Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Matchmaking Update 3/17/2020

OP ZaedynFel

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 39
I thought boosting was no longer a thing
Quote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/9d45e440-4e4e-4bac-a06f-bbb96327260b/players/i%20800%20get%20fived?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
Quote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/254b5b23-841b-4f6b-a323-23e4526cbe0d/players/i%20800%20get%20fived?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
I see Onyx/Diamonds vs Onyx/Diamonds.

Can you clarify what the issue here is?
My Onyx teammate underperforming not once, but twice and not getting punished because he's in a to2 with a lower ranked player
I'm not really seeing "boosting" here. People have bad games/days. It happens.
I've had bad games and games, so of course I know the feeling, but even CSR doesn't forgive or care. It's a machine/system, but even then, how would it know?
The system looks at your entire play history, so it can calculate a mean value for your skill across time. Negative outliers from this mean would be what the system sees as having a very bad match. Let's say you have once bad match, and just do really poorly. Your MMR might take a big hit behind the scenes, but luckily CSR can't shift as much as MMR, so one bad game won't send you from Diamond to Silver. Assuming you play normally the next match, your MMR will update back to around your normal skill value, meaning any CSR lost from the bad match should be made back quickly. Even a few bad matches in a row wouldn't lead to a permanent dip in rank. It would only be permanent if you kept having "bad" matches, because after a certain point it would be indicative of a loss of skill rather than bad luck.
Chimera30 wrote:
I thought boosting was no longer a thing
Quote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/9d45e440-4e4e-4bac-a06f-bbb96327260b/players/i%20800%20get%20fived?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
Quote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/254b5b23-841b-4f6b-a323-23e4526cbe0d/players/i%20800%20get%20fived?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
I see Onyx/Diamonds vs Onyx/Diamonds.

Can you clarify what the issue here is?
My Onyx teammate underperforming not once, but twice and not getting punished because he's in a to2 with a lower ranked player
I'm not really seeing "boosting" here. People have bad games/days. It happens.
I've had bad games and games, so of course I know the feeling, but even CSR doesn't forgive or care. It's a machine/system, but even then, how would it know?
The system looks at your entire play history, so it can calculate a mean value for your skill across time. Negative outliers from this mean would be what the system sees as having a very bad match. Let's say you have once bad match, and just do really poorly. Your MMR might take a big hit behind the scenes, but luckily CSR can't shift as much as MMR, so one bad game won't send you from Diamond to Silver. Assuming you play normally the next match, your MMR will update back to around your normal skill value, meaning any CSR lost from the bad match should be made back quickly. Even a few bad matches in a row wouldn't lead to a permanent dip in rank. It would only be permanent if you kept having "bad" matches, because after a certain point it would be indicative of a loss of skill rather than bad luck.
Personally, I think that judging a players skill based on KPM and DPM is not an accurate measure. A lot of flaws into that system resembles the flaws reach had in his first season. If a player hogs power weapons/power ups, does that determine whether he's good or not? Why isn't assist not taken into consideration when it comes to measurement of MMR?

Bungie, realized that error and made their system strictly wins and losses. This is a TEAM game. A player that averages 6 kills, but 10+ assist a game deserves just as much credit as the player that gets 17 kills and 5 assists with 5-6 deaths. It's an insult to players that are more supportive.
Kashyy wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
I thought boosting was no longer a thing
Quote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/9d45e440-4e4e-4bac-a06f-bbb96327260b/players/i%20800%20get%20fived?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
Quote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/254b5b23-841b-4f6b-a323-23e4526cbe0d/players/i%20800%20get%20fived?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
I see Onyx/Diamonds vs Onyx/Diamonds.

Can you clarify what the issue here is?
My Onyx teammate underperforming not once, but twice and not getting punished because he's in a to2 with a lower ranked player
I'm not really seeing "boosting" here. People have bad games/days. It happens.
I've had bad games and games, so of course I know the feeling, but even CSR doesn't forgive or care. It's a machine/system, but even then, how would it know?
The system looks at your entire play history, so it can calculate a mean value for your skill across time. Negative outliers from this mean would be what the system sees as having a very bad match. Let's say you have once bad match, and just do really poorly. Your MMR might take a big hit behind the scenes, but luckily CSR can't shift as much as MMR, so one bad game won't send you from Diamond to Silver. Assuming you play normally the next match, your MMR will update back to around your normal skill value, meaning any CSR lost from the bad match should be made back quickly. Even a few bad matches in a row wouldn't lead to a permanent dip in rank. It would only be permanent if you kept having "bad" matches, because after a certain point it would be indicative of a loss of skill rather than bad luck.
Personally, I think that judging a players skill based on KPM and DPM is not an accurate measure. A lot of flaws into that system resembles the flaws reach had in his first season. If a player hogs power weapons/power ups, does that determine whether he's good or not? Why isn't assist not taken into consideration when it comes to measurement of MMR?

