2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
AshamanND wrote:
You 343 folk love testing us. Sounds to me like testing for progression unlock systems, another thing that shows they listen :)

Oh yeah, and the black 1 looks cool
I agree about the black one, and I'm happy they've put these in. Although I probably won't spend much time going for them, as I'm trying to work of MCC achievements now.

I'm not sure this is specifically testing out a progression unlock system though. There have been plenty of progression unlocks in various halo games, don't think they need to test it. *I know I know - they haven't always worked perfectly in the past*

I just think these skins were a 'hey let's give people something to do in H5 before Infinite comes out next (next next) year."
I mean yeah Halo has had them before but like you said they were never perfect. Halo has always had playlists but they constantly test and update those.

There is more than one way to make a progression unlock system and I guess this is one of their more favorable options. One thing they'd need to test for is community response. How do people feel about the system, is it enjoyable and accessible, does it work better than other options.

I feel if this was content rather than testing that there would be more... content. The game is almost 3 years old, and 5 skins aren't going to boost the population or distract people until Halo: Infinite. Oddball will probably be the last actual content we see.
Stromyy wrote:
Didn’t you play with the W3 Need Achilles company back in the helmet-grinding days? I used to have you added as a friend I think.
Nah, I was in Achilles Armor.
AshamanND wrote:
You 343 folk love testing us. Sounds to me like testing for progression unlock systems, another thing that shows they listen :)

I agree about the black one, and I'm happy they've put these in. Although I probably won't spend much time going for them, as I'm trying to work of MCC achievements now.

I'm not sure this is specifically testing out a progression unlock system though. There have been plenty of progression unlocks in various halo games, don't think they need to test it. *I know I know - they haven't always worked perfectly in the past*

I just think these skins were a 'hey let's give people something to do in H5 before Infinite comes out next (next next) year."
I mean yeah Halo has had them before but like you said they were never perfect. Halo has always had playlists but they constantly test and update those.

There is more than one way to make a progression unlock system and I guess this is one of their more favorable options. One thing they'd need to test for is community response. How do people feel about the system, is it enjoyable and accessible, does it work better than other options.

I feel if this was content rather than testing that there would be more... content. The game is almost 3 years old, and 5 skins aren't going to boost the population or distract people until Halo: Infinite. Oddball will probably be the last actual content we see.
I hear ya.

But considering they had previously said 'no more content' I see this more as an 'ok, maybe we'll just drop this nugget.'
AshamanND wrote:

i like to join so i will get new skin
Nice, I want that black and red one.
I for one appreciate cool new skins earned through playing a game I still enjoy; I'm glad to see support and neat things like this this long after launch.
Dear Friends/Spartans: I know we didn’t have for a while special skins like this. Even though, we had HCS teams skins and special edition like: Fire and Ice Unicorn Skin and more. I’m level 150 and if I were level 152, doesn’t change at all what I love: Halo!
We love Halo Universe and Halo community as well.
Thanks 343, Friend and Spartans ❤️
This is gonna be forever or limited time?
ZaedynFel wrote:
Unlock New Magnum skins with the Targetmaster Commendation!Unlock up to five sweet new Magnum skins by winning matches with the new Targetmaster Commendation!
The commendation has five milestones, each of which grants a new skin.
Here are the skins:

Win matches in Arena, Social, and Warzone PVP playlists to advance through each of the Commendation’s five levels.
Get out there and earn your favorite!
HaXoR73 wrote:
I'm so going for that 4th skin. You don't even know how long I've wanted a chrome Magnum skin.
Yeah, I gotta say, that is the one I was looking at too :)
If only the last batch of commendations had also unlocked Emblems or weapon skins. Grunt Goblin Slayer and Gravity Hammer Kills were two from that batch of commendations. And it's a pity that Grifball doesn't seem to be available. That was my go-to for PVP, it could come in handy now, like it did for Gravity Hammer kills.
I and many people should already have these skins. I feel even worse for the guys that have already hit SR152 and their grind is over. This is a cool addition to H5 though and adds a very small amount of progression and purpose to the game, finally.
Now can we get some for Firefight...like, wins, boss kills, Legendary kills, Mythic kills, stuff liek that.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
ZaedynFel wrote:
Unlock New Magnum skins with the Targetmaster Commendation!Unlock up to five sweet new Magnum skins by winning matches with the new Targetmaster Commendation!
The commendation has five milestones, each of which grants a new skin.
Here are the skins:

Win matches in Arena, Social, and Warzone PVP playlists to advance through each of the Commendation’s five levels.
Get out there and earn your favorite!
Pretty sure its forever, its an actual built-in commendation to the game. You can still get stuff that was avalible from launch via commendations so
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
eLantern wrote:
This is an awesome and unexpected surprise! I'll be aiming for the Black and Red one to see if I like it more than the default Pistol skin.

Now I'm wondering if we can get similar skins for the AR too? Because I'd love to rock a matching Black and Red one.

Oh, and Thank You 343i for this!
They'll release new AR skins for wins right after you complete all the new pistol skins if you know what I mean ;) , even worse if they become available in REQ packs (not to mention the tradegy of Helioskrill).
Even if they did that it would still be a positive addition to the game anyways. This win system should of been how we got all the other items (REQS), instead of opening REQ packs. Its something to give purpose for more grinding now.
That's pretty neat. I don't know if I'll get to the max wins as I don't play as much anymore for many reasons, but it's still neat.

To anyone complaining, why?? Be thankful your getting anything. If your sole purpose to play Halo 5 is to grind whatever, maybe you should rethink a few things...like why waste your time on a game if you don't really like playing it. Maybe you should play something else, or better yet, stop reading this and go outside lol :) If you do like playing halo 5, then just play and enjoy the game. The wins will come.

I'm guessing wins start counting effective today, basically?

Some of those are pretty sweet. Might actually drag me away from Overwatch for a bit. :)
I hear ya. I took a few seasons off of Overwatch, but going to get back into i think. Fun game, but if people ever thought the Halo community was toxic, play Overwatch lolol!! It has gotten a lot better though. Maybe i'll see ya out there (I'm a Orisa main)

Halo & Overwatch are my two MP FPS. Only two there can be, no more, no less lol ;) Thanks ZaedynFel and thank everyone else at 343I who made this happen.
Why does it start from zero!? I have 402 wins and they count for nothing!?
These skins are a cool reason to revisit the game from time to time. The look so sick! Great job and thanks for releasing these and making them obtainable by playing the game. Maybe revert those weapon tunings to what they were on October 31, 2017, and you might get some more frequent visits 😜
Madeomoney wrote:
Because they want you to earn them, not be handed them. :P

I'm guessing wins start counting effective today, basically?
Some of those are pretty sweet. Might actually drag me away from Overwatch for a bit. :)
I hear ya. I took a few seasons off of Overwatch, but going to get back into i think. Fun game, but if people ever thought the Halo community was toxic, play Overwatch lolol!! It has gotten a lot better though. Maybe i'll see ya out there (I'm a Orisa main)
Halo & Overwatch are my two MP FPS. Only two there can be, no more, no less lol ;) Thanks ZaedynFel and thank everyone else at 343I who made this happen.
I only play comp to get placed to get the points towards gold guns. I don't take it seriously at alllllllll. I dork around with D.Va, Sombra, Reaper, Baguette mostly. Along with a side of Tracer, Hammy, and Mei.
Madeomoney wrote:
Madeomoney wrote:
Because they want you to earn them, not be handed them. :P
Because they want to bring back some player without effort like how they add forge maps.
Now i have the proof that Halo 5 population is very low
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9