Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Punished for being good in Warzone

OP Noops Strm

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
you van choose your prefrences to match making the more trained players and the expanded
The search preferences only let you decide which servers you want to play on and aren't related to the skill of the players that you match.
You're asking a question you already know the answer to. Any video game with skill based matchmaking, your wait times increase the higher your skill is. This is purely common sense. You're not being punished lmao. This is normal for competitive games that have mmr type matchmaking. Look at siege, a game with an astronomically higher player count than halo 5 yet at the higher ranks (high plat, diamond+) you can easily have to wait 15 minutes sometimes for a match.

I guess I'll try to give an answer other than the obvious, halo 5 playerbase population is low. It's the reality, the game doesn't have a healthy playerbase like it used to.
Dude you clearly didnt read what I wrote, neither will I, nor was I asking for your opinion. If you aren't being asked a question that you can answer than don't. It's not to hurt your feelings but I just need facts from the main ppl at 343 is all.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
you van choose your prefrences to match making the more trained players and the expanded
The search preferences only let you decide which servers you want to play on and aren't related to the skill of the players that you match.
I am always on expanded, and I am the "more" trained players.

I'll be lucky to get any games depending on the time and if I play solo
StuftRock1 wrote:
Noops Strm wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
Noops Strm wrote:
Sounds like you haven't heard of MMR (matchmaking rating) which also influences your waiting times. The game is trying to matchmake you with other players of similar skill and success to create a balanced matchup, at least in terms of overall stats.
See people like you are the ones who I won't read past the first sentence if you didn't thoroughly read what i wrote and what i asked.

I'm max ranked and to suggest that I haven't heard of MMR is silly, nor is it what I'm asking.

CLEARLY if i am saying some of us get punished for being GOOD at the game, that means that I am indicating a system in place that keeps
bad players, oh maybe like yourself (I don't know how terrible you may or may not be, hypothetical), from matching against me.

The implication is in the title, it's just not said explicitly, lol.

Lastly please don't bother replying if you are not in a position to answer the question and confirm. thanks
Dude, your attitude and ego need some serious work. Don’t expect anyone (ESPECIALLY a mod or someone from 343) to help you or give you any answers if you’re just gonna be ugly like that towards people.

With that said, use your common sense. Matchmaking is in no way “out to get you.” That’s just silly. What reason could 343 possibly have to make them go out of their way to actively punish players for being good in Warzone? Seriously. That is a terrible business tactic, and businesses are in business to make money.
Noops Strm wrote:
This is turning into a snowball effect, where people I know get tired of waiting in lobbies, yet those friends I have who aren't as skilled, are able to find a game.
Noops Strm wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
Noops Strm wrote:
I am indicating a system in place that keeps
bad players… from matching against me.
Seems like you already have all the answers you need. MMR will try to put you in matches with people of a similar skill set and req collection in an attempt to avoid blowout matches. There simply just aren’t enough players in the queue with a similar skill set and req collection to start a game. Long wait times are an inherent symptom of low population, in case you didn’t know.

Now please drop the ridiculous “matchmaking is out to get me” bs.
My attitude is shared amongst hundreds of other players.

If you do not like what I say, nor are you able to provide a solution, then please be courteous and go be non-productive with your comments elsewhere.

As for my attitude? I'm bringing a problem up to find a solution. There are logistics involved in lack thereof.

I'll be crystal clear.

Champ players shouldn't be banned for creating smurf accounts JUST to get games. You are by definition punishing someone who loves Halo 5 to please the newcomers to Halo who are complaining cause they're simply not good.

Warzone mmr is ridiculous if it's not a real ranked playlist, or at the very least if there are two lobbies left at night, why stop one lobby with a higher mmr?

All they do is pour into husky, slayer, fiesta, etc, and then make those players they destroy upset and leave those.

There's a year left till 6 comes out, but all it's going to take is one good video showing how the population in halo 5 is dead, therefore halo infinite would get a bad rep.

It'll still make money, but just less of it, and that's a shame, this coming from a firm believer in capitalism.

I just would like a fix, I know it's not an easy one, but there is a better solution than this.
Noops Strm wrote:
You're asking a question you already know the answer to. Any video game with skill based matchmaking, your wait times increase the higher your skill is. This is purely common sense. You're not being punished lmao. This is normal for competitive games that have mmr type matchmaking. Look at siege, a game with an astronomically higher player count than halo 5 yet at the higher ranks (high plat, diamond+) you can easily have to wait 15 minutes sometimes for a match.

I guess I'll try to give an answer other than the obvious, halo 5 playerbase population is low. It's the reality, the game doesn't have a healthy playerbase like it used to.
Dude you clearly didnt read what I wrote, neither will I, nor was I asking for your opinion. If you aren't being asked a question that you can answer than don't. It's not to hurt your feelings but I just need facts from the main ppl at 343 is all.
Lmao don't be so upset cause people replied to a post on a forum. You asked a common sense question and dont want people to reply? On a forum? Lol ok, if you wanted "facts" from 343 then why didn't you ask them directly instead of posting a rant on a public forum over something literally anybody could have told you the common sense answer, don't be an idiot. Same old answer, halo 5 has a small playerbase still active.
Maybe the game creates player vs player match balancing rather than team vs team balancing making it hard when your in top ranks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2