1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7
I have a question. On my pc I downloaded halo: forge. I have an xbox too so my brother could play with me but it isn';t working. Could anyone tell me if halo;forge and halo 5 can join each others custom games? if so then how?
No, they are not cross play compatible.
I have a question. On my pc I downloaded halo: forge. I have an xbox too so my brother could play with me but it isn';t working. Could anyone tell me if halo;forge and halo 5 can join each others custom games? if so then how?
really, is there a mod for that?
really, is there a mod for that?
No.
Josh,
Has anything else changed for BTB other than lengthening the search times at this point? My clan mates and I are having a terrible time trying to get a game the past couple of days. Can't get a game as a full party, or searching solo/double. We got some games in yesterday morning, but now nothing. Do the same mechanics you talk about for warzone apply to BTB regarding full party searching and MMR values?

I remember this happening in the beginning of social BTB. Right after the first ranked pre-season. Any of our friends that ranked champ, could never solo search even when the list went social. After some time something must have changed to loosen up the requirements and we could search again and find games. I'm assuming at this point the population is low... which of course makes sense because no one can get games so they stop playing.

Back to FFA I go...
ExO BIGG wrote:
Josh,
Has anything else changed for BTB other than lengthening the search times at this point? My clan mates and I are having a terrible time trying to get a game the past couple of days. Can't get a game as a full party, or searching solo/double. We got some games in yesterday morning, but now nothing. Do the same mechanics you talk about for warzone apply to BTB regarding full party searching and MMR values?

I remember this happening in the beginning of social BTB. Right after the first ranked pre-season. Any of our friends that ranked champ, could never solo search even when the list went social. After some time something must have changed to loosen up the requirements and we could search again and find games. I'm assuming at this point the population is low... which of course makes sense because no one can get games so they stop playing.

Back to FFA I go...
My friends and I played 5 games of BTB last night, search times were fairly reasonable (<2ish minutes). First 3 games were as a To4, 4th was a To6, 5th was To5.

Of course, our team ranged from low-Gold to mid-Plat in ranked lists (the majority of the population), so it's sounds like you're experiencing the "penalties" of having a high MMR.
I'm finding matchmaking to find any game very slow the past two days. I've tried all the playlists and it takes at least 7 minutes at best, sometimes it takes much longer. I've waited 20 minutes once, only for a server error to occur and start over. Any one else experiencing bad matchmaking? Is this a known issue?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Quote:
Wait time questions from a few of you
We are rolling out the new "better team vs. team" matchmaking rule across all the hoppers. We started with it being pretty conservative, and are working on loosening up slowly till we hit a sweet spot.

The goal is to prevent the bad matches we allowed without it, but expand fast enough out to our "worst allowed" match to make sure everyone is matching.

We also pushed out party matchmaking restrictions to 4 minutes.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Quote:
Wait time questions from a few of you
We are rolling out the new "better team vs. team" matchmaking rule across all the hoppers. We started with it being pretty conservative, and are working on loosening up slowly till we hit a sweet spot.

The goal is to prevent the bad matches we allowed without it, but expand fast enough out to our "worst allowed" match to make sure everyone is matching.

We also pushed out party matchmaking restrictions to 4 minutes.
Awesome! I'll leave some feedback once I've tried it out. Thanks for the update.

But wait, does the new 4 minute party MM restriction mean that it's now HARDER to match if you're in a party? Like it tries to match you with another party for 4 full minutes before it will match you against solo queue people? It already seemed like party MM was very slow, so I'm a little worried this will slow it down more... I thought the one major point of this MM improvement was to allow relaxing of that team-vs-team restriction.
The Warzone and Warzone Assault 12-player Fireteam change is now live.

Expect longer wait times the larger your party is, up to indefinite waiting if you are in a to12 and there aren't many to12s or at least super skilled players around.

If it goes well, we'll keep it. If it doesn't, we'll take it down to prevent misleading folks into super long waits.

We're not going to loosen it up for faster matching though, because we don't want our less organized players getting ROFLstomped.
ryanadiaz wrote:
I'm finding matchmaking to find any game very slow the past two days. I've tried all the playlists and it takes at least 7 minutes at best, sometimes it takes much longer. I've waited 20 minutes once, only for a server error to occur and start over. Any one else experiencing bad matchmaking? Is this a known issue?
It is a known issue. The search time for tighter matches has been lengthened. It times out at 5 minutes.

