OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 36
  4. 37
  5. 38
  6. ...
  7. 39
Yeah, I'm about ready to cancel my subscription of Live and say goodbye to Halo and other games forever.

This multiplayer nonsense, when people quit, then you are left to just get obliterated for 10 more minutes is called "Gameplay" and part of the "Experience".

BS...If you quit, then you end up getting strikes against you, you just want to play a good game with no quitters, but lag, other quitters etc...I get it, people quit.

But, then the next game, again, another quitter, 9 more minutes, so now I've got nearly 20 minutes of my life I'm never getting back, so I idle for a minute or two instead of quitting since it likely ban me...and it gives me a wake up john and bans me for 30 minutes?!?!

WTF....utter nonsense and stupidity.

Let's not even talk about this absurd "ranking" system this thread is supposed to be about partly. You lose 2 games as a P6, then all the sudden you are almost to a P4 now??!

You stomp a bunch of Diamonds...and barely move up any. Then hit diamond level, 1 or 2, same nonsense, they made the change now you are back in the trenches with quitters etc...

This game for multiplayer isn't meant for solo players to get anywhere in the ranking system.

All you get is time wasted and going in circles.

Rant over....
<ul class="single-liner"><li data-is-command="false" data-action="https://google.com/search?q=%s">Search[/li]<li data-is-command="true" data-action="copy">Copy[/li][/list]
Yeah, I'm about ready to cancel my subscription of Live and say goodbye to Halo and other games forever.

This multiplayer nonsense, when people quit, then you are left to just get obliterated for 10 more minutes is called "Gameplay" and part of the "Experience".

BS...If you quit, then you end up getting strikes against you, you just want to play a good game with no quitters, but lag, other quitters etc...I get it, people quit.

But, then the next game, again, another quitter, 9 more minutes, so now I've got nearly 20 minutes of my life I'm never getting back, so I idle for a minute or two instead of quitting since it likely ban me...and it gives me a wake up john and bans me for 30 minutes?!?!

Let's not even talk about this absurd "ranking" system this thread is supposed to be about partly. You lose 2 games as a P6, then all the sudden you are almost to a P4 now??!

You stomp a bunch of Diamonds...and barely move up any. Then hit diamond level, 1 or 2, same nonsense, they made the change now you are back in the trenches with quitters etc...

This game for multiplayer isn't meant for solo players to get anywhere in the ranking system.

Rant over....
<ul class="single-liner"><li data-is-command="false" data-action="https://google.com/search?q=%s">Search[/li]<li data-is-command="true" data-action="copy">Copy[/li][/list]
You don’t get a quit penalty or bans for quitting ranked matches if someone on your team already quit.

The point of the ranking system isn’t to get somewhere..it’s to give you an accurate rank based on skill.
IGRS wrote:

Rant over....
You don’t get a quit penalty or bans for quitting ranked matches if someone on your team already quit.

The point of the ranking system isn’t to get somewhere..it’s to give you an accurate rank based on skill.
I thought you don’t get a quit penalty if half your team already quit? Not 1

Rant over....
Yeah I definitely get you. That’s why I spent a lot of time finding players to team up with. I finally found a couple good groups. One for just playing and having fun and another who sweat and try to rank up together.

Otherwise until, possibly Halo Infinite is out, you will pretty much only end up frustrated as a solo player. I seriously considered dropping Halo all together for that very reason.
Recourser wrote:
IGRS wrote:

Rant over....

It’s just 1..I think they changed it when they got rid of adjusting MMR based on mismatched team numbers.
I hope they solved that problem, because the pairing is very unbalanced
IGRS wrote:
Recourser wrote:
IGRS wrote:

Rant over....
<ul class="single-liner"><li data-is-command="false" data-action="https://google.com/search?q=%s">Search<li data-is-command="true" data-action="copy">Copy

It’s just 1..I think they changed it when they got rid of adjusting MMR based on mismatched team numbers.
Yup, it's just 1.

