The search restrictions are waaaaaayy too strict.. Search times take absolutely forever (that’s if you can even find a game) at high onyx/champion level.. HELP PLEASE
I agree! Have to search for 10+ minutes to find a game in most playlist. And running 4’s doesn’t usually find games at all.
The populations can’t be that low to where it’s that difficult to find games?
All you champs need to coordinate a time to play... All us non champs can't keep getting curb stomped 🙂
I've always had this issue, I've been pre-ordering Halo since #3 so I always get them day 1. Yet search times are seriously droll. I only ended up downgrading in my network connection a few months ago, and I see no change in matchmaking times, they're all equally horrid. My NAT is always open and I have port forwarding with no other devices on my network taking up bandwidth while I play, but it still takes close to 15mins to find a match on a usually popular gamemode (SF, SWAT & Infected). Also ever since the update I haven't been able to connect to custom games that have plenty of space in them.
Probably a population issue if you're a high onyx or champion. They only make up a very tiny portion of the total population so it's going to be even lower if hardly anyone is playing.
LethalQ, if you are a lower rank than an onyx or champ you have little to nothing to lose, but if you end up beating the higher ranked team, the amount of csr u gain would be tremendous.. it’s about getting games and playing the playlists you choose.. these search times are terrible. Most of the time can’t even get a single game
I believe it's a combination of a lower population and MMR. The latter is especially annoying since the game tries to match you with other players that are of similar ranking and skill to you, hence the longer search times.
LethalQ, if you are a lower rank than an onyx or champ you have little to nothing to lose, but if you end up beating the higher ranked team, the amount of csr u gain would be tremendous.. it’s about getting games and playing the playlists you choose.. these search times are terrible. Most of the time can’t even get a single game
I feel you on that... I don't play ranked team games because I don't have a team. I play ranked FFA, all though not that much anymore. They made changes to FFA CSR, not sure if it applies to team CSR, but it's way way harder to rank up so I wonder is that why it's harder for higher ranked players to find matches because it's so hard to rank up that not many players are ranking up so fewer players are high rank.... Could have e had to much to drink tonight but just a thought.
I agree! Have to search for 10+ minutes to find a game in most playlist. And running 4’s doesn’t usually find games at all.
You can blame the MMR for that issue. impossible to find a game with 4 players in your fireteam, If your fireteam has decent stats. Forced to play with randoms, that never wanna do anything, ruins the game
Op the population is a lot lower then one would think. You have to remember just because we and players alike are still playing doesn't mean the population is well. I bet we make a very small amount. Also Halo5 has had its more fair share of issues along the way. Some self inflicted and some unforeseen. And even when 343i lends out a helping hand to gain some new players with free play weekend what happens! Xbox live services goes down for H5. Its hard to gain new players if they cant play or have issues trying too. And honestly if I was a new player and seen that I'm sure it doesn't give a good first impression nor make me want to go rush out and buy they game. Now as far as search times and restrictions. You are a very high rank which I'm sure makes it almost impossible to find a game. Even worse if you are searching with a full team. But I can tell you now I sure wouldn't want to play against champs. I usually float around in the Plat ranks. Imo they need to loosen the way one ranks up! It takes to much grind to get anywhere. If they loosen that and widen the restrictions then I feel its the only way to make it work somewhat.. Or at least half -Yoink- fair.. My experiences for some odd reason when against high ranks is hit registration is almost non existent. And I have yet to understand that. Whatever 343i decides to do they have to approach it very carefully.