3. 30
  4. 31
  5. 32
  6. 33
  7. 34
  8. ...
  9. 35
Please 343 can you listen to me?
I have tried to get my voice heard from 343i for while now and I really want to help you as I care for this arising problem. For the past few games(over two days-as I post this) I have not been able to get a proper game in as I have either had every one in my team leave me or I have had everyone else in the opposition leave, or, I have been put up against onyx to diamond players when I am ranked as gold 3-as I post this. One suggestion to fix this could just to be able for people to join mid way through games (This could be an search preference or setting that can be turned off for players that don't want this feature).PLEASE fix this as I am not enjoying myself playing Halo 5 anymore as much as I love Halo! Otherwise I love the new motion tracker it works well and I think that it would be interesting to see it in BTB and it makes t feel more like I'm playing a halo game. So I live it.

Please take my points on board as I have tried for ages now to get proper feedback directly to YOU!
Thank you :)
Please 343 can you listen to me? I have tried to get my voice heard from 343i for while now and I really want to help you as I care for this arising problem. For the past few games(over two days-as I post this) I have not been able to get a proper game in as I have either had every one in my team leave me or I have had everyone else in the opposition leave, or, I have been put up against onyx to diamond players when I am ranked as gold 3-as I post this. One suggestion to fix this could just to be able for people to join mid way through games (This could be an search preference or setting that can be turned off for players that don't want this feature).PLEASE fix this as I am not enjoying myself playing Halo 5 anymore as much as I love Halo! Otherwise I love the new motion tracker it works well and I think that it would be interesting to see it in BTB and it makes t feel more like I'm playing a halo game. So I live it.

Please take my points on board as I have tried for ages now to get proper feedback directly to YOU!Thank you :)
Join In Progress won't ever be utilized in Ranked games to remedy quitting because the reason most people quit games is because they're getting stomped by the other team. There are very few people, after joining a game, who would be willing to stay just to be guaranteed a loss. They'll quit soon after realizing it's a lost cause. You can see this in effect all the time in Social and Warzone games. It won't be any different in Ranked, and actually people would have more issue with JIP in ranked games (if they're joining the losing team).
Please 343 can you listen to me? I have tried to get my voice heard from 343i for while now and I really want to help you as I care for this arising problem. For the past few games(over two days-as I post this) I have not been able to get a proper game in as I have either had every one in my team leave me or I have had everyone else in the opposition leave, or, I have been put up against onyx to diamond players when I am ranked as gold 3-as I post this. One suggestion to fix this could just to be able for people to join mid way through games (This could be an search preference or setting that can be turned off for players that don't want this feature).PLEASE fix this as I am not enjoying myself playing Halo 5 anymore as much as I love Halo! Otherwise I love the new motion tracker it works well and I think that it would be interesting to see it in BTB and it makes t feel more like I'm playing a halo game. So I live it.

Please take my points on board as I have tried for ages now to get proper feedback directly to YOU!Thank you :)
Join In Progress won't ever be utilized in Ranked games to remedy quitting because the reason most people quit games is because they're getting stomped by the other team. There are very few people, after joining a game, who would be willing to stay just to be guaranteed a loss. They'll quit soon after realizing it's a lost cause. You can see this in effect all the time in Social and Warzone games. It won't be any different in Ranked, and actually people would have more issue with JIP in ranked games (if they're joining the losing team).
I wonder if Join-in-Progress would be fair in ranked if the joining player didn't receive the game as a loss when their/if the team they joined did lose?

Or perhaps if losses counted for less for the rest of the team if one of your team quit.
Artecide wrote:
I wonder if Join-in-Progress would be fair in ranked if the joining player didn't receive the game as a loss when their/if the team they joined did lose?

Or perhaps if losses counted for less for the rest of the team if one of your team quit.
It kinda gets tricky attributing wins/losses and CSR hits/gains to a player that joins a game, namely because you have no clue at what point in the game that player is going to wind up joining in. Ideally, they'd have to join somewhere early in the match because, depending on the game type, matches could be over in less than 6 minutes. Swat games I've played have concluded in 4-5 mintues, Slayer games usually around 6-8 minutes. So by the time they get in the game, they have a chance to be helpful (or bring you down more). And this isn't even taking into consideration if that player actually helps your team.

So the most ideal situation, to me, is a team who lost a player (or two or three) taking less of a CSR hit. There would probably be a lot of factors that would need to be determined to calculate just how much CSR the team would lose, but for the most part, it would also depend on when the player or players quit.
I agree that losing because you're on a team with less members should impact your CSR less; to be honest I assume (I hope) that's already the case.

