Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Social Playlist too Sweaty

OP DiSC0w

I have been enjoying the new social CTF playlist as of lately, but it doesn't seem to fill the void of a CASUAL and RELAXED playlist because of very the tightly skill-based matchmaking it uses. Please loosen the rank/skill matching a little bit so I can breath a little more while playing a social playlist...
You must be insane. All the 'social' games i've been in were against full teams of diamond rank and above. The matchmaking already sucks, lets not make it suck more.

At the end of the day though, the only players who will ever get a 'social' experience in Halo are elite players. The rest of us will always constantly be bombarded with sweaty try hards.
Tazzman29 wrote:
You must be insane. All the 'social' games i've been in were against full teams of diamond rank and above. The matchmaking already sucks, lets not make it suck more.

At the end of the day though, the only players who will ever get a 'social' experience in Halo are elite players. The rest of us will always constantly be bombarded with sweaty try hards.
you do know social has no restrictions who you are matched with. Thats literally the only difference between ranked and social. Dont blame the matchmaking when its not to function that way in a social mode.
Tazzman29 wrote:

you do know social has no restrictions who you are matched with. Thats literally the only difference between ranked and social. Dont blame the matchmaking when its not to function that way in a social mode.
Well then what incentive do I have to use it then? Go in and get pub stomped by pro teams as cannon fodder so THEY can have a laid back experience? That's bull. This game just continues to cater to the elite more and more. There should be some form of matchmaking, even with no rank.
Tazzman29 wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:

Well then what incentive do I have to use it then? Go in and get pub stomped by pro teams as cannon fodder so THEY can have a laid back experience? That's bull. This game just continues to cater to the elite more and more. There should be some form of matchmaking, even with no rank.
every halo game has had that problem. heck every game in general has, you are never guaranteed to play against people the same level as you, more so in social modes. It does not help that the modes in social at the moment are competitive in nature (CTF is very much so), now that fiesta and grifball will be released along with infection soon after I would expect the social modes to be more laid back. that being said people still play to win, whether its ranked or not, dont blame the game for human nature.
Social playlists are not some magic place where lower-ranked players suddenly can win every match. You'll find a range of bad to good players in social, just like ranked. The difference is that you can play without worrying about a rank to manage. You can just play. This doesn't mean you'll always win, or be MM with people not in pre-made fireteams.
There are a lot of valid points here. I'm a silver level player at best and I find the ranked playlists to be much more enjoyable because at least I'm with people of similar ability. The social playlists are just awful--I'd have stopped playing multiplayer long ago if that were the only option.

That said, I really enjoy warzone and often do very well, so clearly there is some ranking behind the scenes.
I kept warning you people that social versions of competitive modes won't work. Believing that a social playlist is going to adjust how people play the game is complete fallacy. If your goal is to play a game for relaxation, then you should ask for Action Sack, Infected, and Grifball (which is coming soon).

Oh, and if your idea of relaxation is to win against lower skilled players only, you are pitiful. The excuse of "not wanting to sweat" is mainly focused on slaying noobs.
DiSC0w wrote:
Please loosen the rank/skill matching a little bit so I can breath a little more while playing a social playlist...
No offense, but you are what's wrong with the community. Your goal is to breathe a little more by slaying people who have a lower skill level than you? Sounds like you're a bully.
Let's just be happy that 343 gave us as social playlist after the many requests for it!
Laid back experience for sweaty try hards interesting combination... That's hot and cold!
But I definitely agree that the social list seems to be more intense than the ranked playlists
I don't mind playing against SOME similarly ranked enemies, but I don't think the whole team should be comprised of them. I just think they should diversify the social playlist between like maybe 3 skill divisions instead of 1. It would loosen up and relax the game play and make for a more fun and less serious environment... which is what a social playlist should offer.
Rugged1269 wrote:
DiSC0w wrote:
Please loosen the rank/skill matching a little bit so I can breath a little more while playing a social playlist...
No offense, but you are what's wrong with the community. Your goal is to breathe a little more by slaying people who have a lower skill level than you? Sounds like you're a bully.
That's not what I'm trying to accomplish here. I just would like to see more skill diversity in social playlist. I'm not saying that since I'm onyx I want to only match up against all silver and gold division players so that I can mindlessly slay them.

I would actually expect the other team to have SOME similarly rated onyx players as well. But also, I wish they threw in more diamonds or maybe a few higher ranked platinum players too.
Well this ties in with a deeper problem with matchmaking... Unless I'm willing to delete 80% of my friend list, I'm always going to get my butt kicked. Friends and others tell me the best way to get better is to play with and against better players, but I strongly disagree. If they are 1-2 levels above you (Silver 4-6 vs Silver 1-3 for example), then that is realistic. The problem is that many of my friends are several tiers above me and tend to draw much better competition. I end up in last place (3rd if I'm lucky) over and over again. Yes, I review games in theater mode and no it most definitely does not help. There should be some kind of handicap system instead or only allow multilevel parties to play in custom games, never in open matchmaking. That would be perfect in my opinion.
So you want to poop on bronze players so they can then make this same exact thread too? lol
Japarikan wrote:
So you want to poop on bronze players so they can then make this same exact thread too? lol
Not sure you know how to read.