Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Matchmaking Feedback Update – October 2

OP ZaedynFel

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
Hey Josh, can you tell me whats my mmr in wza? Is there a different mmr for each playlist in warzone or is it the same all across the board? Thanx in advance Josh if you respond.
Josh is there any chance we could see some changes to doubles like the HCS radar?
Quick question -- and this I'm not trying to be combative, I'm just genuinely asking, but am I going crazy when I see some people who have something going on with their AR to kill quickly? I figured it was a modded controller or something, but I recorded some clips where they were definitely killing way too quickly and from way too far with an AR. The thread was closed b/c I'm an idiot and the clips contained their gamertags and I was technically calling this person out. I definitely deserved to have the thread closed, but I'm just wondering where on the spectrum of there's no cheating of this kind on Xbox Live to modding exists this level of "cheat" should be placed.
There were a few issues with weapons in the game a few months back where they were able to be fired at a faster rate than was intended, that was an in-game issue though and not modding and was patched fairly soon afterwards.
stckrboy wrote:
Yeah there is cheating in halo 5 a friend of mine has a mod controller aimbot and all mods are on it so don't think there ain't cheating in this game there is you can even buy mod controller on amazon
There is no cheating of this kind on Xbox Live. As it stands the Xbox One OS has not been publicly compromised in any way that would allow modifications to run at the OS level or any of the games that run on the X1. If your friend is telling you they can do that, they're pulling your leg
Yes I've seen with my own eyes there is cheating u all just don't know it yet
Yes I've seen with my own eyes there is cheating u all just don't know it yet
By all means feel free to send me a PM with details on how your friend modded their Xbox One to add an aimbot, or get your friend to do it. I'll wait
stckrboy wrote:
Yeah there is cheating in halo 5 a friend of mine has a mod controller aimbot and all mods are on it so don't think there ain't cheating in this game there is you can even buy mod controller on amazon
There is no cheating of this kind on Xbox Live. As it stands the Xbox One OS has not been publicly compromised in any way that would allow modifications to run at the OS level or any of the games that run on the X1. If your friend is telling you they can do that, they're pulling your leg
Yes I've seen with my own eyes there is cheating u all just don't know it yet
Do u really think all these hackers out there they can't hack an Xbox 1 system but they can hack into military systems you all are crazy he does this cap everyday with no problem ur just fooled lol
Let's get back on topic now, this isn't really a discussion for this thread
stckrboy wrote:
Yes I've seen with my own eyes there is cheating u all just don't know it yet
By all means feel free to send me a PM with details on how your friend modded their Xbox One to add an aimbot, or get your friend to do it. I'll wait
And why would I do that lmao
I'm not giving my friend up like that you all are crazy to think xbox 1 system can't be jail broke hahaha you all will see soon enough
And why would I do that lmao
Because until you provide proof you are spreading rubbish. Nobody is going to take you at your word that your 'Friend' is running around with a modded game. PM me with details and prove what you say is true.

Please, back on topic now. Anything further can be discussed via PM
ZaedynFel wrote:
I'm getting pretty annoyed about losing places for lagging out last season I lost 180 places from lag outs now I understand this is also due to my connection but is there a way to stop players from losing places from lagging out or some way of detecting lagging out or leaving a ranked match I understand that there needs to be a punishment but I've lost 60 places today in FFA and I'm getting really pissed off
We will soon have the ability to detect a ragequit vs. a lag out.

But what we do with it is tricky, because as soon as we let give players a way to quit without penalties, they find a way to "fake" it.
But I thought you could already tell the difference?

ZaedynFel wrote:
Can you tell the difference between network issues and a normal quit? Yes,...
Are you distinguishing from a "normal quit" and a "rage quit"?
DaxSeven09 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
I'm getting pretty annoyed about losing places for lagging out last season I lost 180 places from lag outs now I understand this is also due to my connection but is there a way to stop players from losing places from lagging out or some way of detecting lagging out or leaving a ranked match I understand that there needs to be a punishment but I've lost 60 places today in FFA and I'm getting really pissed off
We will soon have the ability to detect a ragequit vs. a lag out.

