OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Truth

Throughout the course of the Fall season of Pro League and Open Circuit, we’ve been working directly with pro players and teams on updates to map and weapon layouts that are featured in the esports rotation. These changes focused primarily on Power Weapon placement and balance, automatic weapon availability and placement, and a reduction in the amount Splinter Grenades on maps.

Read the full details here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/team-arena-winter-settings

THE RIG
General
  • Added Scattershot at Yellow Corner
  • Replaced Shotgun at Load Zone with Needler
  • Storm Rifle in Pit now respawns every 10 seconds after Death/Deletion (this now applies to all Storm Rifles in Team Arena)
  • Removed two Splinter Grenades at Cargo
  • Removed one Splinter Grenade at Open Deck
  • Removed Song of Peace Suppressor at Back Rail
  • Moved two Plasma Grenades from Open Deck to Back Rail
  • Moved SMG from Engine One to Bottom Nest
  • Moved two Frag Grenades from Bottom Nest to Open Deck
Slayer Only
  • Removed Plasma Caster at Nest
  • Moved Sniper Rifle from Drill Platform to Nest
Strongholds Only
  • Moved Railgun from Tower Two to the top of the Drill Platform box
PLAZA
General
  • Removed Storm Rifle at Junction
  • Added Storm Rifle at Bottom Mid
  • Removed Splinter Grenade at Bottom Mid
  • Removed Splinter Grenade at Bridge Wing
  • Removed Splinter Grenade at Yellow Pipes
  • Removed Splinter Grenade at Lift
  • Moved Battle Rifle from Hotel Platform to Café
  • Moved two Plasma Grenades from Junction to Tram (Loop)
  • Replaced Silenced SMG with SMG in Yard
Slayer Only
  • Added Splinter Grenade in Yard (Elevator)
COLISEUM
General
  • Removed Splinter Grenades at Oven & Fridge Steps
  • Removed Scattershot at Trench
  • Added Silenced Assault Rifle at Trench
  • Added Splinter Grenade at Trench
  • Addressed Blue Ledge collision in Blue Base
  • Addressed Blue Cave collision
FATHOM
For Capture The Flag
  • Moved Flag Stands closer to the Generators within Red & Blue Base
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red & Blue Tree Houses
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red & Blue Porches
  • Removed Storm Rifles from Red & Blue Subs
  • Added Silenced Assault Rifles in Red & Blue Tree Houses
  • Added Splinter Grenades to Red & Blue Subs
REGRET
Slayer Only
  • Reduced Plasma Caster ammo by one clip (5 shots)
  • Replaced Storm Rifle at Bottom Nest with Silenced Assault Rifle
  • Replaced Scattershot at Tunnel with Storm Rifle
  • Removed two Splinter Grenades at Top Mid
  • Removed Splinter Grenades at Red & Blue Yard
  • Added one Splinter Grenade to each Dropdown in Red One & Blue One
TRUTH
Slayer and Capture The Flag
  • Replaced Fuel Rod Cannon at Top Mid with Energy Sword
  • Replaced Hydra Launcher at Mid with Storm Rifle
  • Replaced two Splinter Grenades at Top Mid with two Plasmas Grenades
  • Removed Energy Sword at Carbine One
  • Removed Storm Rifles from Red & Blue One
  • Removed Battle Rifle at Pink Tower Two
  • Rearranged Frag Grenades in Red & Blue Two
  • Added Battle Rifles at Red & Blue One
  • Moved Plasma Pistol from Carbine Lift to Carbine One
EMPIRE
Strongholds Only
  • Removed SAW at Tower Two
  • Removed explosive barrels at Red & Blue Platforms
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red & Blue Platforms
  • Added Active Camo at Tower Two
  • Added Silenced Assault Rifle at Tower One
  • Replaced Splinter Grenades at Red & Blue Sneaky with Plasma Grenades
  • Replaced Frag Grenade at Tower Three with Battle Rifle
EDEN
General
  • Removed one Splinter Grenade at Red Platform
  • Removed one Splinter Grenade at Catwalk Pillar
  • Rearranged two Plasma Grenades in Red Base
  • Rearranged two explosive barrels at Blue Nest
Slayer Only
  • Replaced Shotgun at Security with Silenced Assault Rifle
  • Adjusted Sniper Rifle placement at Blue Nest
Be sure to try out the new settings, and then leave us your feedback here in this thread!
I only read the changes you made, I did not play yet, tho I already can say I won't like it. AR in almost every arena map? I bet nobody will grab it. After all, we already start with a AR, why grab another? Also I bet that the removal of power weapons and splinter granades will result in a lack of clutch and spectacular kills in the HCS and the HWC. I don't quite understand the reasons behind those choises, I'd love to know a bit more about those reasons. I really hope I'm wrong, but to me those are the two worse and most obvious consequences of these changes.
anyone know where i can dowload these settings for custom games lobby?
Posting so I can critique once I get to play them all. They seem good on its face.

