Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Matchmaking Update 3/17/2020

OP ZaedynFel

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 39
Chimera30 wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

And that's not true I see people with way worse win percentages than me in swat and slayer but yet ranked higher than me.
I have almost a 85 win percentage in swat and almost a 70 in slayer
You’re arguing with the guy that has all the data at his fingertips — the win % is not going to mean much without knowing who you’re playing with and against.
that means nothing a lot of people agree with me that this ranking system doesn't work..
"It means the people ranked above you are winning more than you are" quoting what he said
but yet I see people on the leaderboards having mediocre stats
Win/loss ratio is meaningless without context. If you have a 90% win rate but play against weaker opponents most of the time, it doesn’t mean you deserve to rank up. On the other hand, playing mostly against evenly matched opponents and having a 60% win rate is indicative of deserving a rank up. If you want to assess someone on the leaderboard, you can’t just look at their surface level stats and conclude where we they deserve to be there or not, because you’re not considering the whole picture. You need to dig a little deeper, see what kind of matches they’re having and how they’re performing.

Also, naturally you’re going to be able to find people who, like you, don’t like the ranking system, because plenty of people want to be ranked higher and don’t like being told they don’t deserve it. Objective assessments are fairer, even if they don’t give you that instant gratification you desire.
I'm champ in elimination, swat which probably the most popular if not close and I was in mythic arena when it a a month mode.
explain to me how I play "better people in ranked" I also had 5 champs last season
More stats on Rossflex.

When you play low Onyx players, you average 1.7 kills per minute. That's below what the average 1650 player averages against those same opponents.

Meanwhile, a Champ Onyx player averages at least 2.0 kpm against the same players. So you aren't playing up to the level of the average low Champ.

You've only played 2 games against actually close to Champ teams and you lost both of them.

You've played 10 games against 1650-average teams and only won 2 of them.

So, no, I don't see any evidence here that your rank is too low. In fact, the evidence suggests it's too high.

Which means it will expect you to play like your current rank, but you generally don't right now as your play has been worse lately, so you will underperform against what it expects and you will lose more than you gain until it normalizes again.

If you play with teammates that are worse than you, you will get matches that are too easy and you aren't going to really get anywhere. I recommend sticking with players closer to your own skill, or playing solo.
Rossflex wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

And that's not true I see people with way worse win percentages than me in swat and slayer but yet ranked higher than me.
I have almost a 85 win percentage in swat and almost a 70 in slayer
You’re arguing with the guy that has all the data at his fingertips — the win % is not going to mean much without knowing who you’re playing with and against.
that means nothing a lot of people agree with me that this ranking system doesn't work..
"It means the people ranked above you are winning more than you are" quoting what he said
but yet I see people on the leaderboards having mediocre stats
Win/loss ratio is meaningless without context. If you have a 90% win rate but play against weaker opponents most of the time, it doesn’t mean you deserve to rank up. On the other hand, playing mostly against evenly matched opponents and having a 60% win rate is indicative of deserving a rank up. If you want to assess someone on the leaderboard, you can’t just look at their surface level stats and conclude where we they deserve to be there or not, because you’re not considering the whole picture. You need to dig a little deeper, see what kind of matches they’re having and how they’re performing.

Also, naturally you’re going to be able to find people who, like you, don’t like the ranking system, because plenty of people want to be ranked higher and don’t like being told they don’t deserve it. Objective assessments are fairer, even if they don’t give you that instant gratification you desire.
I'm champ in elimination, swat which probably the most popular if not close and I was in mythic arena when it a a month mode.
explain to me how I play "better people in ranked" I also had 5 champs last season
Elimination is one of the least popular lists and SWAT is much lower in pop than Slayer. Mythic Arena was worse.

