Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Should Sprint/Flinch stay in the Halo series?

OP GH057ayame

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 40
Quote:
Who is this ghostayame guy? Does he have power in 343?
Not sure if srs.

If you are, former MLG Halo pro, made the current gametype setting in Team Throwdown and playtested the weapon tuning. He's in the group picture from the recent bulletin

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/05/22/The-Halo-Bulletin-52213.aspx
Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts or inappropriate comments.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
logged in just to vote NO sprint and NO flinch
Neither Sprint or Flinching should be in game. There are no benefits what so ever to either. Think no sprint = smaller better maps ;)... Also all armour abilities need to be hidden under a rock and never found again. (especially you jet-pack you piece of -Yoink-)
De-Scoping needs to return but for it to work when its returned then you need to have a smaller map collection in general. H4's Maps are all too big with long path times regardless of where your going and this is because of the sprint mechanic!

Without sprint your going to see better map design like you did back in the day, were a position on the map could bank you many a kill without been rushed out by sprint flanking & jet packers... (Yeah remove jet packs from multiplayer too!)

Reach and Halo 4 both suck! due to these element.
Quote:
Neither Sprint or Flinching should be in game. There are no benefits what so ever to either. Think no sprint = smaller better maps ;)... Also all armour abilities need to be hidden under a rock and never found again. (especially you jet-pack you piece of Yoink!)
Jetpack is great if used properly (i.e. a way of moving around the map more creatively rather than flying into the air to shoot down on people). I do agree with you though.
Quote:
logged in just to vote NO sprint and NO flinch
^This.
Quote:
Who is this ghostayame guy? Does he have power in 343?
Like the other guy said but he's more than just an ex pro, he has many good contacts outside the MLG world that are related to gaming as well. He's been around since Sundance and Puckett.

The problem when you have any discussions about anything, you need a mellow medium which is how Ghost approaches conversations. If you listen to Ninja I honestly think he is the WRONG person, he gets way to animated and emotional, he turns things into what you see on these forums. "It's my way or the highway" which is the wrong approach.

Either way if Ghost has the influence and backing to help him push his recommendations. Look at the total votes, he did it.

Also, I would like to get back into the Halo game when I GOT STOMPED by better players. <-- yes, you read that right. I've played really good people even locals that always stomp me and the battles were always even. ?Shouldn't be happening?
"Jetpack is great if used properly (i.e. a way of moving around the map more creatively rather than flying into the air to shoot down on people). I do agree with you though."

It takes away map movement and power positions. granted it can be used in a few creative ways however it leads to an instant power position and gives you angles you should not have gotten without earning them.

Picture this :-

Your playing doubles on abandon your on beach, you have jut killed one member of the opposition, your team mate is dead and you are one shot. You see the other enemy on purple forest coming towards you as you are one shot you cannot yet challenge. you hide behind one of the crates.

^ you have done everything right played smart and not challenged while one shot. by the time the enemy gets to beach you'll (most likely)have your shields back and be ready to fight again... He jet-packs up get the height advantage and manages to get high enough to look down and spot your head over the crate, your still one shot and now dead.

^ I (and many people here)can give you hundreds of examples of JP BS like this

BS... Get that -Yoink- out
Why are people so anti-sprint? Sprinters get punished often in small maps and its not like you can sprint with the flag or oddball or anything. I like the addition of sprint, but flinch should go. Get descoping back.
Ghost supposedly u read these, so I just want to say, as a person who plays competitive customs everyday, sprint should be left in this game. I can't imagine spawning red ramp on haven and needing to get to bottom blue without sprint. You can't even make half the jumps on haven and abandon without sprint. SPRINT SHOULD BE LEFT OUT IN HALO 5. Descoping needs to come out all together. 4sk needs to be implemented. ONLY BR STARTS IN THROWDOWN AND DOUBLES PLAYLIST.
Quote:
"Jetpack is great if used properly (i.e. a way of moving around the map more creatively rather than flying into the air to shoot down on people). I do agree with you though."

