OP Unyshek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 35
I absolutely love these new settings. I've noticed that gameplay has slowed down for the better. Players are making smarter and move strategic plays. I hope that eventually this playlist will adopt the map and playlist rotation of Team Arena before or shortly after the 2017 Halo World Championship.
I have had a blast with this playlist. The radar change has done nothing but good for the game. I solo qued all 10 placements+2 extra games, and it was still a positive experience. Except for a couple of quitters. But to balance that, I got a game in with Ghostayame :D .

I dont think this playlist made crouching useless.
Obviously the crouch strafe is still effective, and the fact that you can change your hitbox is useful in those 49-49 situations.

The maps are interesting too. I thought it was just team arena with the new settings. But turns out the dlc maps were given another chance. I think its smart, because some of the maps play different with the new radar. I havent played enough to give a good analysis on them, but its a good change to the ones that i played. Heck, it made Overgrowth bearable. (just barely tho)

My only qualm with it is that headphones and mics may be an issue. Headphones have always given players that have them an audio advantage. Mics have given people that have them an essential use for competitive Halo(callouts). While I did hate how the old radar gave you so much information, it did help for solo que playing against teams. So for that reason I have to recommend a mic for ranked. Id recommend it in old radar too, but now it seems more essential.

Overall i had so much fun with the new settings. It might be my go to playlist (since my other two favs got removed recently :[ ). I applaud your use of a test playlist as well, and cant wait for any future use of Proving Grounds. Ya did good 343
Not even going to play proving grounds honestly. The radar has been so useless for so long I have become accustomed to ignoring it by now. Also this "only Spartan abilities" show up is lame. So no need to crouch walk or any thing you don't show up normal walking. I wish 343 would tell us why they felt a need to make changes to the radar to begin with. It's changes for the sake of changes that don't even make sense.
Just finished playing the new proving ground playlist and from i have seen and learned,its actually better than the normal radar.I hope that this new radar becomes the actually arena radar in all playlists.Its just way better then the 18m radar that we are all used to playing with in arena,and it also makes spartan abilitys less effective which is a good thing for halo.
LethalQ wrote:
Not even going to play proving grounds honestly. The radar has been so useless for so long I have become accustomed to ignoring it by now. Also this "only Spartan abilities" show up is lame. So no need to crouch walk or any thing you don't show up normal walking. I wish 343 would tell us why they felt a need to make changes to the radar to begin with. It's changes for the sake of changes that don't even make sense.
They explicitly said they made the test due to competitive player feedback, and I agree. Radar has no place in ranked play, 343 refuse to scrap it so instead they're trying to minimize its use to an extent while opening up new ways to play IE slowing down the pace which I throughly enjoy quite a bit.

Don't understand how you can not even give it a try and then say croutching is pointless when you're wrong. It still hides you from sight as it always has, people still mix it in with their strafes, and it still gives weapons less recoil and the like.
LethalQ wrote:
They explicitly said they made the test due to competitive player feedback, and I agree. Radar has no place in ranked play, 343 refuse to scrap it so instead they're trying to minimize its use to an extent while opening up new ways to play IE slowing down the pace which I throughly enjoy quite a bit.

Don't understand how you can not even give it a try and then say croutching is pointless when you're wrong. It still hides you from sight as it always has, people still mix it in with their strafes, and it still gives weapons less recoil and the like.
Because normal walking should show up on the radar as it always has. There was no need for any changes to the motion detector. If they want to remove it or change it for the ranked or even "pro" play then fine. But if they want to please more players some aspects should stay the same. There was nothing wrong with a 25 meter radar where all movement, except crouch walking, and shooting shows up
I've played about four games so far and I am loving it. At first I was highly against it (as I indicated in another thread), but after actually playing it, it's a lot of fun. I'm curious how this would work in BTB and Warzone.

So far, I believe this radar system should definitely be incorporated into the rest of ranked matchmaking at the very least. Well done.
I wanted to say that I liked the change, but I just don't. I've just noticed people not wanting to even bother try walking around the maps now. Game play has just slowed down, and is rather stale.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Because normal walking should show up on the radar as it always has. There was no need for any changes to the motion detector. If they want to remove it or change it for the ranked or even "pro" play then fine. But if they want to please more players some aspects should stay the same. There was nothing wrong with a 25 meter radar where all movement, except crouch walking, and shooting shows up
"As it always has" isn't a reason if it can improve the game tho. This test so far has slowed the pace, making BMS show up just means people will go right back to sprinting. Ill also add that "if" this test gains traction my best bet is it'll only go towards the team arena playlist because of where the feedback came from to begin with. If it's only for team arena then there's no need to please other players as it's not for them, they can keep the other radar that has been there since launch.

thing is, if there was nothing wrong with the other setup, they wouldn't wouldn't be doing this test to start out with, but people have complained about the radar since launch, some for certain reasons, others for different reasons.

