2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 35
So far I've been finding this change fairly enjoyable for the competitive aspect of the game, but there are obvious drawbacks with it such as how the invisible power up is ridiculously overpowering and if you're not sporting an awesome audio system/headset the audio ques for out-of-sight approaching opponents is not helpful.

For the Camo I'd suggest altering the lowest level version of the invisible power up, which I assume is what's used within arena, so that just walking around makes it so you're not as invisible as you currently are which in-turn should bring back the need to crouch walk or stand still for more or less a true stealth advantage.

Not sure what to suggest for the other drawback, but my initial thought would be to provide some active tracking of basic movement at an amount around 5 meters.

To note: I still don't think this is a change to be implemented across the board.

EDIT: I discuss a different potential hybrid of the Abilities Tracker and the Motion Tracker in a later feedback response that I believe would be an ideal modification. It can be seen here.
eLantern wrote:
Overall, very much enjoying this change, but the invisible power up is ridiculously overpowering now. I'd suggest altering the lowest level version of the invisible power up so that just walking around makes it so you're not completely invisible and in-turn bringing back the need to crouch walk for a true stealth advantage.

To note: I still don't think is a change to be implemented across the board, but yes for all Ranked playlists and perhaps some Social ones too. Leave radar as is for Warzone and specific Social ones.
The invis functions like it did before tho, there is nothing different about it to make it have a different effect on this radar version. You're still fully cloaked when croutched and slightly appear more when moving at BMS and showing much more when sprinting.
I'm not a fan of this I played 15 or so games last night and the amount of times I've backed into some one or been assassinated/beat down is way too much. I think you should be on radar when walking around, please don't remove this because I didn't agree with the change I don't want to get banned again.
Do you know why you backed into people or why people got away with assassinations more? This is what I mean when I say people rely off radar to much, they lack awareness to pay attention when it's removed or changed.

at the least I'd like this to stick to TA if it gains traction.
WHZY wrote:
Clamber shouldn't be radar.
Its not. Too many very basic jumps require it so it doesnt show.
I get far too many kills simply because I "walked" and someone else sprinted. Absolutely zero skill involved. They simply pressed 1 button, and I didn't. So cheesy for top level play to have to deal with this.

Turn radar off and let the teams with the best awareness/communication thrive.
I fail to see the problem. Its not about the button press, its about the decision making. You made a better decision in those cases to choose stealth over speed and had the advantage.

Previously, there was no decision to be made. Since walking and sprinting showed on radar, might as well sprint and at least be faster.

Now youre forced to make an interesting choice. Should i get there fast, or get there a little slower and not show on the slightly larger radar? You have more options for escaping spawn traps, contesting strongholds, running flags etc. As people play more the meta will develop.
Why is the "Proving Grounds" playlist ranked? The playlist was meant to only be a new playlist used to test players to see if they're satisfied with the slight changes that 343 Industries made with the motion sensor, not as another playlist for hardcore Halo players to get another really high rank in Arena matchmaking. And why is it that all of a sudden, we get a playlist to try out the core features that have changed, over 17 months after Halo 5's release? If 343 Industries wanted to add new playlists in Arena that we want, not playlists that didn't gain attention from the majority of Halo 5's population, or playlists only meant for good players, then why did they not realize this when they stopped having playlist being removed and added after only a few days to a week? The fact that they removed playlists like FFA Swat, Rocket Slayer, Shotty Snipers, and the old version of Breakout is not fair to many people, because many of them, including me, don't want to accept constant changes in the game, and not have to deal with repeatedly getting used to the game's core features like modifications to spartan abilities and slight changes in weapon and power-up spawns. Playlists like Mythic Shotty Snipers, an HCS playlist possibly, or even a playlist where players can play nothing but what they want, then why didn't they do it ever since people started playing Halo 5?
The thing with the base speed not appearing on radar, it gives players more incentive to move... H5's maps are SO campy with all of the segmented portions of each map, funneling players through small doors where can easily be occupied without any means of the other player knowing.

Campers cannot abuse the radar for free kills anymore, in these cases. That's one of my biggest issues with the game... the way the map design lends itself to campy gameplay. This radar minimizes these scenarios.
I'd argue that it's the complete opposite.

When I can't see people on the radar I tend to move around the map a lot less, because I have less knowledge of where people are. i.e. I camp a lot more.

But when I can see more people on the radar, I feel more confident about moving, so I camp a lot less.

This is why I much prefer the wider range on the radar, and being able to see everyone moving (unless they're crouching/walking slowly.)

