2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
SosSos321 wrote:
SPRTN94 wrote:
SosSos321 wrote:
Splinter grenades are my favorite granades and assault riffles suck. So you take away the good and add the crap. Thanks
They took away splinters because people would get into fights realize they had no chance and would nade you for an easy kill. It also lead to people corner camping with splinters, I don't know how many times I've walked into the treehouses and ate a splinter because someone was camping there. Hell I bet you've even had that happen, even the pro league casters and players call them "Get out of jail free cards". Enough said m8 😞
It gos both ways though someone camping with a shotty, dosnt kill you on 1st shot so u blast with a splinter and take him with you. I also like the ability to cut the enemy off from running so you can trap them and get the kill
Also this is more often than not how splinters are used. See here which is why I'm happy to see their numbers decrease so drastically
SPRTN94 wrote:
SosSos321 wrote:
SPRTN94 wrote:
SosSos321 wrote:
Splinter grenades are my favorite granades and assault riffles suck. So you take away the good and add the crap. Thanks
They took away splinters because people would get into fights realize they had no chance and would nade you for an easy kill. It also lead to people corner camping with splinters, I don't know how many times I've walked into the treehouses and ate a splinter because someone was camping there. Hell I bet you've even had that happen, even the pro league casters and players call them "Get out of jail free cards". Enough said m8 😞
It gos both ways though someone camping with a shotty, dosnt kill you on 1st shot so u blast with a splinter and take him with you. I also like the ability to cut the enemy off from running so you can trap them and get the kill
Also this is more often than not how splinters are used. See here which is why I'm happy to see their numbers decrease so drastically
Funny thing is you did punch guy 1st lol. And if he wouldve used a plasma you would've been stuck n dead any way. But I do see people's frustrations
Quote:
343 I'm not goin to bash u like most people nowadays but overall the change is amazing, here are the main problem and would love if u could change/fix or at least acknowledged this post.
The Rig - to start off this feels like a human/unsc map so make power weapons sniper and grenade launcher (I am aware sniper is but why plasma caster? Imo it doesn't fit the map theme) as I said earlier it feels like unsc map so replace scattorshot with shogun again, and also spawns have gotten worse for some reason
Empire - put splinter grenades by dmr again and put shotgun back in, this was my favorite map but not no more since this change
Eden - put shotgun back in since it would actually give u a reason to go on the other side of the map unlike the silent ar, put splinter grenades by boardwalk or catwalk (can't remember what it was called) and again fix spawns , they seem to have gotten worse
Overall everything else is amazing especially the map called truth, u def made that map more balanced and now its not that bad to play on as it was before imo, anyways everything else is amazing! Also most people would also like this change since most maps have the silent ar now
I honestly think that no one will use the silenced ARs. I mean, when ppl play this game they're mostly running around giving themselves away on the radar, rendering the silenced ARs useless.

On Truth I'd say I like the energy sword's placement, but ppl can easily do skill jumps right off of spawn and grab it. I've done that several times on that map and is very overpowering, especially in CTF.
Why not replace the Railgun on The Rig with the Nade Launcher? It would be perfect...
You can change maps around but until the ranking system stops slamming players down to the wood leagues right out of their new season placement matches after grinding to high diamond, it won't make much difference to me.
Can we get rid of eden though? It's not fun in slayer
Can we get rid of eden though? It's not fun in slayer
Better than Regret tho 😉
Did you guys flip a switch and put the winter update stuff into social ? Cause I don't remember seeing a sword top mid on Truth Slayer just a few days ago. Maybe I just didn't play the map on slayer or just didn't notice. Either way I like the change
Couple of things:

The injection of the silenced AR and placing it where otherwise useful weapons once where is making my stomach turn. I throw up a little every time I hear the silenced AR (get it). Is this really a beneficial pick up? Removal of shotgun from eden and empire (replaced with the all mighty tic tic AR) is pretty sad, leaves some players without a prayer of going positive now.

I lean to the side of more autos and more power weapons, so I'm pretty bias in this regard, but making maps pretty much a ranged shoot out leaves us noob tactic players at a huge disadvantage. Guess the game is progressing to its final phase out of the all around player.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Spoiler:
Show
Super awesome
Saw should be removed from Mercy. The map feels saturated with Cqc weapons and the saw is extremely strong here. I just encountered a match where a player got 5+ kills with one saw, now I might just be a noob but that doesn't seem like it should be a thing. Possible fix could be either: Removing it from the map (in social. Not sure if it's still there in ranked), editing it's ammo count. Maybe a half clip in reserve or just one clip total.

Overall I feel like Mercy has plenty of CQC options with the Brute plasmas (x2), the Storm Rifle and gravity hammer. This is just my opinion naturally but I'm sure others will agree with the change
where in the hell is an update on breakout???? W T F 343?
Breakout? They gave up on that game mode sadly I t was better the original way.
Enrico 117 wrote:
I only read the changes you made, I did not play yet, tho I already can say I won't like it. AR in almost every arena map? I bet nobody will grab it. After all, we already start with a AR, why grab another? Also I bet that the removal of power weapons and splinter granades will result in a lack of clutch and spectacular kills in the HCS and the HWC. I don't quite understand the reasons behind those choises, I'd love to know a bit more about those reasons. I really hope I'm wrong, but to me those are the two worse and most obvious consequences of these changes.
About the AR: the silenced one won't show on radar, there's the reason to grab it "if" people see a need to, Howe we it makes more sense to push for the songs and storm rifles first simply cuz they do more damage

