[Locked] Matchmaking Feedback Update – October 9

OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Don’t know what all has been tweaked in the matchmaking but thought I’d throw my thought in the hat.
I am a solo queue player. I like not having to worry about communicating and talking with people and playing sweaty. I don’t like intense and close games and the only chatter is call outs and orders.
I like casual and fun. So you can expect that I don’t have the best KDA or win ratio but recently I have found it insanely hard to win any games at all. Mainly Warzone.
of my 20 games last played I have won only 4. Not all Warzone but a fair bunch.
I am used to getting stomped, but this is pretty crazy at this point.
Not sure what’s going on behind the scenes but curious as to what is regarding this.
Hi Josh. I'm interested in knowing if the matchmaking system thought the MMRs were even for this match:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/e9040d2b-2b06-4db5-b28b-fe2945604ab5/players/wheels%20ontario?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

At face value, it doesn't look good. This was searching focused.
Can you please remove H1 SWAT and re-add more maps into the SWAT playlist?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Is avoiding full parties in Focused searching back down to 40 seconds or is it still 300 or 240 seconds? Just wondering cause it felt like I matched a full party somewhat quickly last night in a game from the beginning.
I want to second this. I had the same thing happen to me, but it wasn't a full team. It was a team of three. I stay in the lobby now and search focused. I'm relatively certain I was matched with them within a few seconds.
Can you please remove H1 SWAT and re-add more maps into the SWAT playlist?
Stopped playing SWAT because of that. Get's boring playing the same few maps over and over. They should remove H1 swat for Tactical Mag SWAT imo.
This isn't a playlist feedback thread guys.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I had the same thing happen to me, but it wasn't a full team. It was a team of three. I stay in the lobby now and search focused. I'm relatively certain I was matched with them within a few seconds.
As far as I know, it only applies to full parties. Although, sometimes I think parties will play in 3 or 7 on purpose so they can bypass parties and match solo players right away, but that's just a feeling I have. Could be wrong as well. The MM restrictions seem to change a lot lately.
Hi Josh. I'm interested in knowing if the matchmaking system thought the MMRs were even for this match:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/e9040d2b-2b06-4db5-b28b-fe2945604ab5/players/wheels%20ontario?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

Well, the enemy team had two smurfs, which are considered as mid-Gold when starting out, and 2 mid-Plat, which averages to high-Gold/low-Plat.

On your team, you had a high-Silver (yourself) and a mid-Gold, plus two more players that have since ranked in as low-Gold. This averages to a low-Gold.

This is a low-Gold vs low-Plat game, which is within the allowable MMR gap.
This isn't a playlist feedback thread guys.
Is there one?

Yes, the difference in MMR was very small, so it looked near even.

But there are several new accounts in there, and two non-full parties.

The #1 player also had the lowest MMR, so likely smurfing.
ZaedynFel wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. From what I could piece together looking over the game history, the #1 player was running in a 3 person party with the 2 platinums and had punted the first 6 placement matches solo. The end result was a Bronze 6 placement for a player that is not bronze/silver skill level. I figured at the point I ran into the player, the MMR hadn't corrected itself because the quantity of punted games outweighed the number of games indicative of the player's actual skill. At this point (24 matches at the time of me writing this), has the system recognized the true skill of that player and the MMR corrected itself?
Josh, can you please explain how the matchmaker thought this game was supposed to be remotely even in skill? This party of four had two champion level players and one high onyx against three people who's highest rank was mid level platinum, low platinum (quitter), newish unranked barely positive KD account and a new gold one account. I thought you made it so Social MMR matching was closer? It was great joining this game when they already had all the power weapons and were stomping my team into oblivion..

Game link

Edit: I know CSR and MMR aren't always the same, but you can tell by looking at their overall account that these skill levels shouldn't be matching each other.
I was just curious how the MM system works when matching a game that over half the team quits. Does it simply take random's to fill the gap no matter what their MMR or does it try to still balance out the game. Depending at what point in the game they all quit you don't much have a chance of even getting anywhere near close to even game. The time it takes to JIP new players in the game, especially when you have guys dashboard when they see they're getting put in a JIP game. Ashamed to admit it, but I did it the other day for the first time after gettting 4 JIP back to back. Very much not fun.
Example: Teammates quitting
I imagine my MMR is probably -0.00000001...lol, so I certainly can't carry a team or sometimes even myself, but it sure gets frustrating getting JIP the majority of the time only to see the game end in a loss every time. Plus losing the XP for not playing a full game....lol.

Off subject: Just curious if H6 will have a req system like H5? You probably can't answer, thought I would give a try anyway...
(Was going to make an app/database to keep track of demographics for company commendations.)
ZaedynFel wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. From what I could piece together looking over the game history, the #1 player was running in a 3 person party with the 2 platinums and had punted the first 6 placement matches solo. The end result was a Bronze 6 placement for a player that is not bronze/silver skill level. I figured at the point I ran into the player, the MMR hadn't corrected itself because the quantity of punted games outweighed the number of games indicative of the player's actual skill. At this point (24 matches at the time of me writing this), has the system recognized the true skill of that player and the MMR corrected itself?
His MMR is much higher now than it was before, but whether it matches his actual skill depends on whether he's been playing consistently, or still throwing the occasional game on purpose.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Josh, can you please explain how the matchmaker thought this game was supposed to be remotely even in skill? This party of four had two champion level players and one high onyx against three people who's highest rank was mid level platinum, low platinum (quitter), newish unranked barely positive KD account and a new gold one account. I thought you made it so Social MMR matching was closer? It was great joining this game when they already had all the power weapons and were stomping my team into oblivion..

Game linkEdit: I know CSR and MMR aren't always the same, but you can tell by looking at their overall account that these skill levels shouldn't be matching each other.
MMR is completely different in a different playlist. The MMR of the full party was nowhere near Champ. It was good, but not amazing.

Social still has very loose matchmaking, and this match was within that tolerance.

On the other hand, the skill system knew this was going to be a blowout, but still allows it because otherwise matchmaking would take forever, which we try and avoid more in social --- though it still happens for some.

When the feature that lets us balance across teams gets fixed, this won't happen.
BadDogg55 wrote:
I was just curious how the MM system works when matching a game that over half the team quits. Does it simply take random's to fill the gap no matter what their MMR or does it try to still balance out the game. Depending at what point in the game they all quit you don't much have a chance of even getting anywhere near close to even game. The time it takes to JIP new players in the game, especially when you have guys dashboard when they see they're getting put in a JIP game. Ashamed to admit it, but I did it the other day for the first time after gettting 4 JIP back to back. Very much not fun.
Example: Teammates quittingI imagine my MMR is probably -0.00000001...lol, so I certainly can't carry a team or sometimes even myself, but it sure gets frustrating getting JIP the majority of the time only to see the game end in a loss every time. Plus losing the XP for not playing a full game....lol.

Off subject: Just curious if H6 will have a req system like H5? You probably can't answer, thought I would give a try anyway...
(Was going to make an app/database to keep track of demographics for company commendations.)
It fills the gap with players close to the skill of everyone else in the match.

In the near future it will fill the gap with players that most balance the teams as well, but currently can't do that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4