Edit: I have played on almost all map except Regret and Fathom.

Some initial thoughts.

Plaza: Love that the BR is in Cafe now to break that dreaded Snipe spawn trap. Definitely a good fix. Storm Rifle bottom mid is a good fix. However, with BR being in blue spawn they are at a slight advantage to getting Camo/OS.. but it is better than having Storm rifle in Red spawn as last settings. Overall 10/10 fix would play again.

Rig: Railgun is hard to get but it is good location. I want to use the needler but with spartan abilities its almost impossible, it will be like the Hydra on Truth probably.

Coli: Why silence AR? I used it and it doesnt make a difference to a team under communication. They will call you out.

Will come back to finish.
No fuel rod on any map. I invested a lot of time into getting good with that weapon. It works fine on a big map like eden. It is a very award winnin feeling to one hit someone across map with it. Tales more skill than rockets. Why cant we have it on a eden strongholds or coli flag. If you noticed snakebite said it was bad on truth cause you can sit in eli and dominate. Please bring back fuel rod on one map at least.
Splinter grenades are my favorite granades and assault riffles suck. So you take away the good and add the crap. Thanks
Wow.... Still radar .... Trash. Can't believe after all the community has said about giving it a chance you still keep it in, saying you're going to fix radar which means you're going to keep it in. Why not take it out and try to fix it while there is no radar that way when you bring out the new radar we can see what we like more: new radar or no radar. This is crazy, whoever is making these decisions sucks. Listen to the community. Take it out !!! Period
Haven't played it yet but most of the changes seem good on paper.
Where are they in customs?
Wow.... Still radar .... Trash. Can't believe after all the community has said about giving it a chance you still keep it in, saying you're going to fix radar which means you're going to keep it in. Why not take it out and try to fix it while there is no radar that way when you bring out the new radar we can see what we like more: new radar or no radar. This is crazy, whoever is making these decisions sucks. Listen to the community. Take it out !!! Period
Did you read the bit about radar at the bottom I see your point and am one to vow for what most want but as a developer you can't make hasty decision I would rather them take some time then just listen to what community wants and they change instantly causing bugs glitches etc it's not easy to just simple take things out of a game with out seeing what domino effect will happen. But I hope to be able to see the proper radar changes in the future.
These changes are a joke. Honestly, this is terrible decision making and is adding nothing to arena other than forcing players to re-learn the maps and play slightly different strategies. On top of that splinter grenades are non-existent power weapons are being replaced by useless load out automatic weapons in the effort to limit, "automatic weapon availability and placement, and a reduction in the amount Splinter Grenades on maps." So you replace automatic weapons with other automatic weapons? Great solution.
I have only played about 2 hours so far of preview. 1st thing I noticed was grenade Balance and location. For once I'm not being bombarded by splitter nades sue to most locations of the spawn have moved and only have so many on the map. Haven't noticed to much of power weaps. But why all the AR? And why all the silenced ARS? I hope that's not a semi solution for radar with all the discussions going on. Looking forward to 2017.
Enrico 117 wrote:
I only read the changes you made, I did not play yet, tho I already can say I won't like it. AR in almost every arena map? I bet nobody will grab it. After all, we already start with a AR, why grab another? Also I bet that the removal of power weapons and splinter granades will result in a lack of clutch and spectacular kills in the HCS and the HWC. I don't quite understand the reasons behind those choises, I'd love to know a bit more about those reasons. I really hope I'm wrong, but to me those are the two worse and most obvious consequences of these changes.
About the AR: the silenced one won't show on radar, there's the reason to grab it "if" people see a need to, Howe we it makes more sense to push for the songs and storm rifles first simply cuz they do more damage

