Tonight I have been playing Team Arena. In that playlist my rank has been staying fairly steady at Platinum 2 this season, and I usually don't have any issues finding players of similar skill. My last 3 or 4 games I kept getting matched with Diamond and Onyx players. What gives?
First question would be if you're searching on Expanded or not. If so, there you go. If not, it probably means the population is low, at that time.
First question would be if you're searching on Expanded or not. If so, there you go. If not, it probably means the population is low, at that time.
I think the population is low. If I play whitout expanded I don't find nobody.
Yeah, I have this too. That's why I can't complain about being matched with tiers higher than my own. If I find it to be repeating, I look in another playlist.
Yeah, I have this too. That's why I can't complain about being matched with tiers higher than my own. If I find it to be repeating, I look in another playlist.
I don't even think expanded widen's skill levels, I think it widens the range of players you match across the world, since when I play on balanced I tend to have a much more stable connection despite the longer search time, while expanded seems to lead into not a broken experience per say, but it's not as smooth as balanced for sure.
Could be low population, the system thinks your skill is higher than your current CSR, or you're just a lower ranking player to balance out the team's overall MMR in relation to the other team.
Broey Broe wrote:
I don't even think expanded widen's skill levels, I think it widens the range of players you match across the world, since when I play on balanced I tend to have a much more stable connection despite the longer search time, while expanded seems to lead into not a broken experience per say, but it's not as smooth as balanced for sure.
Ah, I see. This isn't what I've noticed, although it could just be a coincidence that whenever I search Expanded, I seem to get matched with higher tier players. It's possibly more likely that my stats are fluctuating between the matches, so I get matched with the different tiers. But even regardless of tiers, I seem to be matched with more worse players. Last match, I went 24/10 in Team Arena, but no one else on my team went positive, despite being the same tier.
I've had extreme problems trying to get Arena games over the past month or so. On Wednesday this week I managed five or six in a row mid-afternoon UTC but other than that I'm just constantly striking out. It's sad. :(
Ah, can fix by switching from Balanced to Expanded. Guess the population's really decreasing huh?
When I go search for a game in focused I get players that are not at my level. When I search balanced it gives me players that are lower ranks. When I search expanded I get players that are my skill level, why does it do the opposite?