Bungie, realized that error and made their system strictly wins and losses. This is a TEAM game. A player that averages 6 kills, but 10+ assist a game deserves just as much credit as the player that gets 17 kills and 5 assists with 5-6 deaths. It's an insult to players that are more supportive.
By what measure are you calling it less accurate?

We ran both a win/loss only based system on the exact same data full of millions and millions of players and matches and it was MUCH less accurate at predicting who would win each match than the system that incorporates KPM and DPM along WITH wins and losses. The win/loss system was barely predicting over 50% whereas the new system pushes over 70% on matches where we are already trying to make 50/50.

So no, I disagree with that. The new system is much more accurate at telling us who will win TEAM games, so therefore it is much more accurate at determining which players are good at winning, and therefore the ratings it puts on them are much more accurate representations of their skill.

The data also disagrees with your statement about assists. We've analyzed them heavily and players who get a lot of assists do not win more than those that don't. If you aren't helping your team win, then we're not going to add it to the model. Player who have higher KPM win significantly more than those who don't. The system is not designed to avoid insulting supportive players, but instead to educate them that if they want their teams to win more, they need to do a lot more than just Assists.

This isn't Reach's system. Reach's system was made by folks trying to guess at how things should be weighted and it was very inaccurate at it. They are night and day in difference.

This system uses machine learning and Bayesian Inference to exactly balance how much every factor contributes to a player winning a match. But the most important aspect of the system is still winning, not KPM and DPM. The final rating is still boiled down to a single number the same way it has been in every Halo. The new system just incorporates new data into the same win-based system.

Have you read the paper? If not, you won't have enough information to make an informed judgement here.
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
What do you do with these booster ?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/fr-fr/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-history/players/lnternerlord?gameModeFilter=All&start=0&count=10
Messi hihi wrote:
What do you do with these booster ?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/fr-fr/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-history/players/lnternerlord?gameModeFilter=All&start=0&count=10
The Champ is only getting +1 for games like that, so not sure it's really boosting.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Messi hihi wrote:
What do you do with these booster ?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/fr-fr/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-history/players/lnternerlord?gameModeFilter=All&start=0&count=10
The Champ is only getting +1 for games like that, so not sure it's really boosting.
I mean when he loose he quit so the champ quit and loose nothing and when an other player loose against them he takes -9 because of the bronze
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
why do we all lose points? the game hasn't even started ..
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/ac803401-1824-4334-8b5c-564cab1c6f87/players/cannemuozze?gameHistoryMatchIndex=6&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
This system drives players away, whether you like it or not. Was born not to inflate the grades, but several times you told us that "you actually lost with a champ (csr) but his MMR was lower, or it was Diamante (csr) but in reality His MMR was higher. .. "The MMR system is fine for matching players, but not for the rank, all this confuses us, I say it with constructive criticism. It's a game and I want to have fun ... listen to your fans. Come on halo!
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

here
Messi hihi wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Messi hihi wrote:
What do you do with these booster ?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/fr-fr/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-history/players/lnternerlord?gameModeFilter=All&start=0&count=10
The Champ is only getting +1 for games like that, so not sure it's really boosting.
I mean when he loose he quit so the champ quit and loose nothing and when an other player loose against them he takes -9 because of the bronze
I don't see that happening in his match history. Quitting teammates doesn't change the update anymore.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

Lol there is a reason halo ranking systems have gotten worse over the years and champion is easy to get to lots of people have gotten it lol... I quit for 4 years came back and got it easily in multiple modes
And wanna know a way to avoid the intentional disconnects? Add a rejoin option from people that get kicked randomly from the servers if they don't join back then they lose the fill amount from the loss and if they do join back you gain points if you win.
Also how can someone play good enough if you tell us to play solo or with 2s forcing us to play with bad randoms and the high ranks getting punished for it makes no sense at all.
Like winning games getting 1csr and losing a game and losing 8/9 csr
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

Lol there is a reason halo ranking systems have gotten worse over the years and champion is easy to get to lots of people have gotten it lol... I quit for 4 years came back and got it easily in multiple modes
And wanna know a way to avoid the intentional disconnects? Add a rejoin option from people that get kicked randomly from the servers if they don't join back then they lose the fill amount from the loss and if they do join back you gain points if you win.
Also how can someone play good enough if you tell us to play solo or with 2s forcing us to play with bad randoms and the high ranks getting punished for it makes no sense at all.
Like winning games getting 1csr and losing a game and losing 8/9 csr
Adding the ability to rejoin in a significant amount of work and won't happen in H5.

