1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
Yeah there is cheating in halo 5 a friend of mine has a mod controller aimbot and all mods are on it so don't think there ain't cheating in this game there is you can even buy mod controller on amazon
My MMR for warzone??
Yeah there is cheating in halo 5 a friend of mine has a mod controller aimbot and all mods are on it so don't think there ain't cheating in this game there is you can even buy mod controller on amazon
There is no cheating of this kind on Xbox Live. As it stands the Xbox One OS has not been publicly compromised in any way that would allow modifications to run at the OS level or any of the games that run on the X1. If your friend is telling you they can do that, they're pulling your leg
ZaedynFel wrote:
That's up to us. For the most part, we won't need party matching anymore.

But at the endpoints, it might be nice to keep it a little longer because the matchmaker ignores skill gaps above a certain point, which could result, e.g., 4 Champs vs. 4 solo very high Onyx players.
Alright, but I do hope you keep it matching parties vs parties for at least a short amount of time while searching. The new features might make the skill gap between parties vs solo teams more close, but I don't think that's always gonna keep the games more fair.

You also have to consider that parties have communication and coordination while most solo teams don't for the majority of the time and that can lead to stompings. Then you can have quitters when things don't go the solo team's way or they realize they aren't gonna do well and that can create a snowball effect in the party's favor. That's why I'd still like parties vs parties to try and match first.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

But at the endpoints, it might be nice to keep it a little longer because the matchmaker ignores skill gaps above a certain point, which could result, e.g., 4 Champs vs. 4 solo very high Onyx players.
Alright, but I do hope you keep it matching parties vs parties for at least a short amount of time while searching. The new features might make the skill gap between parties vs solo teams more close, but I don't think that's always gonna keep the games more fair.

You also have to consider that parties have communication and coordination while most solo teams don't for the majority of the time and that can lead to stompings. Then you can have quitters when things don't go the solo team's way or they realize they aren't gonna do well and that can create a snowball effect in the party's favor. That's why I'd still like parties vs parties to try and match first.
Josh can correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe the data suggest that solo vs. parties is not as big an effect as people seem to believe. Avg MMR is a much better predictor of match outcome. So the idea is that if they can make the matches closer in avg. MMR by removing party restrictions, everyone will be better off.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

Josh can correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe the data suggest that solo vs. parties is not as big an effect as people seem to believe. Avg MMR is a much better predictor of match outcome. So the idea is that if they can make the matches closer in avg. MMR by removing party restrictions, everyone will be better off.
And to piggyback off this Josh has mentioned that down the road the skill-system should be able to account for minor MMR adjustments regarding the party size and how the players tend to perform when playing with each other. When all of these things are implemented removing party restrictions should only improve the overall health of the matchmaking experience.
Well, I hope you're right, but I still have reservations until it happens.
Hopefully 12 man Warzone soon :(
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Well, I hope you're right, but I still have reservations until it happens.
For now, we're keeping the party restrictions on at around 4 minutes (except in Warzone / WZA).

We'll see how that goes for now.

Like I said, the data show we don't really need them statistically.

The reason I'm keeping them is because we don't distinguish between a 2500 Champ and an 1800 Onyx in the matchmaker right now.

It probably feels pretty bad if a Solo 1800 faces a to4 2500s.
For more thoughts on this, there are two sources of unfairness when matching a full party:

1. The team balancing issue that we just fixed. This contributes 25% or more of an advantage to the unfairness. Meaning, a 50/50 match changes to a 75/25 one.
  2. Not accounting for the fact that a good to4 plays better than the sum of its parts. This is looking like it accounts for close to another 25% unfairness.
Both of these problems together push the win rate of a good to4 up to near 100%.