I think we desperately need a forfeit option as well. I hate being forced to continue playing a game where it's 2v4 (and I say forced because if I quit, I'll get banned.)
So I tried the proving grounds playlist and it felt pretty good. The ability tracker at first glance felt like it should be in Halo but then I noticed that I couldn't see people moving unless they used an ability. This means that crouching is pretty much pointless now because as it is you don't make much noise in Halo and the only uses for it were keeping off the radar and crouch jumping. I have got a list below of what I think should appear on the tracker...
  • Walking, sprinting and sliding
Sprinting is already on there but walking isn't. Walking has always been a part of the tracker's sensing capabilities since Halo CE and it should continue like that. Sliding is faster than sprinting so it makes sense (not sure if that's in there).
  • Thruster pack, spartan charge, ground pound (initial and in-progress), and those other abilities...
These are obvious :)
  • Stabiliser
It should not be tracked but it should make as much noise as the thruster pack over a longer period of time while dampening the sound over time.
  • "Teabag Walking"
When people crouch and uncrouch really quick to move as fast as walking and stay off the radar... (total scumbag move). Should be tracked; would be hard to make it work though. Pretty much makes no penalty to trying to stay off the radar...
I agree; walking should absolutely appear on the motion tracker. It wouldn't be much of a "motion tracker" otherwise.

343i really went overboard with the changes to the motion tracker. All they need to do was increase the range to 25m like it was in every Halo game before Halo 5, and then it would be fine. For the vocal minority who are asking for the motion tracker to be removed entirely, they should just make a separate Ranked playlist without the motion tracker, like Slayer Pro. Halo 3 had an MLG playlist that was just that.
I like this new map setup but why do I always get the new players on my team.? Like I always carry and we still lose. I go all the way to plat 5 and then I start going back to gold 6 like really why..
343i really went overboard with the changes to the motion tracker. All they need to do was increase the range to 25m like it was in every Halo game before Halo 5, and then it would be fine. For the vocal minority who are asking for the motion tracker to be removed entirely, they should just make a separate Ranked playlist without the motion tracker, like Slayer Pro. Halo 3 had an MLG playlist that was just that.
Couldn't agree more!

Among many issues I have with Halo 5, the perversion of core game mechanics such as nerfing the Radar is the main one.

When you nerf the Radar by 7 to 13 meters (depending on whether you are experienced with Halo 3 or Halo 4) then you drastically change how people navigate the battlefield -- which is not a good thing! Since Halo 2 players have trained themselves to rely on the radar; glancing at it frequently for warnings - when you take a complete 180° like 343i have and then tell us to stop relying on the Radar in Halo 5, you invalidate and destroy the years of skillset we built playing previous Halo games, which kills our enjoyment of the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People tell us that we need to "adapt" as well, do they consider that it's not that we can't adapt; it's that we don't enjoy the gameplay adaptation for various reasons:

• I don't like constantly having to turn around to check my back (like some sort of paranoia) to check if someone is about to Sprint into me or Spartan Charge me - I liked when my radar removed the tedium of constantly checking my back, by warning me when someone was nearby.
  • I don't like being forced to wear a gaming headset with surround sound if I want to know where people are (having to listen carefully for footsteps.) I liked when my radar did that.
  • I don't like team communication being mandatory for success. If the other team happens to have mics and you don't, you will almost be guaranteed a lose. Because the radar is weaker, team call-outs are extremely more important -- and guess what, no one bloody talks in matchmaking! A good radar alleviated this problem.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can live with the some of new additions (such as Clamber and Thrusters) because I see their benefits, and it's fairly easy for historic players to adapt to - but Halo 5 has pushed the boat too far out with changes such as the Radar nerf, Unlimited Sprinting, Spartan Charge, and Ground Pound.

What makes the Radar even worse is unlimited Sprinting; everyone sprints constantly meaning their distance covered by movement is greater, and the time they are visible on the radar is therefore much lesser.
Artecide wrote:

That's a idea, maybe 343i should try it out on proving grounds-seeing though that's what the playlist is for.
Artecide wrote:

That's a idea, maybe 343i should try it out on proving grounds-seeing though that's what the playlist is for.
Match making system is broken! I have had games now where I am still gold 3 and I am playing f-ing champions and high onyx players! WTF?? Please sort this out 343 PLEASE!🙏
Match making system is broken! I have had games now where I am still gold 3 and I am playing f-ing champions and high onyx players! WTF?? Please sort this out 343 PLEASE!🙏
I was in the same social game as Onyx and Champion players with Spartan ranks of like 140+ the other day. =(

And I'm SR40ish with a max CSR of Platinum 3... Pretty mediocre player being put in the same games as elite-tier players.

