Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Stopgap Fireteam Matchmaking

OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
As discussed in the today's blog post, simple fireteam matching is now live.

This is a thread to give your impressions in.

Remember, this is just a stopgap and not the ideal full implementation which is coming quite a bit later.
Hello, I just wanted to ask if this also applies to a two-person-fireteam or just between solo players and Full squads.

Tyvm
Any chance we could try this change on regular WZ and remove the fireteam limit? So many times my fireteams fill up to 7 and we're stuck rotating
Big day for Halo that's for sure! Just got done reading the blog and am excited to jump in and try it out. I think this is a fantastic starting point to build off of for the future. It was so hard to tell if you were getting matched against a full team before. You had to see in the post-carnage screen if they were in the same company or if they had a variation of the same gamer-tag or if they had a diamond and a silver on the same team and you could figure it out from there. This feels right by what your're describing and I hope it works well. It's kinda been a long time coming for a lot of players. Thanks for implementing it and continuing to see it through to the next project. It means a lot and shows that ya'll care and are listening. Thanks Josh!
Any chance we could try this change on regular WZ and remove the fireteam limit? So many times my fireteams fill up to 7 and we're stuck rotating
We might be able to do this eventually, but not with the stopgap solution.

Part of the problem is we can get into a place where a large fireteam will never match, and we don't have a way to communicate this effectively.

It won't be a great experience if you are matchmaking forever, not knowing it'll never happen.
nendoras wrote:
Hello, I just wanted to ask if this also applies to a two-person-fireteam or just between solo players and Full squads.

Tyvm
2-person fireteams will also be less likely to match larger fireteams. It's not specific to solo / full.

But it's also not super powerful yet.
Is the full implementation planned for Halo 5 or future titles?
There's nothing currently about it that couldn't be used in future titles.
ZaedynFel wrote:
There's nothing currently about it that couldn't be used in future titles.
Awesome - Thanks for being so active on the forums!
ZaedynFel wrote:
nendoras wrote:

Tyvm
2-person fireteams will also be less likely to match larger fireteams. It's not specific to solo / full.

But it's also not super powerful yet.
No matter. A start is welcome.
A big thank you to 343. I been waiting for this and its very welcomed here, specially for people who run solo arena.
This is great news. I hope it works as intended.
Thank you so much guys
I just tried team slayer ranked earlier and, as a solo player, THANK YOU for implementing this!!!
This atualization is so bad. Playing alone, i dont find match.
Just played my first match of btb and face a full team of 6 mostly a team of 8 based off 6 all being in the same spartan compant.

I wad searching with 1 other friend. So a 2v6 or 2v7 situation. Will this get more accurate over time? I just want fair matching so bad.

Seems like I'm always on the short end of the stick.
Just played my first match of btb and face a full team of 6 mostly a team of 8 based off 6 all being in the same spartan compant.

I wad searching with 1 other friend. So a 2v6 or 2v7 situation. Will this get more accurate over time? I just want fair matching so bad.

It will get a little better. But the stopgap isn't powerful enough to outright prevent sizes under full.

The long term solution will make better matches by accounting for skill better without needing size restrictions.

I'd say it could get worse. Now that the new Destiny/CoD will release soon. The population will probably shrink some more and getting 'fair' matches will be rare.
After this update, I can no longer find matches when I play alone. This update only benefits people who can play with friends. With this upgrade the number of halo 5 players will drop significantly. If the 343i does not change anything I will have to stop playing Halo 5. You have killed Halo 5.
thank you 343 for doing this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2