1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Cool to have things freshened up a bit, even though oddball has been in H5 a few times, at least it isn't stale.
Too bad team arena matches a diamond 1 solo player with a champ 17 searching with his team after waiting 3 minutes on focused. Thats what you have to deal with if you want the chance of playing oddball in the only playlist its available in. Thanks 343
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Oddball playing good on all maps except Eden.
Is oddball the game type where most people quit before it starts?
Must be, any figures for it?
Unknown wrote:
Oh no... I think Oddball is a good playlist for social but definitely not for competition. What is the competitive aspect of someone taking the ball and sit on a corner ? Moreover every game of oddball ends up in a nade festival which is boring.
I agree with this.
Unknown wrote:
Oh no... I think Oddball is a good playlist for social but definitely not for competition. What is the competitive aspect of someone taking the ball and sit on a corner ? Moreover every game of oddball ends up in a nade festival which is boring.
I disagree.

Anyone who thinks oddball is just "sit in a corner with the ball" either A) isn't very good at the game and are playing very low skill level people (no offense anyone) and/or B) has never played or watched Oddball at a high level in my opinion. It's VERY competitive. Watch the pros or high skill level people play it. They rarely just sit there.

One could easily argue that strongholds isn't competitive or KOTH, but again anyone who plays at a high level or watched pros play it would never say that.
Unknown wrote:
I disagree.

Anyone who thinks oddball is just "sit in a corner with the ball" either A) isn't very good at the game and are playing very low skill level people (no offense anyone) and/or B) has never played or watched Oddball at a high level in my opinion. It's VERY competitive. Watch the pros or high skill level people play it. They rarely just sit there.

One could easily argue that strongholds isn't competitive or KOTH, but again anyone who plays at a high level or watched pros play it would never say that.
I'm with you Dead End. Slayer, CTF, Strongholds/3-Plot, 1-site Extraction, Oddball, Ricochet, and KotH are all basically solid competitive 4v4 modes, but each requires their own tweaks to ensure that they can be played in ideal fashion at the highest levels. For instance, with Oddball it required the mode to receive a spawn influencer that acknowledged the location of the ball itself before it played well at the highest levels. This didn't mean that the mode (Oddball) wasn't a decent enough competitive mode for those at lower levels of skill -- it only meant that a problem became apparent as the skill level increased and the spawn influencer simply improved the competitiveness of the mode for all the tiers. Another example is that the developers and the competitive community don't want a CTF mode that's pretty much impossible to return a flag or where it's too easy/quick to capture either; thus, map design to include size and pathing, the return rules and timer, as well as the capture rules and the player spawn timer end-up influencing how well the mode can play competitively. I could have included the Elimination type modes in there too if I had wished to expand on solid competitive 4v4 modes, but in the end it, more often than not, simply boils down to the map and settings around the basic objective to ensure a particular mode can play at an ideal level for all the tiers of player skill. A mode and it's settings are best tested by the highest levels of player skill to ensure no problems become apparent.
I disagree.

The problem with competitive Oddball in Halo 5 is the Advanced Mobility which makes it easier for killed players to get back into the fight, unlike previous Halos where this wasn't possible thus forcing the Ball Carrier to move closer to where teammates are spawning. A possible fix would be to disable Spartan Charge/Ground Pound and increase the recharge time on the Thrusters. That should slow down the players thus forcing the carrier to move around.
Lit i love playing oddball
I love oddball xD
yes 343 it can be cool
Love it.
addball!! my favorite mode
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Remove Slayer from Team Arena please!
ZacBum wrote:
Remove Slayer from Team Arena please!
Why? It's a pretty big core component of the game and it feels like Team Arena is meant to encompass what HCS does.
KayMrt wrote:
Why? It's a pretty big core component of the game and it feels like Team Arena is meant to encompass what HCS does.
I agree as Team Arena has always encompassed multiple game types especially Slayer, so it makes perfect sense that it is in there as well as the HCS variants.
In my opinion it is a play list that ne would have to be in sand, since the games depend a lot on whether you come with equipment or individually, sometimes it is difficult to recover the ball when the enemy team has possession of it and have communication
MaNemUmar wrote:
Unless a map supports the option to play the ball, it shouldn't even be considered for the gametype. Oddball on truth is awful!
Preach
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3