I have been waiting a bit longer, but nowhere near 10 minutes. I am searching Focused, and haven't had to start over due to the server. I do stay in the lobby so that seems to help.
We had great matchmaking times last night with up to 9 in the fireteam. It was fun to not have to rotate guys in and out. I think it will be really good going forward. The skill level seemed pretty even. I’m very excited and I have messaged some less active friends to get back in the game. I think this could be great for our community!
Josh, here's the first game I've seen under these new MM parameters that made me scratch my head. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/warzone/matches/291a5aa8-8ec1-40a4-aad6-591c0094d4e9/players/jaypops20?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

I was watching my buddy play (he's probably got an OK MMR but nothing crazy), and he matched against a team of known uber-sweats (at least 8, maybe 12). He had nobody great on his team, looked like mostly randoms. How did this match happen?
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
Josh, here's the first game I've seen under these new MM parameters that made me scratch my head. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/warzone/matches/291a5aa8-8ec1-40a4-aad6-591c0094d4e9/players/jaypops20?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

I was watching my buddy play (he's probably got an OK MMR but nothing crazy), and he matched against a team of known uber-sweats (at least 8, maybe 12). He had nobody great on his team, looked like mostly randoms. How did this match happen?
If you look at both teams it was just a quick core. Nobody was really slaying. I think that was just a series of bad circumstances that may have had something to do with quitters. We have had a lot of games like that when the restrictions were in place. While those games a frustrating, it doesn’t look to me like the other team was interested in prolonging the game and trying too hard. They just had favorable circumstances.
Last night I searched BTB on expanded as a solo player. It timed out twice and finally found one on the third go. Honestly I'd rather play against full teams than not play at all. "If" I get stomped and "when" I get trash talked at least I'll have an excuse.
We fielded 7, then 8, then 9 players, and yes, like Redd Rockerr said, it was SOO nice not to have to rotate players in and out of teams or split into multiple teams in our lobby. (We typically have anywhere from 5 to 15 or 16 friends in our chat, talking laughing and playing halo in multiple fireteams many different playlists) I think we had ONE instance where we waited up to a minute and a half to match in a game, the rest of the time seemed business as usual. Most all of the games we played were great games.. as in, hard fought and close games, which are our favorite!
RzR J3ST3R wrote:

If you look at both teams it was just a quick core. Nobody was really slaying. I think that was just a series of bad circumstances that may have had something to do with quitters. We have had a lot of games like that when the restrictions were in place. While those games a frustrating, it doesn’t look to me like the other team was interested in prolonging the game and trying too hard. They just had favorable circumstances.
Yeah that wasn't my question. I'm asking from an MMR perspective why this match happened. I know for a fact that most of the opposing team should have MMRs in the 3+ range. the losing team didn't seem to match that at all. So I'm asking what happened?
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
RzR J3ST3R wrote:

Yeah that wasn't my question. I'm asking from an MMR perspective why this match happened. I know for a fact that most of the opposing team should have MMRs in the 3+ range. the losing team didn't seem to match that at all. So I'm asking what happened?
Sorry I misunderstood. I looked again at the game, and just my opinion would be that the players that quit out on him were very high ranked. It could be that it based the match off of their higher rank, and unfortunately when they quit out and it destroyed your friends chances of A competitive match.
It’s unfortunate that some people will quit out of a match just because it doesn’t go their way in the first 30 seconds.
I really have no knowledge or basis for my thought, it just looks to me like that’s what happened. Like I said the quitters were pretty high ranked. Their MMR probably balanced with your friends and should have had a competitive game.
Having issues. If I search solo in playlists (BTB/H3) I can search for 10+ minutes with 2 timeout errors for lack of players, yet if I jump into a fireteam itll find matches, albeit times are still exceedingly long. Done everything imaginable that is suggested to "fix" a connection. 9am central time Saturday morning.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
RzR J3ST3R wrote:

Sorry I misunderstood. I looked again at the game, and just my opinion would be that the players that quit out on him were very high ranked. It could be that it based the match off of their higher rank, and unfortunately when they quit out and it destroyed your friends chances of A competitive match.
It’s unfortunate that some people will quit out of a match just because it doesn’t go their way in the first 30 seconds.
I really have no knowledge or basis for my thought, it just looks to me like that’s what happened. Like I said the quitters were pretty high ranked. Their MMR probably balanced with your friends and should have had a competitive game.
It's possible that there were high MMR kids on the losing team, who may have quit out. But I'm not yet convinced of that... That's why I was curious for ZaedynFel to take a look at the numbers. I play a lot of sweaty WZ lobbies and I recognized all the names on the winning team as top-tier WZ players who usually roll together in a big fireteam. I barely recognized any of the names on the losing team, and they certainly weren't the same caliber players as the winners.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7