4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 35

This post has been hidden.

Unknown wrote:
this new radar is absolue TRASH, im not ranked close to where i should be nor am i doing bad in the playlist but it has changed the overall play. matches feel slower and people are camping alot more. the storm rifle is already the cheapest weapon in the game and atleast if i see a red dot on my radar i can be ready for anything. BUT YOU COULDNT NERF THAT???!!! Halo has always had radar no need to nerf it. No need to cater to players with no gunskill and need backsmack kills or crouching on auto kills. Radar is a plus to everyone.
Really isn't true when you say halo has always had radar. No radar has always been the ideal thing for competitive play, 343 just refuse to remove it so this test is the next best thing. I just wonder how many of you will continue acting like this is even for the base game, at best it's going into team arena aka the HCS playlist. It's for the people who asked for it, you still have your other playlists if you dislike this one so much.
Will this playlist count towards the season emblem since it's only up for a limited time? The most important question, btw. :D

I didn't play much, but so far I liked the new motion tracker. It gave me more freedom with movement and the amount of sprinting was lowered. The downside was a lot of times I felt like I was moving around the map blind which is expected when you don't have communication solo queuing.

I don't think this would be good for FFA and it's a maybe with BTB, but I do think they should implement the 25 meter range for all playlists.
I am cool withe the game mode but I hate that on eden I get teamed on and killed by rockets and the hydra so Plaza if u plan to keep this game mode don't have 2 heavy weapons on 1 map and also take out the sapresed assaultrifle I have not seen 1 person use it and it sucks on damage
Artecide wrote:
I can tell that whoever is against this radar is clearly dependent on the previously overpowered radar. It's going to take some time, but you'll all love it in the end. I hope 343 sees the arguments being made and comes to the conclusion that one side is merely arguing for preference and crutches staying the same, while the other side is arguing from a place of productivity and efficiency for the betterment of Halo multiplayer.

• It's not overly complicated to get used to this new radar.
  • It's going to take some time to appreciate the nuances of this new radar if you're someone who relies heavily on radar, so keep an open mind.
  • This new radar is objectively better for gameplay, and there are years of people debating this very topic with talking points much better than "Default Halo always had radar, so why change now?" or "I don't have eyes behind my head anymore, how can I ever know where players are?"
Give it time, some changes must be forced for the greater good.
"Objectively better for gameplay"
  • Making crouching pointless for movement is not objectively better for gameplay.
  • Showing everyone moving on the 25 meter radar is objectively better for gameplay. When the radar shows everyone and has a wide range it becomes a tool for seeking out your next fight; which encourages chasing/movement. Additionally, when the range of the radar is small it's easier for people to approach you from behind, which means people play far more (overly) carefully and camp more.
"Default Halo always had radar"
  • You dismiss this as a poor argument but it's actually a very fair one. Every single mainstream Halo multiplayer in the past has always had a 25 Meter radar that showed everyone unless they were crouching or slow walking. This is something that players got used to over the 10+ years of Halo and it molded their playing style.
  • 343i to now telling players to rely less on the radar completely invalidates their skillset. Additionally, when I bought Halo 5 I bought it because I enjoyed the multiplayer of Halo 3, Reach, and 4 -- it's wrong for me to buy the latest game in the series and get a nasty surprise when the radar is nerfed; something which in every previous game I've relied on.
"Force change for greater good"
  • What greater good are you talking about? If you don't like the radar then you should play MLG playlists which were designed for high-communication team play. Very few people use a mic in Halo 5 online, and most players play solo. Having a mic and a good surround-sound headset shouldn't automatically equate to a win for the team; the past game radars showing 25 meters and all threatening movement mitigated this; it gave solo players a chance.
  • Obviously teamwork and communication will always win, but Halo games have always (and should always) be about who can shoot better; not who camps best, or who sees who first, or who has an expensive gaming headset. If you want a change for the greater good, play a different game; don't bastardise the core mechanics of the game.
I hope you keep an open mind to my responses.

• Showing everyone moving on the 25 meter radar is objectively better for gameplay. When the radar shows everyone and has a wide range it becomes a tool for seeking out your next fight; which encourages chasing/movement. Additionally, when the range of the radar is small it's easier for people to approach you from behind, which means people play far more (overly) carefully and camp more.
No, it's not objective better for gameplay, and here's why: There are multiple feedback systems in play that already help players immensely by relaying all sorts of information. For example, teammate indicators that change colors depending on their status in combat (e.g. Yellow for under fire) and the good ol' rex X's that indicate where your teammates died. Basic intuition tells you -Yoink-'s going down over there, so tread carefully as you position yourself to help your teammate. And by positioning yourself, again basic intuition should tell you to be conscious of your back by staying near walls and not running blindly through open areas. If you're constantly getting killed from behind, I think it's time you reflect upon how you can improve your movement and be more aware of your surroundings. Then there's audio feedback like weapons fire, hearing footsteps, Spartan chatter, etc. Also, critical thinking skills and not expecting to play like a CHAMPION when you're playing loosey goosey. Can't expect to dominate Halo players in 2017 when you're running through open areas and not being aware of your environment.