But what we do with it is tricky, because as soon as we let give players a way to quit without penalties, they find a way to "fake" it.
But I thought you could already tell the difference?

ZaedynFel wrote:
Can you tell the difference between network issues and a normal quit? Yes,...
Are you distinguishing from a "normal quit" and a "rage quit"?
"Normal Quit" is just pressing Start and leaving the match. That's usually a rage quit. But not always.

When someone leaves due to "network issues", we don't know if they are legit network issues, or if they dashboarded / pulled a plug.

We'll know soon within some confidence if, regardless of the method used to leave the game, it was likely due to playing poorly vs. another reason.
ZaedynFel wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
I'm getting pretty annoyed about losing places for lagging out last season I lost 180 places from lag outs now I understand this is also due to my connection but is there a way to stop players from losing places from lagging out or some way of detecting lagging out or leaving a ranked match I understand that there needs to be a punishment but I've lost 60 places today in FFA and I'm getting really pissed off
We will soon have the ability to detect a ragequit vs. a lag out.

But what we do with it is tricky, because as soon as we let give players a way to quit without penalties, they find a way to "fake" it.
But I thought you could already tell the difference?

ZaedynFel wrote:
Can you tell the difference between network issues and a normal quit? Yes,...
Are you distinguishing from a "normal quit" and a "rage quit"?
"Normal Quit" is just pressing Start and leaving the match. That's usually a rage quit. But not always.

When someone leaves due to "network issues", we don't know if they are legit network issues, or if they dashboarded / pulled a plug.

We'll know soon within some confidence if, regardless of the method used to leave the game, it was likely due to playing poorly vs. another reason.
Okay, but I am still wondering, unless I misunderstood from your statement back in February, are you able to determine when a lag out has occurred.

I am mainly asking because so many time we see people on these forums claiming that all their DNF's, and their subsequent quit bans, are the result of lag outs. I had been working under the belief that you were able to know the difference.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I am mainly asking because so many time we see people on these forums claiming that all their DNF's, and their subsequent quit bans, are the result of lag outs. I had been working under the belief that you were able to know the difference.
We know when there's a network disconnect vs. them pressing "Start" and leaving the game.

But that doesn't help since if players know that faking a disconnect means no penalty, they'll just do that instead.

So what I said was true. We can tell the difference between a network issue and players pressing Start and Leave.
ZaedynFel wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I am mainly asking because so many time we see people on these forums claiming that all their DNF's, and their subsequent quit bans, are the result of lag outs. I had been working under the belief that you were able to know the difference.
We know when there's a network disconnect vs. them pressing "Start" and leaving the game.

But that doesn't help since if players know that faking a disconnect means no penalty, they'll just do that instead.

So what I said was true. We can tell the difference between a network issue and players pressing Start and Leave.
Thank you for the clarification.

It will be nice to have it tightened up, and know when players are leaving due to, like you said, "...playing poorly vs. another reason." As well as very hopeful that this is something you guys are continuing to work on, and it hasn't just been pushed to the side.
GhostX 117 wrote:
Josh is there any chance we could see some changes to doubles like the HCS radar?
I could see us doing a trial run with all of the HCS settings in Doubles at some point. No ETA though.
I am unable to find any games in MM when searching alone, and barely any when searching in a party. I'll search balanced or expanded and still have no luck. I'm am in the mountain time zone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
KNIGHT27 wrote:
I am unable to find any games in MM when searching alone, and barely any when searching in a party. I'll search balanced or expanded and still have no luck. I'm am in the mountain time zone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You're canceling out of your searches. That actually makes it take longer. Try letting it run the full search length and see if it times out or matches. It's about 5 minutes.
ZaedynFel wrote:
KNIGHT27 wrote:
I am unable to find any games in MM when searching alone, and barely any when searching in a party. I'll search balanced or expanded and still have no luck. I'm am in the mountain time zone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You're canceling out of your searches. That actually makes it take longer. Try letting it run the full search length and see if it times out or matches. It's about 5 minutes.
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
I have a question. On my pc I downloaded halo: forge. I have an xbox too so my brother could play with me but it isn';t working. Could anyone tell me if halo;forge and halo 5 can join each others custom games? if so then how?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7