Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Should Sprint/Flinch stay in the Halo series?

OP GH057ayame

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 40
Hey guys :D maybe if we keep this poll up we might end up with 1/5 the population of infinity slayer :/
WHY ARE EITHER OF THESE THINGS EVEN IN HALO TO BEGIN WITH? WHOEVER HAD THE IDEA FOR THESE PLEASE COME FORWARD.
Quote:
WHY ARE EITHER OF THESE THINGS EVEN IN HALO TO BEGIN WITH? WHOEVER HAD THE IDEA FOR THESE PLEASE COME FORWARD.
sorry :(
I voted to remove both.

Flinch and no descope was one of the things that I was worried about most before buying the game. And after many hours of playing I think I would rank it as the change I dislike the most.

Sprint I could go either way although I prefer no sprint as I agree that maps have gotten worse over the years.
I voted for both on accident when I intended to vote for "Sprint belongs, but Flinch should be taken out."

:(
Quote:
Haha Lethul is mad because Snipedown keeps ripping his face off in customs before he can land the 4th shot.

Anyways, to be on topic here. . . I think they both need to go. Flinch is a no brainer. It doesn't punish you at all really for getting shot while scoped in.

Sprint, though, I don't like it. Too often do I get 4 shots on someone only to have them sprint around a corner and hide, or be killed by someone else in rumble pit. It works in CoD because CoD has always had sprint and they designed the multiplayer around that mechanic. Halo is different. Having shields and the ability to sprint do not mix imo.
I personally think flinch should be removed and descope should come back.
Flinch is the worst thing about this game in my opinion. It takes a lot of skill out of the game and adds more randomness which sucks.

I actually like sprint in Halo 4, but if there was no sprint in future Halo games I would be ok with that.
Neither sprint or flinch belong in Halo, for reasons already thoroughly explored in this thread and the ones previous.

Snipers would actually be enjoyable w/ descope ;_;
Flinch is incredibly annoying in its current state. I say it this way because I could see it possibly being tweaked to be less punishing. But right now I have to say I hate it.

I actually don't mind sprint. I think it adds a much faster pace to the game. As long as it can be balanced, and I think its pretty well done in Halo 4, I like it.

Flinch-No
Sprint-Yes
Sprint was broken in Reach, maps weren't properly designed for it and weapons didn't have stopping power, but it works in Halo 4 and I would be ok with its inclusion in H5. Flinch needs to go though, descope is so much better and helps to make long range engagements skillful and the weapons not over powered.
Both of them need to go especially Sprint because it causes maps to be made to be much bigger then they need to be and we end up with maps like complex.

Sprint encourages poor gameplay because it essentially gives players a get out of jail free card off spawn.

Sprint/flinch are don't belong in a Halo game and neither do Armor abilities for that matter we need to go back to formula that the original trilogy perfected.
For the people who say neither, they both need to be removed, I want to ask why. Is it because you want that classic halo feel again? Is it because its like cod? Either way I could not take those as a legitimate answer.

I love sprint. It makes halo fast pace and gives you (or at least me) a good idea when and when not to sprint. And stopping power is way better than Halo Reach. I can't even play halo 3 because it's so slow compared to halo 4. Will they get rid of Sprint in the future titles? Very unlikely. Flinching, it's a whatever for me. But I would much rather have descope because of the fact that it takes more skill to use a precision weapon. Will they take out flinching and put descopping back? Maybe as an option.

Either way, I think people hate on sprint for poor reasons. Descopping I can understand.
Quote:
For the people who say neither, they both need to be removed, I want to ask why. Is it because you want that classic halo feel again? Is it because its like cod? Either way I could not take those as a legitimate answer.

I love sprint. It makes halo fast pace and gives you (or at least me) a good idea when and when not to sprint. And stopping power is way better than Halo Reach. I can't even play halo 3 because it's so slow compared to halo 4. Will they get rid of Sprint in the future titles? Very unlikely. Flinching, it's a whatever for me. But I would much rather have descope because of the fact that it takes more skill to use a precision weapon. Will they take out flinching and put descopping back? Maybe as an option.