Thinking critically and considering your situations more in-depth should be applauded imo, and these radar changes allow for more creativity in approaches. What's more effective to camp with: a radar that shows red dots for basic movement, or one that doesn't? Isn't that answer obvious? Without basic movement on radar, you have to more frequently look around to see who's coming when you're camping, whereas with radar you can have more information being relayed to you without you directly seeing it.
  • You dismiss this as a poor argument but it's actually a very fair one. Every single mainstream Halo multiplayer in the past has always had a 25 Meter radar that showed everyone unless they were crouching or slow walking. This is something that players got used to over the 10+ years of Halo and it molded their playing style.
They changed many things that people have grown accustomed to with this franchise, like BR starts, dual weapons, BTB, etc. Not to mention, it's worth mentioning that the significance of adjusting the radar recently is on a much lesser scale than the heated BR starts discussion, and sprint, and Spartan Abilities, etc. etc. etc. So while sure it may be worth considering, it really shouldn't hold much weight when the arguments for change are stronger.

As for the rest of what you said, I believe that's been addressed by others (e.g. Your point of "who sees who first" is not, and will never truly be a "thing" in default Halo simply due to the game having a multitude of options to survive encounters (sprint, thrusters, clamber, etc.) along with the shield system and regenerating health). More than a few Halo fans have become dependent on radar, so it's understandable there's some pushback against this change. Give. It. Time. And keep an open mind.
This new motion sensor works well, its balanced and with the extended range it gives me a better chance to react where as before id see someone on my radar and it was to late to react to there spartan charge ect. I also love not showing up on radar while walking instead of crouching it gives my thumb a rest.
As I spoke earlier about how the invisible power up gets a boost now that you can walk around without being seen on someone's Tracker radar I mentioned that applying a minor Nerf to the power up could help balance it better within the game play; however, with further thought and game play experience I'm now thinking that the hybrid tracker idea could best address it without requiring any Power-Up alteration.

The full 25 meters reveals things that posses the greatest sense of volume such as non-silenced gun fire and Spartan abilities. A pulse effect within the tracker would reveal basic movement at distances less than the full 25 meters; that range would need to be tested. I think even silenced weapons should get picked up by a person's radar when close enough (same range as walking movement or closer should be determined by testing).

The idea here is to maintain the positive attributes the new Tracker brings to the game-play while still providing players a reactionary indicator for potential close threats that may not be within sight. In other words, being alerted to someone's presence as they approach from an out of sight direction. The distance in which someone could be alerted should be just enough to allow a truly skilled player with a high level of situational awareness to make a defensive play.
I personally really liked the sensor before. It made it so people less competent like me stood a chance. Playing a few rounds like this takes me back to a game style from the past, like Halo 2 or 3 that I could just play on MCC. Sprint and movement speed is completely thrown under the bus and that is how this game was designed and what has kept me playing like the older games did not. For me, if this became the standard then I'm out.

It makes it feel to easy to conceal yourself in a match, because there is no pressure to force you to slow down to crawl stay off radar or throw caution to the wind and just rush in. As you can sprint to a confrontation, and just go into a jog and take the other team completely by surprise, making the matches I've played so far seem to take no real effort. I also think the new radar will encourage more camping as campers don't need to worry to much about getting caught while allowing them to move around faster than they would if they were crouching or just walking slowly. It also makes the Spartan abilities obsolete for the most part which ruins the new movements that you tried to bring into the game, if anything I think the new radar settings would be great for break out but not every playlist, as it seems to alienates anyone who enjoys playing the game with the new movements added while favoring the older Halo fans who even still play the game.
Unknown wrote:
Unknown wrote:
this new radar is absolue TRASH, im not ranked close to where i should be nor am i doing bad in the playlist but it has changed the overall play. matches feel slower and people are camping alot more. the storm rifle is already the cheapest weapon in the game and atleast if i see a red dot on my radar i can be ready for anything. BUT YOU COULDNT NERF THAT???!!! Halo has always had radar no need to nerf it. No need to cater to players with no gunskill and need backsmack kills or crouching on auto kills. Radar is a plus to everyone.
Really isn't true when you say halo has always had radar. No radar has always been the ideal thing for competitive play, 343 just refuse to remove it so this test is the next best thing. I just wonder how many of you will continue acting like this is even for the base game, at best it's going into team arena aka the HCS playlist. It's for the people who asked for it, you still have your other playlists if you dislike this one so much.
No it hasn't what? Made it into team arena? Probably cuz it's still an on hoing test, i never said it is in there right now, I said that's where it'll go if it gains traction.

