Does anyone else feel the nades are completely over powered now. I read In an update that they increased the damage while shrinking the damage radius to reward accuracy. But I really don't feel like it's all that hard to be accurate. I feel like everyone should start off with either one nade or one nade and a sticky because the spamming has gotten ridiculous
Gotta say, as bad as the weapon updates were for the overall state of the sandbox, I think the grenade tunes themselves were quite good. I’m not sure how frequently you played Warzone Assault, but frag spamming was very frequent in that mode. There would be so much chaos and one could theoretically get a Hail Mary every time they got hold of a grenade because they were so powerful and players are frequently not at full shields in WZA. Now, it’s much more focused and takes good aim and timing to land a hit.

Same thing for splinter grenades too. 343i wanted them to be used for denying access to an area and weakening shields rather than outright instakilling an enemy and I think they tuned them quite well. They’re still arguably the most potent, but it takes some planning to use them effectively.

Curious though, why do you feel the spamming has increased? Is it a specific game mode?
I don't think it is. Thrust is still a good defense to avoid getting nade damage so if you're accurate then you'll be rewarded.
I think the nades are perfectly fine the way they are, but what I mostly don't understand, OP, is why you think 1 frag and 1 plasma would be any better than 2 frags. You can still "spam" those, and plasma nades are arguably even better than frags.
I don’t know, I think if it did change to one nade and one sticky, people would just adjust and still spam.
Does anyone else feel the nades are completely over powered now. I read In an update that they increased the damage while shrinking the damage radius to reward accuracy. But I really don't feel like it's all that hard to be accurate. I feel l I'llke everyone should start off with either on nade or one nade and a sticky because the spamming has gotten ridiculous
I've learned not to stand in spots that are nade-able. For example camo spawn on Empire.
Does anyone else feel the nades are completely over powered now. I read In an update that they increased the damage while shrinking the damage radius to reward accuracy. But I really don't feel like it's all that hard to be accurate. I feel l I'llke everyone should start off with either on nade or one nade and a sticky because the spamming has gotten ridiculous
The main issue with grenades in this game are the hit markers. Basically once you get hit by a grenade the enemy knows you are weak and your location even if they can't see you. This causes extra grenade spam and also gives the incentive for players to push you and kill you faster. The actual change to the frag helped by making them less of a radar and more of an actual damaging weapon.
The falloff damage still seems to me like it should be increased a tad. Its almost like the outer-edge of the radius still deals a little TOO much damage, but overall, it was worse when the game first came out. At least they reduced the radius from the get-go and even altered the Splinter grenades, which IMO, are still a tad too strong as most people still is those as a "last resort" weapon.

As far as more spamming goes, it could be the game mode you're playing or even the skill of the opposing team being better at using them than you're used to. Do you remember Reach's frags? Those were basically nukes, and we had much less versatility back then. At least now we have abilities to help counter grenades a little.
tuhin94 wrote:
Gotta say, as bad as the weapon updates were for the overall state of the sandbox, I think the grenade tunes themselves were quite good. I’m not sure how frequently you played Warzone Assault, but frag spamming was very frequent in that mode. There would be so much chaos and one could theoretically get a Hail Mary every time they got hold of a grenade because they were so powerful and players are frequently not at full shields in WZA. Now, it’s much more focused and takes good aim and timing to land a hit.

Same thing for splinter grenades too. 343i wanted them to be used for denying access to an area and weakening shields rather than outright instakilling an enemy and I think they tuned them quite well. They’re still arguably the most potent, but it takes some planning to use them effectively.

Curious though, why do you feel the spamming has increased? Is it a specific game mode?
Yeah I mostly play a lot of objective focused area. Maps are a lot smaller than warzone and typically feature more indoor terrain (confined spaces with walls and cover close to gather allowing nades to bounce around till they get close.) As well as the objectives themselves cause every player to focus fire and chuck grenades.. killing half the players who respawns and repeat.
DoubleSama wrote:
I think the nades are perfectly fine the way they are, but what I mostly don't understand, OP, is why you think 1 frag and 1 plasma would be any better than 2 frags. You can still "spam" those, and plasma nades are arguably even better than frags.
Well most of my com ppl paints come from mid to long range nade engagements. I find the stickys more suited to closer range. Plus having to use the dpad to switch takes a lil extra time and actually puts some off. But any rate there are enough nades laying around from fallen Spartans that at least in area a games I believe one grenade is plenty
I definitely see the “grenades are OP” side, especially since the minimum grenade damage leaves you at half shield and there are hitmarkers to reveal your position. I think they’re okay as-is, but wouldn’t mind 343 exploring different grenade damage outputs in Infinite.
Not damage related, but I think the hit markers make the grenades much much more powerful.