Camping has never been a big issue in Halo games imo. Of course you'd always get the one jackass camping with a Shotgun but they've always been the noobs that are easy to handle with a grenade. I actually think camping on Halo 5 is a lot harder as well because even though the maps have more corners and segmentation, there's also not that much protective cover, and grenades seem to be slightly stronger (i.e. better at dealing with people in tight spots.)
I'm really enjoying the increased range of the radar so far!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The things I like:
  • It's so much easier to make informed decisions in matchmaking because I have a better view of where both my own team, and the enemy are, on the radar.
  • I'm noticing that I'm able to move around the level more confidently instead of having to watch my back like some sort of paranoia.
  • It feels like any battles I get into, the winner is based on who is better with a gun rather than who sees who first
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The things I would like to be improved:
  • Show people who are running on the radar.
At the moment, it seems like only Spartans who are using Spartan Abilities or Sprinting/moving fast are showing on the radar.

This makes crouching kinda pointless. I feel like it would be better if base movement speed also showed on the radar as well.

The only time I shouldn't see people on the radar is when they're sneaking (crouching or walking slowly.)Spartans sprint at like 35MPH; this means even if they run half as fast as they sprint they still move pretty fast; it's something that should show on the radar.

Basically, this would make the radar more similar to its prime in previous games like Halo 3 and 4 - where it showed everyone unless they were sneaking (crouching or walking slowly.)

And on a final note, the radar should never be removed or nerfed in Halo. It's wrong to listen to a select group of 'hardcore' players over the long term veterans/fans of the franchise. If people want to play with a nerfed radar, then that was what the MLG playlists were for.

When I buy into a franchise I expect to see the gameplay be very similar to previous games but with slight improvements. I don't expect to be told to stop relying on the radar in Halo 5, when in every other mainstream multiplayer Halo game, I have been encouraged to rely on it - which is a complete 180°.

Thanks 343i!
I get far too many kills simply because I "walked" and someone else sprinted. Absolutely zero skill involved. They simply pressed 1 button, and I didn't. So cheesy for top level play to have to deal with this.

Turn radar off and let the teams with the best awareness/communication thrive.
you are complaining, about playing the game smarter then someone else? sprinters are supposed to be at a disadvantage compared to someone who has their gun up at all times. that's logical.

"turn radar off and.." watch the team who spartan charges the most win.

i barely check my radar, but even i know. with the inclusion of spartan charge, you need to show that a spartan is sprinting. as sprinting is not as loud as lets say a ground pounding charge up.

only turn the radar off if you turn off/take out spartan charge, spartan charge alone is good enough reason to keep the radar on.
I'm not a fan of this I played 15 or so games last night and the amount of times I've backed into some one or been assassinated/beat down is way too much. I think you should be on radar when walking around, please don't remove this because I didn't agree with the change I don't want to get banned again.
Do you know why you backed into people or why people got away with assassinations more? This is what I mean when I say people rely off radar to much, they lack awareness to pay attention when it's removed or changed.

at the least I'd like this to stick to TA if it gains traction.
this guy knows whats up!, as i said earlier, use the radar as a reference, not the end all be all and getting shot in the back/assassinated won't happen as much i promise. i honestly think, ALWAYS showing up on the radar, reinforces the crutch that is the "motion sensor"

this,in my opinion, and looking back on older halo games, feels like the most natural radar. even more so because of sprint being present.

because not only is it the orginal length (25M, which gives you more then enough time to react to a sprinting spartan) it also slows the game down for the better because, while it is still quick, it is more in line with older halos in terms of match flow.

it tracks threats, (sprinting, ground pounds, and shooting) a walking/jogging spartan in my opinion, is not a big enough threat that he/she HAS to show up at all times. because the long ttk gives you enough time to think if he shoots you from 19-25M
eLantern wrote:
The invis functions like it did before tho, there is nothing different about it to make it have a different effect on this radar version. You're still fully cloaked when croutched and slightly appear more when moving at BMS and showing much more when sprinting.
Before, an invisible person walking around showed up on people's radars. And it's worth noting that the invisible level or transparency level is pretty dang good at keeping someone hard to see at a walking pace which is why I'm saying it should be balanced better now that people don't show up on radar when walking around. I suggested making the basic level Camo (Camo 1 and what I assume is used within Arena) less transparent when walking around because it would force users to sacrifice their mobility speed if they wanted to truly use it's stealth benefit effectively just as was the case previously (aka crouch walking). Anyways, just recommending a minor tweak to provide it some better balance within the game-play.
Why is the "Proving Grounds" playlist ranked? The playlist was meant to only be a new playlist used to test players to see if they're satisfied with the slight changes that 343 Industries made with the motion sensor, not as another playlist for hardcore Halo players to get another really high rank in Arena matchmaking. And why is it that all of a sudden, we get a playlist to try out the core features that have changed, over 17 months after Halo 5's release? If 343 Industries wanted to add new playlists in Arena that we want, not playlists that didn't gain attention from the majority of Halo 5's population, or playlists only meant for good players, then why did they not realize this when they stopped having playlist being removed and added after only a few days to a week? The fact that they removed playlists like FFA Swat, Rocket Slayer, Shotty Snipers, and the old version of Breakout is not fair to many people, because many of them, including me, don't want to accept constant changes in the game, and not have to deal with repeatedly getting used to the game's core features like modifications to spartan abilities and slight changes in weapon and power-up spawns. Playlists like Mythic Shotty Snipers, an HCS playlist possibly, or even a playlist where players can play nothing but what they want, then why didn't they do it ever since people started playing Halo 5?
In order to properly assess any potential changes like this you need to have an idea of how it will effect all levels of play when people are playing against other of their own skill. in social there is no striation as everybody is mixed together so this would be impossible. As a brand new playlist with no prior MMR to place people, its going to get you some wild matches but that will even out over the course of testing.

