1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
hi ZaedynFel, can you explain this to me ?! I was with my clan, the game didn't start it all went down! we were derank ... cryonicsnail197 has lost the champ, ilgigantebestia almost lost all the D6 ... I was qualifying it doesn't seem right, black screen didn't even start ... possible that the servers have these problems need maintenance lately, everything happens. thank you

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d7d3c5bb-8dd7-4af9-a24c-a44e45a81687/players/cannemuozze?gameHistoryMatchIndex=8&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
KotorBay85 wrote:
Why can't we change the maps/add new ones for slayer?
Everything else seems to be getting some love and attention.
Because the population is high enough and steady enough. The various rotational playlists have fun, different maps and most of those are slayer-oriented.
Does any of this apply to warzone as the matchmaking is terrible. Along with the usual problems you get players writing their names in the walls
KayMrt wrote:
KotorBay85 wrote:
Why can't we change the maps/add new ones for slayer?
Everything else seems to be getting some love and attention.
Because the population is high enough and steady enough. The various rotational playlists have fun, different maps and most of those are slayer-oriented.
Also, because Slayer was the most recent update before the Doubles refresh. Or close to it, anyway. Point is, a Slayer refresh just happened, so it's not likely it will get any more attention for a while.
@ZaedynFel

How long will Rock N Rail be up and running?
@ZaedynFel

How long will Rock N Rail be up and running?
Rotationals stay up for 2 weeks unless they don't.
Rock n rails, is that a new type of game mode? I don't think that I have tried it yet.
I just tried it out today, I wasn't a huge fan of it, but it wasn't bad.
Rock n rails, is that a new type of game mode? I don't think that I have tried it yet.
It's been around for a long time as a rotational.
eLantern wrote:
It's been around for a long time as a rotational.
I didn't even get the chance to try it out until last night. It wasn't the worst game mode. I miss Break out as it's own game mode.
Good changes👀
Hello Zaedynfel, have you ever or has anyone looked into why players quit games? Apart from avioding a loss. I mean in detail, like actually asking a player or doing some sort of serve. It could provide some useful feedback!
Keep it up you guys at 343 are absolute Legends and I thank you so much for the work you are putting into halo. :)
ZED1000A wrote:
Hello Zaedynfel, have you ever or has anyone looked into why players quit games? Apart from avioding a loss. I mean in detail, like actually asking a player or doing some sort of serve. It could provide some useful feedback!
I've actually just started quitting games. In WZ or BTB, a proficient solo queuer will nearly always play against teams >5 and it is actually pointless. You would think those teams would finally get tired of winning all of the time by huge margins.

I started a game in a fireteam with a mix of EXO guys (a full team of 8) because I got a random invite. We start the game and I don't recognize a single person on the enemy team. They get absolutely demolished and I believe 5 or 6 of them quit with 40-50 kills still to go. I ended up quitting on the winning side because it was boring and I felt terrible for the enemy team.

I even played one match of WZ alongside a 12 man squad with at least half of the members at 152. Some poor team was sacrificed to us and suffered a crushing 1000-77 defeat. That match should have never happened.

I am constantly on the receiving end of these unbalanced matches (an Onyx level solo queuer is TS2's wet dream for BTB/WZ) and I've decided I will just leave every game when this occurs.
Curious if the matchmaker on MCC and H5 groups players by ping.

Last few games I've noticed that there are several Aussies (recognise the gamertags) in the game yet we will be playing on a US West server. This seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Any chance of an update to the way the matchmaker handles regional players? If they're being grouped anyway (even if just because of ping limits) wouldn't it make sense to put them on a local server at the same time?
ZED1000A wrote:
I am constantly on the receiving end of these unbalanced matches (an Onyx level solo queuer is TS2's wet dream for BTB/WZ) and I've decided I will just leave every game when this occurs.
This is a great way to get a ban for quitting.
Thorulfr wrote:
Curious if the matchmaker on MCC and H5 groups players by ping.

Last few games I've noticed that there are several Aussies (recognise the gamertags) in the game yet we will be playing on a US West server. This seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Any chance of an update to the way the matchmaker handles regional players? If they're being grouped anyway (even if just because of ping limits) wouldn't it make sense to put them on a local server at the same time?
In Halo 5, you can set matchmaking parameters yo either Focused, Balanced, or Expanded. An Aussie searching on Expanded could find a game on a US server, if if other players in that match are searching on focused. The search settings only affect what your ping will be, not what anyone else’s ping will be. People tend to search on Expanded when they can’t find games searching on Focused or Balanced.

Region locking has traditionally caused issues for non-US players in low populated regions like certain parts of Europe and Oceania, which is why 343 doesn’t use region lock.
KayMrt wrote:
ZED1000A wrote:
At this point I can tell what the game will be like by the emblems in the pregame lobby so dashboarding will circumvent the issue and some other poor soul can be offered up to the premade team. Maybe once all of the solo queuers get banned teams will finally get matched against each other.

EDIT: Game I am not only saying this out of defeat...here is the the unbalanced game where I am on a team of 8 vs. randoms and this causes five members of the enemy team to leave. The game ended 100-13
Hey Josh, may I have both my Slayer and Arena MMRs? Thanks!
KayMrt wrote:
ZED1000A wrote:
At this point I can tell what the game will be like by the emblems in the pregame lobby so dashboarding will circumvent the issue and some other poor soul can be offered up to the premade team. Maybe once all of the solo queuers get banned teams will finally get matched against each other.

EDIT: Game I am not only saying this out of defeat...here is the the unbalanced game where I am on a team of 8 vs. randoms and this causes five members of the enemy team to leave. The game ended 100-13
I entirely feel your pain and you are right you can sort of predict based on the emblems (and you certainly can when you are playing people who you've played before).

I'm sorry man. I don't think anyone enjoys a 100 - 13 whipping.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12