Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Matchmaking Update in Warzone Yay or Meh?

OP Ultra Prism

I am level 147 with over 1600 warzone games with W/L 54.5%

I hoped after this update we could see more fair games with less one sided experiences.

Unfortunately, It has happened back to back with some of players from previous game was crushing us again with new Wasps. here is a screenshot

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Anw0wvicDIr-yMZZBgo4AxdrpW6pfA

I know many of you have similar experiences. I am just sorry to say 343 team in charge of Matchmaking, You guys left me extremely disappointed & frustrated.

It has been a year since Halo 5 came out, and team in charge of Matchmaking couldn't figure out a way to reduce such "blowout matches" I have an idea, give us SOLO QUEUE, that's it

The excitement to use new voice pack till Buck said "We got outplayed" Yeah sure outplayed by people quiting, falling behind REQ energy, snowballed and premades.

I stopped playing with premade teams because many of time loved idea of capping all bases and farming for kills, why? I do not know, some kind of sadistic feel. I just wanna play to my limits and have a real fair game.

Meh. Just gonna be salty, despite Buck trying to cheer up every time REQ level up but instead I see 5 Hannibal Wasps on the opposing team.
343 should know this isn't the solution, but they still decided to put a band-aid over a gaping wound. The problem has always been the matching system, but changing it will mean turning WZ into a more ranked like environment which defeats the purpose of a casual playlist. They could try party restrictions or a solo queue playlist although I don't see that happening with their track record.
Well, the thing that turns a Warzone match into a blowout is one team gets Req levels really fast and starts spawning vehicles (multiple wasps, ghosts, banshees). Of course, going up against a squad makes things worse, but why would you ever think an entire team of solos wouldn't do the same thing?
Well, the thing that turns a Warzone match into a blowout is one team gets Req levels really fast and starts spawning vehicles (multiple wasps, ghosts, banshees). Of course, going up against a squad makes things worse, but why would you ever think an entire team of solos wouldn't do the same thing?
Honestly, I think matchmaking thinks I can carry a team of solos against a squad of 6, I can use a mic and suggest players use power weapons and destroy the wasp, Out of the last 10 games I just played, One person only responded that he is willing to help out. So far I have 9 games and won only one, every game there were 5 or 6 players on the opposing team having each over 30 kills. Now you can imagine their REQ energy level at.
Many companies/ teams don't try to farm for kills, we try for 3 quick caps and a core destruction. But since the spawn system before the newest update kept spawning players inside a base being capped or trying to be capped, it came off as farming which is by no means what we were trying to accomplish.

Bring back 12 man fireteams! It will limit farming.
6 man fireteams encourage farming bc it's hard to coordinate with only 6 players to cap bases and core the enemy team.
Many companies/ teams don't try to farm for kills, we try for 3 quick caps and a core destruction. But since the spawn system before the newest update kept spawning players inside a base being capped or trying to be capped, it came off as farming which is by no means what we were trying to accomplish.

6 man fireteams encourage farming bc it's hard to coordinate with only 6 players to cap bases and core the enemy team.
From my experience from playing before the new fireteam limit was introduced, a lot of companies I fought against were straight farming. I had enough and left Halo 5 for good. Thought I should try now again with new update and you are right I got message from one person saying he was mad at 343 for implement such limit.

Well I tell you what I am mad for losing 10 blowout games and 343 expects to have "enjoyable time" Some of us want to have close game and fair game, it was more of the case back in Halo 5 launch but with better players and all new REQs, the meta and balance is something that 343 doesn't seem to care any longer.

Remember it has been a year, I have played mostly on my own then I join a company and played fireteam of 12, I didn't enjoy it after a while because everyone wanted farm fest and get Achilles so I left them, played on my own.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

From my experience from playing before the new fireteam limit was introduced, a lot of companies I fought against were straight farming. I had enough and left Halo 5 for good. Thought I should try now again with new update and you are right I got message from one person saying he was mad at 343 for implement such limit.

Well I tell you what I am mad for losing 10 blowout games and 343 expects to have "enjoyable time" Some of us want to have close game and fair game, it was more of the case back in Halo 5 launch but with better players and all new REQs, the meta and balance is something that 343 doesn't seem to care any longer.