Personally if this radar actually makes it to team arena it'll be an extra spark on getting me to play this game again/more as it changes much if my dislikes and makes things more tolerable. The pace is slowed down, Spartan charge becomes easier to see coming, makes people have to think more tactical on their movements, encourages more callouts (and I'm a team guy) and makes certain parts of different maps actually traversable that weren't viable before.
Uuv wrote:
I wanted to say that I liked the change, but I just don't. I've just noticed people not wanting to even bother try walking around the maps now. Game play has just slowed down, and is rather stale.
So how is gameplay getting slowed down if people aren't using the BMS?
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

"As it always has" isn't a reason if it can improve the game tho. This test so far has slowed the pace, making BMS show up just means people will go right back to sprinting. Ill also add that "if" this test gains traction my best bet is it'll only go towards the team arena playlist because of where the feedback came from to begin with. If it's only for team arena then there's no need to please other players as it's not for them, they can keep the other radar that has been there since launch.

thing is, if there was nothing wrong with the other setup, they wouldn't wouldn't be doing this test to start out with, but people have complained about the radar since launch, some for certain reasons, others for different reasons.

Personally if this radar actually makes it to team arena it'll be an extra spark on getting me to play this game again/more as it changes much if my dislikes and makes things more tolerable. The pace is slowed down, Spartan charge becomes easier to see coming, makes people have to think more tactical on their movements, encourages more callouts (and I'm a team guy) and makes certain parts of different maps actually traversable that weren't viable before.
As it always has... Well neither will improve the game IMO... They changed it for the sake of change and now are trying to change it again. Why not have a test of how it was to begin with?

Also I am a FFA player. Quitting is to rampant in the 4v4 playlist so I don't waste my time with 4v4 anymore.
I absolutely love these new settings, it has a better way to play, more strategic and even with necessary more teammate.

nice! :)
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

As it always has... Well neither will improve the game IMO... They changed it for the sake of change and now are trying to change it again. Why not have a test of how it was to begin with?

Also I am a FFA player. Quitting is to rampant in the 4v4 playlist so I don't waste my time with 4v4 anymore.
How is it changing for the sake of change if people are asking for it? While no one specifically asked for this kind of change they're at least willing to try something new, plus they said it's only a test, no guarantee it'll pass unless enough people like it with good given reasons. It's still to early to really pass a judgement since it's only been one day out of the month but I have hopes for it, and given time we'll (the people trying it out) find more positives/negatives that this offers. I don't think it's a suitable radar for the entire game tho, it'll be a liability in certain modes and still ignores an actual improvement to the base game. Right now it's really only got a shot for TA.

"Why not have a test of how it was to begin with? " do you mean the original radar like the beta had? I'm not to sure why they aren't testing it out, it's what people seemed to have originally wanted to start out with.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

How is it changing for the sake of change if people are asking for it? While no one specifically asked for this kind of change they're at least willing to try something new, plus they said it's only a test, no guarantee it'll pass unless enough people like it with good given reasons. It's still to early to really pass a judgement since it's only been one day out of the month but I have hopes for it, and given time we'll (the people trying it out) find more positives/negatives that this offers. I don't think it's a suitable radar for the entire game tho, it'll be a liability in certain modes and still ignores an actual improvement to the base game. Right now it's really only got a shot for TA.

"Why not have a test of how it was to begin with? " do you mean the original radar like the beta had? I'm not to sure why they aren't testing it out, it's what people seemed to have originally wanted to start out with.
Who was asking for the motion detector to be shortened? Who asked for them to make only Spartan abilities to show up if they return it to the original 25 meters? All I ever saw was people asking for them just to to return it to 25 meters and no other changes.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Who was asking for the motion detector to be shortened? Who asked for them to make only Spartan abilities to show up if they return it to the original 25 meters? All I ever saw was people asking for them just to to return it to 25 meters and no other changes.
But that's only one group, you also have a group that wants radar completely gone, this test is more or less going halfway across that bridge for them. It still keeps radar but makes it less snowballing or gives the effort at least.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

But that's only one group, you also have a group that wants radar completely gone, this test is more or less going halfway across that bridge for them. It still keeps radar but makes it less snowballing or gives the effort at least.
But that is what I don't get. Why change the motion detector when you can just offer a playlist with no radar. They are trying to "balance" something that never really needed balancing to begin with... Of course it's just my opinion. No matter what they do I will probably still ignore the radar. Easier to use sound now really.
My question would be this... So if they go with the new 25m motion detector where only Spartan abilities show up and shooting does that mean in say warzone firefight AI will never show up unless they shoot.... Sounds hella lame.
Proving Grounds Feedback

