Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Proving Grounds - Official Feedback Thread

OP Unyshek

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 35
No offense devs but if I wanted a radar like that I would go and play cod. The radar system makes me feel like I'm playing a completely different game. If people want this radar system, it should stressfully be only and strictly in for a specific playlist only, not for all game types, which would make the game less enjoyable for others. So I would find it better for it to stay in only one playlist or not at all to keep the game halo.
Does it really matter if it's like CoDs if it still makes the game play better? Not sure where you get CoD from anyways since you don't show up on radar anyways when you move.
in cod, you only show up, when you double jump (jetpack) or shoot, he is comparing that to in halo where you only show up if you, sprint, shoot, or use an ability (i.e ground pound)

seeing how you show up when you sprint, which in call of duty does not happen. that alone makes this different then cod, as you still show up more then you would in call of duty. so still feels like halo's radar to me
I will try to leave as much unbiased feedback as I possibly can. I started playing today. The first issue that I have is that this is a ranked playlist even though its just a test. Because its ranked you just kind of want to take it seriously. Although thats not really a bad thing and doesnt really matter much. Anyways....

The first match I played was Slayer on Plaza. It wasnt the same. I and others cared to much about showing up on the radar versus not showing up. There was less sprinting as we tried to avoid showing up as much as possible. This led to some interesting situations where I could stand next to an enemy player and wouldn't be noticed at all. The person would be fighting someone on my team and just not notice me coming at all. This also changed how people threw grenades somewhat. For example, 2 people are fighting. One person runs away because their health is low. They hide behind a corner and a grenade is thrown at them. They die. Now you no longer know if they are actually there or not. Maybe they just casually walked away. You wouldnt know the difference. Basically it just meant that grenades were thrown less in these situations because you didnt know if they were there or not.

Regret was the map for my second slayer match. This one was different. The enemy team actually didnt seem to care and just sprinted anyways. This didnt always happen. At one point my teammate was in a firefight and didnt notice another guy standing right next to him. The enemy was just moving with him trying to figure out how to kill him I guess.

Strongholds on Plaza. This one was different. Generally when the match starts both teams spawn on different sides of Yard. For the most part we walked into an ambush. They were there, they threw grenades, we didnt know we were there, and they captured Yard. I am not sure if its just because it was Strongholds and people really wanted to defend their bases, but there was much more sprinting. A lot more rushing around. A lot more radar use. I am also not sure if the radar really would have helped here. Would we have avoided Yard had we known they were there? Maybe, but maybe not. Either way my stronghold matches are almost always one sided and this one was no different. Even with the changes.

CTF Truth. This was just weird. It is entirely possible to walk from one side of the map and back without ever being noticed. That much has always been true. Its now even easier. You are noticed less because even with the flag in your hands you dont pop up on radar. Maybe it was just the team we were playing against. 2 captures though ended up being someone on my team just casually walking to the enemy side, taking the flag, and walking back. No real fighting was done.

I would do and list 10 games, but that would take up a lot of space. Plus I just wanted to get one each for the game modes. For the most part the pace of the games were about what they would be if nothing had changed. Maybe its because I am generally a Gold/Platinum player? Our games are very different when compared to those of you at Onyx/Champion or even Diamond probably. Overall there were few noticeable differences except for the fact that people on different teams wouldnt always notice they were standing next to each other. Other than that it didnt mean much. It made it somewhat easier to move around I suppose. This would all probably mean more with an actual team.