the scatter grenades and power weapons: they're limiting them so that they don't single handedly dominate games as much as they used to. They have to much quantity with them in play and hopefully reducing them will show more individual skill rather than working with weapons that do all the work for you. The sniper is to easy to use, the caster had way to much Ammo, ect ect. If you compare new competitive halo to old competitive halo you'll see power weapons weren't as big as they are now. There's the issue that multiple versions of a sniper, shotty, rocket overlap each other cuz they respawn so fast. So hopefully limiting them can try to alleviate some of the issue.
So on some of the maps (Empire) ALL of the power weapons (shotgun, rockets, splinter grenades)are removed, and Camo is added in on a map where there is already Overshield? Makes no sense. "Hmm, let's move Overshield to where rockets were, and throw in camo..."
These changes are a joke. Honestly...
where in the hell is an update on breakout???? W T F 343?
The update that gave them shotguns is trash.
I like the changes its something different and provides different strategies for maps and if you have a bad start you can come back and not having to worry about the other team controlling a bunch of power weapons. So long story short I like it.
Please remove the WZ weapons that were swapped for power weapons in arena.
Quote:
Throughout the course of the Fall season of Pro League and Open Circuit, we’ve been working directly with pro players and teams on updates to map and weapon layouts that are featured in the esports rotation. These changes focused primarily on Power Weapon placement and balance, automatic weapon availability and placement, and a reduction in the amount Splinter Grenades on maps.

Read the full details here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/team-arena-winter-settings

THE RIG
General
  • Added Scattershot at Yellow Corner
  • Replaced Shotgun at Load Zone with Needler
  • Storm Rifle in Pit now respawns every 10 seconds after Death/Deletion (this now applies to all Storm Rifles in Team Arena)
  • Removed two Splinter Grenades at Cargo
  • Removed one Splinter Grenade at Open Deck
  • Removed Song of Peace Suppressor at Back Rail
  • Moved two Plasma Grenades from Open Deck to Back Rail
  • Moved SMG from Engine One to Bottom Nest
  • Moved two Frag Grenades from Bottom Nest to Open Deck
Slayer Only
  • Removed Plasma Caster at Nest
  • Moved Sniper Rifle from Drill Platform to Nest
Strongholds Only
  • Moved Railgun from Tower Two to the top of the Drill Platform box
PLAZA
General
  • Removed Storm Rifle at Junction
  • Added Storm Rifle at Bottom Mid
  • Removed Splinter Grenade at Bottom Mid
  • Removed Splinter Grenade at Bridge Wing
  • Removed Splinter Grenade at Yellow Pipes
  • Removed Splinter Grenade at Lift
  • Moved Battle Rifle from Hotel Platform to Café
  • Moved two Plasma Grenades from Junction to Tram (Loop)
  • Replaced Silenced SMG with SMG in Yard
Slayer Only
  • Added Splinter Grenade in Yard (Elevator)
COLISEUM
General
  • Removed Splinter Grenades at Oven & Fridge Steps
  • Removed Scattershot at Trench
  • Added Silenced Assault Rifle at Trench
  • Added Splinter Grenade at Trench
  • Addressed Blue Ledge collision in Blue Base
  • Addressed Blue Cave collision
FATHOM
For Capture The Flag
  • Moved Flag Stands closer to the Generators within Red & Blue Base
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red & Blue Tree Houses
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red & Blue Porches
  • Removed Storm Rifles from Red & Blue Subs
  • Added Silenced Assault Rifles in Red & Blue Tree Houses
  • Added Splinter Grenades to Red & Blue Subs
REGRET
Slayer Only
  • Reduced Plasma Caster ammo by one clip (5 shots)
  • Replaced Storm Rifle at Bottom Nest with Silenced Assault Rifle
  • Replaced Scattershot at Tunnel with Storm Rifle
  • Removed two Splinter Grenades at Top Mid
  • Removed Splinter Grenades at Red & Blue Yard
  • Added one Splinter Grenade to each Dropdown in Red One & Blue One
TRUTH
Slayer and Capture The Flag
  • Replaced Fuel Rod Cannon at Top Mid with Energy Sword
  • Replaced Hydra Launcher at Mid with Storm Rifle
  • Replaced two Splinter Grenades at Top Mid with two Plasmas Grenades
  • Removed Energy Sword at Carbine One
  • Removed Storm Rifles from Red & Blue One
  • Removed Battle Rifle at Pink Tower Two
  • Rearranged Frag Grenades in Red & Blue Two
  • Added Battle Rifles at Red & Blue One
  • Moved Plasma Pistol from Carbine Lift to Carbine One
EMPIRE
Strongholds Only
  • Removed SAW at Tower Two
  • Removed explosive barrels at Red & Blue Platforms
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red & Blue Platforms
  • Added Active Camo at Tower Two
  • Added Silenced Assault Rifle at Tower One
  • Replaced Splinter Grenades at Red & Blue Sneaky with Plasma Grenades
  • Replaced Frag Grenade at Tower Three with Battle Rifle
EDEN
General
  • Removed one Splinter Grenade at Red Platform
  • Removed one Splinter Grenade at Catwalk Pillar
  • Rearranged two Plasma Grenades in Red Base
  • Rearranged two explosive barrels at Blue Nest
Slayer Only
  • Replaced Shotgun at Security with Silenced Assault Rifle
  • Adjusted Sniper Rifle placement at Blue Nest
Be sure to try out the new settings, and then leave us your feedback here in this thread!
how about some news on breakout???????????
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4