OP MM Systems Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 94
How to use this thread
This thread is for reporting bugs that you find in Halo 4 matchmaking.

Wait, what’s a bug?
A bug is an error, flaw, mistake, or fault in Matchmaking that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways. Please do not post critiques, balance suggestions or overall game / map discussion in this thread.

If you find a bug while playing in Halo 4 Matchmaking, you should post about it here, and describe it to the best of your ability. Please post in this format:

• Playlist: Which playlist were you playing when you encountered this bug?
  • Map Name: What map were you playing on when you encountered this bug?
  • Mode: What game mode were you playing when you encountered this bug?
  • Is this an exploit or broken feature?
  • Describe the bug: An in-depth description of the issue.
  • How many times has this happened? Did this happen once or multiple times?
  • Do you have a relevant film in your File Share? If so, please include your Gamertag.
Please post critiques, balance suggestions or overall map discussion in the individual playlist threads, which can be found in the War Games Feedback section.

Thank you for your feedback and help with matchmaking bug reporting! The Matchmaking Systems Team will be checking this thread daily and answering questions when necessary.
Playlist: Flood
Map Name: -any-
Mode: Flood
Is this an exploit or broken feature?: Broken feature.

Describe the bug:
There are five Flood bugs that tend to occur when players join an in-progress game in Matchmaking or Customs. Some of these are legacy bugs inherited from Reach, and all are linked to Flood's use of a "virtual" team system in favor of the core game engine's real team system. Bug details are in the spoiler, and non-essential background information on the virtual team system can be found here.

Spoiler:
Show
How many times has this happened? Often. Bug is unpredictable.

Do you have a video of this in your fileshare? If so, please include your Gamertag:
DavidJCobb

I have a screenshot of a player trait assignment bug, and a film clip of a virtual team assignment bug. I don't recall the file names off-hand, but both contain "Flood" and "JiP".
Quick question: if I catch wind of someone else's bug, if the bug is a gametype bug, and if I reproduce it in Customs, do I still report it here? Such bugs would still be Matchmaking bugs; I'm just not the one who experienced it in Matchmaking.

Alternatively, I could go and try to reproduce it in Matchmaking and snag a Theater file of that repro. Would that be preferred?

(I'm currently sitting on two Flagnum bugs that fit this description.)
Playlist: Grifball
Map Name: Primordial
Is this an exploit or broken feature?: Broken feature
Describe the bug: If the Host quits mid game the floor disappears.
How many times has this happened? Several.
Gamertag for fileshare: xXIronSausageXx the file is named "Grifball youre drunk"
Quote:
Map Name: Primordial
Describe the bug: If the Host quits mid game the floor disappears.
How many times has this happened? Several.
Gamertag for fileshare: xXIronSausageXx the file is named "Grifball youre drunk"
That's not limited to Primordial. From what I understand, it has to do with how the forge pieces are "rendered" (I forget the word I've seen used for this, sorry!) after a host migration which causes them to not spawn in while people are near it.
Exploit: 3 vs 1 in Team Doubles

I've not encountered this myself, but I read about it in a topic in the Halo 4 forum tonight:

3v1 in doubles please fix. by AngelsGotMyBack

In the topic someone has posted the following:

Quote:
3 players go into matchmaking.

Whoever gets assigned to the other team will get an invite from the other 2 players.

Accepting the inv automatically joins you to the other team making it 3v1.
Like, I said, I haven't encountered this myself and wouldn't want to try it as it's obviously cheating, but I thought I'd post it here in case it's true.

Thanks.
Quote:
Quick question: if I catch wind of someone else's bug, if the bug is a gametype bug, and if I reproduce it in Customs, do I still report it here? Such bugs would still be Matchmaking bugs; I'm just not the one who experienced it in Matchmaking.

Alternatively, I could go and try to reproduce it in Matchmaking and snag a Theater file of that repro. Would that be preferred?

(I'm currently sitting on two Flagnum bugs that fit this description.)
Reproducing in Matchmaking and including a video / file share reference would be preferred. Thank you!
This might be working as intended, but I figured I'd post it anyway...

Playlist: All
Map Name: All
Is this an exploit or broken feature?: Possible broken feature
Describe the bug: Any weapon that recieves the bonus from the Ammo Support Upgrade loses that bonus when dropped and then immediately picked back up.
How many times has this happened? Every time, easily replicated:

1. Spawn with a loadout that includes the Ammo Support Upgrade.
2. Swap one of your starting weapons (with extra ammo) with a weapon found on the map.
3. Swap the weapon you just picked up for the weapon you started with. The starting weapon no longer has the extra ammo.

EDIT: I know this is the MM forum, but I just encountered a great example of this in Spartan Ops:

1. Running Ammo Support Upgrade.
2. Pick up Fuel Rod Gun from Covenant ammo pod, has full 25 rounds.
3. Get killed before I can use it and respawn 5 feet away (spawning system, LOL) with the same Ammo loadout I was using.
4. Pick FRG back up, it has 15 rounds in it.

Oh, and I love that this post has been here for 3 days without an acknowledgement.

Mode: Grifball Pro

Is this an exploit or broken feature?: broken feature

Describe the bug: In a round, if the ball still hasn't scored and the time remaining reaches 1 minute, some music begins to play. However, when the next round starts, this music continues playing throughout the entire round carrying on from the previous round.