You're definitely well within the top 1% of the best players in the game right now, but you aren't playing as well as the average Slayer Champ. Slayer is one of the harder lists since it's the most popular playlist in the entire game, and potentially all of Halo right now.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

And that's not true I see people with way worse win percentages than me in swat and slayer but yet ranked higher than me.
I have almost a 85 win percentage in swat and almost a 70 in slayer
You’re arguing with the guy that has all the data at his fingertips — the win % is not going to mean much without knowing who you’re playing with and against.
that means nothing a lot of people agree with me that this ranking system doesn't work..
"It means the people ranked above you are winning more than you are" quoting what he said
but yet I see people on the leaderboards having mediocre stats
Unfortunately, being "a lot of people" doesn't make them right. The ranking system is proven to work because I frequently look at the data and how well your Rank actually predicts whether you will win every match, and the system is more accurate at that than it has ever been before. So the ranks are more correct than they have ever been before, regardless of whether "a lot of people" believe they should have higher ranks. There are always "a lot of people" who think their ranks should be higher, but it doesn't make them right.

And when I say the people ranked above you are winning more, IGRS is correct, they are beating harder opponents more often than you and your friends do.

Mediocre leaderboard stats mean nothing. They just mean those players had harder matches than you did. They are still playing better than you as I showed in the graph.
Unfortunately Halo 5 had lots of issues at lunch and still does that's why a lot of players quit.
and lets say you are correct how do I play "better Ranked players"
it took you guys 5 years to patch boosting and you got a very divided community in general
if i'm not playing at champ level how was I champ in 5 modes last season and now this season im champ in swat. elim, and the mythic arena featured mode.
ill be back in champ this weekend in slayer regardless of what that lame graph shows
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

And that's not true I see people with way worse win percentages than me in swat and slayer but yet ranked higher than me.
I have almost a 85 win percentage in swat and almost a 70 in slayer
You’re arguing with the guy that has all the data at his fingertips — the win % is not going to mean much without knowing who you’re playing with and against.
that means nothing a lot of people agree with me that this ranking system doesn't work..
"It means the people ranked above you are winning more than you are" quoting what he said
but yet I see people on the leaderboards having mediocre stats
Win/loss ratio is meaningless without context. If you have a 90% win rate but play against weaker opponents most of the time, it doesn’t mean you deserve to rank up. On the other hand, playing mostly against evenly matched opponents and having a 60% win rate is indicative of deserving a rank up. If you want to assess someone on the leaderboard, you can’t just look at their surface level stats and conclude where we they deserve to be there or not, because you’re not considering the whole picture. You need to dig a little deeper, see what kind of matches they’re having and how they’re performing.

Also, naturally you’re going to be able to find people who, like you, don’t like the ranking system, because plenty of people want to be ranked higher and don’t like being told they don’t deserve it. Objective assessments are fairer, even if they don’t give you that instant gratification you desire.
I'm champ in elimination, swat which probably the most popular if not close and I was in mythic arena when it a a month mode.
explain to me how I play "better people in ranked" I also had 5 champs last season
Elimination is one of the least popular lists and SWAT is much lower in pop than Slayer. Mythic Arena was worse.

You're definitely well within the top 1% of the best players in the game right now, but you aren't playing as well as the average Slayer Champ. Slayer is one of the harder lists since it's the most popular playlist in the entire game, and potentially all of Halo right now.
show me the population? and I can understand the slayer part but at the same time the games servers is what made me lose it in the first place..
but ill get it back I do think certain things need to be looked at before halo infinite launches like a rejoin mechanic
I appreciate the feedback though and talking to me about the data etc.
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

And that's not true I see people with way worse win percentages than me in swat and slayer but yet ranked higher than me.
I have almost a 85 win percentage in swat and almost a 70 in slayer
You’re arguing with the guy that has all the data at his fingertips — the win % is not going to mean much without knowing who you’re playing with and against.
that means nothing a lot of people agree with me that this ranking system doesn't work..
"It means the people ranked above you are winning more than you are" quoting what he said
but yet I see people on the leaderboards having mediocre stats
Win/loss ratio is meaningless without context. If you have a 90% win rate but play against weaker opponents most of the time, it doesn’t mean you deserve to rank up. On the other hand, playing mostly against evenly matched opponents and having a 60% win rate is indicative of deserving a rank up. If you want to assess someone on the leaderboard, you can’t just look at their surface level stats and conclude where we they deserve to be there or not, because you’re not considering the whole picture. You need to dig a little deeper, see what kind of matches they’re having and how they’re performing.

