Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Riptide - Fall Preview Feedback

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I don't understand how terrible maps like tyrant and riptide made their way to the rotation. A terrible map will always remain terrible no matter what changes are made. Go back to the drawing board and work on creating some decent new maps rather than giving us -Yoink- reskins.
Recon DMR let's goooooo!

These are some solid changes. This map is so control focused and some of the previous weapon placements were a little lopsided imo.
Please keep this out of Team Arena and HCS. Seriously thought 343 was trolling putting this and assault tyrant and assault colo, and oveegrowth strong holds which is the only game type i didnt mind but rest are bad. Riptides spawn system wont work well in comp play. In blue room its just a deadzone there too many nades, not enough cool jumps camo bottom mid is dumb maybe move it but im saying this just to change this in slayer. Keep riptide out of arena peroid.
Is this team of matchmaking guys stupid? This map is AWFUL. This is comparable to putting sword base in MLG.

Camo doesn't count for anything because there's only so many ways to cross to the high side of the map. Any team worth anything will lock those down and then camo is irrelevant

Also stop forcing assault down our throats. The gametype doesn't work in Halo 5
UnseesuS wrote:
The geometry of riptide makes it a terrible map. No amount of weapon/power up balancing will make this segregated close quarters map with limited sight lines fun to play. Once a team controls blue room and sand with a lead, the other team has to push through windtunnel/bottom mid/ or blue treehouse, all of which are terrible choke points. Every member of the winning team can nade or teamshoot these choke points and has plenty of cover to switch out and regain shields as the other is forced to attack from far inferior position. No matter what weapons, or power ups you put on map or where, good teams will set up like this and dominate a lopsided standoff that is neither fun to play or watch.
Well said! ;)
Too many hall ways and no good sight lines for team work to matter.
Storm rifle needs to be removed. This map is too compartmentalized so the guy with the SR can basically just hide room to room, stare at radar, and ambush people who then have no creative ways to make him miss because they are locked in a small box.

Otherwise slayer on this map has improved, but its still too segmented to be a good competitive map. Opportunities for teamshot are limited making it more of a "Rock, Paper, Scissors" game of multiple 1 v 1s than an actual teamwork-dominated game. The same critique about segmentation applies to SH as well.l
The new spawns are better than before and its a good idea with camo.
Guhstav wrote:
The camo and caster were good additions to this map to try to balance it out. This map has been improved the most out of all maps. I don't think many people like it regardless though. Storm rifle needs to be removed.
Maybe swap Storm for Brute Plasma ?
A lot of people seem to hate the maps that are in the current rotation. So why not try out some community made maps ? It'd breathe a lot of new life into HCS since we wouldn't just see players on the same maps we've all played a ton of. Obviously that'd take some time and testing but I wholeheartedly believe that it'd be well worth the effort
the changes improved this map tremendously. the caster and camo needs to stay if anything. maybe the halo 2 BR and storm rifle are to easy to score kills with but i don't feel that way but i wouldn't be mad if they were removed. i still don't see this as being an HCS map. it needs to be worked over in a dev setting. no amount of forge would save this map. some rooms need to be opened up and moved away from corridor style game play.
SPRTN94 wrote:
Guhstav wrote:
The camo and caster were good additions to this map to try to balance it out. This map has been improved the most out of all maps. I don't think many people like it regardless though. Storm rifle needs to be removed.
no they are the same, take them both out
Caster and camo are good. Seems like you would be able to fight out of orange tree if you had the lead.
I think this map is fine for the slayer playlist but would do well for the HCS. another way of improving things would be to make more of the decorations aspects that can be used for trick jumps and clambering etc.
Overall it has been improved, but the map is still incredibly slow with the rooms and hallways. You can't expect this to be played in the HCS, please remove it.

The map promotes campy behavior, and the weapon layouts won't change that.
SPRTN94 wrote:
A lot of people seem to hate the maps that are in the current rotation. So why not try out some community made maps ? It'd breathe a lot of new life into HCS since we wouldn't just see players on the same maps we've all played a ton of. Obviously that'd take some time and testing but I wholeheartedly believe that it'd be well worth the effort
They are unable to use Forge maps, a pro player tweeted about this. I don't remember who, if you're on teambeyond.net someone posted it in the HCS thread.
This map is so bad everytime i see this coming up it makes me want to dashboard.
With the current changes, this map plays out a lot a better than before. Having said that, it is not good for competitive play. It's all hallways, with little teamwork involved. H2BR in this game is NOT competitive at all, and shouldnt be used on any competitive settings.
Dear 343: I enjoy assault, and I know others do, too. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but keep me in mind!
l Jinxed I wrote:
SPRTN94 wrote:
They are unable to use Forge maps, a pro player tweeted about this. I don't remember who, if you're on teambeyond.net someone posted it in the HCS thread.
Ahh that is unfortunate
Guhstav wrote:
SPRTN94 wrote:
Guhstav wrote:
no they are the same, take them both out
I think the Storm is by far the better of the two since Brute overheats rapidly. Which is why I suggested the swap, to each their own I suppose
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3