3. 31
  4. 32
  5. 33
  6. 34
  7. 35
  8. ...
  9. 36
Quote:
Husky Raid is literally showing up in the first voting option 99.9999999% percent of the time.

IT'S GETTING OLD 343!!
On that thought, Husky Raid should have been a variant of Dominion, since that'd fit the 'raid' mechanic better. :/
Quote:
Quote:
Husky Raid is literally showing up in the first voting option 99.9999999% percent of the time.

IT'S GETTING OLD 343!!
On that thought, Husky Raid should have been a variant of Dominion, since that'd fit the 'raid' mechanic better. :/
An Action Sacked Dominion Variant? This must happen!

Seriously though, that would be pretty cool to see, but might be hard to pull off. With all the power weapons floating around the turrets would be useless and once the other team is starting to convert the other base it'd be nothing but a spawn-killing session.
So, the new gametypes...

Clang of the Hill doesn't feel... unique for Action Sack. However, it existed in Halo 3 and was very fun, and still is in Halo 4. So I have no complaints here.

Paintball and Husky Raid. Just as fun in MM as they are in Customs. Got nothing wrong with either one. Though Swords and Hammers in Husky Raid would be nice.

While it doesn't sound like I'm saying much about the new gametypes, rest assured, I'm thoroughly enjoying them!

Other than that, still waiting for Stickyball and Dodgeball to be added.
Can't even get paintball to come up on the list - can you make Forge Island a requirement?
Quote:
Can't even get paintball to come up on the list - can you make Forge Island a requirement?
It's random. I've had Husky Raid not come up for 4-5 searches straight. Other times it's every search.
Quote:
So, the new gametypes...

Clang of the Hill doesn't feel... unique for Action Sack. However, it existed in Halo 3 and was very fun, and still is in Halo 4. So I have no complaints here.

Paintball and Husky Raid. Just as fun in MM as they are in Customs. Got nothing wrong with either one. Though Swords and Hammers in Husky Raid would be nice.

While it doesn't sound like I'm saying much about the new gametypes, rest assured, I'm thoroughly enjoying them!

Other than that, still waiting for
Quote:
Stickyball and Dodgeball to be added.
Agreed :-)
Clang of the Hill lacks uniqueness, and is only proof Shotgun Ricochet belongs in Action Sack

Husky Raid has 1 major issue: Spawn killing with binary rifle. I realize Action Sack doesn't need to be competitive, but I have never had a more frustrating experience in halo than spawning (possibly with IC or my own binary) and immediately dying before I can do anything multiple times in a row. Why is Husky Raid on this map instead of the normal map anyways?
Not sure how to fix it, but Paintball is such a finite number of kills - 20 max for the winning side.

Given how infrequently it comes up, it makes for a long time. Any thoughts on how it can get extended?
Will Grifgoose ever see MM?
Is Mini Slayer still in Action Sack? I haven't seen it in months, and I really miss playing it.

I'm fine with the idea of Husky Raid, but I think it needs to be changed in the following ways:

- all sniper rifles removed from the spawn pool. A single sniper should spawn on a timer in the middle of the map.

- all loadout weapons should be removed from the spawn pool. It's frustrating facing down a team with each member having sniper / heavy weapon combination, and you spawn with an AR and a plasma pistol, and then a supressor and a magnum, and then a storm rifle and a plasma pistol.

- Add railgun to the spawn pool (seriously, is there a reason it isn't in there?)

Spawn Pool should be: Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Saw, FRG, Railgun, Incineration Cannon, Scattershot, Needler, Sticky Detonator, Concussion Rifle, and Spartan Laser.
Quote:
I'm fine with the idea of Husky Raid, but I think it needs to be changed in the following ways:

- all sniper rifles removed from the spawn pool. A single sniper should spawn on a timer in the middle of the map.

- all loadout weapons should be removed from the spawn pool. It's frustrating facing down a team with each member having sniper / heavy weapon combination, and you spawn with an AR and a plasma pistol, and then a supressor and a magnum, and then a storm rifle and a plasma pistol.
I have to disagree with this. If Husky Raid is changed at all, the snipers and heavy weapons should be removed and placed in personal ordnance. That way they still remain as part of the game but they don't play a prominant role. If any weapons/abilities or power-ups appear on the map, it should be one of the following: an overshield, a speed boost, or a Jet Pack.
Quote:
Quote:

I have to disagree with this. If Husky Raid is changed at all, the snipers and heavy weapons should be removed and placed in personal ordnance. That way they still remain as part of the game but they don't play a prominant role. If any weapons/abilities or power-ups appear on the map, it should be one of the following: an overshield, a speed boost, or a Jet Pack.
They tried that with Fiesta, and it did not work.

I think they should just average out the spawning weighting.
Quote:

- Add railgun to the spawn pool (seriously, is there a reason it isn't in there?)