Also, naturally you’re going to be able to find people who, like you, don’t like the ranking system, because plenty of people want to be ranked higher and don’t like being told they don’t deserve it. Objective assessments are fairer, even if they don’t give you that instant gratification you desire.
I'm champ in elimination, swat which probably the most popular if not close and I was in mythic arena when it a a month mode.
explain to me how I play "better people in ranked" I also had 5 champs last season
Elimination is one of the least popular lists and SWAT is much lower in pop than Slayer. Mythic Arena was worse.

You're definitely well within the top 1% of the best players in the game right now, but you aren't playing as well as the average Slayer Champ. Slayer is one of the harder lists since it's the most popular playlist in the entire game, and potentially all of Halo right now.
show me the population? and I can understand the slayer part but at the same time the games servers is what made me lose it in the first place..
but ill get it back I do think certain things need to be looked at before halo infinite launches like a rejoin mechanic
I appreciate the feedback though and talking to me about the data etc.
I can't show you the actual pop numbers, most companies don't allow that anymore so you don't see it often.

But here's a graph showing the relative numbers over time. Top blue is Slayer, orange is SWAT (about 1/3 of Slayer), the broken up red is when we ran Mythic, and the solid red is Elimination (1/9 of Slayer).

stuff
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Kashyy wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Look, I know the population in TA is pretty low but you can't put two Platinum 1s against a champion. Ever. Maybe in SWAT it would be somewhat forgivable but they are going to get absolutely demolished in Team Arena.

I'm sure everyone on my team would have rather not played at all. I'm a D4, almost went even, but it was enough of a mismatch to get me to stop playing for the night.
The system knew it was a bad match before it made it. But at that time, it was this or just not allow the Champ to play at all. The Champ had already waited awhile and this was the closest match possible out of all the players available. This happens sometimes in unpopular playlists like TA, even near peak.

Also, since there were two to2s in this match, there were unfortunately no better team balances. The system was stuck. The Plats were in a to2, and any swaps would have led to an even worse setup.

It's not great, but it will happen sometimes. You had a 1% chance to win going in.
Can you please fix this ranking system it's awful imo.
I like halo 5 but but to many random players get kicked randomly from ranked games and lose points... Game should have a rejoin option for Ranked no excuses. I was champ 175 and got in a glitched bugged lobby and it kicked me and my friend I went down to champ 200 now I'm back at onyx slowly losing my motivation to play because wins you get nothing and a random disconnect ruins all your progress.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d67d0976-57cd-454f-8636-e4320e28831d/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
At this point, there's no point in asking for a change in the ranking system. They simply don't want to acknowledge the many flaws it has. The original system wasn't as broken as this one.
You have to lose points on a random kick because there's no way we can tell if the kick was random or if you faked it. If we didn't subtract points for that, then players could easily exploit that fact to never lose points by just yanking their network cable as soon as they were losing.

If you are having a hard time getting back into Champ, then you aren't playing like a Champ and don't belong there. It's not hard to get back into Champ if you belong there. You may have randomly gotten into Champ for a short period, but you aren't playing good enough to deserve to stay there. Plus, the Champ boundary goes up every day as better players pass you and get into Champ.

I don't know what you mean by original, we haven't made any major ranking changes outside of closing loopholes in a long long time. But either way, we never have the intention of having a player being ranked higher than players that are consistently playing better than they are.

Below is Rossflex's skill over time. The Champ boundary is now 1850 and you are playing below 1750. So you aren't being held back by random disconnects, that would not close the 100 CSR gap you need need to close to even be the lowest of Champs.

And that's not true I see people with way worse win percentages than me in swat and slayer but yet ranked higher than me.
I have almost a 85 win percentage in swat and almost a 70 in slayer
You’re arguing with the guy that has all the data at his fingertips — the win % is not going to mean much without knowing who you’re playing with and against.
that means nothing a lot of people agree with me that this ranking system doesn't work..
"It means the people ranked above you are winning more than you are" quoting what he said
but yet I see people on the leaderboards having mediocre stats
Win/loss ratio is meaningless without context. If you have a 90% win rate but play against weaker opponents most of the time, it doesn’t mean you deserve to rank up. On the other hand, playing mostly against evenly matched opponents and having a 60% win rate is indicative of deserving a rank up. If you want to assess someone on the leaderboard, you can’t just look at their surface level stats and conclude where we they deserve to be there or not, because you’re not considering the whole picture. You need to dig a little deeper, see what kind of matches they’re having and how they’re performing.