I still see this being a problem with those that are looking for less competitive game modes. Just please keep this away from Social and Warzone. Again this is probably just me but I dont enjoy being used a testing dummy for your much more competitive fanbase or HCS teams. Unless there is another reason for why the rader needed to be changed? Keep Social and Warzone the way they are now and there is still something for everyone. This doesnt change the fact that some would like to see modes without Spartan Abilities but that came with the game. At least we knew they would be in the game when we purchased it. Not added months later. Like I said though maybe this is all just me. This would also mean that the Advanced Sensors would need changing as it currently does what this new radar does. Honestly I like that halo is different from other games. While the radar is not the biggest difference its certainly a noticeable one and I honestly prefer the one we have basically had this entire time.
No offense devs but if I wanted a radar like that I would go and play cod. The radar system makes me feel like I'm playing a completely different game. If people want this radar system, it should stressfully be only and strictly in for a specific playlist only, not for all game types, which would make the game less enjoyable for others. So I would find it better for it to stay in only one playlist or not at all to keep the game halo.
I definetly agree with you and I am not the only one, I have friends that I tried the playlist with and we were saying the same stuff as you. Us veterans don't heavily rely on getting beatdowns to win the match.
This radar is basicly a buff to melees and automatic weapons because of how easy it is to close distance.
It makes active camo less useful since everyone will not appear on the radar while walking. how are you supposed to react to someon with a shotgun(or smg) that just walked around the corner? It makes using nades to damage them befor them going around the corner impossible since you don't know that they are there.And for the people saying that this radar makes you have more awarness of your surroundings how are you supposed to see behind you or even hear them when you have your team chat on top of the game chat with nades exploding and weapons being fired. I was diamond 1 in proving grounds but then i left a game because of the way the enemy team was playing which was camping with scattershot and Needler on the rig which deranked me to platnum 6 and that radar made me quit ( not get disconnected tho) my first game ever and I am level 146 . Looking behind you makes you vulnerable from the direction you where previously looking at so if there was someon that was right about to show up in front of you and you turn your back to check that you are not being followed you will get screwed. I really hope 343 doesn't implement this radar for halo 6 nor for ranked arena nor for social or warzone if the pro players want no radar 343 can just make the championships whit out any like the previous championships in previous halos I mean why are people suddenly asking for a radar change when no one complained about it in past games and saying that this radar makes the game feel more like classic halo even tho classic halo SHOWED YOU WHERE YOU WERE ON THE RADAR WHEN YOU WALKED.
I will try to leave as much unbiased feedback as I possibly can. I started playing today. The first issue that I have is that this is a ranked playlist even though its just a test. Because its ranked you just kind of want to take it seriously. Although thats not really a bad thing and doesnt really matter much. Anyways....

The first match I played was Slayer on Plaza. It wasnt the same. I and others cared to much about showing up on the radar versus not showing up. There was less sprinting as we tried to avoid showing up as much as possible. This led to some interesting situations where I could stand next to an enemy player and wouldn't be noticed at all. The person would be fighting someone on my team and just not notice me coming at all. This also changed how people threw grenades somewhat. For example, 2 people are fighting. One person runs away because their health is low. They hide behind a corner and a grenade is thrown at them. They die. Now you no longer know if they are actually there or not. Maybe they just casually walked away. You wouldnt know the difference. Basically it just meant that grenades were thrown less in these situations because you didnt know if they were there or not.

Regret was the map for my second slayer match. This one was different. The enemy team actually didnt seem to care and just sprinted anyways. This didnt always happen. At one point my teammate was in a firefight and didnt notice another guy standing right next to him. The enemy was just moving with him trying to figure out how to kill him I guess.

Strongholds on Plaza. This one was different. Generally when the match starts both teams spawn on different sides of Yard. For the most part we walked into an ambush. They were there, they threw grenades, we didnt know we were there, and they captured Yard. I am not sure if its just because it was Strongholds and people really wanted to defend their bases, but there was much more sprinting. A lot more rushing around. A lot more radar use. I am also not sure if the radar really would have helped here. Would we have avoided Yard had we known they were there? Maybe, but maybe not. Either way my stronghold matches are almost always one sided and this one was no different. Even with the changes.

CTF Truth. This was just weird. It is entirely possible to walk from one side of the map and back without ever being noticed. That much has always been true. Its now even easier. You are noticed less because even with the flag in your hands you dont pop up on radar. Maybe it was just the team we were playing against. 2 captures though ended up being someone on my team just casually walking to the enemy side, taking the flag, and walking back. No real fighting was done.