If you are only getting 1 CSR and losing 8/9, and not moving up, then your Rank is already correct and should not move up more. It means the people ranked above you are winning more than you are.

It has been that way since Day 1. In every Halo with Ranks.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

Lol there is a reason halo ranking systems have gotten worse over the years and champion is easy to get to lots of people have gotten it lol... I quit for 4 years came back and got it easily in multiple modes
And wanna know a way to avoid the intentional disconnects? Add a rejoin option from people that get kicked randomly from the servers if they don't join back then they lose the fill amount from the loss and if they do join back you gain points if you win.
Also how can someone play good enough if you tell us to play solo or with 2s forcing us to play with bad randoms and the high ranks getting punished for it makes no sense at all.
Like winning games getting 1csr and losing a game and losing 8/9 csr
Adding the ability to rejoin in a significant amount of work and won't happen in H5.

If you are only getting 1 CSR and losing 8/9, and not moving up, then your Rank is already correct and should not move up more. It means the people ranked above you are winning more than you are.

It has been that way since Day 1. In every Halo with Ranks.
Rejoin should've been at launch and I have friends that our way better than me that usually get only 1 csr per win you guys changed it and made it worse the bigger point gain and bigger point loss system was way better imo.

And that's not true I see people with way worse win percentages than me in swat and slayer but yet ranked higher than me.
I have almost a 85 win percentage in swat and almost a 70 in slayer
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

And that's not true I see people with way worse win percentages than me in swat and slayer but yet ranked higher than me.
I have almost a 85 win percentage in swat and almost a 70 in slayer
You’re arguing with the guy that has all the data at his fingertips — the win % is not going to mean much without knowing who you’re playing with and against.
IGRS wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

And that's not true I see people with way worse win percentages than me in swat and slayer but yet ranked higher than me.
I have almost a 85 win percentage in swat and almost a 70 in slayer
You’re arguing with the guy that has all the data at his fingertips — the win % is not going to mean much without knowing who you’re playing with and against.
that means nothing a lot of people agree with me that this ranking system doesn't work..
"It means the people ranked above you are winning more than you are" quoting what he said
but yet I see people on the leaderboards having mediocre stats
Rossflex wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

And that's not true I see people with way worse win percentages than me in swat and slayer but yet ranked higher than me.
I have almost a 85 win percentage in swat and almost a 70 in slayer
You’re arguing with the guy that has all the data at his fingertips — the win % is not going to mean much without knowing who you’re playing with and against.
that means nothing a lot of people agree with me that this ranking system doesn't work..
"It means the people ranked above you are winning more than you are" quoting what he said
but yet I see people on the leaderboards having mediocre stats
Unfortunately, being "a lot of people" doesn't make them right. The ranking system is proven to work because I frequently look at the data and how well your Rank actually predicts whether you will win every match, and the system is more accurate at that than it has ever been before. So the ranks are more correct than they have ever been before, regardless of whether "a lot of people" believe they should have higher ranks. There are always "a lot of people" who think their ranks should be higher, but it doesn't make them right.

And when I say the people ranked above you are winning more, IGRS is correct, they are beating harder opponents more often than you and your friends do.

Mediocre leaderboard stats mean nothing. They just mean those players had harder matches than you did. They are still playing better than you as I showed in the graph.
Rossflex wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

And that's not true I see people with way worse win percentages than me in swat and slayer but yet ranked higher than me.
I have almost a 85 win percentage in swat and almost a 70 in slayer
You’re arguing with the guy that has all the data at his fingertips — the win % is not going to mean much without knowing who you’re playing with and against.
that means nothing a lot of people agree with me that this ranking system doesn't work..
"It means the people ranked above you are winning more than you are" quoting what he said
but yet I see people on the leaderboards having mediocre stats
Win/loss ratio is meaningless without context. If you have a 90% win rate but play against weaker opponents most of the time, it doesn’t mean you deserve to rank up. On the other hand, playing mostly against evenly matched opponents and having a 60% win rate is indicative of deserving a rank up. If you want to assess someone on the leaderboard, you can’t just look at their surface level stats and conclude where we they deserve to be there or not, because you’re not considering the whole picture. You need to dig a little deeper, see what kind of matches they’re having and how they’re performing.

Also, naturally you’re going to be able to find people who, like you, don’t like the ranking system, because plenty of people want to be ranked higher and don’t like being told they don’t deserve it. Objective assessments are fairer, even if they don’t give you that instant gratification you desire.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 39