Also, naturally you’re going to be able to find people who, like you, don’t like the ranking system, because plenty of people want to be ranked higher and don’t like being told they don’t deserve it. Objective assessments are fairer, even if they don’t give you that instant gratification you desire.
I'm champ in elimination, swat which probably the most popular if not close and I was in mythic arena when it a a month mode.
explain to me how I play "better people in ranked" I also had 5 champs last season
Elimination is one of the least popular lists and SWAT is much lower in pop than Slayer. Mythic Arena was worse.

You're definitely well within the top 1% of the best players in the game right now, but you aren't playing as well as the average Slayer Champ. Slayer is one of the harder lists since it's the most popular playlist in the entire game, and potentially all of Halo right now.
show me the population? and I can understand the slayer part but at the same time the games servers is what made me lose it in the first place..
but ill get it back I do think certain things need to be looked at before halo infinite launches like a rejoin mechanic
I appreciate the feedback though and talking to me about the data etc.
I can't show you the actual pop numbers, most companies don't allow that anymore so you don't see it often.

But here's a graph showing the relative numbers over time. Top blue is Slayer, orange is SWAT (about 1/3 of Slayer), the broken up red is when we ran Mythic, and the solid red is Elimination (1/9 of Slayer).

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/75bf74e5-bdc5-4fc8-9b80-b574469f8745/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

Like what would you recommend doing In this situation I lost 8 points because of a 4-15 and a 9-11 quitter. Should I get a 3 stack or 4 even

Also
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/61d3e2b0-f09f-4024-91b8-0838cc88b488/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/ac803401-1824-4334-8b5c-564cab1c6f87/players/cannemuozze?gameHistoryMatchIndex=6&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

ZaedynFel
I have no answers here, why do I lose 9 points? we are all DNF!
thanks
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/ac803401-1824-4334-8b5c-564cab1c6f87/players/cannemuozze?gameHistoryMatchIndex=6&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

ZaedynFel
I have no answers here, why do I lose 9 points? we are all DNF!
thanks
The system doesn't know what happened. It just says "were you the first to leave? If so -30, if not, you lose what you would have lost if you had lost the match"

It doesn't know the situation that caused the DNFs.
ZaedynFel wrote:
The system doesn't know what happened. It just says "were you the first to leave? If so -30, if not, you lose what you would have lost if you had lost the match"

It doesn't know the situation that caused the DNFs.
Question pertaining to DNFs and CSR penalties:
Does the system treat server failures the same as any other DNF? I.e. can one lose rank and potentially get a temporary matchmaking ban if the dedicated server crashes? I understand the necessity for treating local DNFs all the same since differentiating between an unintentional disconnect and a ripped ethernet cable is not feasible, but a server error that affects everyone in the match seems to be a very unique circumstance.
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
The system doesn't know what happened. It just says "were you the first to leave? If so -30, if not, you lose what you would have lost if you had lost the match"

It doesn't know the situation that caused the DNFs.
Question pertaining to DNFs and CSR penalties:
Does the system treat server failures the same as any other DNF? I.e. can one lose rank and potentially get a temporary matchmaking ban if the dedicated server crashes? I understand the necessity for treating local DNFs all the same since differentiating between an unintentional disconnect and a ripped ethernet cable is not feasible, but a server error that affects everyone in the match seems to be a very unique circumstance.
@ZaedynFel I understand, thanks.
@Chimera I can assure you that it is rare, not unique ... it happened to me the same last year.
ZaedynFel wrote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/ac803401-1824-4334-8b5c-564cab1c6f87/players/cannemuozze?gameHistoryMatchIndex=6&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

ZaedynFel
I have no answers here, why do I lose 9 points? we are all DNF!
thanks
The system doesn't know what happened. It just says "were you the first to leave? If so -30, if not, you lose what you would have lost if you had lost the match"

It doesn't know the situation that caused the DNFs.
ZaedynFel not trying to bother you but what would you recommend for my post above I quoted you about the two games I lost 8/9csr would it be smart to run with threes? Because scenario's like that I can't do anything with those randoms. Thanks

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/75bf74e5-bdc5-4fc8-9b80-b574469f8745/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

what would you recommend doing In this situation I lost 8 points because of a 4-15 and a 9-11 quitter. Should I get a 3 stack or 4 even