I would do and list 10 games, but that would take up a lot of space. Plus I just wanted to get one each for the game modes. For the most part the pace of the games were about what they would be if nothing had changed. Maybe its because I am generally a Gold/Platinum player? Our games are very different when compared to those of you at Onyx/Champion or even Diamond probably. Overall there were few noticeable differences except for the fact that people on different teams wouldnt always notice they were standing next to each other. Other than that it didnt mean much. It made it somewhat easier to move around I suppose. This would all probably mean more with an actual team.

I still see this being a problem with those that are looking for less competitive game modes. Just please keep this away from Social and Warzone. Again this is probably just me but I dont enjoy being used a testing dummy for your much more competitive fanbase or HCS teams. Unless there is another reason for why the rader needed to be changed? Keep Social and Warzone the way they are now and there is still something for everyone. This doesnt change the fact that some would like to see modes without Spartan Abilities but that came with the game. At least we knew they would be in the game when we purchased it. Not added months later. Like I said though maybe this is all just me. This would also mean that the Advanced Sensors would need changing as it currently does what this new radar does. Honestly I like that halo is different from other games. While the radar is not the biggest difference its certainly a noticeable one and I honestly prefer the one we have basically had this entire time.
i feel for social, they need to up the radar to 25m that is no matter what!, 18 is abysmal for a game that has spartan charge in it, but make sure we show up at all times is fine, but ke keeping it just to team arena, ranked, with the new modifications would be fine.

the biggest thing for me is the return of 25m
No offense devs but if I wanted a radar like that I would go and play cod. The radar system makes me feel like I'm playing a completely different game. If people want this radar system, it should stressfully be only and strictly in for a specific playlist only, not for all game types, which would make the game less enjoyable for others. So I would find it better for it to stay in only one playlist or not at all to keep the game halo.
I definetly agree with you and I am not the only one, I have friends that I tried the playlist with and we were saying the same stuff as you. Us veterans don't heavily rely on getting beatdowns to win the match.
This radar is basicly a buff to melees and automatic weapons because of how easy it is to close distance.
It makes active camo less useful since everyone will not appear on the radar while walking. how are you supposed to react to someon with a shotgun(or smg) that just walked around the corner? It makes using nades to damage them befor them going around the corner impossible since you don't know that they are there.And for the people saying that this radar makes you have more awarness of your surroundings how are you supposed to see behind you or even hear them when you have your team chat on top of the game chat with nades exploding and weapons being fired. I was diamond 1 in proving grounds but then i left a game because of the way the enemy team was playing which was camping with scattershot and Needler on the rig which deranked me to platnum 6 and that radar made me quit ( not get disconnected tho) my first game ever and I am level 146 . Looking behind you makes you vulnerable from the direction you where previously looking at so if there was someon that was right about to show up in front of you and you turn your back to check that you are not being followed you will get screwed. I really hope 343 doesn't implement this radar for halo 6 nor for ranked arena nor for social or warzone if the pro players want no radar 343 can just make the championships whit out any like the previous championships in previous halos I mean why are people suddenly asking for a radar change when no one complained about it in past games and saying that this radar makes the game feel more like classic halo even tho classic halo SHOWED YOU WHERE YOU WERE ON THE RADAR WHEN YOU WALKED.
yes, the classic radar showed where you were when you walked, but the fact that people aren't sprinting nearly as much, means the new radar, makes the game feel more like classic halo. not showing up when you walk, is not a big deal, it just means you, yourself, have to be more aware. and can't rely on the "motion tracker" to hold your hand

how are you supposed to see behind you? you ask.... by moving the right stick to the right or left untill your spartan does a 180?

sorry you don't have eyes in the back of your head anymore
Apoll0 wrote:
More power to Spartan Charge, bloody brilliant!

If you're trying to use the new radar settings to your advantage by walking and not sprinting in matches, then sprinting Spartans will just charge you in a second and finish you off with three rounds from ANY weapon. Besides Spartan Charge (nerf the -Yoinking!- thing already) I like the radar change. But when you're trying to work with it by not sprinting, Spartan Charge gets a ridiculous edge at anything but long range. I can't see myself backing these changes without changes to Spartan Charge.
I think you mean less??