the scatter grenades and power weapons: they're limiting them so that they don't single handedly dominate games as much as they used to. They have to much quantity with them in play and hopefully reducing them will show more individual skill rather than working with weapons that do all the work for you. The sniper is to easy to use, the caster had way to much Ammo, ect ect. If you compare new competitive halo to old competitive halo you'll see power weapons weren't as big as they are now. There's the issue that multiple versions of a sniper, shotty, rocket overlap each other cuz they respawn so fast. So hopefully limiting them can try to alleviate some of the issue.
Quote:
Throughout the course of the Fall season of Pro League and Open Circuit, we’ve been working directly with pro players and teams on updates to map and weapon layouts that are featured in the esports rotation. These changes focused primarily on Power Weapon placement and balance, automatic weapon availability and placement, and a reduction in the amount Splinter Grenades on maps.

Read the full details here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/team-arena-winter-settings

THE RIG
General
  • Added Scattershot at Yellow Corner
  • Replaced Shotgun at Load Zone with Needler
  • Storm Rifle in Pit now respawns every 10 seconds after Death/Deletion (this now applies to all Storm Rifles in Team Arena)
  • Removed two Splinter Grenades at Cargo
  • Removed one Splinter Grenade at Open Deck
  • Removed Song of Peace Suppressor at Back Rail
  • Moved two Plasma Grenades from Open Deck to Back Rail
  • Moved SMG from Engine One to Bottom Nest
  • Moved two Frag Grenades from Bottom Nest to Open Deck
Slayer Only
  • Removed Plasma Caster at Nest
  • Moved Sniper Rifle from Drill Platform to Nest
Strongholds Only
  • Moved Railgun from Tower Two to the top of the Drill Platform box
PLAZA
General
  • Removed Storm Rifle at Junction
  • Added Storm Rifle at Bottom Mid
  • Removed Splinter Grenade at Bottom Mid
  • Removed Splinter Grenade at Bridge Wing
  • Removed Splinter Grenade at Yellow Pipes
  • Removed Splinter Grenade at Lift
  • Moved Battle Rifle from Hotel Platform to Café
  • Moved two Plasma Grenades from Junction to Tram (Loop)
  • Replaced Silenced SMG with SMG in Yard
Slayer Only
  • Added Splinter Grenade in Yard (Elevator)
COLISEUM
General
  • Removed Splinter Grenades at Oven & Fridge Steps
  • Removed Scattershot at Trench
  • Added Silenced Assault Rifle at Trench
  • Added Splinter Grenade at Trench
  • Addressed Blue Ledge collision in Blue Base
  • Addressed Blue Cave collision
FATHOM
For Capture The Flag
  • Moved Flag Stands closer to the Generators within Red & Blue Base
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red & Blue Tree Houses
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red & Blue Porches
  • Removed Storm Rifles from Red & Blue Subs
  • Added Silenced Assault Rifles in Red & Blue Tree Houses
  • Added Splinter Grenades to Red & Blue Subs
REGRET
Slayer Only
  • Reduced Plasma Caster ammo by one clip (5 shots)
  • Replaced Storm Rifle at Bottom Nest with Silenced Assault Rifle
  • Replaced Scattershot at Tunnel with Storm Rifle
  • Removed two Splinter Grenades at Top Mid
  • Removed Splinter Grenades at Red & Blue Yard
  • Added one Splinter Grenade to each Dropdown in Red One & Blue One
TRUTH
Slayer and Capture The Flag
  • Replaced Fuel Rod Cannon at Top Mid with Energy Sword
  • Replaced Hydra Launcher at Mid with Storm Rifle
  • Replaced two Splinter Grenades at Top Mid with two Plasmas Grenades
  • Removed Energy Sword at Carbine One
  • Removed Storm Rifles from Red & Blue One
  • Removed Battle Rifle at Pink Tower Two
  • Rearranged Frag Grenades in Red & Blue Two
  • Added Battle Rifles at Red & Blue One
  • Moved Plasma Pistol from Carbine Lift to Carbine One
EMPIRE
Strongholds Only
  • Removed SAW at Tower Two
  • Removed explosive barrels at Red & Blue Platforms
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red & Blue Platforms
  • Added Active Camo at Tower Two
  • Added Silenced Assault Rifle at Tower One
  • Replaced Splinter Grenades at Red & Blue Sneaky with Plasma Grenades
  • Replaced Frag Grenade at Tower Three with Battle Rifle
EDEN
General
  • Removed one Splinter Grenade at Red Platform
  • Removed one Splinter Grenade at Catwalk Pillar
  • Rearranged two Plasma Grenades in Red Base
  • Rearranged two explosive barrels at Blue Nest
Slayer Only
  • Replaced Shotgun at Security with Silenced Assault Rifle
  • Adjusted Sniper Rifle placement at Blue Nest
Be sure to try out the new settings, and then leave us your feedback here in this thread!
Everything is amazing! Just please add the Grenade Launcher as a power weapon instead of the Railgun, It would fit well with the map (The Rig) and play well with the map please please please lol and also replace scattorshot with shotgun again since the grenade launcher would fulfill that position and The Rig feels like a unsc map and should only have unsc weapons