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/61d3e2b0-f09f-4024-91b8-0838cc88b488/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/ac803401-1824-4334-8b5c-564cab1c6f87/players/cannemuozze?gameHistoryMatchIndex=6&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

ZaedynFel
I have no answers here, why do I lose 9 points? we are all DNF!
thanks
The system doesn't know what happened. It just says "were you the first to leave? If so -30, if not, you lose what you would have lost if you had lost the match"

It doesn't know the situation that caused the DNFs.
ZaedynFel not trying to bother you but what would you recommend for my post above I quoted you about the two games I lost 8/9csr would it be smart to run with threes? Because scenario's like that I can't do anything with those randoms. Thanks

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/75bf74e5-bdc5-4fc8-9b80-b574469f8745/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

what would you recommend doing In this situation I lost 8 points because of a 4-15 and a 9-11 quitter. Should I get a 3 stack or 4 even

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/61d3e2b0-f09f-4024-91b8-0838cc88b488/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
Here's what I would expect:
  • If you run with 3s/4s you will win most of your matches because the system won't be able to find good enough opponents. The downside will be that ranking up will be slower since you will get only +1/-9, etc. You'll have to win more than 9 in 10. At the end, your rank will also be a bit higher than solo queue because the system adds a bit to your expected rank when you're in a party.
  • If you run solo, you will lose half of your matches, sometimes get bad teammates, etc., but your rank will converge faster. Right now, it's a little inflated so it will float down to about 1750 first, and from there you will see more +5/-5. Unless your MMR also goes up. If it goes up while you play, then you will see more +5/-5 earlier on. Your final rank will be a little lower too because the system expects solo players to have a little lower rank than those who always party
Those are the main trade-offs for very high skilled players like you.
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
The system doesn't know what happened. It just says "were you the first to leave? If so -30, if not, you lose what you would have lost if you had lost the match"

It doesn't know the situation that caused the DNFs.
Question pertaining to DNFs and CSR penalties:
Does the system treat server failures the same as any other DNF? I.e. can one lose rank and potentially get a temporary matchmaking ban if the dedicated server crashes? I understand the necessity for treating local DNFs all the same since differentiating between an unintentional disconnect and a ripped ethernet cable is not feasible, but a server error that affects everyone in the match seems to be a very unique circumstance.
@ZaedynFel I understand, thanks.
@Chimera I can assure you that it is rare, not unique ... it happened to me the same last year.
We can't currently distinguish on our end much when this happens. I'm actually not personally sure what could cause it other than something tripping in Azure. If Azure has an issue, it's pretty opaque to us on our side, unfortunately. Or, at least, takes a ton of digging per case to figure out. Could be related to the fact Azure has been prioritizing COVID-19 type support in the cloud instead.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/ac803401-1824-4334-8b5c-564cab1c6f87/players/cannemuozze?gameHistoryMatchIndex=6&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

ZaedynFel
I have no answers here, why do I lose 9 points? we are all DNF!
thanks
The system doesn't know what happened. It just says "were you the first to leave? If so -30, if not, you lose what you would have lost if you had lost the match"

It doesn't know the situation that caused the DNFs.
ZaedynFel not trying to bother you but what would you recommend for my post above I quoted you about the two games I lost 8/9csr would it be smart to run with threes? Because scenario's like that I can't do anything with those randoms. Thanks

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/75bf74e5-bdc5-4fc8-9b80-b574469f8745/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

what would you recommend doing In this situation I lost 8 points because of a 4-15 and a 9-11 quitter. Should I get a 3 stack or 4 even

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/61d3e2b0-f09f-4024-91b8-0838cc88b488/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
Here's what I would expect:
  • If you run with 3s/4s you will win most of your matches because the system won't be able to find good enough opponents. The downside will be that ranking up will be slower since you will get only +1/-9, etc. You'll have to win more than 9 in 10. At the end, your rank will also be a bit higher than solo queue because the system adds a bit to your expected rank when you're in a party.
  • If you run solo, you will lose half of your matches, sometimes get bad teammates, etc., but your rank will converge faster. Right now, it's a little inflated so it will float down to about 1750 first, and from there you will see more +5/-5. Unless your MMR also goes up. If it goes up while you play, then you will see more +5/-5 earlier on. Your final rank will be a little lower too because the system expects solo players to have a little lower rank than those who always party
Those are the main trade-offs for very high skilled players like you.
thanks for the help!
ZaedynFel wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
The system doesn't know what happened. It just says "were you the first to leave? If so -30, if not, you lose what you would have lost if you had lost the match"