Your situation is extra sucky because you were in ranked, but it also feels pretty bad in social when you just wanna chill out and play people your own skill level, but then get that type of match up
Personally I dislike the ability tracker especially in game modes like CTF because if I'm carrying the flag I can't see if someone is behind me or coming up in me which renders my ability to react. I generally think proving grounds is a good idea but the ability tracker is to me not Halo
So Ive played a few games of PG and Ive came to the conclusion that the Abillity Tracker is 343s attempt at trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak, the 2 complaints ive noticed for this new AT is SAs dont show on radar and competitive players want radar removed. Now with Obj Gametypes this AT works IMO as the win isnt based on slaying but in Slayer gametypes it feels like a game of Search and Destroy from CoD as alot of players resort to camping rathar than map controlling. I feel the best way to deal with these 2 complaints would be, Buff the current radar to have Spartan Abilities show up and maybe a distance increase, and for the competitive player reintroduce a MLG playlist that has radar removed.
I played a game of No Radar CTF yesterday with Proximitty Cx and it played great as callouts were essential and the game was more team focused, it made better with just pistol starts as well.

These are just my thoughts guys if you agree then great and if you dont please dont bother flaming.
I don't like this new radar. The new range it's ok, but I don't like that i can't see the normal run of enemies on radar. Too many kills with automatic weapons and assasination...it's really irritating...i can't check all corners always. Suggestion: you can see spartan abilities on the long range (25m) but not the normal run; on the short range (10m) you can see the normal run too. In this way we can solve the both problems (the spartan abilities and the invisibility on radar).
I really like the new style radar, i think its much better for competitive settings and adds a much more free flowing dynamic to this game. Please make this a permanent playlist and use these settings for the HCS.
Personally I dislike the ability tracker especially in game modes like CTF because if I'm carrying the flag I can't see if someone is behind me or coming up in me which renders my ability to react. I generally think proving grounds is a good idea but the ability tracker is to me not Halo
I know where you are coming from and i think the idea with the proving grounds radar is to apply it to a single tournament settings/competitive playlist like the H3 MLG playlist or team throwdown in H4 etc. It would be a bad idea for this to be implemented across the board but a great idea for a competitive playlist.
I know where you are coming from and i think the idea with the proving grounds radar is to apply it to a single tournament settings/competitive playlist like the H3 MLG playlist or team throwdown in H4 etc. It would be a bad idea for this to be implemented across the board but a great idea for a competitive playlist.
True I could see that but just not across the board me and some of my friends were discussing this and I figured I'd say what our conclusion was that while proving grounds is a good idea the radar being like that across all game modes would be a terrible decision
So I tried the proving grounds playlist and it felt pretty good. The ability tracker at first glance felt like it should be in Halo but then I noticed that I couldn't see people moving unless they used an ability. This means that crouching is pretty much pointless now because as it is you don't make much noise in Halo and the only uses for it were keeping off the radar and crouch jumping. I have got a list below of what I think should appear on the tracker...
  • Walking, sprinting and sliding
Sprinting is already on there but walking isn't. Walking has always been a part of the tracker's sensing capabilities since Halo CE and it should continue like that. Sliding is faster than sprinting so it makes sense (not sure if that's in there).
  • Thruster pack, spartan charge, ground pound (initial and in-progress), and those other abilities...
These are obvious :)
  • Stabiliser
It should not be tracked but it should make as much noise as the thruster pack over a longer period of time while dampening the sound over time.
  • "Teabag Walking"
When people crouch and uncrouch really quick to move as fast as walking and stay off the radar... (total scumbag move). Should be tracked; would be hard to make it work though. Pretty much makes no penalty to trying to stay off the radar...
I agree; walking should absolutely appear on the motion tracker. It wouldn't be much of a "motion tracker" otherwise.

All good points especially the idea of the Slayer pro, maybe another thing to try out in proving grounds?
Either regular radar or no radar. This is an inbetween that gives a lazy way out to be stealthy.
After playing this more and more, I like it a lot, but at the same time it just feels like a giant tease to the old Hardcore Halo settings that had no radar at all...

Also when it comes to the spartan abilities being tracked, I think auto stabilizing shouldn't be shown on radar because it can make for some sneaky jumps.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 30
  4. 31
  5. 32
  6. 33
  7. 34
  8. ...
  9. 35