Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Super Fiesta has no balance ~ change my mind

OP ZOLLINGER11B

While I enjoy an average super fiesta game, often times I feel that this game type has absolutely no balance. For example, blue team starts with rocket launchers, continues to get rocket launchers and answers, while red team continuously spawns with hand guns and basic load out weapons. This often ends up in a blow out, even if the competing team isn't all that great.
Why isn't there a balancing system in place for this game type to level the playing field? For example, the answer spawns on red team, so a weapon or two weapons that made an equivalent spawn on the other team.
Super fiesta used to be one of my top 5 playlists, but is quickly moving down to the bottom of the list as it has become frustrating and unbalanced.
Change my mind
Why would anyone try to change your mind? Of course Super Fiesta has no balance; that's the point of the gametype. It's purposefully up to random chance.
Do you have any data to support your claim? I don't think you understand the point of Super Fiesta because it's not supposed to be balanced.
I kinda feel your pain but with TF it is what it is. I do feel they curbed the Incineration Cannon spawns. Used to be everyone had one.
While I enjoy an average super fiesta game, often times I feel that this game type has absolutely no balance. For example, blue team starts with rocket launchers, continues to get rocket launchers and answers, while red team continuously spawns with hand guns and basic load out weapons. This often ends up in a blow out, even if the competing team isn't all that great.
Why isn't there a balancing system in place for this game type to level the playing field? For example, the answer spawns on red team, so a weapon or two weapons that made an equivalent spawn on the other team.
Super fiesta used to be one of my top 5 playlists, but is quickly moving down to the bottom of the list as it has become frustrating and unbalanced.
Change my mind
I can actually relate to you on this. I feel like it is supposed to be a "super fiesta" like the name claims, consisting of randomness and what not, but honestly I feel like some matches may not be all that random. One team gets some amazing and very conveinient weapons according to their spawns, where the other team gets poop. I've basically been on both ends of the stick. Sometimes I'll spawn with a basic battle rifle or storm rifle three or four times in a row, and then some games I'll spawn with a nornfang, whatever the best shotgun is, and rockets, lots of rockets.

If you could pull some hard evidence via theater or Halo Tracker, I'd be pretty impressed. No doubt there are probably inconsistencies in the "randomness" of the game type, it all just depends how much you or someone else is willing to dig.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Do you have any data to support your claim? I don't think you understand the point of Super Fiesta because it's not supposed to be balanced.
The evidence might be out there, but it would just be way too long a process to find and not even be worth it imo lol
I've long lobbied that disabling weapon pickup would make Fiesta perfect, but I don't have the energy to get that soapbox out lol.

For me the issue isn't random spawns, it's the sweaty peeps that have to constantly trade up weapons.
Change my mind
I can actually relate to you on this. I feel like it is supposed to be a "super fiesta" like the name claims, consisting of randomness and what not, but honestly I feel like some matches may not be all that random. One team gets some amazing and very conveinient weapons according to their spawns, where the other team gets poop. I've basically been on both ends of the stick. Sometimes I'll spawn with a basic battle rifle or storm rifle three or four times in a row, and then some games I'll spawn with a nornfang, whatever the best shotgun is, and rockets, lots of rockets.

If you could pull some hard evidence via theater or Halo Tracker, I'd be pretty impressed. No doubt there are probably inconsistencies in the "randomness" of the game type, it all just depends how much you or someone else is willing to dig.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
The evidence might be out there, but it would just be way too long a process to find and not even be worth it imo lol
Yup, just imagine. You put in all that work just to find out that yeah, Super Fiesta indeed has no balance. And the direct cause is the fact that weapon spawns are completely random. You know, just like it says in the playlist description. So you've put in all that work to find an answer that was already given.

But anyway, what OP is talking about is nothing new when it comes to Super Fiesta. We always remember the bad games, but have selective amnesia when it comes to the games where we had all the god-tier weaponry.

Word to the wise: Get over it. There's no way you should be expecting good weapons 100% of the time when RNG is involved.
Well, I was only being a little bit serious since it's already been verified a good while ago that it's completely random.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Well, I was only being a little bit serious since it's already been verified a good while ago that it's completely random.
TBF, the really good stuff (Mythic and Legendary weapons) are weighted a bit less than the other items (I remember reading somewhere from Josh or someone). But even if it's weighted, it's still weighted the same for every player, and still uses RNG to figure out what weapon you spawn with.
Change my mind
True but, if you use the handguns right and position yourself well you can outplay those with rockets and answers. Besides randomness is the point of Fiesta.
Nothing better than getting a perfect with a basic magmun on someone that has been wrecking you and your team with some mythic or op weapon.
One of the reasons I hate playing Fiesta is spawning with Standard Weapons the whole match. I was even more thrilled to know that the competitive-ish BTB playlist had its population chopped by 343I adding a BTB Fiesta. Im surprised my vehicles don't turn to Standard Variants when I drive them.
I've long lobbied that disabling weapon pickup would make Fiesta perfect, but I don't have the energy to get that soapbox out lol.

For me the issue isn't random spawns, it's the sweaty peeps that have to constantly trade up weapons.
I totally agree with this. I hardly ever pick up weapons in fiesta (usually only if I run out of ammo), just because it's more interesting to try and make do with what I spawn with. But people who only pick up the heavies are usually going to beat me.
I agree, and that's what makes it so fun. It's random, chaotic, and unbalanced.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show