Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Sick to DEATH of SMURFS!!!!

OP MissingTexas624

Hi guys, can you PLEASE do something about Smurfing?
It’s making a mockery of the ranking system.
My rank can fluctuate from a Gold 4 to Platinum 3 very rapidly, based on how many Smurf accounts I come across in succession (sometimes entire teams of them).
It’s not fair on me and it’s not fair on the “actual” Gold 4 (and below) players that I inevitably then slaughter on my way back up to platinum “x”....
The Smurfs claim they do it because they can’t find matches quickly...which makes sense if ALL the good players are too busy Smurfing to use their actual real accounts....

Stop Smurfing, make them use their proper accounts and they WILL have matches to play in against people of similar skill.
It’s pretty simple really.

PLEASE NOTE: This is MY Smurf account that I created in order to see what would happen with matchmaking when using a Smurf account.
Hi guys, can you PLEASE do something about Smurfing?
It’s making a mockery of the ranking system.
My rank can fluctuate from a Gold 4 to Platinum 3 very rapidly, based on how many Smurf accounts I come across in succession (sometimes entire teams of them).
It’s not fair on me and it’s not fair on the “actual” Gold 4 (and below) players that I inevitably then slaughter on my way back up to platinum “x”....
The Smurfs claim they do it because they can’t find matches quickly...which makes sense if ALL the good players are too busy Smurfing to use their actual real accounts....

Stop Smurfing, make them use their proper accounts and they WILL have matches to play in against people of similar skill.
It’s pretty simple really.

PLEASE NOTE: This is MY Smurf account that I created in order to see what would happen with matchmaking when using a Smurf account.
343 has taken action recently. Have a look at this thread https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-and-ranking-manipulation-bans/33494f76-41cc-4090-b537-01a46582f88f/posts
Congrats on contributing to the problem.