1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Oddball

Hey all - we just wanted to give you some good news before the weekend kicks off!

We've added Oddball to the Team Arena playlist! As you may remember, it received some extra love and attention in the content update that came out earlier this month. (Read up on it here!) Right now, we're featuring it on two maps in the playlist – Eden and Truth. These maps were chosen because they're competitive balance fits Team Arena well, but also because they can provide insight as to how the spawning changes will affect gameplay at the highest level of competition on such different maps (symmetrical & asymmetrical maps).

Additionally it's worth noting that we updated Oddball settings, and that these new settings are also reflected in Custom Games. The changes were made to ensure Oddball would be fit for ranked gameplay, and can be seen below:
  • Oddball and Oddball FFA have been updated to share the Oddball HaloWC carrier traits. This means that the Ball Carrier can Thrust, must land two melees to get a kill, and now has 90% movement speed.
  • The Oddball HaloWC respawn time has been decreased from 10s back to 8s. The respawn timer was increased to 10s a few months back due to spawning complaints, but we’re bringing it back to the default 8s since the new spawning influencers are active.
We hope you're able to jump on and give it a shot. Please let us know what you think, and most importantly, have fun!
Amazing! Oddball all day
I personally think Oddball on Truth or Regret mix well.

Oddball and The Rig- Empire- Fathom or Coli do- though.

This post has been hidden.

Unknown wrote:
Oh no... I think Oddball is a good playlist for social but definitely not for competition. What is the competitive aspect of someone taking the ball and sit on a corner ? Moreover every game of oddball ends up in a nade festival which is boring.
Its always been a competitive game mode since old Halos. Glad they added it !
Sounds like a awesome time to me!
I hope they will add more maps with oddball. Not just only Eden and Truth (My hate maps...).
Thruster pack is fine, but I disagree with the 2 hit melee for the ball carrier
Sounds like a good time. I'll give it a shot!
Stoked it’s back hopefully they add the rig aswell !
More maps for Oddball, remove Slayer from the playlist, add the Assault mode, include every developer created map, and rename the playlist Team Objective.
Sounds great!
Awesome to know that you are listening to our wishes.
Can't wait to try it and to see how it plays out.
Unless a map supports the option to play the ball, it shouldn't even be considered for the gametype. Oddball on truth is awful!
Glad to see some love being given to Halo 5 still. Keep up the great work!!
Unyshek wrote:
Hey all - we just wanted to give you some good news before the weekend kicks off!

We've added Oddball to the Team Arena playlist! As you may remember, it received some extra love and attention in the content update that came out earlier this month. (Read up on it here!) Right now, we're featuring it on two maps in the playlist – Eden and Truth. These maps were chosen because they're competitive balance fits Team Arena well, but also because they can provide insight as to how the spawning changes will affect gameplay at the highest level of competition on such different maps (symmetrical & asymmetrical maps).

Additionally it's worth noting that we updated Oddball settings, and that these new settings are also reflected in Custom Games. The changes were made to ensure Oddball would be fit for ranked gameplay, and can be seen below:
  • Oddball and Oddball FFA have been updated to share the Oddball HaloWC carrier traits. This means that the Ball Carrier can Thrust, must land two melees to get a kill, and now has 90% movement speed.
  • The Oddball HaloWC respawn time has been decreased from 10s back to 8s. The respawn timer was increased to 10s a few months back due to spawning complaints, but we’re bringing it back to the default 8s since the new spawning influencers are active.
We hope you're able to jump on and give it a shot. Please let us know what you think, and most importantly, have fun!
Ewww. Good luck ever getting a Smooth Moves medal now lol. I liked it in H4 when you didn't need an actual Triple Kill with it but rather only 3 kills lol. Oh well. I personally have been a fan of objective melees being OHK, but I guess times are changing.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Thruster pack is fine, but I disagree with the 2 hit melee for the ball carrier
Agreed. You’re always down a man when fighting the team without the ball, al least leave the melee useful.
I asked these questions in the April 9th Matchmaking Feedback thread, but I haven't received a response so I thought I'd try here too since it relates to the Oddball mode. I'm curious about what the early data and feedback is regarding the Oddball mode since it got re-introduced to matchmaking via Team Arena? Has the spawn influencer related to the ball been working as intended? Could we see more developer created maps be given the Oddball mode so that it's not just Eden and Truth? Are any further changes being considered to the game-type setting such as going back to a one-hit kill for the Oddball holder or are you satisfied by the current settings?
Unyshek wrote:

Not sure if this matters to you or not, but Ballsassinations are bugged. We earn one type for the bomb and one type for the Ball, but I don't think either record in the accumulated medals for our accounts. It used to work before Oddball was released but now neither worked when you deleted the old Ballsassinations medal with the bomb (although in game we still get it?) And the oddball one gives a different icon but doesn't record.
Unyshek wrote:

90% movementspeed and 2 hit for melee, please shoose one all of the fun is gone. No one is walking just camping and 3 teammates constantly kill you...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3