Sprinting and spartan charge show on the old radar and new radar. The old radar was 18 meters and the new is 25 meaning you have 7 extra meters of warning if someone is sprinting to charge you. Whether or not you are sprinting yourself has no effect on your ability to dodge a spartan charge since you primarily do that with thrust which can be used immediately regardless of what speed you are already moving.
The radar range matters little in corridors, corners and other small, inside spaces. The advantage in a close-quarters environment always goes to the sprinter.
No, the advantage goes to the spartan charger. Which isn't an issue with radar, its an issue with the mechanic. Lets assume you're right and the range doesn't matter (though i disagree). If that's true then on balance it doesn't make a difference in this scenario. sprinting and charging showed you on radar before, they still show you on radarh. So in this scenario it is literally exactly the same.

I would try to get more than 4 games under your belt in the playlist before making that conclusion. Maybe wait a bit so the ranks settle into their proper distribution too and you're getting fair matches.
getatme94 wrote:
Im loving the new radar at the moment! I just have a few questions....does it show you people on the radar who run or climb? Cause it def should.
only when you sprint, not sure about clambering/climbing
you are on radar when:

Sprint
Charge
Ground Pound
Thrust
Stabilize
Fire weapon

You are NOT on radar when:

crouching
walking
clambering
firing a silenced weapon.
Artecide wrote:
getatme94 wrote:
Im loving the new radar at the moment! I just have a few questions....does it show you people on the radar who run or climb? Cause it def should.
only when you sprint, not sure about clambering/climbing
Agree - it should show running and climbing; not just SA and Sprint
There are way too many very basic jumps and standard routes around maps that require clamber imo.
Apoll0 wrote:
WHZY wrote:
Clamber shouldn't be radar.
Its not. Too many very basic jumps require it so it doesnt show.
I get far too many kills simply because I "walked" and someone else sprinted. Absolutely zero skill involved. They simply pressed 1 button, and I didn't. So cheesy for top level play to have to deal with this.

Turn radar off and let the teams with the best awareness/communication thrive.
I fail to see the problem. Its not about the button press, its about the decision making. You made a better decision in those cases to choose stealth over speed and had the advantage.

Previously, there was no decision to be made. Since walking and sprinting showed on radar, might as well sprint and at least be faster.

Now youre forced to make an interesting choice. Should i get there fast, or get there a little slower and not show on the slightly larger radar? You have more options for escaping spawn traps, contesting strongholds, running flags etc. As people play more the meta will develop.
Thanks for clarifying. I was under the impression that clamber would "blip" me on radar.
The movement around the map is so much better u need to rely on your teammates and communication more took some to to get used to not seeing them on the map as much I give it an 8/10
Just keep the old radar and increase the radius to 25M instead of 18M

Worked in Halo 3, Halo Reach and Halo 4 - don't see why it had to be nerfed for Halo 5

Also half the problem is that you have unlimited sprint. You shouldn't be able to constantly sprint around maps which makes Spartan charge OP
Its freaking terrible. cloaked people basically unkillable and impossible to find.

Constantly getting assassinated because Oh yeah motion sensor is now a CoD radar.

Please don't implement this garbage as standard sensor. Its terrible.
When I first read about these changes,I thought they would be terrible.After playing I realized just how great this new radar is.Makes sprint and armour abilities a tactical decision.I'm absolutely ecstatic about the return to 25m,hated having people sprint up and have you half dead before you'd have time to react.In my opinion these changes blend the slower pace of past halo's which I absolutely loved,with the tactical decision to play the new faster style that halo 5 introduced.
343 well done!! Now just make this permanent and you'll have made this halo fanatic since the launch of CE in 2001 a happy man.
SonnieSlim wrote:
Its freaking terrible. cloaked people basically unkillable and impossible to find.

Constantly getting assassinated because Oh yeah motion sensor is now a CoD radar.

Please don't implement this garbage as standard sensor. Its terrible.
This has nothing to do with the new radar?

