So I was playing action sack and ended up in Mongoose Sumo. Anyone else found the cheaters balancing the mongoose at the edge of the start bays? Apparently after the initial countdown you can return to the bay and balance on the edge so that when the first two rings disappear, you are unreachable. I actually enjoy Sumo once in a while, and this pretty much ruined it. Hopefully a fix soon.
I noticed this too, and hope 343i will do something to stop this kind of exploitation.
Seriously? What in the world....
I wanna win, but legitimately. Wanting to win an action sack match that badly just doesn't come into play for me. I mean...what does it accomplish anyway? I love sumo...hope I don't witness this happen.
So I was playing action sack and ended up in Mongoose Sumo. Anyone else found the cheaters balancing the mongoose at the edge of the start bays? Apparently after the initial countdown you can return to the bay and balance on the edge so that when the first two rings disappear, you are unreachable. I actually enjoy Sumo once in a while, and this pretty much ruined it. Hopefully a fix soon.
This isn't a 'fix' per se, but if you see someone about to set up a nice gentle all-out ram will usually knock them into the soft kill zone if you do it right before the floor falls away.
I've only had one game like that since the gametype came out, but I agree that it is annoying.
This isn't a 'fix' per se, but if you see someone about to set up a nice gentle all-out ram will usually knock them into the soft kill zone if you do it right before the floor falls away.
I agree this can be effective, and even after the first ring falls away you can usually still launch far enough from the second ring to take them down with you. It's just the fact you shouldn't have to. You should be free to worry about the guy charging at you, or tying to plant himself in the middle, not the guy at the end you might not notice setting this trick up until it's too late.
WillyMc wrote:
Seriously? What in the world....
I wanna win, but legitimately. Wanting to win an action sack match that badly just doesn't come into play for me. I mean...what does it accomplish anyway? I love sumo...hope I don't witness this happen.
Unfortunately the last time I saw this the guy doing it was on my team. The other team outplayed us, but he set this up to force a tie. It seemed like the other team got frustrated and gave up (two left, two suicided) just to move on to a different match. That's not how I want to get a win.

As you said, I want to win legitimately. If I'm outplayed, I would rather take the loss than win by cheating.