Remember it has been a year, I have played mostly on my own then I join a company and played fireteam of 12, I didn't enjoy it after a while because everyone wanted farm fest and get Achilles so I left them, played on my own.
Thats what me and a bunch of pple have been saying on this thread
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/regular-warzone-6-man-limit-nope-no-thanks/4135e3ce-9cbb-44bc-9677-e8239d0e5e74/posts

For god sakes all they have done by making it 6 man fireteam limit is forcing us to basically farm you because our teammates are useless and im not about to sacrifice myself to die attacking the core. (yes i do remember matching you twice and both games being very lopsided in our favor and a nasty msg from you but ill ignore that). I agree with you that this new "test" is not the solution and please make it more clear they should have an update to add in solo que option for wz. To be honest I had the most fun in wz when my 12 man team went up against other 12 man teams and even would try to match on purpose with other teams by searching at the same time which was a pain in the butt.

I'm genuinely sorry that's happened to you because that's happened to our team by much better teams than us but we use that as motivation to get better.

Unfortunately now with our team cut in half during games...we won't have enough support to triple cap and core the other team so we'll be stuck outside enemy armory picking off whoever decides to keep spawning, building reqs, and continue said strategy.

Guess we'll see you on the battlefield.

I hoped after this update we could see more fair games with less one sided experiences.

Unfortunately, It has happened back to back with some of players from previous game was crushing us again with new Wasps. here is a screenshot

I know many of you have similar experiences. I am just sorry to say 343 team in charge of Matchmaking, You guys left me extremely disappointed & frustrated.

It has been a year since Halo 5 came out, and team in charge of Matchmaking couldn't figure out a way to reduce such "blowout matches" I have an idea, give us SOLO QUEUE, that's it

The excitement to use new voice pack till Buck said "We got outplayed" Yeah sure outplayed by people quiting, falling behind REQ energy, snowballed and premades.

I stopped playing with premade teams because many of time loved idea of capping all bases and farming for kills, why? I do not know, some kind of sadistic feel. I just wanna play to my limits and have a real fair game.

Meh. Just gonna be salty, despite Buck trying to cheer up every time REQ level up but instead I see 5 Hannibal Wasps on the opposing team.
I'm pretty sure you played 12v12 Randoms. maybe a small party of 2. Cruckeye doesnt queue with teams.

I'm pretty sure you played 12v12 Randoms. maybe a small party of 2. Cruckeye doesnt queue with teams.
Unless it's a team of HWM members. :)
Ha, I'm in that game.

But I can sympathize with you that games are even more loopsided and unfair now. I had more than a few of games just like that one were I was on the receiving end of a small team sitting on two bases and just playing for kills.

Hopefully 343 can see the negative reactions to 6 man fireteam limit in time.

If you're looking for a company that doesn't do those things come join Spartan Dads
My forums post about 343's Farming Fix, Limiting fireteams to Six in Halo5 WarZone. First off I'm a 148 so I have played a few thousand games, I think it's so stupid first off, The only reason why I get on halo is to talk to friends, Make friends and Play in big clusters of people. It's helped me overcome my anxiety but that's another topic Anyways I Play in big clusters of people Not because I suck, or I need carried. But more because it's productive. I would more rather get a team of 12 that is good, Gets kills, Are high levels, Slay, Get bosses and have mics. Than 6 randoms that suck, I have played Halo5 Warzone alone and it's still messed up even with the temporary Fix. I have Played several games where I got farmed still. First off I'm not a horrible player. I get 20-24 kills per game with up to 10 deaths. And still manage to lose every single game that in go in alone Unless I get good randoms. But I have Won a few. I have a 70% With percentage because I played with good teams. But limiting the teams to 6 puts that in complete crisis mode. 343 I'm Despising you right now. I hope you fix Halo5 Warzone soon and get rid of the teams of 6, Heck Made it 20 on 20 or 18 on 18, Improve that. Or temporarily make big team 12 of 12 because 8 of 8 is actually small as crap. You really need to improve the req pay in arena also lo