How many times has this happened? Once (don't play Grifball Pro much at all though, so this maybe a common problem).

Do you have a video of this in your fileshare? No
Since i Don't know where report it, here we go:

Playlist: Team Doubles
Map Name: Abandon ( I dont think that the really matter)
Mode: (Infinity Slayer / CTF / etc): Slayer Pro
Is this an exploit or broken feature?: I Don't Know
Describe the bug: 4 shots Kills - BR/DMR
How many times has this happened? in 2 different games, different days , BUT same player. -> Video shows a guy hiting me twice with a BR, and it takes more than half of my shields.
Do you have a video of this in your fileshare? If so, please include your Gamertag: zanychelly
Playlist: Team Doubles
Map name: Abandon
Mode: Infinty Slayer (Maybe on others as well)
Is this an exploit or broken feature?: I dont know
Describe the Bug A Sniper Rifle is Spawning outside of Map but with jetpack u can get it
How many times has this happened? ever since ive seen it the first time. I made a Clip of this and uploaded it to my FS called "WTF ?????". PS: i did this in forge but you can also do it in Wargames
Do you have a video of this in your fileshare? If so, please include your Gamertag: iAimLesZ
This is not a matchmaking bug. Please post in the support forum for additional assistance.

Spoiler:
Show
Playlist: Team Snipers
Map: Ragnarok
Mode: Snipers

Description: Glitch outside map with no kill barrier by crouching in a certain spot near pelican. I've seen this happened once and then I replicated it myself in custom games with same map and game variant with little difficulty.

Film clip: Ragnarok exploit (matchmaking)
Film Clip: Ragnarok exploit demo. (Demonstration)
File share: SupaStaVince

Mode: Grifball/Grifball Pro

Is this an exploit or broken feature?: broken feature

Describe the bug: If you have a clash of hammers or hammer-on-sword clash, the animation and sound effect for the clash does not occur until a good few seconds after the clash. I've even encountered this where I've died soon after the clash, respawned and then had the clash animation play! It was like this in Reach as well (but never encountered it in Halo 3 Grifball since the clash animation didn't exist back then I think).

How many times has this happened? Several times.

Do you have a video of this in your fileshare? No
Playlist: Any
Map Name: Ragnarok
Mode: (Infinity Slayer / CTF / etc): All
Is this an exploit or broken feature?: Exploit
Describe the bug: There are multiple walls you can clip into and get outside of the map on Ragnarok.
How many times has this happened? - I haven't seen it abused in Matchmaking but I have discovered some of those from using the Matchmaking variant in custom games.
Do you have a video of this in your fileshare? If so, please include your Gamertag: The Little Moa

The clip of the video is called 'Ragnarok Exploits'.
This is not a matchmaking bug. Please post feedback in the appropriate section.

Spoiler:
Show
Playlist: any team based playlists
Map Name: any
Mode: (Infinity Slayer / CTF / etc):any team game modes
Is this an exploit or broken feature?:exploit
Describe the bug: people can active camo without triggering the radar jammer by standing still BEFORE they activate cloak.
How many times has this happened? every match where someone uses camo, most likely to happen in dominion
Do you have a video of this in your fileshare? no, but it's here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbtD4yMRDjA
Playlist: Team Infinity Slayer/Big Team Infinity slayer
Map Name: Haven, Adrift, Complex, Abandon, Solace, Harvest,Longbow, Ragnarok, Vortex, Meltdown, Exile, Wreckage, Shatter
Mode: Infinity Slayer/Big Team Infinity slayer
Is this an exploit or broken feature?: Broken Feature
Describe the bug: The Final Kill cam is missing on the games. It doesn't show.
How many times has this happened? A lot
Quote:
Playlist: Team Infinity Slayer/Big Team Infinity slayer
Map Name: Haven, Adrift, Complex, Abandon, Solace, Harvest,Longbow, Ragnarok, Vortex, Meltdown, Exile, Wreckage, Shatter
Mode: Infinity Slayer/Big Team Infinity slayer
Is this an exploit or broken feature?: Broken Feature
Describe the bug: The Final Kill cam is missing on the games. It doesn't show.
How many times has this happened? A lot

The final kill cam has been removed from Infinity Slayer and BTB. The medal for being on the final kill cam DID exist, but has not been seen for a long time.
I think it was removed in the December 6th Title Update.
Playlist: CTF
Map Name: All maps
Mode: (Infinity Slayer / CTF / etc): CTF
Is this an exploit or broken feature?:Broken feature
Describe the bug:Sometimes when I pick up the flag, the magnum will not zoom. Also, sometimes you can't fire the magnum
How many times has this happened? At least 10 times.
Do you have a video of this in your fileshare? No.

Playlist: Team Throwdown, others
Map Name: Haven, others
Mode: (Infinity Slayer / CTF / etc): Slayer Deluxe, others
Describe the bug: Sometimes I respawn with loadouts other than the one I've selected. It seems to only happen in gametypes with pre-made loadouts. For example, today I was using the BR loadout in Slayer Deluxe on Haven and after respawning, I had a DMR. I never changed loadouts. To confirm, after dieing I waited until respawn without pressing any buttons. I spawned with a BR like I was supposed to.
How many times has this happened? Once today in Team Throwdown. Occasionally in other playlists.
Do you have a video of this in your fileshare? No.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 94