Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

New Arena (Slayer) maps in rotation?

OP MathYou1

Hey 343 friends,

My Halo crew desperately would like a larger pool of maps in Arena Slayer. When could we expect an update to the maps in rotation?
We miss playing the following maps:
  • Molton
  • Overgrowth
  • Riptide
  • Tyrant
🙏 Please give us an update. 🙏
These maps were removed because so many people complained about them, were they not?
These maps were removed because so many people complained about them, were they not?
I'm surprised to hear this as Riptide was always my absolute favorite map since the early Halo 5 days. Actually all four maps where ones I generally favored over some of the ones in current rotation (White Cell and Russet immediate come to mind). Can someone shed any light into why they didn't like them?

The only map I felt that has reason to be left out was Orion as it felt really unbalanced. I think Refuge also has a lot of problems but could be fixed if they adjust the weapons on the map.
Not sure why it was removed, but I think Riptide was a camp fest in the green room(?) since it had a long sightline down the hallway which was essentially a choke point and then the other entrance closer to the beam rifle was more open, but it was still easy to see people coming.
I'm surprised to hear this as Riptide was always my absolute favorite map since the early Halo 5 days. Actually all four maps where ones I generally favored over some of the ones in current rotation (White Cell and Russet immediate come to mind). Can someone shed any light into why they didn't like them?
White Cell - The map feels too wide for my liking and I don't feel like it's a good 4v4. It's better for triple team and ffa.
Russet - What is good about this map? There is nowhere you can stand and not be seen. And bottom mid is just useless if players decide to chase you because it is so large you have nowhere to turn. Not to mention that I cannot find any power positions.
MathYou1 wrote:
Hey 343 friends,

My Halo crew desperately would like a larger pool of maps in Arena Slayer. When could we expect an update to the maps in rotation?
We miss playing the following maps:
  • Molton
  • Overgrowth
  • Riptide
  • Tyrant
🙏 Please give us an update. 🙏
I completely agree, bring back those maps!!!