Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Multiplayer becoming harder?

OP TECHNORUNNER

Anyone else feel as if multiplayer in general is getting harder? I started ranking Diamond in pretty much everything (except head to head but that mode is just screwy), and it's just gone downhill from there. When I was Platinum in Slayer, it was very rare I would lose to diamonds, usually Onyx players.

My top CSR is diamond 5 in SWAT, but I've been going back and forth between diamond 3. I win, and I lose severely. Usually diamonds and Onyxs in SWAT weren't a major challenge, I've even gone up against some champs and held my end up decent.

I can't even queue in a Quick Play match without going negative or even. Not sure what's wrong. I was fine before, now I'm just losing all the time and I can't stand it anymore.
Anyone else feel as if multiplayer in general is getting harder? I started ranking Diamond in pretty much everything (except head to head but that mode is just screwy), and it's just gone downhill from there. When I was Platinum in Slayer, it was very rare I would lose to diamonds, usually Onyx players.

My top CSR is diamond 5 in SWAT, but I've been going back and forth between diamond 3. I win, and I lose severely. Usually diamonds and Onyxs in SWAT weren't a major challenge, I've even gone up against some champs and held my end up decent.

I can't even queue in a Quick Play match without going negative or even. Not sure what's wrong. I was fine before, now I'm just losing all the time and I can't stand it anymore.
Matchmaking as a whole has been more sporadic for me, some really hard teams, some really easy, and everything in between. That's most likely just a population thing where they were forced to open up the matchmaker to larger skill gaps so we can find games. Just curious when did you feel that matchmaking got harder?
Just as of recently, probably about a month or 2 ago. I was fairly confident in my shots and my movement. I've improved a bit since i've posted this, got up to diamond 3 in slayer. I mean I've started at the bottom of the chain, bronze, and now I'm diamond, so I'm not expecting things to be easy, but hard to miss shots are suddenly overpowering me, and ending up in 2v3 and 2v4 matches isn't helping either.
Idk, I haven't had many issues apart from just poor matchmaking. More often than not, I play against clans that roflstomp my team. Like Tragic said, it could just be population issue but I'm not sure how it is on your end.
This is the effect of a stale meta coming into play. Even the lower level players now know everything about the game and have been practicing for years. You can't get easy kills anymore because the enemy simply does not understand what you are doing or how to counter it. Everyone knows to thrust to the side when fighting a duel. Everyone knows how all the abilities work.

So you’re diamond 3 and complaining about the game getting harder? I would say you win some and you lose some. Same for me but I am way below your level.
Sometimes quick play is sweatier than ranked. Last night I played two games of quick play and then jumped into ranked Slayer for a break. Can't say I've noticed a difference in skill level...I guess I have improved proportionately to the rest of the population.
Sometimes quick play is sweatier than ranked. Last night I played two games of quick play and then jumped into ranked Slayer for a break. Can't say I've noticed a difference in skill level...I guess I have improved proportionately to the rest of the population.
Quick play is sweatier than Ranked Slayer. I always match Champs and I usually only rank low Onyx.
Yep. I jumped on to warm up in quick play a few nights ago and got matches against Proximitty and I’m a diamond kid lol