Active Camo in Halo 5 has never shown up on any radar -- unless you're shooting.

It's overpowered and you should definitely show on the radar with camo, but it has nothing to do with the new radar vs old radar.
The good is that I can get to my teammates faster and that the "motion tracker" is 25m... that's about it.

It's too easy to play the game and there's no more real tactics involved. Even though I placed Platinum 3 due to the ranking system and that it's a new playlist(Honestly I have no idea how the ranking system works), I felt all I had to do to be good was grab the SMG, Storm Rifle, Brute Plasma Rifle, and Needler and walk around. I had no reason to sprint or use any of the abilities, and nobody could find me. The amount of times I saw players who I play with and have played against and I know that are really good, make dumb plays and got killed because they jumped down or up and couldn't see anyone moving at all was atrocious. I escaped death when I shouldn't have been able to by simply not using an ability to get out of the way. Plaza i never used my thruster pack to boost off top mid and drop to dip to escape when I was one shot. I only used thruster pack when I got hit once so I knew my enemy had seen me. then I just moved like normal and didn't have to play defense at all.
That's another thing, there's no reason for defense in this new playlist. You grab the best close range weapon you can find and walk around. Stealth is super easy, I got 7 assassinations in 1 match with little to no skill required to get them. I didn't feel as though I was using any skill to win, kills were easily handed to me.
I never had to make tactical decisions anymore. Before if I was 1v1ing an opponent and saw the red dot on my motion tracker coming behind me I could choose to jump and thrust back, or win the 1v1 knowing that I may sacrifice, or even win the 1v1 someway and jump back/dodge and either get a double kill or see if a teammate is coming up. Now, i get backsmacked or assassinated... unless they're running and then it's easy.

In conclusion, the best par to Halo was using the motion tracker as a tactic. Both offense and defense. Sacrifice and Survival. If I had to make the decision as to whether or not moving fast/sprinting to show up on motion tracker was a good price to keep my teammate alive. It required teams to move together a bit more. It made stealth a challenge and more rewarding/cooler to do and see happen. Outplaying someone on defense took skill. Now it just easy.

It's not more competitive, it's just sad.
I may have many grips against this game (aiming, SC, Sprint, etc.), but I wanted to try this playlist and clearly : this new radar is a GREAT improvement to the gameplay and to most of the negatives I found about SA.
Basically :
- promotes players movement
- empowers Run&Gun gameplay
- tempers SA abuse (SC especially)
- forces players to actually think about their move and the use of SA
--> Feels more like classic Halo

I haven't played for months, but for now I enjoy this playlist.
Apoll0 wrote:
Apoll0 wrote:
More power to Spartan Charge, bloody brilliant!

If you're trying to use the new radar settings to your advantage by walking and not sprinting in matches, then sprinting Spartans will just charge you in a second and finish you off with three rounds from ANY weapon. Besides Spartan Charge (nerf the -Yoinking!- thing already) I like the radar change. But when you're trying to work with it by not sprinting, Spartan Charge gets a ridiculous edge at anything but long range. I can't see myself backing these changes without changes to Spartan Charge.
I think you mean less??

Sprinting and spartan charge show on the old radar and new radar. The old radar was 18 meters and the new is 25 meaning you have 7 extra meters of warning if someone is sprinting to charge you. Whether or not you are sprinting yourself has no effect on your ability to dodge a spartan charge since you primarily do that with thrust which can be used immediately regardless of what speed you are already moving.
The radar range matters little in corridors, corners and other small, inside spaces. The advantage in a close-quarters environment always goes to the sprinter.
No, the advantage goes to the spartan charger. Which isn't an issue with radar, its an issue with the mechanic. Lets assume you're right and the range doesn't matter (though i disagree). If that's true then on balance it doesn't make a difference in this scenario. sprinting and charging showed you on radar before, they still show you on radarh. So in this scenario it is literally exactly the same.

