Skip to main content
Went into team arena by myself and lost 5 straight games. I'm a diamond and am mostly matching against onyx players. But it is incredibly hard to enter any type of playlist in Halo 5 (whether it be arena, warzone, or firefight) and be successful. Halo is not fun when someone who doesn't team with anyone and gets dominated by someone who is on a team.

I used to play previous halo games and play without a team and still dominate and win games. That is no longer the case with halo 5. It's not fun going into a game knowing you're going to get destroyed because you're not part of a team. Halo just isn't fun anymore. It's nothing like H2, H3, Reach, or even H4. Can't go into matchmaking alone anymore and have fun. Halo is on the decline for sure.
Went into team arena by myself and lost 5 straight games. I'm a diamond and am mostly matching against onyx players. But it is incredibly hard to enter any type of playlist in Halo 5 (whether it be arena, warzone, or firefight) and be successful. Halo is not fun when someone who doesn't team with anyone and gets dominated by someone who is on a team.

I used to play previous halo games and play without a team and still dominate and win games. That is no longer the case with halo 5. It's not fun going into a game knowing you're going to get destroyed because you're not part of a team. Halo just isn't fun anymore. It's nothing like H2, H3, Reach, or even H4. Can't go into matchmaking alone anymore and have fun. Halo is on the decline for sure.
You go into a team game, not any team game but THE team game in arena, by yourself and do not expect to get stomped? Get a team for team arena. Team Slayer, FFA, SWAT, literally every other playlist does not require the same level of coordination that Team Arena does. Don't stab yourself in the foot and complain about how it hurts.

You go into a team game, not any team game but THE team game in arena, by yourself and do not expect to get stomped? Get a team for team arena. Team Slayer, FFA, SWAT, literally every other playlist does not require the same level of coordination that Team Arena does. Don't stab yourself in the foot and complain about how it hurts.
I laughed a little at this because you're right. There are different strategies that all work, but everyone needs to have and know their role. Four people with different ideas not communicating is the exact way not to do it. I have not played Team Arena since the last time I had team mates to play with, and it's been a while. It's just no fun otherwise. And you really need a team that understands the objective and works a strategy if you want to win consistently.
The community needs more communication, no one wants to talk
Make friends, join a party, and boom. The game is fun again. You can add me and we could play some games.
This could be resolved so easily by having matchmaking pair you up with similar sized teams, or have a playlist option where fireteams limited to 1 or 2 players
Personally I understand the frustration if you don't have friends online to play with and you just want to play a few. But, on the same token you can still learn to play within your team and do well. I NEVER have a full team, rarely do I even play with more than just my wingman. Her and I wreck it, even team arena without teammates communicating. It's hard and it's a learning curve, but still very possible. You have to either adapt by finding players or play solo a little different. If you're looking for teammates don't be afraid to send out feelers and just ask. If you need a Spartan company in order to find other players we'd be more than happy to have you, we're a large company and looking to fill out the last few spots.
The community needs more communication, no one wants to talk
This I HIGHLY agree with! That's the frustrating part and something that was totally lost with the new coms that they have put in place since Reach. Yes, they did it to limit trash talk, but it also took out teamwork and building team rapport when you actually stand up for your own teammates who are being trash talked too.