Josh made the adjustment back in early May of 2017. The issue of quitters affecting matches and causing players to waste time in wildly unbalanced matches or risk receiving credit towards a ban if they opted to quit after the match balance was ruined had been brought up and discussed multiple times in previous Feedback threads prior to May (2017). One of the favorite solutions discussed by people was to incorporate a "Forfeit" feature; however, that solution would've required a redesign of the UI which wasn't going to happen, so a side thought provided by 343i to achieve a similar result was to incorporate a "soft forfeit" feature instead. In other words, players could vote to forfeit by simply leaving. So with that change in place for the Ranked environment it takes just 1 player leaving to allow anyone else afterwards to leave the match without incurring credit towards a ban.

Besides receiving credit towards earning a ban the 1st quitter would also take the biggest possible CSR penalty (-30 points) too. And I believe that's regardless of whether they're in the Onyx CSR division or not; plus, as one of the final updates provided by 343i an adjustment was made to this system such that whoever may be in a party group with the 1st quitter would also receive the biggest possible CSR hit if they opted to quit themselves afterwards. This was meant to curb people from thinking they could work the system a bit when (as a group) they found themselves in matches they didn't particularly find ideal.

As mentioned, after the 1st player leaves all other players are free to quit without earning credit toward a ban and for all players not within a party group with the 1st quitter they receive the so-called "normal" CSR hit for the loss. This "normal" amount is -15 CSR points outside of the Onyx division and I believe -5 CSR points within (Onyx) since the max adjustment is capped at +/- 10 within the Onyx division (again, when you're not the first player to quit). Even if you're a party group member of the 1st quitter and you elect to leave afterwards I think the max hit you can take (when in Onyx) is only -10 CSR points, but I'm not 100% sure about that as it could possibly be -30 CSR points instead.
P.S. I wish Josh was still around to clarify that.
Something that has not changed since the XBL matchmaking inception in Halo 2 (and probably never will as we have made it through how many Halo games now?), is the absolute complete frustration you will have if you ever try entering a ranked team playlist solo instead of with a fully formed team (with mics). You will inevitably end up with at least one person on your team who is completely AFK, quits out, team kills, suicides, or simply seems to have the skill level of either handing the control over to their toddler sibling or entering their first matchmaking game ever. Stick with social playlists if you are going in solo so you don't give yourself an aneurysm. Friend anyone that appears to have a mic and increase your fireteam as you go along. Then move over to something ranked if you are wanting to get ranked in something. People come and go on your friends list in terms of playing the game, so you have to keep up with finding new people to play with or you will be forever alone and frustrated. I find I have a lot of fun even when losing when I can communicate back and forth with someone while we are playing. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way.
eLantern wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Recourser wrote:
IGRS wrote:

Rant over....
<ul class="single-liner"><li data-is-command="false" data-action="https://google.com/search?q=%s">Search<li data-is-command="true" data-action="copy">Copy

Yup, it's just 1.

Josh made the adjustment back in early May of 2017. The issue of quitters affecting matches and causing players to waste time in wildly unbalanced matches or risk receiving credit towards a ban if they opted to quit after the match balance was ruined had been brought up and discussed multiple times in previous Feedback threads prior to May (2017). One of the favorite solutions discussed by people was to incorporate a "Forfeit" feature; however, that solution would've required a redesign of the UI which wasn't going to happen, so a side thought provided by 343i to achieve a similar result was to incorporate a "soft forfeit" feature instead. In other words, players could vote to forfeit by simply leaving. So with that change in place for the Ranked environment it takes just 1 player leaving to allow anyone else afterwards to leave the match without incurring credit towards a ban.

Besides receiving credit towards earning a ban the 1st quitter would also take the biggest possible CSR penalty (-30 points) too. And I believe that's regardless of whether they're in the Onyx CSR division or not; plus, as one of the final updates provided by 343i an adjustment was made to this system such that whoever may be in a party group with the 1st quitter would also receive the biggest possible CSR hit if they opted to quit themselves afterwards. This was meant to curb people from thinking they could work the system a bit when (as a group) they found themselves in matches they didn't particularly find ideal.

As mentioned, after the 1st player leaves all other players are free to quit without earning credit toward a ban and for all players not within a party group with the 1st quitter they receive the so-called "normal" CSR hit for the loss. This "normal" amount is -15 CSR points outside of the Onyx division and I believe -5 CSR points within (Onyx) since the max adjustment is capped at +/- 10 within the Onyx division (again, when you're not the first player to quit). Even if you're a party group member of the 1st quitter and you elect to leave afterwards I think the max hit you can take is only -10 CSR points, but I'm not 100% sure about that as it could possibly be -30 CSR points instead.
eLantern I truly appreciate your insights. You very informed and knowledgeable.

