Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Players Constantly Leaving The Game

OP SoundestCube730

Ok, so I love to play Arena (and Warzone), more specifically Team Arena. BUT I hate hate HATE that every other game I play, someone LEAVES! It is a guaranteed lost 3 vs 4 in CTF, Strongholds and usually Slayer. I want a game I can get onto without having to lose the game because someone left. It also seems to me that no one ever leaves the opposing side, at least no where near the amount that I lose players. I went four games in a row today that my team lost a player. What is with people leaving so constantly?? Especially right in the middle of close games! Or when we have an AFK kid who gets booted immediately we still don't get a player for the rest of the match like what the heck. All I want is an even game. I went to play free-for-all for the first time and two people left during the middle of the game! It is freaking free-for-all! You are not even dependent on teammates and you still left when no one was trailing by more than three. Fix this please, I want a fair fight.

EDIT
Right after I posted this I played Team Arena, and guess what, a player left. FML
It's summer break. Kids are now playing more, which usually means more irritating stuff like this. I'm not saying kids are exclusively to blame, also not saying all kids do this behavior, but it certainly spikes.
It's summer break. Kids are now playing more, which usually means more irritating stuff like this. I'm not saying kids are exclusively to blame, also not saying all kids do this behavior, but it certainly spikes.
Yeah, I've definitely noticed it more often than I did during the winter. But it's like why are you always leaving! There are kids that leave like 10 seconds into the game and we are just doomed.
I'm all up for a challenge. But I second this. I don't like being in a match that there's no chance to win. I think I would hate it less if it didn't effect my playlist rank so much. No matter how good I play, it only takes a few losses to go from upper tiers to mid. My rank shouldn't reflect other people's -Yoink- gaming ethics.
Since connection loss is a big issue there is a chance that they might have lost connection.
Definitely frustrating when this happens and it "turns the tides" of the game.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yeah, that happens to me very often. I played 4 matches yesterday and at least 1 player left my team.
When people leave that's usually the reason why I'm stuck in the mid tier csr.
I'm at a point of quitting because the online matchmaking is -Yoinking!- -Yoink-. I'm sick of playing swat games and being pitted against one or more unranked onyx player that's getting like 30 kills a match because he's playing people way below his skill level.

This late in the month and I still have teams of unranked players. Balanced didn't work. Focused worked for a day or two. I want a way to filter out unranked players unless I'm also unranked. Because right now it feels like onyx players have found to take advantage of the system and gang up on casual players. If I lose a game when all 8 players are similarly ranked fine... usually at least it's a close one. When I lose 50-20 because there's basically onyx players in disguise then -Yoink- it. As much as I hate quitters, when I see the other team up 20 kills it's usually because of that and what's the point in finishing the match? What I should stay in and let him kill me more so he can pad his K/D on what's basically easy mode for him?
I believe a lot of these issues are connection related, I get dropped from alot of games just as the match ends, losing any xp and req points I should have recieved.
Team Arena is cursed by it - why bother playing objective games to then just leave after 2 min? I have no friends anymore who play this game so I'm stuck going random.
People leave my game when we are leading! It is like wth dude? Thanks for nothing! Why the heck are you going to join a game and lose when we are freakin WINNING
People leave my game when we are leading! It is like wth dude? Thanks for nothing! Why the heck are you going to join a game and lose when we are freakin WINNING
Think about it dude. Quit while winning? That's obviously a connection issue. Blame these crappy ISP's and servers.
tH3M4niAx3 wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

This is very true^^^
All I'm saying is that I should not be losing CSR because one of my teammates left and it cost me to lose the game! It is absolute garbage! Stay in the freaking game and be a man about it. At least try to win instead of giving up in the first minute.
I've noticed a SURGE in Team Arena drops over this weekend... never played so many 4v2 games in my life... I'm no Sherlock Holmes but seeing all these level 14 and below players, I think its safe to assume that this is "free play plague". If they don't actually own the game, they don't care about leaving, and the Ban Hammer isn't really a deterrent for them. Can't wait till the Free play is done.
And it goes back to business as usual.
All I'm saying is that I should not be losing CSR because one of my teammates left and it cost me to lose the game! It is absolute garbage! Stay in the freaking game and be a man about it. At least try to win instead of giving up in the first minute.
Forgive my opinion, but expecting little kids (yes little kids) to "be a man about it" is a bit unrealistic. Many of them are still learning to be mature about taking a loss, even the ones in their twenties. It's more of a 343 issue. Losing CSR because of a loss caused by a quitter is another constant complaint I see here. And quitting is a pretty often recurring problem. It's totally unfair and adds insult to injury. Playing a 3v4 or 2v4 could be more of a fun challenge if it wasn't for that sinking feeling you get immediately upon finding out you'll probably rank down after another loss. Put the entire CSR loss on the quitter, where it belongs. (Or does it belong with 343 who's servers caused a random disconnect?) I've made constructive posts proposing logical fixes for this, as have others, in multiple threads, yet nothing changes. If anything, the free week introduced another wave of new quitters. And then people wonder why posts to 343 stop being positive.
well there is no fix for this really i mean if you remove the quit option they can just quit the game from the xbox dashboard,all they can do is bann them usually a 1 or 12 hour bann depending on how much you quit.
well there is no fix for this really i mean if you remove the quit option they can just quit the game from the xbox dashboard,all they can do is bann them usually a 1 or 12 hour bann depending on how much you quit.
You are correct that there is no fix for quitting. Quits and disconnects are an unfair part of the game that can't be stopped. But there are two consequences when someone quits. The first is the fault of the quitter (if we are to believe 343 that their servers are impeccable and constant complaints we hear about random disconnects are on the players end), and that is that the remaining players must struggle through an uneven match that usually results in a loss, especially in CTF and Strongholds. The blame for the second rests with 343, and that is when the remaining Spartans, loyal to the concept of team play that 343 has tried so hard to promote, must take a hit to their rank through a loss of CSR (as well as most of their other in game, recorded stats). This loss belongs directly with the quitter, or quitters, since it often has a snowball effect. I'm not suggesting the losers gain CSR, just not lose it. I mean come on. It's so easy. They want to promote the idea of team play, yet when people quit the team they don't get the full consequences. Then they punish the players who tough it out for their team. It makes no sense. Placing the negative CSR solely on the quitters would probably do more to discourage quitting and encourage remaining players to finish the game than the ban hammer currently does. People just play their alt accts until the ban is up. 343 knows this too. I understand it from their end though. A solid fix like this would just raise bigger issues. If innocent players lose 65-80 CSR every time the crappy server poops on them there will be a huge outcry. If they can't quit a map they have played 3 or 4 times in a row without the same penalty because the rotation is broken they might just quit playing. Now they just whine about their ban a little and play a smurf for a bit. Game goes on. I get it.