[Locked] Proving Grounds - Official Feedback Thread

OP Unyshek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 35
Hey all! Now that Proving Grounds is live, we wanted to spin up a thread for you to discuss your experience in the playlist. Feel free to leave feedback on the new radar, maps, gameplay, and any other thoughts you have. We're here to listen!

If you'd like to learn more about Proving Grounds and the new radar, you can read up on it in last week's Community Update here on Waypoint. Here are the maps and modes you'll be able to find in Proving Grounds:
  • Slayer on Eden
  • Slayer on Plaza
  • Slayer on Coliseum
  • Slayer on Regret
  • Slayer on Empire
  • Slayer on The Rig
  • CTF on Coliseum
  • CTF on Fathom
  • CTF on Truth
  • CTF on Tyrant
  • CTF on Torque
  • Strongholds on Mercy
  • Strongholds on Overgrowth
  • Strongholds on Eden
  • Strongholds on Plaza
  • Strongholds on The Rig
Jump in and let us know what you think!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This motion tracker adds a new element to halo 5. This game mode changed the way I move around maps. The way that the ability to move with out spartan abilities was odd but fun. but something I did notice is that when you clamber it doesn't show you on the motion sensor and that would change the way we move even more and that's good! I think it should stay it was awesome. Thx 343;)
-Chewbaci
For me i do not want the motion tracker to change at all. If it changes then it makes the point of crouching almost pointless. I think a compromise should be made were there is a game mode with this motion tracker available but the current version is applied throughout the game.
I loved the new motion tracker system. Great idea! I agree with the new feature.
After playing it, I think the radar should be sprint only. If you can't hear a spartan charge next to you, a ground pound charging above you, or someone shooting next to you, you shouldn't be given their position for free. Stabilize is needed for jumps so I think it shouldn't be included. I like the idea of having something to play mind games with the radar so I think sprint should stay and also to catch one-shotters who shouldn't get away for free. I'm happy with the removal with non-sprint movement showing up as it allows for flanks and the other removals I suggested would help too I think.
Now that we walk more, I'd like the movement speed to be raised by 10% or so. It would help strafes as well. I saw someone mention this idea in a Twitch chat.

I should add that a youtuber I watched for tips and tricks said that 343 said that the walk speed was a bit slow because of the sprint mechanic. So again, I think bumping the walk speed up by 10% would be great. If anyone here is from Halo 3 they might remember how nice of a little improvement the 10% boost made for MLG.
I think there should be a playlist where there is no sensor like in major league or the ranked playlist in Halo 3. I like the compromise in general but I miss not having a radar. Other multiplayer games that are fast paced and without radar are fine so my feeling is that it wouldn't be too chaotic even with Spartan abilities. At least put it out as the next Proving Grounds test please!
It's cool how they put the radar back to 25m, but only showing gun fire and Spartan Abilitys makes the game feel less like Halo. In other words, it doesn't work well at all and it takes away from one of the best features of the Halo franchise.
Okay, I have played my requisite 10 games. I am by far from an expert, but I have played Halo with the standard motion sensor since Reach; and I am of the mindset that competitive Halo should have none at all. I was very excited to try this out. Even the slightest change is welcome.

I found that as a solo player I was able to flank a lot easier. I don't do a lot of sprinting anyway so the fact that regular walk does not show up on the motion sensor is a big plus.

These settings will make for an added need for communication in the higher tiers and that is a good thing. I think that these settings however should not be added to all playlists. Only keep it to Team Arena. Thank you for the changes. So far I am really enjoying them.
Just cannot have fun with it. The lack of walking on the motion sensor leads to more close-quarters, surprise encounters, which means ARs, SMGs, and the worst offender Storm Rifles are excessively used. (Whos going to walk around with a precision weapon whenever someone can pop up 7 foot from you with an auto?)

Also, I don't believe the flag carrier shows up on radar, which can actually be quite annoying because they can traverse the map just as easily as I can without being caught. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

With that said, I think its a noticeable plus that there isn't as much "running around corners and going for SC" as there was, mainly because you can see them on the sensor and stay back out of range. I think this is a definite upside