rest of you post is worthless to respond to since you seem to carry an ego, and even then my stats play no part in this lol, doesn't take someone to be good to understand better gameplay styles so enjoy your "history".

I can understand both parties here, the old style and the new style, but the new movements that 343 added are good, and this radar makes them obsolete. I've herd about some of the compromises, have a 25mm radar that only shows movement at 18mm sounds quite promising as it mixes and appeals to all styles.in general though, removing walking makes this not a motion sensor, but a radar. I would keep it walking adetectible at about 20-18mm. Anything over and walking isn't nicked up above the 20mm to 18mm limit.
Unknown wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Unknown wrote:
no it hasnt, and dont quote me on competitive halo when your halo history shows nothing close to mine. just say you need backsmacks
No it hasn't what? Made it into team arena? Probably cuz it's still an on hoing test, i never said it is in there right now, I said that's where it'll go if it gains traction.

rest of you post is worthless to respond to since you seem to carry an ego, and even then my stats play no part in this lol, doesn't take someone to be good to understand better gameplay styles so enjoy your "history".
theres no ego. you dont want radar because you want cheap kills.
So do pros want cheap kills too? You just lack an understanding of a viable competitive setting and also must not have seen real MLG halo.

Heres the thing, you say I want cheap kills, I say you want spoon fed free information, take from what you will.
Unknown wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Unknown wrote:
no it hasnt, and dont quote me on competitive halo when your halo history shows nothing close to mine. just say you need backsmacks

theres no ego. you dont want radar because you want cheap kills.
This is so silly.. Let me pose a question to you:

Is it cheap that you keep getting killed from behind, or PERHAPS the people who continually kill you from behind should be applauded for getting the drop on you? If it keeps happening, don't you think that maybe, just maybeee you should start looking behind you occasionally and keeping your back to walls as you move around the map? Doesn't make sense to me how people keep dying by the same. exact. things. but they blame everything else for their problems.
Hello spartans and 343.

I think you have done great in the new radar I can now sneak up and get those flanks and assassination without the use of invis, also I find I don't crouch often unless I'm trading shots with someone so that part doesn't phase me I suggest everyone to play with toggle crouch off. As well as it makes you play smarter you think before you take on someone what I find makes me play smarter and safer.

I'm hopping this radar comes out in all games types I would love it in warzone so I don't have to always waste my invis just to finish my assassinations.

Also I've made a YouTube account come sub and check it out! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCc1S-gedFHNZJr7Bv8jWEaQ
I'm going to be making a proving grounds video and also a cheat/tip video today/tomorrow. And also lots more halo content
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Will this playlist count towards the season emblem since it's only up for a limited time? The most important question, btw. :D

I didn't play much, but so far I liked the new motion tracker. It gave me more freedom with movement and the amount of sprinting was lowered. The downside was a lot of times I felt like I was moving around the map blind which is expected when you don't have communication solo queuing.

I don't think this would be good for FFA and it's a maybe with BTB, but I do think they should implement the 25 meter range for all playlists.
yes it counts towards the emblem :)
as it is up untill season end
and yes 25M for all playlist, but keep the mods (not showing at base walk speed) in team arena. or if they must keep the mods in all ranked playlist, at ever least, make 25m the social standard
For me i do not want the motion tracker to change at all. If it changes then it makes the point of crouching almost pointless. I think a compromise should be made were there is a game mode with this motion tracker available but the current version is applied throughout the game.
That's the point of testing this radar settings. Crouching with an SMG shouldn't be seen as 'making plays'. The new radar should eliminate crouching plays and allow for better use of halo 5 mechanics (sprint, clamber, thrust, etc..) and less camping.

Crouching in Halo should be pointless... Specially H5 where automatic weapons are very strong.
I hope they implement this 25m radar to all of MM it's a OG halo players dream.
Pretty irritating that you removed snipers to add this. That was a pretty popular playlist. Not happy!!
Agreed, they should've removed something else. However, this playlist was much needed since radar in H5 has been a huge issue since the start.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 35