Either way, I think people hate on sprint for poor reasons. Descopping I can understand.
Halo was already fast paced without sprint, because the maps were smaller and had better flow to them. Now theres no power position and the whole game is just abunch of idiots running around in circles.
Quote:
Quote:

Halo was already fast paced without sprint, because the maps were smaller and had better flow to them. Now theres no power position and the whole game is just abunch of idiots running around in circles.
With maps like Valhalla, last resort, sandtrap, narrows, construct, foundry to name a few that were most played. How was it fast paced? Everyone moved at the same movement speed, and players deserve to sprint. In my eyes, like I said you have to think when it's a good idea to sprint in halo 4. And with there being no power positions, you can blame the spawn system for that. Sprint has nothing to do with that.
I would like to see both removed as they've pushed so many gamers away from the game. I have a (4) full setups for original Xboxes, 4 bubble TVs, CE and H2 games in my room to keep my local buddies around. Most of them all disappeared after Reach started so to get everyone back together we have to find a game everyone likes, LANs all have died since Reach was released with all the new additions.

I don't even want to think about it if they add descope and keep sprint. They'll need to bring back 4 shots or tighter maps, but that wont work with sprint. Shooting at any range will cause so many people to get away. You shot a guy, he turn so run and another guy shots you. He gets away, you turn and run, your teammate shots the guy shooting you. No one dies because everyone can sprint away and you have descope.
Quote:
For the people who say neither, they both need to be removed, I want to ask why. Is it because you want that classic halo feel again? Is it because its like cod?
Sprint does not make a game fast paced any more than faster movement speed makes it fast paced.

Halo 3 had a slow movement speed, a precision weapon with poor range, and fairly large maps. Halo 3 was slow simply because it was slow, not because it lacked sprint.

Halo 2 was much faster in comparison. It had very small maps like Warlock, it had faster default speed, and it had faster killtimes that were more consistently achieved.

Halo is a game about moving and fighting constantly. It's a game about freedom of movement, being able to strafe fast and jump high.

CoD is a game about positioning, camping and taking out enemies before they take out you.

To be frank, sprint does not blend well with Halo at all. It forces people to stop shooting in order to move, and it works in bursts. And while in game's like CoD it can't be used to escape because of the ultra fast killtimes, it is easily abused in a game like Halo where everyone has shields.
Both need to go ASAP. They each hurt Halo in significant ways that I'm not bothering to go into since others have already explained the negatives of these two features.
Quote:
Quote:
For the people who say neither, they both need to be removed, I want to ask why. Is it because you want that classic halo feel again? Is it because its like cod?
Sprint does not make a game fast paced any more than faster movement speed makes it fast paced.

Halo 3 had a slow movement speed, a precision weapon with poor range, and fairly large maps. Halo 3 was slow simply because it was slow, not because it lacked sprint.

Halo 2 was much faster in comparison. It had very small maps like Warlock, it had faster default speed, and it had faster killtimes that were more consistently achieved.

Halo is a game about moving and fighting constantly. It's a game about freedom of movement, being able to strafe fast and jump high.

CoD is a game about positioning, camping and taking out enemies before they take out you.

To be frank, sprint does not blend well with Halo at all. It forces people to stop shooting in order to move, and it works in bursts.
I'm not being biased, but I can agree with you on the highlighted. but halo 2's bullet magnetism was ridiculous and with cheap button combos that isn't meant to be part of the game. But that's me on the off topic part. The map designs and movement speed I can agree with you on for the most part.

But positioning, camping, taking out enemies, moving and fighting constantly, I will disagree with. Shooters always had this concept and always will. Either it's a old school or a brand new shooter or a shooter that's different to one another, 10/10 times you will always have those exact same concepts in a shooter game. However, every player has their own play style in a shooter. Everyone plays differently because of what that player has experienced. What didn't work, what could, and can work.
Ditch them both.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

To be frank, sprint does not blend well with Halo at all. It forces people to stop shooting in order to move, and it works in bursts.
I'm not being biased, but I can agree with you on the highlighted. but halo 2's bullet magnetism was ridiculous and with cheap button combos that isn't meant to be part of the game. But that's me on the off topic part. The map designs and movement speed I can agree with you on for the most part.

But positioning, camping, taking out enemies, moving and fighting constantly, I will disagree with. Shooters always had this concept and always will. Either it's a old school or a brand new shooter or a shooter that's different to one another, 10/10 times you will always have those exact same concepts in a shooter game. However, every player has their own play style in a shooter. Everyone plays differently because of what that player has experienced. What didn't work, what could, and can work.
Cheap? They took precise timing and practice to master. They added a lot more depth to the game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 40