By fixing (1), we've driven that to 75% in competitive (probably, not sure yet). Which means if we DID turn off the party restrictions rule, good to4s would still have an advantage, but not as perceptible. Not the blowouts like before.]
Hopefully 12 man Warzone soon :(
It's moving along, but no updates yet.
I'm getting pretty annoyed about losing places for lagging out last season I lost 180 places from lag outs now I understand this is also due to my connection but is there a way to stop players from losing places from lagging out or some way of detecting lagging out or leaving a ranked match I understand that there needs to be a punishment but I've lost 60 places today in FFA and I'm getting really pissed off
Any matchmaking updates/refresh/love coming to Breakout? It's been a while.
Any chance at more maps being added to the halo 3 list in the future? LOVE the list... Best experience and the most fun I've had in halo since 3.
And new gametypes. 1 Flag on High Ground anyone?
ZaedynFel wrote:
Matchmaking Issues Last Week Several of you brought to our attention that we were having issues matchmaking players in Super Fiesta at first, and then Warzone and a few other playlists on Friday. Thanks for your feedback on that.
With that help, we found the problem and those issues have been eliminated. All lists are back to normal.
Will matchmaking eventually get too tight? It’s possible, but we’re not quite there yet. I’ve seen that happen in other games, and the solution was to make some games tight, and some games loose. That works well. But first, I think we need to get the ability to make things tight, and then loosen in a controlled way.
Can you tell me my Warzone MMR or percentile? Maybe. If I see your request during a time when I’m not too busy, you might get lucky. But I can’t guarantee to have time to look all these up.
You can ask, but don’t be surprised if you don’t get an answer.
I’m seeing more parties in Social now. As part of the fix to the matchmaking issues we had last week, we had to temporarily remove this from Social. It will work its way back in when we’re ready.
Any updates on the upcoming matchmaking changes? Still coming soon. We’re waiting on a partner to button up some known issues.
Hey Josh, do you think gametypes such as 1 Flag and 1 Bomb will be added to H5? To my mind, the best way to keep the game fresh is to give us more ways to play the game. Still loving H5, but sure would like to play turn-based objective gametypes on asymmetrical maps. Thank you much!
Jxxk v wrote:
I'm getting pretty annoyed about losing places for lagging out last season I lost 180 places from lag outs now I understand this is also due to my connection but is there a way to stop players from losing places from lagging out or some way of detecting lagging out or leaving a ranked match I understand that there needs to be a punishment but I've lost 60 places today in FFA and I'm getting really pissed off
We will soon have the ability to detect a ragequit vs. a lag out.

But what we do with it is tricky, because as soon as we let give players a way to quit without penalties, they find a way to "fake" it.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Matchmaking Issues Last Week Several of you brought to our attention that we were having issues matchmaking players in Super Fiesta at first, and then Warzone and a few other playlists on Friday. Thanks for your feedback on that.
With that help, we found the problem and those issues have been eliminated. All lists are back to normal.
Will matchmaking eventually get too tight? It’s possible, but we’re not quite there yet. I’ve seen that happen in other games, and the solution was to make some games tight, and some games loose. That works well. But first, I think we need to get the ability to make things tight, and then loosen in a controlled way.
Can you tell me my Warzone MMR or percentile? Maybe. If I see your request during a time when I’m not too busy, you might get lucky. But I can’t guarantee to have time to look all these up.
I’m seeing more parties in Social now. As part of the fix to the matchmaking issues we had last week, we had to temporarily remove this from Social. It will work its way back in when we’re ready.
Any updates on the upcoming matchmaking changes? Still coming soon. We’re waiting on a partner to button up some known issues.
Hey Josh, do you think gametypes such as 1 Flag and 1 Bomb will be added to H5? To my mind, the best way to keep the game fresh is to give us more ways to play the game. Still loving H5, but sure would like to play turn-based objective gametypes on asymmetrical maps. Thank you much!
We like the idea of adding maps and modes, but the majority of the team that does that work is heads down on the next game.

That doesn't mean no more modes, but it does mean we have to balance that work a bit, and may not be able to do stuff as often.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
We like the idea of adding maps and modes, but the majority of the team that does that work is heads down on the next game.

That doesn't mean no more modes, but it does mean we have to balance that work a bit, and may not be able to do stuff as often.
Understood. Thanks for the quick response.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Jxxk v wrote:
We will soon have the ability to detect a ragequit vs. a lag out.

But what we do with it is tricky, because as soon as we let give players a way to quit without penalties, they find a way to "fake" it.
That's interesting - the ability to rejoin the game if you lag out would be fantastic, though that too may be prone to abuse. Making the spartan be controlled by an AI while the teammate is disconnected (like gears and HotS) might be a good solution. That way they can't just pull the plug and disappear at a crucial moment!
stckrboy wrote:
There is no cheating of this kind on Xbox Live. As it stands the Xbox One OS has not been publicly compromised in any way that would allow modifications to run at the OS level or any of the games that run on the X1. If your friend is telling you they can do that, they're pulling your leg
Quick question -- and this I'm not trying to be combative, I'm just genuinely asking, but am I going crazy when I see some people who have something going on with their AR to kill quickly? I figured it was a modded controller or something, but I recorded some clips where they were definitely killing way too quickly and from way too far with an AR. The thread was closed b/c I'm an idiot and the clips contained their gamertags and I was technically calling this person out. I definitely deserved to have the thread closed, but I'm just wondering where on the spectrum of there's no cheating of this kind on Xbox Live to modding exists this level of "cheat" should be placed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7