Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[SWAT] is broken / Feedback Thread

OP SatrdayNiteWrst

Spawn Invincibilty to stop Spawn Killing?

Make Your Selection:

After playing enough of SWAT, I seem to notice that the majority of games that I actually lose aren't because of my performance, but due to the fact that I'll spawn in the middle of the enemy team's gunshot and get killed. I can't stress how many deaths I've had due to the fact that the spawns in this game are laughable, and because the enemy team will abuse the spawn locations by camping and pulling off spawn kills.

It is an unfair advantage in the game that needs to be dealt with, and I think adding spawn invincibility will help deal with this problem.A lot of other First Person Shooters have Spawn Invincibility, and I think Halo should join the ranks of that. I don't think players should be punished and have their ranking destroyed because of a much needed mechanic has not been implemented. Hopefully others will agree with me, and if that happens 343 will listen to this request. Not only adding 3 to 5 second spawn invincibility to SWAT, but for other game modes as well.
After playing enough of SWAT, I seem to notice that the majority of games that I actually lose aren't because of my performance, but due to the fact that I'll spawn in the middle of the enemy team's gunshot and get killed. I can't stress how many deaths I've had due to the fact that the spawns in this game are laughable, and because the enemy team will abuse the spawn locations by camping and pulling off spawn kills.

It is an unfair advantage in the game that needs to be dealt with, and I think adding spawn invincibility will help deal with this problem.A lot of other First Person Shooters have Spawn Invincibility, and I think Halo should join the ranks of that. I don't think players should be punished and have their ranking destroyed because of a much needed mechanic has not been implemented. Hopefully others will agree with me, and if that happens 343 will listen to this request. Not only adding 3 to 5 second spawn invincibility to SWAT, but for other game modes as well.
I think fixing the issues with spawning across halo 5 would be a better solution.
@comedyshermit

That's also a viable option.
The problem that spawn invincibility would cause is the invincible guy getting an easy kill. If I'm invincible and the other guy isn't, guess who's winning that fight.
The problem that spawn invincibility would cause is the invincible guy getting an easy kill. If I'm invincible and the other guy isn't, guess who's winning that fight.
The thing is people shouldn't be camping spawns, and 343 shouldn't have terrible spawns either.
Yeah its a tough call. I dont think invincibility is the answer but something should be changed. I made a video the other day of me getting spawn killed 6 times in a row. Couldnt move a foot. It was laughable. There are nooks and crannies in every map that people could spawn in. I think they shouls be adjusted in swat but i do understand that it is a difficult problem for 343 to deal with. Especially with the dmr, there have to be no lines of sight to your spawn point, but the maps are carefully constructed so people have trouble camping. But, i agree something should be done -- but the burden should be on 343 to fix it, not the public to come up with something. They are, after all, the professionals... and the ones profiting from this product
I had a game recently where I spawned right behind a guy after he ran past my spawn point. I was able to shoot him in the back for an easy kill. Doesn't seem fair, but I'm glad I was on the happy side of that one as I've been on the dead side of that way too many times myself. How about NO spawn until the coast is very well clear? I'd prefer a longer respawn time to instant death any day..