I would try to get more than 4 games under your belt in the playlist before making that conclusion. Maybe wait a bit so the ranks settle into their proper distribution too and you're getting fair matches.
getatme94 wrote:
Im loving the new radar at the moment! I just have a few questions....does it show you people on the radar who run or climb? Cause it def should.
only when you sprint, not sure about clambering/climbing
you are on radar when:

Sprint
Charge
Ground Pound
Thrust
Stabilize
Fire weapon

You are NOT on radar when:

crouching
walking
clambering
firing a silenced weapon.
Artecide wrote:
getatme94 wrote:
Im loving the new radar at the moment! I just have a few questions....does it show you people on the radar who run or climb? Cause it def should.
only when you sprint, not sure about clambering/climbing
Agree - it should show running and climbing; not just SA and Sprint
There are way too many very basic jumps and standard routes around maps that require clamber imo.
I don't think the jumping/standard routes matter.

My opinion is that if you're moving at a pace which is threatening then you should be on the radar.

I.E. You should show on the radar at all times - unless you are walking slowly or crouching.

This is how the radar has always worked in every past Halo game and it's how it should continue to work. There's no need to over complicate it as it currently is.

It was also fine at 25 meters in every past game (though 30 meters in Halo 4 was my favourite.) There was never any need to nerf it to 18.
I can tell that whoever is against this radar is clearly dependent on the previously overpowered radar. It's going to take some time, but you'll all love it in the end. I hope 343 sees the arguments being made and comes to the conclusion that one side is merely arguing for preference and crutches staying the same, while the other side is arguing from a place of productivity and efficiency for the betterment of Halo multiplayer.

  • It's not overly complicated to get used to this new radar.
  • It's going to take some time to appreciate the nuances of this new radar if you're someone who relies heavily on radar, so keep an open mind.
  • This new radar is objectively better for gameplay, and there are years of people debating this very topic with talking points much better than "Default Halo always had radar, so why change now?" or "I don't have eyes behind my head anymore, how can I ever know where players are?"
Give it time, some changes must be forced for the greater good.
Fishztikz wrote:
Just cannot have fun with it. The lack of walking on the motion sensor leads to more close-quarters, surprise encounters, which means ARs, SMGs, and the worst offender Storm Rifles are excessively used. (Whos going to walk around with a precision weapon whenever someone can pop up 7 foot from you with an auto?)

Also, I don't believe the flag carrier shows up on radar, which can actually be quite annoying because they can traverse the map just as easily as I can without being caught. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

With that said, I think its a noticeable plus that there isn't as much "running around corners and going for SC" as there was, mainly because you can see them on the sensor and stay back out of range. I think this is a definite upside

I may not have enough playtime (just a few games), but I just don't find the constant CQC battles along with excessive auto use very fun. If my opinion changes as I get more games in I'll change this too.
I've played a few more games, and while they were more fun than Tyrant CTF, it just isn't all that great. I just see a whole lot of close-quarters auto usage rather than a mix of CQC and long-range battles, making 80% of my matches a game of "Who gots the Storm Rifle?"

I saw a reply a few pages back of showing walking speed about 15-18 meters out. (I assume fading in/out as they get closer/farther) I see this as a good middle ground. I like this idea, mainly because you can either get right up in their face with a CQC battle, or stay back and precision/burst fire from a safer distance
I can tell that whoever is against this radar is clearly dependent on the previously overpowered radar. It's going to take some time, but you'll all love it in the end. I hope 343 sees the arguments being made and comes to the conclusion that one side is merely arguing for preference and crutches staying the same, while the other side is arguing from a place of productivity and efficiency for the betterment of Halo multiplayer.