Also, its IMPOSSIBLE to release a game that is perfectly balanced with no needed changes on the first try. As players get used to the game and discover how to use and abuse its mechanics and weapons things change and need to be accommodated for. The fact is A LOT of people have been asking for something like this to be tried since the game launched. This isn't a new idea. Its great that its being tried now, but it should have been tried right off the bat. The fact that it took a long time to give it a shot, doesn't mean that its not worth giving a shot.
Apoll0 wrote:
More power to Spartan Charge, bloody brilliant!

If you're trying to use the new radar settings to your advantage by walking and not sprinting in matches, then sprinting Spartans will just charge you in a second and finish you off with three rounds from ANY weapon. Besides Spartan Charge (nerf the -Yoinking!- thing already) I like the radar change. But when you're trying to work with it by not sprinting, Spartan Charge gets a ridiculous edge at anything but long range. I can't see myself backing these changes without changes to Spartan Charge.
I think you mean less??

Sprinting and spartan charge show on the old radar and new radar. The old radar was 18 meters and the new is 25 meaning you have 7 extra meters of warning if someone is sprinting to charge you. Whether or not you are sprinting yourself has no effect on your ability to dodge a spartan charge since you primarily do that with thrust which can be used immediately regardless of what speed you are already moving.
The radar range matters little in corridors, corners and other small, inside spaces. The advantage in a close-quarters environment always goes to the sprinter.
Apoll0 wrote:
More power to Spartan Charge, bloody brilliant!

If you're trying to use the new radar settings to your advantage by walking and not sprinting in matches, then sprinting Spartans will just charge you in a second and finish you off with three rounds from ANY weapon. Besides Spartan Charge (nerf the -Yoinking!- thing already) I like the radar change. But when you're trying to work with it by not sprinting, Spartan Charge gets a ridiculous edge at anything but long range. I can't see myself backing these changes without changes to Spartan Charge.
I think you mean less??

Sprinting and spartan charge show on the old radar and new radar. The old radar was 18 meters and the new is 25 meaning you have 7 extra meters of warning if someone is sprinting to charge you. Whether or not you are sprinting yourself has no effect on your ability to dodge a spartan charge since you primarily do that with thrust which can be used immediately regardless of what speed you are already moving.
The radar range matters little in corridors, corners and other small, inside spaces. The advantage in a close-quarters environment always goes to the sprinter.
The radar helps in any situation where a person is approaching you from behind or from anywhere you can't directly see them

So it does still help a lot even in tight spaces - it can also forewarn you about ambush

Now if only Base movement speed also showed on the radar then it would be perfect
Im loving the new radar at the moment! I just have a few questions....does it show you people on the radar who run or climb? Cause it def should.
No offense devs but if I wanted a radar like that I would go and play cod. The radar system makes me feel like I'm playing a completely different game. If people want this radar system, it should stressfully be only and strictly in for a specific playlist only, not for all game types, which would make the game less enjoyable for others. So I would find it better for it to stay in only one playlist or not at all to keep the game halo.
Im loving the new radar at the moment! I just have a few questions....does it show you people on the radar who run or climb? Cause it def should.
only when you sprint, not sure about clambering/climbing
No offense devs but if I wanted a radar like that I would go and play cod. The radar system makes me feel like I'm playing a completely different game. If people want this radar system, it should stressfully be only and strictly in for a specific playlist only, not for all game types, which would make the game less enjoyable for others. So I would find it better for it to stay in only one playlist or not at all to keep the game halo.
If the new radar showed all people moving (except for crouching/slow walk) it'd be just like a Halo game should be!! :)
getatme94 wrote:
only when you sprint, not sure about clambering/climbing
Agree - it should show running and climbing; not just SA and Sprint
Does it really matter if it's like CoDs if it still makes the game play better? Not sure where you get CoD from anyways since you don't show up on radar anyways when you move.
After playing all my placement rounds and getting gold 6, i can honestly say, I love this new radar. I'm more of a support player so this new radar allows me to strafe and move in positions i wouldn't have been able to before, without being noticed, until im ready. Hope we see more changes like this in the future!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 35