I may not have enough playtime (just a few games), but I just don't find the constant CQC battles along with excessive auto use very fun. If my opinion changes as I get more games in I'll change this too.
RyInfinity wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Why not just post feedback normally when you have played instead of trying to appear on top of everybody elses posts lol
So when I first played I liked the idea it was 25 meters in the radar which is good more strategy to use. Now the only bad thing is that you can now walk without being shown on the radar or the regular Spartan fast walk without sprinting. It's basically made sprinting useless now because all my team did was the fast walk and they couldn't see us coming and we thought it was a little ridiculous. Along with that sprinting won't be used unless you are retreating but you will more than likely die still. Also players do not have to crouch now in order to sneak you can just plain out walk fast and not be shown and kill players which makes crouching now pointless pretty much because it was made for not being shown on rradar and to sneak. So overall radar increase is good but the regular moving should be shown on the radar so you atleast have a fighting chance because not everyone has super sonic hearing or headsets to hear it. So these are my thoughts. So if we fix the bad it should be good!
Personally from a non bias opinion I like the changes to the maps including stasis. The little lifts are a good addition. Also the rock ledge on tryrant. In regards to the radar I feel in terms of competitive play that there should be no radar at all. Also the question of autos. I dont think they should be banned altogether I think they should be pick ups such as having a storm rifle or an smg placed on the map. But at the same time having the radar also changes the game in a significant way which for example having the radar as it is in the proving grounds puts a greater emphasis on team set ups as you have to be weary of the sneaky flank plays that can happen. Im not totally against the radar i think both have there advantages and disadvantages. Obviously a lot of competitive players would like no radar and no autos but from a growth point of view trying to make the game adapt to more players is important too
I just finished my placement matches, 4 as a team of 2 and last 6 solo queuing. I absolutely love the new radar! Encountering multiple opponents and being able to out maneuver them with superior movement and awareness is so much more enjoyable than having a radar pinging your every move unless you just give up and crouch in a corner. This radar absolutely punishes people for sprinting around "willy-nilly" and does an amazing job of balancing the spartan abilities capability to get you close to the action while ensuring you don't get too close too quickly without putting yourself in harm's way. In my opinion, this new radar adds additional layers of nuance to the game play in a GOOD way.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Okay, I have played my requisite 10 games. I am by far an expert, but I have played Halo with the standard motion sensor since Reach; and I am of the mindset that competitive Halo should have none at all. I was very excited to try this out. Even the slightest change is welcome.

I found that as a solo player I was able to flank a lot easier. I don't do a lot of sprinting anyway so the fact that regular walk does not show up on the motion sensor is a big plus.

These settings will make for an added need for communication in the higher tiers and that is a good thing. I think that these settings however should not be added to all playlists. Only keep it to Team Arena. Thank you for the changes. So far I am really enjoying them.
i think team arena should be the only gametype in the game. specially because you play slayer 90 percent of the time anyway lolol

but as for the radar, i love it. it keeps people from sprinting around like mad man!, it gives the game actually flow and pacing,

and to be honest, not showing up on the radar when walking, really goes to show you how busted ALWAYS showing up is, in my opinion, the radar should be used as a reference(something you glance on) and i for one, would love to see this in all playlist (even though team arena and social TA) are all i really play.
So when I first played I liked the idea it was 25 meters in the radar which is good more strategy to use. Now the only bad thing is that you can now walk without being shown on the radar or the regular Spartan fast walk without sprinting. It's basically made sprinting useless now because all my team did was the fast walk and they couldn't see us coming and we thought it was a little ridiculous. Along with that sprinting won't be used unless you are retreating but you will more than likely die still. Also players do not have to crouch now in order to sneak you can just plain out walk fast and not be shown and kill players which makes crouching now pointless pretty much because it was made for not being shown on rradar and to sneak. So overall radar increase is good but the regular moving should be shown on the radar so you atleast have a fighting chance because not everyone has super sonic hearing or headsets to hear it. So these are my thoughts. So if we fix the bad it should be good!
1 just because you have to be smarter with your sprint, doesn't make it useless
and 2, a useless sprint, means a useless spartan charge.

always showing up on the radar, is a crutch, that this game doesn't need, this new radar proves that, be aware of your surroundings and you will do just fine. you shouldn't have to have your eyes peeled to the radar in order to navigate through the map or have game sense of where someone will be.

the radar should be a reference. not a need.
getatme94 wrote:
1 just because you have to be smarter with your sprint, doesn't make it useless
and 2, a useless sprint, means a useless spartan charge.

always showing up on the radar, is a crutch, that this game doesn't need, this new radar proves that, be aware of your surroundings and you will do just fine. you shouldn't have to have your eyes peeled to the radar in order to navigate through the map or have game sense of where someone will be.

the radar should be a reference. not a need. I see where you are coming from but they shouldn't be changing it up so much. This isn't cod it's halo. It needs to stay how it is. This is my opinion because I like it for this reason radar requires strategy and thinking like chess.
Pretty irritating that you removed snipers to add this. That was a pretty popular playlist. Not happy!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 35