  • It's not overly complicated to get used to this new radar.
  • It's going to take some time to appreciate the nuances of this new radar if you're someone who relies heavily on radar, so keep an open mind.
  • This new radar is objectively better for gameplay, and there are years of people debating this very topic with talking points much better than "Default Halo always had radar, so why change now?" or "I don't have eyes behind my head anymore, how can I ever know where players are?"
Give it time, some changes must be forced for the greater good.
"Objectively better for gameplay"
  • Making crouching pointless for movement is not objectively better for gameplay.
  • Showing everyone moving on the 25 meter radar is objectively better for gameplay. When the radar shows everyone and has a wide range it becomes a tool for seeking out your next fight; which encourages chasing/movement. Additionally, when the range of the radar is small it's easier for people to approach you from behind, which means people play far more (overly) carefully and camp more.
"Default Halo always had radar"
  • You dismiss this as a poor argument but it's actually a very fair one. Every single mainstream Halo multiplayer in the past has always had a 25 Meter radar that showed everyone unless they were crouching or slow walking. This is something that players got used to over the 10+ years of Halo and it molded their playing style.
  • 343i to now telling players to rely less on the radar completely invalidates their skillset. Additionally, when I bought Halo 5 I bought it because I enjoyed the multiplayer of Halo 3, Reach, and 4 -- it's wrong for me to buy the latest game in the series and get a nasty surprise when the radar is nerfed; something which in every previous game I've relied on.
"Force change for greater good"
  • What greater good are you talking about? If you don't like the radar then you should play MLG playlists which were designed for high-communication team play. Very few people use a mic in Halo 5 online, and most players play solo. Having a mic and a good surround-sound headset shouldn't automatically equate to a win for the team; the past game radars showing 25 meters and all threatening movement mitigated this; it gave solo players a chance.
  • Obviously teamwork and communication will always win, but Halo games have always (and should always) be about who can shoot better; not who camps best, or who sees who first, or who has an expensive gaming headset. If you want a change for the greater good, play a different game; don't bastardise the core mechanics of the game.
I can tell that whoever is against this radar is clearly dependent on the previously overpowered radar. It's going to take some time, but you'll all love it in the end. I hope 343 sees the arguments being made and comes to the conclusion that one side is merely arguing for preference and crutches staying the same, while the other side is arguing from a place of productivity and efficiency for the betterment of Halo multiplayer.

  • It's not overly complicated to get used to this new radar.
  • It's going to take some time to appreciate the nuances of this new radar if you're someone who relies heavily on radar, so keep an open mind.
  • This new radar is objectively better for gameplay, and there are years of people debating this very topic with talking points much better than "Default Halo always had radar, so why change now?" or "I don't have eyes behind my head anymore, how can I ever know where players are?"
Give it time, some changes must be forced for the greater good.
I am against the changes being put into social playlists. For competitive ranked matches its fine. 343 already changes stuff up pretty much every season. Plus it didnt feel like this new radar was such a negative thing. There have been some changes(although not many) to gameplay because of this new radar though and everyone will feel differently about that.

I miss the days when Halo 3 had ranked matches and then had an MLG playlist that was separate.
Dear 343,
I would first like to say thank you as of late to listening to fans as of the past yeas and so. You've shown this threw the addition of classic Halo weapons and art style mergers in HW2. As to the main topic of the conversation, I do not really see the need to remove walking from the radar. The entire point of a motion sensor is to pick up motion. I have played an entire 10 matches and while I did still enjoy, there was far too much chaotic ambushes, crouching, camping IS still an issue with this radar as it encourages it in the manner of waiting for an opponent and then just firing a silenced weapon. Additionally grenades are constantly being thrown all,over the maps and are annoying. I do though approve of the range increase as it does encourage more tactical thinking. While I can understand more competitive players opinions of removing the walking from the sensor, they've used the same sensor since 2001. They can get over it and instead improve their skills against spirinting/charger players. This radar adds more random grenade tossing, doesn't really help to decoupage sprinting to a very large degree, and does encourage only camping and stealth play. Halo, since its release has encouraged all forms of gameplay. You can switch from playing authomatic weapons to long range, but this new system only encourages stealth and camping. Please do keep the range, but add walking back into the mix. Try making just a range increase test, the less competitive need this radar, and older and competitive players are arguing the opposite as it gives the newer, and less inexperienced some form of support. Experienced players have easily adapted to the current 18mm radar, and can adapt and improve themselves with the 18mm radar. My bottom line is to keep the range, and keep waking on the motion sensor. Just boost the range, please.

-Ultra Grade
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 35