Spawn Pool should be: Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Saw, FRG, Railgun, Incineration Cannon, Scattershot, Needler, Sticky Detonator, Concussion Rifle, and Spartan Laser.
I think that they figure that Rock and Rail will give plenty of chances?
Quote:
Quote:

If that is the case, then why Rockets? Why Binary Rifle when Binary Slayer exists?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I just don't understand why the railgun was left out - and I think that having so many snipers on the map at once discourages movement.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If that is the case, then why Rockets? Why Binary Rifle when Binary Slayer exists?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I just don't understand why the railgun was left out - and I think that having so many snipers on the map at once discourages movement.
I do believe it's because the railgun has the highest bullet magnetism of any gun in the game. If the reticle is red, then the person is dead. And if the reticle is touching a person and you have host it's also a guaranteed kill regardless if the reticle color.
Quote:
They tried that with Fiesta, and it did not work.

I think they should just average out the spawning weighting.
The main reason it didn't work was because you got an ordnance with every single kill (Fiesta was also expected to work a certain way and 343 changed it, I don't think such a change to HR would yield as much uproar). If they changed it to 1 ordnance every 250 points for Husky Raid I think it would work quite well.

A Speed Boost or Over Shield on map would encourage teams to play the objective.
No more husky raid. Give it its own playlist and move on.

It is popular for people who just want to shoot power weapons because fiesta was too hard.

Also, original fiesta was fun.
Well, I originally posted this in Matchmaking, but snickerdoodle suggested that I post it here.

First off, I'd like to take a moment to thank 343 for putting in the time to keep updating Action Sack every now and then. When Halo 4 first came out, I thought it would largely be ignored, which would've made me sad since it was my favorite playlist in Halo: Reach. So, thankfully, 343 has (mostly) lived up to my hopes in regards to the Sack of Action.

Now, for the issues. One of the biggest issues is Husky Raid. It shows up on the vote way too often and it gets voted way too often. This wouldn't be a problem if the map selected for it was actually good. The map promotes heavy camping on your team's flag and getting kills, rather than going for the flag. If each team has any sort of player that has any semblance of skill, the match will go nowhere. The vast majority of my matches on Husky Raid, along with many other players I know, have ended in ties. Ultimately, Husky Raid ends up being a complete waste of time. Now, I know that winning isn't everything, but it's really annoying when I can't win simply because of the map and/or my teammates wanting to get kills, rather than push for the flag.

My easy suggestion is to simply remove Husky Raid from Matchmaking, but I also believe that the gametype could do much better on a more efficient map, as in a non-narrow hall map. My second issue comes from a lack of more variety within Action Sack. At this point, there are two gametypes with random weapons (Husky Raid and Fiesta, a gametype with only plasma pistols, a lesser version of Splockets, and mini-slayer. I'm pretty sure there's another option or two, but I can't think of them off the top of my head simply because they're not that memorable or because I'm not sure if they're still in Action Sack since I just never see them, such as Binary Slayer.

So, here's the thing, 343. Currently, Halo 4's Action Sack is just inferior to the Action Sack of Halo: Reach. Reach had much more variety and had totally unique game types, such as Hotshot, Hog Potato, Hockey, Halo Ball, Dino Blasters and BOOM! Ball. And that's not even mentioning the less unique ones, such as Shotgun Assault, Shotty Snipes, and Splockets (which is superior to Rock and Rail). For Halo 4's Sack of Action to really thrive, it needs more diversity. It needs less of things like Husky Raid and more things like Hotshot, Dino Blasters (would now have to be Spartan Blasters), and Hog Potato. Bringing back Assault so that we could have Shotgun Assault again would be a nice plus. But, while you're at it, you might as well just bring back Action Sack to Halo: Reach.

In all honesty, removing Action Sack was the final nail in Reach's coffin for me. After removing Anniversary BTB and Squad Slayer, Action Sack was all that was left for me on Reach. You had a good thing going for you, 343, but you killed it. You made Reach so much more fun by improving on what Bungie had built, but you took it all away when you really didn't need to. Action Sack is by no means THE core experience of Halo, but I believe it to be an integral part since Bungie introduced it in Halo 3. Action Sack just allows players to experience the wackiness of Halo. It's a time to take a break from the more serious/competitive playlists and to just have a good time. However, I just don't feel that relaxation that I seek when I go into it on Halo 4 due to the lack of diversity that Action Sack truly needs.

So, please, 343, work on Action Sack. Preferably, it'd mean a lot to many players if you could bring it back to Reach (even though you've declared in the past to never touch Reach again), but it would also mean a lot if you could improve Action Sack on Halo 4 before the next Halo comes out. My suggestion would be to start by taking the gametypes of rotational playlists and inserting them into Action Sack. I believe that this would be a vast improvement and would make the playlist more popular.

If anyone from 343 actually took the time to read all of that, then I thank you for your time.
Action Sack was the best in Halo 3. I remember playing Sandbox Plasmaball or only grenades where I can actually get kills; it was awesome, kept playing Halo 3 etc! The "Hail Mary Grenade" thing in Medal Madness was a fail because MAPS aren't designed for that. Design a map for one gametype than play it like Husky Raid in Action Sack. I am currently working on "Viewbase/View Raid" a Husky Raid variant. It is already the #1 downloaded map in Halo History of "inner subject workings of Raid variants". Take of Clang of the Hill, add more Rockets and Railguns, add or take away a husky raid variant. people will continue to play Halo 4 instead of sell it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 31
  4. 32
  5. 33
  6. 34
  7. 35
  8. ...
  9. 36