It doesn't know the situation that caused the DNFs.
Question pertaining to DNFs and CSR penalties:
Does the system treat server failures the same as any other DNF? I.e. can one lose rank and potentially get a temporary matchmaking ban if the dedicated server crashes? I understand the necessity for treating local DNFs all the same since differentiating between an unintentional disconnect and a ripped ethernet cable is not feasible, but a server error that affects everyone in the match seems to be a very unique circumstance.
@ZaedynFel I understand, thanks.
@Chimera I can assure you that it is rare, not unique ... it happened to me the same last year.
We can't currently distinguish on our end much when this happens. I'm actually not personally sure what could cause it other than something tripping in Azure. If Azure has an issue, it's pretty opaque to us on our side, unfortunately. Or, at least, takes a ton of digging per case to figure out. Could be related to the fact Azure has been prioritizing COVID-19 type support in the cloud instead.
Thanks for the reply and for the help.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ZaedynFel wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
The system doesn't know what happened. It just says "were you the first to leave? If so -30, if not, you lose what you would have lost if you had lost the match"

It doesn't know the situation that caused the DNFs.
Question pertaining to DNFs and CSR penalties:
Does the system treat server failures the same as any other DNF? I.e. can one lose rank and potentially get a temporary matchmaking ban if the dedicated server crashes? I understand the necessity for treating local DNFs all the same since differentiating between an unintentional disconnect and a ripped ethernet cable is not feasible, but a server error that affects everyone in the match seems to be a very unique circumstance.
@ZaedynFel I understand, thanks.
@Chimera I can assure you that it is rare, not unique ... it happened to me the same last year.
We can't currently distinguish on our end much when this happens. I'm actually not personally sure what could cause it other than something tripping in Azure. If Azure has an issue, it's pretty opaque to us on our side, unfortunately. Or, at least, takes a ton of digging per case to figure out. Could be related to the fact Azure has been prioritizing COVID-19 type support in the cloud instead.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/fe1ef055-2f67-47b4-b4fc-9555053e5de7/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

Again with the random point loss from a server issue... 7 players were kicked only guy that gain points or didn't lose any was
GT- The M4D Fish
It's already hard enough climbing to champ in slayer with the bad randoms now something like this happens and I lose points I don't get it... Shouldn't count against players at all!
Rossflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
The system doesn't know what happened. It just says "were you the first to leave? If so -30, if not, you lose what you would have lost if you had lost the match"

It doesn't know the situation that caused the DNFs.
Question pertaining to DNFs and CSR penalties:
Does the system treat server failures the same as any other DNF? I.e. can one lose rank and potentially get a temporary matchmaking ban if the dedicated server crashes? I understand the necessity for treating local DNFs all the same since differentiating between an unintentional disconnect and a ripped ethernet cable is not feasible, but a server error that affects everyone in the match seems to be a very unique circumstance.
@ZaedynFel I understand, thanks.
@Chimera I can assure you that it is rare, not unique ... it happened to me the same last year.
We can't currently distinguish on our end much when this happens. I'm actually not personally sure what could cause it other than something tripping in Azure. If Azure has an issue, it's pretty opaque to us on our side, unfortunately. Or, at least, takes a ton of digging per case to figure out. Could be related to the fact Azure has been prioritizing COVID-19 type support in the cloud instead.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/fe1ef055-2f67-47b4-b4fc-9555053e5de7/players/rossflex?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

Again with the random point loss from a server issue... 7 players were kicked only guy that gain points or didn't lose any was
GT- The M4D Fish
It's already hard enough climbing to champ in slayer with the bad randoms now something like this happens and I lose points I don't get it... Shouldn't count against players at all!
Again, there's nothing we can do on our end about these. They look no different than players leaving matches on purpose.

But, this is still less than 0.5% of all matches, so has very little impact.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 39