On this note, any idea why if 3 of 4 players quit leaving just yourself and you pretty much inevitably lose you would drop CSR? Doesn’t make much sense.

Additionally I have found that when one person quits there are times this is actually advantageous. Because there are less people for the opposite team to kill. I have won several 3v4’s so I always stick those out.
nice. a year late, but nice
Recourser wrote:
eLantern wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Recourser wrote:
IGRS wrote:

Rant over....

Yup, it's just 1.

As mentioned, after the 1st player leaves all other players are free to quit without earning credit toward a ban and for all players not within a party group with the 1st quitter they receive the so-called "normal" CSR hit for the loss. This "normal" amount is -15 CSR points outside of the Onyx division and I believe -5 CSR points within (Onyx) since the max adjustment is capped at +/- 10 within the Onyx division (again, when you're not the first player to quit). Even if you're a party group member of the 1st quitter and you elect to leave afterwards I think the max hit you can take is only -10 CSR points, but I'm not 100% sure about that as it could possibly be -30 CSR points instead.
eLantern I truly appreciate your insights. You very informed and knowledgeable.

On this note, any idea why if 3 of 4 players quit leaving just yourself and you pretty much inevitably lose you would drop CSR? Doesn’t make much sense.

Additionally I have found that when one person quits there are times this is actually advantageous. Because there are less people for the opposite team to kill. I have won several 3v4’s so I always stick those out.
Well it's in part because of the rules that govern CSR adjustments. One of the rules is that you can't ever lose CSR for a win and you can't gain CSR for a loss, so even if you find yourself in a situation where it's 1v4 and you lose you're going to take a CSR hit no matter what because of the adjustment rule. However, your Match-Make Rank (TrueSkill MMR) won't be impacted nearly as much in a situation such as that because it recognizes the disparity and will compensates for it. So if you're seeing a sizeable CSR loss in a situation such as that it likely means that your CSR was already inflated over your MMR and it's simply correcting itself back to your MMR which shouldn't have moved much given the imbalance of that particular match. Also, worth noting that post-match CSR adjustments don't incorporate a player's MMR adjustment from the currently completed match. There's a 1-match lag built into the system (not on purpose), but because the system is forced to compare pre-match MMRs to post-match W/L outcome results. This means that people's CSR adjustments are weighing post-match W/L outcomes against individual pre-match MMR values and not post-match MMR values.

Yes, there are times when losing a player who's being carried (skill-wise) by the team can be advantageous. Some adjustments to how the system weighed situations such as that were made, but I don't have a link to provide you regarding the details of those adjustment changes and I can't recall them off the top of my head.
Why am I getting banned for no reason, I haven't been quitting games or joining games afk. Randomly I'll get a 5 minutes ban and then just barely I got a 15 minute ban for no reason at all. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
eLantern wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Recourser wrote:
IGRS wrote:

Rant over....

Yup, it's just 1.

As mentioned, after the 1st player leaves all other players are free to quit without earning credit toward a ban and for all players not within a party group with the 1st quitter they receive the so-called "normal" CSR hit for the loss. This "normal" amount is -15 CSR points outside of the Onyx division and I believe -5 CSR points within (Onyx) since the max adjustment is capped at +/- 10 within the Onyx division (again, when you're not the first player to quit). Even if you're a party group member of the 1st quitter and you elect to leave afterwards I think the max hit you can take (when in Onyx) is only -10 CSR points, but I'm not 100% sure about that as it could possibly be -30 CSR points instead.
Wow I never knew this. I stayed in so many matches when I didn't have to.....
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Alguien a tenido problemas con el juego en línea?
Thanks for the news
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
esas son buenas noticias siempre
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Can we please get Mythic Arena back in rotation.

And can you please update the Spartan Commendation: Tick Tick Boom to allow for BTB Assault wins to count as progress?

Thanks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 36
  4. 37
  5. 38
  6. ...
  7. 39