in Social.

Warzone is unaffected by party restrictions for the time being.

Oh, it's not a new matchmaker, just an enhancement to the matchmaking. It makes sure the gap between two teams is controlled so one team can rarely dominate another.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
Folks have been asking Josh directly for their MMRs. If he has time, he will tell you, but no guarantees.
I get that he has been giving players their numbers when they ask. But this guy was just posting numbers without asking, and I was wondering how he already knew them.

Did he ask for them at another time?
They likely PM'd ZaedynFel, which I do believe he said people could do if they really wanted to know in a previous MM Feedback thread.
Oh, I should point out that there's a difference between when I say, "we clamp at 2.0" and "the gap will be 5.0ish" and the raw MMR numbers I give out.

2.0 is actually 2.0 SDs.

But the raw numbers, like, 7.5, etc., are based on a distribution that has a mean of around 0.6 and a SD of around 1.3

So a 7.5 is about 5.3 SDs above the mean.

The 2.0 that we clamp at is more like 3.2 raw.

So a "3.2" and above player (2 SDs) can currently matchmake down to 0.6 (the mean or 0 once standardized).
DaxSeven09 wrote:
One thing I like about these forums is they are heavily moderated
Heavily-handed moderated is more like it...

ZaedynFel wrote:
Oh, I should point out that there's a difference between when I say, "we clamp at 2.0" and "the gap will be 5.0ish" and the raw MMR numbers I give out.

2.0 is actually 2.0 SDs.

But the raw numbers, like, 7.5, etc., are based on a distribution that has a mean of around 0.6 and a SD of around 1.3

So a "3.2" and above player (2 SDs) can currently matchmake down to 0.6 (the mean or 0 once standardized).
Any chance you can post a picture (or a link to a picture)? Might make it easier to understand a picture, rather than a bunch of words.

Re:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%e2%80%93-september-25/29ddae7c-2587-4e7d-92ee-291705a4b383/posts?page=7#post123

Were you confirming my guess of Silver v Gold?

Also, re the Diamond: With the new party matchmaking that's in the works, will the max gap between players on opposite teams be restricted to X tiers/SDs, where right now it can't distinguish a Diamond and a couple Golds teaming up and averaging to a High Gold, and puts Silvers on the opposing team with a Platinum? Am I understanding that correctly?
ZaedynFel wrote:
Current matchmaking tries to only match full parties with full parties at first. It eventually gives up.

But if you search focused, you won't see a full party for around 150s in Ranked, and 40s in Social.

Oh, it's not a new matchmaker, just an enhancement to the matchmaking. It makes sure the gap between two teams is controlled so one team can rarely dominate another.
When this new enhancement goes into effect, will it still try to match parties vs parties at first or will it just match parties against anyone in their skill range when a party starts searching?

So it's not 300 seconds anymore in Social when searching focused?
ZaedynFel wrote:

2.0 is actually 2.0 SDs.

Any chance you can post a picture (or a link to a picture)? Might make it easier to understand a picture, rather than a bunch of words.
Image #1 (super simplified)
Image #2 (fairly simplified)
Image #3 (still fairly simplified)
eLantern wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

2.0 is actually 2.0 SDs.

I'm not that stupid.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
One thing I like about these forums is they are heavily moderated
Heavily-handed moderated is more like it...

ZaedynFel wrote:

2.0 is actually 2.0 SDs.

Re:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%e2%80%93-september-25/29ddae7c-2587-4e7d-92ee-291705a4b383/posts?page=7#post123

Were you confirming my guess of Silver v Gold?

Also, re the Diamond: With the new party matchmaking that's in the works, will the max gap between players on opposite teams be restricted to X tiers/SDs, where right now it can't distinguish a Diamond and a couple Golds teaming up and averaging to a High Gold, and puts Silvers on the opposing team with a Platinum? Am I understanding that correctly?
No, it doesn't do anything to restrict the gap between players.

It restricts the gap between the sum of the MMRs, per team.

The new feature doesn't care at all about the gap between players.

We have an existing feature that cares about that, and restricts it to within 1 tier on most ranked playlists. But that is "1 tier" between parties. A party with one low Onyx and one High Bronze will match just fine against Golds.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

When this new enhancement goes into effect, will it still try to match parties vs parties at first or will it just match parties against anyone in their skill range when a party starts searching?

So it's not 300 seconds anymore in Social when searching focused?
That's up to us. For the most part, we won't need party matching anymore.

But at the endpoints, it might be nice to keep it a little longer because the matchmaker ignores skill gaps above a certain point, which could result, e.g., 4 Champs vs. 4 solo very high Onyx players.
eLantern wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

2.0 is actually 2.0 SDs.

I'm not that stupid.
Well then I guess I must be since only the first one didn't make my eyes cross.

Thanks for posting those anyway, eLantern, now I know what SD stands for, lol. I was going to have to take way too much time trying to figure that out.
Hey Josh, awhile back I had you looking into a strange issue some of us were having with the game. Slow movement, poor hit registration, erratic aim things like that. I have found out something very interesting as to why the game maybe performing very odd for some of us. I have recently found out that a lot of the major ISP's here in the US are now blocking ports. And when I dug deeper into this I have learned they are blocking ports that xbox live uses. And I'm guessing these are also the same ports you guys use for H5 or any Halo game for that matter. After working with a few friends of mine with the same and different ISP's we have all found out we had something in common. Specific ports for the game were either being blocked or filtered. Which neither is good for gaming. More commonly we found that two specific ports 53 and 80 were blocked. While some ports the game uses were being filtered. Which again neither are ideal. I know you probably wont know the answer to what I'm going to ask but I'm sure your network guys/gals might. Is it required to have all ports open to the game? And what are the current ports that H5 runs through? As of right now I know of 3 ISP's that are currently doing this. Not sure if this is US wide or region specific to areas in the US. But from what I have seen it is likely US wide. Again thanks for your time Josh. If you need other info from me please feel free to ask.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Any updates on the upcoming matchmaking changes? Still coming soon. We’re waiting on a partner to button up some known issues.
Are you hoping to have these changes in place for the November update?
ZaedynFel wrote:
Any updates on the upcoming matchmaking changes? Still coming soon. We’re waiting on a partner to button up some known issues.
Actually, we're trying them out in a subtle way in the HCS playlist right now.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Actually, we're trying them out in a subtle way in the HCS playlist right now.
Menke Meddling!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7