WOW! Thanks 343 for taking away the splinter grenades that I love so much. Then you get rid the Scattershot then replace it with a Silenced AR (WZ Weapon) which is pointless to use. I thought we where done putting pointless weapons on the map like in the old Halo games. Like every map in Rank and Social MM should have a different style of weapons on all the maps. Not just the same crap on every map. I don't want to see any REQ weapons on any maps that are in Arena. Then you tell us this pointless carp about having a MS and giving people a reason to not be aware of there surroundings. Like all I have ever wanted in Halo 5 is a Slayer Pro Playlist (Team Hardcore) to make a return with BR (standard) and Magnum (standard) 2 Human Grenades, with standard weapons on map and NO Motion Sensor. But for some reason it feels like that's never going to be added as a Halo 5 Playlist.
Why not replace the Railgun on The Rig with the Nade Launcher? It would be perfect...
Right,
after playing all maps a few times, i have a few points.
Rig: take the needler off... no one uses it. Otherwise Railgun spot is a bit better, not seen much change with scatter at barrels so i guess it's ok.
Empire: Finally took off that SAW (thank god) that was the worst power weapon to be in competitive play. OV and Camo seem to equal each other out.
Fathom: Please put the flag back to where it was. And the AR is useless.
Truth: that map was already good, it is even better with sword up top mid and no other power weapons. Thank you.
Generally some changes are good, but i just think the silenced AR's aren't being used (at least at onyx level).
I have played only a few matches of the Winter update playlist so far. But I got to say I love the changes to Truth. It just seems to make the map work better. Having Sword be the power weapon to control is awesome. It makes the map different from the rest in that it's not a projectile easy kill weapon. I feel the changes make the map simpler and it just seems to fit Truth the way Heretic on H3 felt.
where in the hell is an update on breakout???? W T F 343?
Have played every map since the update have probably played at least over 80 matches over the last days, they have definitely improved. The big thing I feel that just needs to be ultimately removed are splinter grenades. You've reduced autos and made them less accessible off spawn, added the silenced AR (don't really agree) removed fuel rod, plasma caster off rig (still don't like it on regret) hydra on truth. I'm playing at a high onyx level consistently matching champions etc. Truth was so heavily weighted the first day of the update since I played it so much imo, In regards to having this on the map, I believe the splinter is still placed at P attic as a form of defense to be able to push out/balancing/etc. the list can go on. However with that, I'll give 2 notable examples where this grenade killed me on Truth at P2 (Pink Tower) and P attic (Red eli) when I matched against Naded on Truth Slayer. Now what quickly happens is I'm in my own base at red eli (P attic), I kill one person in a 1v1 pistol battle as he's red 2 around the back flag toliet area, then Naded jumps P attic and before I can do anything, throws a splinter in my face. The second scenario is I'm pushing p2 from my street, Naded is there one shot and because I miss my first pistol shot he throws another splinter in my face. I know most changes don't take place because said changes are not as relevant at the highest level (pro level). but why I overtly wrote about my two Naded scenarios was because he is a pro, and the level of competition was decently high in that match, but he's not the only one whose done this it's happened to me several times by other players in this playlist. There are many things that you can respond with about those scenarios, like use your thrust, learn how to push, use better communication with your teammates etc. I get that, and I'll try to do that. But it just sticks out to me because when I look around each community— Pro and AM streams, forums, twitter etc., I see no motivation to be better. That sounds like a very controversial statement I know, there are the few people who will stick out but there are hundreds of other players in this scene and yes I see people wanting to try to find players and scrims etc. but what's the end result? Same thing. Optic dominant, NV caught em slipping. 8 players out of hundreds who came together wanting to win. There are a multitude of reasons why that is so, not playing good people so no way to improve, personal problems, server connection the list really goes on and also it's the fact that its really damn hard to become a professional in esports and anything in general. I totally get that and agree.

