2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 20
I’ve been having some serious issues the last few days with extremely lopsided teams in matchmaking. I’m not great but I play a lot so I’m decent, but recently I’ve been getting into game after game in social where people are backing out before the game is halfway over because of the deficit. It’s honestly ridiculous to the point where I don’t even want to play the game anymore bc it’s all playlists. Can I get any feedback regarding my CSR or MMR that maybe causing this? I’ve lost, went negative, or backed out due to teammates quitting in almost every game I feel like the past week.
They're gonna chalk it up to people being -Yoink- and aren't gonna do anything about it bud. I feel you. I rarely do arena except to get my daily arena win pack.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Letting Matches Start Even if They Aren’t FullThere’s an ongoing issue that randomly drops players after a full match is found. This can result in players waiting awhile for that missing slot to get refilled. We are still searching for the main cause of this drop, but to alleviate the issue in the meantime, we’ve allowed matches to start without being full in several playlists. Currently, any playlist with 10 or more players in Social can start down 1-2 players. This has been resulting in overall faster matchmaking so far.
Can we have some upates about this bug/crush. every time i start a matchmaking search as soon as the matchmaker found 8 player and the map, 1 guy crash since two months.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Letting Matches Start Even if They Aren’t FullThere’s an ongoing issue that randomly drops players after a full match is found. This can result in players waiting awhile for that missing slot to get refilled. We are still searching for the main cause of this drop, but to alleviate the issue in the meantime, we’ve allowed matches to start without being full in several playlists. Currently, any playlist with 10 or more players in Social can start down 1-2 players. This has been resulting in overall faster matchmaking so far.
Can we have some upates about this bug/crush. every time i start a matchmaking search as soon as the matchmaker found 8 player and the map, 1 guy crash since two months.
There isn't likely to be another update on that issue. The folks we would need to resolve it are up to their ears in Infinite right now, so we're not likely to see that change.
I wish this were enough but it is not. I work overnight, so my active play schedule is well, overnight. Idk if its the hidden MMR or what but I can't connect to any games that aren't quickplay or Infection, neither of which I find very fun when I want to chill and play Bigteam or Warzone. Its really ruining my experience with the game when all I want to do is grind 152 or Achilles for my company.
Post is in its own Forum.
If this is in the wrong forum please direct me to the right one. Just was wondering those who participated and matched the grassroots team this past Friday, how long does it take to get the grassroots BR skin. I know the unicorn skin for AR usually goes on your account the very next day but it’s been almost a week and still nothing has went to our accounts. Thanks in advance.
Just a note, but there's no need to post in multiple places about things like this - especially if you have already started your own topic for something
Thanks tried to go back and delete the post from here but didn’t know how to. Figured it would get taken down from this forum. Appreciate the response.
Matchmaking has been great. I really wish y’all could add a number of players online box per each game type so will know how populated it is. I know sometimes the only way to get into a game is to check all games and game types in social games. Sometimes if you just search for a certain game type on a single game it doesn’t find anything, but that’s probably because it’s such a narrow search so it’s understandable. But Matchmaking has been great. Can’t wait for Ranking and Reach style armor customization.
The search times are faster too i love this i still stick to quick play cause idk the BTB maps and dont wanna hold anyone down
Theachu wrote:
The search times are faster too i love this i still stick to quick play cause idk the BTB maps and dont wanna hold anyone down
Three things:

1. Load up the BTB maps out in your own custom lobby in order to get the basic layouts.

2. You ensure you’ll never get to know them by not even making the effort.

3. You can’t always concern yourself with how others will react. Sometimes you just got to do what you want in order to grow your experiences and develop your skill/knowledge.
Why does it feel like every couple of hours the matchmaking decides to put you in matches that you have no business being in? I just got done with one Whole team on the other side was diamond 2 to diamond 5. I have two unranks with 1 game (they were the best on the team) and then me at plat 6 and another guy at plat 5. Why is that even a match? I had one yesterday day where I was a plat 6 and I was in a lobby with 3 champs. Of course when I lose These games I lose 50-60% of a full rank even though. I have no business in this game as a high plat player.
I typically believe it is a system of smurfs and it tends to lead to unfair games and uncanny CSR rank match placements .
eLantern wrote:
Theachu wrote:
Three things:

1. Load up the BTB maps out in your own custom lobby in order to get the basic layouts.

2. You ensure you’ll never get to know them by not even making the effort.

3. You can’t always concern yourself with how others will react. Sometimes you just got to do what you want in order to grow your experiences and develop your skill/knowledge.
That also may make a lot more sense because if it is a faster search time, perhaps it isn't focusing on placing you with the same ranks, it is just focusing on finding a match that is already available.
Naveran wrote:
I’ve been having some serious issues the last few days with extremely lopsided teams in matchmaking. I’m not great but I play a lot so I’m decent, but recently I’ve been getting into game after game in social where people are backing out before the game is halfway over because of the deficit. It’s honestly ridiculous to the point where I don’t even want to play the game anymore bc it’s all playlists. Can I get any feedback regarding my CSR or MMR that maybe causing this? I’ve lost, went negative, or backed out due to teammates quitting in almost every game I feel like the past week.
They're gonna chalk it up to people being -Yoink- and aren't gonna do anything about it bud. I feel you. I rarely do arena except to get my daily arena win pack.
I have to agree with you. People just don't want the mixed players, but it devotes one to more of a challenge.
ZaedynFel wrote:
This has been happening so much to me recently and I was not sure if it was a connection issue or if people just weren't interested in playing Halo 5 as much. I am glad that I am not the only one with this issue.
Tex2rock2 wrote:
Matchmaking has been great. I really wish y’all could add a number of players online box per each game type so will know how populated it is. I know sometimes the only way to get into a game is to check all games and game types in social games. Sometimes if you just search for a certain game type on a single game it doesn’t find anything, but that’s probably because it’s such a narrow search so it’s understandable. But Matchmaking has been great. Can’t wait for Ranking and Reach style armor customization.
Oh, sort of like how they had it on Reach? Thay would actually be really helpful and rather cool. I can't wait to see how they did with the MCC: Reach
ZaedynFel
I've been hearing lately that H5 doesn't have dedicated servers anymore. Is this true?
Also, when loading up a custom match, how is the server picked? Ie. Is it based on the fireteam leader's location (host) or some other aspect? Thanks
xxSpams L2 wrote:
ZaedynFelI've been hearing lately that H5 doesn't have dedicated servers anymore. Is this true?
Also, when loading up a custom match, how is the server picked? Ie. Is it based on the fireteam leader's location (host) or some other aspect? Thanks
I'm not sure where you read / heard this, but it's absolutely not true lol. Halo 5 is still absolutely run on dedicated servers, they were never removed
stckrboy wrote:
xxSpams L2 wrote:
ZaedynFelI've been hearing lately that H5 doesn't have dedicated servers anymore. Is this true?
I'm not sure where you read / heard this, but it's absolutely not true lol. Halo 5 is still absolutely run on dedicated servers, they were never removed
Correct. All dedis.

For custom games, it chooses the server with least worst ping to your FireTeam.
Is BTB going to stay for the entire summer ranked season? I saw in the update that the H3 Throwback playlist was going to be put in ranked for a month so I was curious if it was going to replace BTB or not.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 20