Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

So it's a saturday night and...

OP A R C A S I U S

I still can't find a match in social unless I wait MINIMUM 15 minutes. I've tried on both expanded and balanced and still takes me so long. What gives? Been happening for an entire week now and thought it was a population issue but it's a saturday and everybody should be on. In fact, it's 1:30 am sunday morning for me in australia which means it's 7:30am in the USA. Should I just give up?
At 7:30 on a Saturday morning in the US, I imagine all the kids are still in bed from a long night of playing....lol
Here's a thread on matchmaking, that may help explain longer wait times.... MatchMaking Thread
BadDogg55 wrote:
At 7:30 on a Saturday morning in the US, I imagine all the kids are still in bed from a long night of playing....lol
Here's a thread on matchmaking, that may help explain longer wait times.... MatchMaking Thread
I usually play at this time for years now and find games usually within 30 secs max.

Are they basically saying theyve removed parties from joining in social playlists? Don't really follow as everybody is asking warzone questions
BadDogg55 wrote:
I usually play at this time for years now and find games usually within 30 secs max.

Are they basically saying theyve removed parties from joining in social playlists? Don't really follow as everybody is asking warzone questions
No... They did the opposite. They opened it up to full parties, but it's just like Warlords. The game tries to match the teams evenly as far as skill goes, but the drawback is if your team is Onyx there's not much of a chance getting a 12 vs 12 game. You have to really read all that was done so you can understand everything that they did. I've been following the thread for a month or so.
The population is low right now with the backward compatible games MS released plus Destiny 2 is probably one of the reasons the population is so low.