Ok, so it's a new season, got my connection fixed, played my first 10 ranked games. I played with randoms. Did well but many losses and quitters so I got ranked at gold 2. Came on the next day and just annihilated people. Win after win after win up to just a smidge before platinum 2.
Came on the next day, played 5 games. Quiters and smurfs, lost 4 out of 5 games. Knocked me down to halfway through gold 6.
Next time I come on, I had just lost my plat 1 previous game. I won, nothing, won 2 games, no movement, won 3 games, still not there, won 4 and finally just crossed plat one again. Won 3 more games, progress bar barely moved. Lost the game after that, back down to halfway through gold 6....again. I more than made up my losses by almost double, and one loss put me much much lower again.
How is this possible? Had some great games too! Went positive, several double kills. I played really hard. Why is one loss soooooo heavy a penalty, and it takes 4-5 wins just go up a tiny bit? This season I have far more wins than losses, far more kpm per game, far more psotives... I just dont get it. It's frustrating to where I dont want to play anymore and Infnite is a long long ways off. Please explain!
Also, what is the advantage to so many people quitting more than halfway through the game? Been seeing it. Alot.
Play 37 games so far this season. Won 26, lost 11. If that helps. Won 6 straight before my one loss that brought me way down again. It just doesnt make sense.
All about the average strength of the enemy team and if you're "supposed" to beat them.

If you win when the system perceives you should win, your csr gain is minimal. If you lose when you should win, your csr loss is substantial.
All about the average strength of the enemy team and if you're "supposed" to beat them.

If you win when the system perceives you should win, your csr gain is minimal. If you lose when you should win, your csr loss is substantial.
Exactly this, but how the system calculates who "should" win is a black box, leading people to be confused. That being said, it needs to remain a black box because if it was clear then Smurf accounts could more easily manipulate the system and ruin it for everyone.
KayMrt wrote:

Exactly this, but how the system calculates who "should" win is a black box, leading people to be confused. That being said, it needs to remain a black box because if it was clear then Smurf accounts could more easily manipulate the system and ruin it for everyone.
Much information has been provided by Josh Menke and the TrueSkill-Through-Time/TrueSkill v2.0 white papers. It's not as much of a black box as people make it out to be.
eLantern wrote:
KayMrt wrote:

Much information has been provided by Josh Menke and the TrueSkill-Through-Time/TrueSkill v2.0 white papers. It's not as much of a black box as people make it out to be.
For sure, I'm just also not going to read a whitepaper on a game that says "win and rank up" at its core, haha.
I’ve read somewhere that the enemy team’s CSR affect your gain/loss in CSR, or where you’re placed I guess?
In the past I’ve been placed in a platinum for winning 5 matches and losing 5 while this season in slayer, even though I got 60% wins I was placed in gold 6, which I guess is due to me losing matches against plats and diamonds.
I guess this is why the CSR system kinda make sense and works(?) It’s certainly not perfect as it doesn’t look at your performance, you may get 49 kills for your team and lose and cause you to drop down. But I guess we’ll have to make do with it.
Ranking systems can be very frustrating and many times it seems they don't evaluate our skill as we think they should. A lot of esports pros say that getting better is a process, and few people - if any - can jump up very quickly without practice. Just keep grinding and reflecting on your performance and you'll improve!
So this is a topic of frustration for many players. When I started playing H5 I was about a low gold rank. I now am an onyx player in slayer and have ranked champion multiple times in the latter span of my halo 5 ranked life.

I have come to understand that there are thre critical factors that determine your placement rank and how quickly you ascend or descend the ranks. You want to have high kills, high assists, and low deaths. Some consider the influential stat in this case to be kpm, or kills per minute. Your kda ultimately influences your (MMR), which is a hidden figure used to determine your ascension or descension through your visible(CSR) rank (Bronze 1 through Champion 1).that the ranking system is a closely guarded 343 secret, we may never know exactly how everything works.

But if you want to rank up quickly each consecutive season, you're gonna have to cut down your deaths. If you get a -Yoink- ton of kills and maintain low deaths consistently, you'll lose very little csr when you lose a game due to teammates who perform poorly.