Radar:
  • The new radar drastically improves gameplay across the board: individual players can make stronger plays via movement, creativity and out-thinking their opponents, defensive camping has received a heavy nerf, and stealth plays and flanks are at the forefront of gameplay. Additionally, players are more incentivized to walk to create stealth, which slows down the gameplay to be more predictable and reminiscent of classic Halo. I felt like I was playing a Classic-Halo version of Halo 5 and I loved so much of it.
  • Ideally, this Radar should be applied to all playlists that contain "Core" Arena Gameplay: Team Arena, Slayer, FFA, Multi Team, BTB, etc. (Vehicles show on radar), etc. In a perfect world, I'd prefer this radar to exist across the entire game but I could understand the reasoning behind keeping Vanilla Radar in Campaign and Warzone.
  • I think the current combination of items that appear (Shooting, Stabilizing, Sprinting, etc.) and don't appear (Walking, Clamber, etc.) on radar is a next-to-perfect alteration without having to remove the radar entirely. It feels like a natural evolution of Halo's motion tracker that hasn't seen a much-needed balance change for 15 years. You guys are doing the right thing by making these changes, don't let people convince you otherwise :)

Torque:
  • New Weapon Set = Solid, Good Stuff
  • Pistons Changing at Halftime: This is a really cool concept, and was actually my suggestion when Torque came out. I really like the Yard Pillars rising but I think that the Top Mid/Bottom Mid opening should remain static throughout the match.
  • "Elevator" Pillars: These are a really, really bad idea. The scripting is not only laggy and clunky, but is very jarring especially when you drop down from the Streets. You are already able to jump from the "Dropdown" upwards to the Street, so I don't really see any need for the Elevator to exist. If these were just a static opening to jump up and down from, they would be great (and they are vital to the maps flow)
Tyrant:
  • The new geo from Light to Attic is a solid upgrade, but looks a little ugly
  • The rest of the map still suffers from a bad weapon layout (Use the Doubles variant as a base, Scattershot has to go for a map that close-quarters). The new Splinter location and the new BR locations are pretty good though.
  • New Flag Locations are solid

Mercy:
  • If Mercy Strongholds is going to be tested in the future as a competitive gametype, it needs to be reformatted. The Top Mid Stronghold is extremely gimmicky. A better suited layout would be as such
  • Top Red, Top Blue, Bottom Mohawk (B Extraction?) or...
  • Bottom Red, Bottom Blue (Sightlines from Open -> Carbine), Top Mowhawk/Closed Ramp
  • Additionally, Sniper weapons feel awkward in Strongholds gametypes, consider a new option.
  • Furthermore, I honestly feel as if Mercy Slayer would be a better option than Mercy Strongholds, you would just have to get rid of the SAW. Mercy's Doubles variant is an EXCELLENT starting point, but it would be cool to see a Sniper in 4v4 play.

Additional Notes:
  • Empire Slayer was A LOT of fun. I can't say with 100% certainty that it would be optimal for competitive play but it definitely didn't seem as hectic due to people having more incentive to walk rather than Sprint. Give this more testing.
  • Overgrowth Strongholds is always refreshing but I still don't think the weapon layout is as good as it could be. Grenade Launcher in Plaza seems nice though. Will play more to get more of a feel for it.
LethalQ wrote:
My question would be this... So if they go with the new 25m motion detector where only Spartan abilities show up and shooting does that mean in say warzone firefight AI will never show up unless they shoot.... Sounds hella lame.
That's the thing tho, I honestly don't think this radar would make it past team arena as it's a liability in other modes. Do you by chance follow quin on twitter? Could probably ask him. He has given the impression that if they do move this radar to anything it's for team arena/ranked and has even said it's "anti-casual". I don't think they'd use it in stuff like fire fight, fiesta, customs, etc etc.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

But that is what I don't get. Why change the motion detector when you can just offer a playlist with no radar. They are trying to "balance" something that never really needed balancing to begin with... Of course it's just my opinion. No matter what they do I will probably still ignore the radar. Easier to use sound now really.
As for this: I don't know either. One crowd wants a bigger radar, another wants it gone. I'd personally rather they remove it in ranked modes or TA at the least while giving the bigger radar for the other players in everything else. All I can say is I prefer this test radar over the current one if they must keep a radar in play.
LethalQ wrote:
That's the thing tho, I honestly don't think this radar would make it past team arena as it's a liability in other modes. Do you by chance follow quin on twitter? Could probably ask him. He has given the impression that if they do move this radar to anything it's for team arena/ranked and has even said it's "anti-casual". I don't think they'd use it in stuff like fire fight, fiesta, customs, etc etc.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

As for this: I don't know either. One crowd wants a bigger radar, another wants it gone. I'd personally rather they remove it in ranked modes or TA at the least while giving the bigger radar for the other players in everything else. All I can say is I prefer this test radar over the current one if they must keep a radar in play.
That's just the thing though. 343 has yet been able to cater to both play styles. They seem to operate on one or the other.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 35