It takes away map movement and power positions. granted it can be used in a few creative ways however it leads to an instant power position and gives you angles you should not have gotten without earning them.

Your playing doubles on abandon your on beach, you have jut killed one member of the opposition, your team mate is dead and you are one shot. You see the other enemy on purple forest coming towards you as you are one shot you cannot yet challenge. you hide behind one of the crates.

^ you have done everything right played smart and not challenged while one shot. by the time the enemy gets to beach you'll (most likely)have your shields back and be ready to fight again... He jet-packs up get the height advantage and manages to get high enough to look down and spot your head over the crate, your still one shot and now dead.

BS... Get that Sheet out
Did you not read what I said? I said if it is used properly and then explained to you what I meant, and I even mentioned the exact thing you did as not being a proper use of the jetpack. If Jetpack is used as a method of moving around the map, it could be used as a power-up to allow people to get to places that might otherwise be blocked off to them by the enemy team, just like people jetpacking up to Radio on Countdown, or even jetpacking from landing to top street on Haven. You don't need to give me an example, I already know what you're complaining about, what I'm talking about is using it properly on actual competitive maps.
Quote:
Ghost supposedly u read these, so I just want to say, as a person who plays competitive customs everyday, sprint should be left in this game. I can't imagine spawning red ramp on haven and needing to get to bottom blue without sprint. You can't even make half the jumps on haven and abandon without sprint. SPRINT SHOULD BE LEFT OUT IN HALO 5. Descoping needs to come out all together. 4sk needs to be implemented. ONLY BR STARTS IN THROWDOWN AND DOUBLES PLAYLIST.
343 has already made is clear, they aren't going to change flinch or sprint in Halo 4. Ghost and others are gathering feedback for the future of Halo. Things are going to change to much from what we are currently playing, but they are trying to convince them with Halo 5, etc.
Quote:
343 has already made is clear, they aren't going to change flinch or sprint in Halo 4. Ghost and others are gathering feedback for the future of Halo. Things are going to change to much from what we are currently playing, but they are trying to convince them with Halo 5, etc.
I thought they had caved on flinch (might be wrong). Sprint, though, I think you're right.
Quote:
Quote:

BS... Get that Sheet out
Did you not read what I said? I said if it is used properly and then explained to you what I meant, and I even mentioned the exact thing you did as not being a proper use of the jetpack. If Jetpack is used as a method of moving around the map, it could be used as a power-up to allow people to get to places that might otherwise be blocked off to them by the enemy team, just like people jetpacking up to Radio on Countdown, or even jetpacking from landing to top street on Haven. You don't need to give me an example, I already know what you're complaining about, what I'm talking about is using it properly on actual competitive maps.
it was less for you more venting my anger in general haha... I literally 5 mins before that post had that example happen to me.. you were my shoulder to cry on ;)
Flinch needs to go. Please bring back de-scoping.

As far as sprint... with the current maps built around it, it is hard to let it go. I feel we could have both options in a perfect world, if we had maps designed around NS.

I say for future Halo's get rid of sprint but for the time being leave it in.
No sprint and no flinch, it's really as simple as that. As for the reason, well it's been said one thousand times over now, so I won't go into them.

Seriously though, this one post is going to make no difference but no sprint/flinch in future Halo games....PLEASE
Sprint should stay flinch has to go
Quote:
Did you not read what I said? I said if it is used properly
There is no such thing. There is only use. When you give players weapons and abilities, the players then have carte blanche to use them in order to maximize their advantage. Period. The only way to prevent "improper" use is to code such use out of the game.
Quote:
Flinch needs to go. Please bring back de-scoping.
Why?

I particularly like flinching because it preserves the purpose of descoping (making snipers harder to use against aware opponents and allow players to push forward on them) and allows for long range engagements to actually happen rather than have two people try to ping each other from across Valhalla with unscoped weapons.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 40