That is not my main point here. My main point would be for you 343 employees to ask yourselves 'what can we do to improve the competition and therefore grow this community even more?' Sounds like a very redundant statement as I'm sure you've probably asked that, but the decisions on settings etc., have still shown me otherwise. I myself want to be a much better halo player competitively, but at what point do I have to tell myself to be a better player competitively is that I need to pick up more storm riles, use my AR more, pick up more splinters and crouch with power weapons using radar? It doesn't feel right. It doesn't feel competitive. That's not competitive Halo and I've heard many ppl say this exact same thing. I want other teams to challenge these top teams and especially AM teams to be better but how can I? These settings are still not as competitive as they can be and the majority of non-pro teams will stay the same because there is no motivation from the game itself so it makes sense why I see AM teams with not as much motivation. We're still playing H3 team slayer at the highest level. (Although settings have definitely improved, don't get me wrong!) But things like splinters, storm rifles etc. hinder players wanting to be more competitive because they die by non-competitve weapons on the map. I hear many pro players, notable am players say the settings are 'better' but are they the best they can be? No, I don't believe so, I still see so many complaints in streams, twitter, forums you name it. Yes, radar is the most controversial topic, but you guys already stated you won't do anything till after HWC so that's that. But what you can do is continue to listen to pros and instead of them telling you continue to ask them what can you do and continue to better these settings because I want competitive Halo to come back. The fact is that nobody wants casual weapons in competitive halo and I'm sorry I have to be so blunt. This Halo's different, I honestly get that, but it doesn't mean you have to put cop-out weapons for players to use so that they can get an easy kill instead of something much more skilled like cooperating with your teammates or using great movement etc.

What am I gonna do about this as a player? I'm going to continue to improve my skill and sadly adapt to these less skilled weapons on the map if I have too like scattershot, rockets, plasma caster etc. but that's just me on a personal level. But I shouldn't have too. I'm speaking for people that don't feel what they say for carry any other weight either so that their Halo experience can be better. That's all I want, for others to enjoy this game as much as I have always loved it. I'll be here no matter what because I love this game like I said, I wouldn't of wrote this unnecessarily long essay about the game if I didn't. I'm also not really anyone "noteworthy" of listening too because I'm not "known" or respected upon in this aspect. But I decided to write because this was really something that struck me to speak out about even if it's in here where not many people talk, I felt obligated because I want Halo to be as good as it can be because it really can be a top game. This post was badly written and organized and not as to the point as I would like but it's what I got right now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4