2. ...
  3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 45
I'm really happy that Forge is no longer DOMINATING the playlist and now you get it on occasion and not everytime; it feels perfect now.

One thing that should change is that the weighting for the new DLC maps that are required are now taking over to the point of 75% of the games played on the playlist. I suggest having the Majestic Map Pack voting options be weighted equally with the maps like Haven, Abandon, Adrift, and Solace. All non Forge Infinity Slayer maps for the sake of split screen in the first slot (and second and third slots aswell).

Simple change so you don't get the majestic maps 80% of the time, though they are Great maps. I'm seriously loving the Majestic Maps being required. Another plus for the maps being required I realize that I've been getting maps that are from Castle too (probably due to the fact that people probably bought the Map Pass when they purchased Majestic).

Minor issue to a now amazingly fun playlist. Good Job 343!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hmmmmm, for having "twice as much" time played than me you have HALF the amount of kills I do in mm...... makes me believe the time you play isn't primarily in mm or EVEN INFINITY SLAYER...
Take a closer look at our respective Halo 4 service records. Currently, I have completed 3490 matchmaking games (2089 slayer) while you have finished 1921 matches (1171 slayer).

So, now it sounds like the following condescending quote should be reversed:

Quote:
I obviously play a lot more than you so don't you think my say should weigh more than yours?
How long either of you play imo is irrelevant to the problem Run5k described which is bad skill matchups. Absolute skill/rank is not in question - it is the relative skill/rank that is. The amount you play and pay should also not dictate exclusivity with regards to the game. The amount you paid may make things inclusive though, I suppose.

Note, inclusive, not exclusive, meaning you do NOT penalize players who bought the full game but no DLC. Instead, keep them at the status quo if need be, and work on improving stuff specifically for DLC-paying people. Penalizing existing customers is bad business.

Why is nobody here talking about the population of the playlist? How it lost 80% of its people overnight, never to come back to not just Infinity Slayer (e.g. not buying DLC) but actually leaving Halo overall, and just from that playlist? It's not a "GTA V" thing because only Infinity Slayer got affected. Population is key for good matchups and just the general vitality of a game.
Why do the oldest, outdated posts show up first in these forums? Is it possible to reprogram this page so the most recent thoughts are featured on the first page? I am not interested in comments made 7 months ago. :) Let me know if I have a setting wrong that will fix this.
Quote:
Why do the oldest, outdated posts show up first in these forums? Is it possible to reprogram this page so the most recent thoughts are featured on the first page? I am not interested in comments made 7 months ago. :) Let me know if I have a setting wrong that will fix this.
it cant on this forum i see.
i know its easy but show far i have look on my own settings it cant.
Quote:
Why is nobody here talking about the population of the playlist? How it lost 80% of its people overnight...
Exactly! Some of us did mention it very specifically, though.

343i, we truly appreciate your efforts to keep Halo 4 fresh throughout the game's life cycle. While I believe that it was a good idea to test the DLC-mandatory policy in this manner, in the aftermath it looks like there are more drawbacks than benefits.

We can all agree that it's nice to play Landfall, Monolith, and Skyline more often. That sentiment is universal. However, we have also seen the Infinity Slayer playlist population drop to approximately 1/4 of its previous size, which is definitely not a good thing. The severe population drop would be problematic enough on its own, but earlier I also provided evidence that one of the side effects of this new policy is that matchmaking is now forcing competitors into the same 4v4 game with vastly different skill levels, and it's happening on a semi-regular basis. If this continues, the playlist population will continue to plummet.

Once again, while it is great having the Majestic Map Pack within Infinity Slayer, the trade-off simply isn't worth it. The playlist population is a small fraction of what it used to be, and it's now much more difficult to get an even CSR match. Some of the more vocal supporters of this new policy are already a CSR 50 within the playlist, so their motives are exceedingly self-serving. In addition to having the new maps readily available, they also find themselves with many more easy victories thanks to the more frequent CSR mismatches that now work to their benefit. Needless to say, the CSR 50 population is definitely in the minority.

The bottom line is this: the maps are great and the new policy is a noble effort, but most people don't like it. Please reverse the policy and help restore the Infinity Slayer population to its previous size.
Quote:
Please reverse the policy and help restore the Infinity Slayer population to its previous size.
thats not smart move then for 343 now to do and i explain why not.

i understand that the population has drop big when they have required the play list with the dlc.
but then you see the different now how much dlc users are playing the play list.
and how much dlc players own the dlc maps.
if 343 restore it now back without a back up plan for the dlc players then we are back with the problem where we have start it with this problem.
let then pursue with it that they can see how big the problem is.
1: they can learn from it and use it for the other halo's also that this problem never comes back more.
2: if 343 now stop with this experiment then the dlc users gone start making topic's again that they wane fix this problem for good.
and the last point 3: 343 knows that the free users are not happy about this but if you wane play on Infinity slayer play list again then you most also respecht the dlc users for what they wane.

to tell it again you can play on 9 dlc maps in infinity slayer play list.
Majestic,bulleye castle and 1 map from crimson dlc packs.
that is still more then only Majestic dlc maps you can play on.
only you most have bulleye castle and crimson dlc pack to play on it also.
Hello everyone, I have been reading this forum very thoroughly and will have some things to say regarding the topics of this thread, but before I do I would like to establish a few things about myself.

I'm a longtime Halo fan and have played every xbox and xbox 360 compatible game in the series and I have many of the achievements for them as well, since I am a completionist and like to unlock every thing that I can in a game(including commendations). I also love the story of the series.

I thoroughly enjoy both the classic, even, and basic gameplay of Legendary BRs as well as the new ability to customize my loadouts in the weapon variety filled rock-paper-scissors class-based balance of Team Slayer(IS's PODs and RODs randomness ruin the game, Team Slayer is what IS should have been by default).

With a CSR 47 in the Infinity Slayer playlist, and the ability to at least hold my own on Throwdown's competitive V4 settings, I consider myself a pro. However, I am not an elitist jerk, and recognize that not everybody is as skilled in Halo as I am and are
here to play halo for fun just as much as I am, even if not competitively. I too prefer more even matches, although I admit it is sometimes fun to dominate, but I like to have matches where my opponents can at least keep me on my toes and keep me from getting lazy in my skill.

I always purchase all DLC for the Halo games, so I have all of the maps. Although I prefer that maps have good asthetics over bland ones, I also prefer maps that play well over ones that don't, so I am not against Forge maps, only the ones that play terribly(namely Scythe, Shutout, Dispatch, Station 9, and Rail). But I absolutely love the ones that play well(Simplex and Blacksite/Ender are my favorites, almost more so than any 343I-produced maps, Opus and Serenity are ok but not great).

So, with my general opinion standpoint hopefully established, I now proceed with what I have to say.

As DLC owner, I appreciate the fact that I get to play on the maps that I payed for, and even though I have been grinding commendations in other playlists mostly, I stop by this playlist every now and then to take a break commendation grinding. I will definately note that as a pro, I have noticed that matches have been much more lopsided in skill, it has been either too easy to win or too frustrating to snatch victory from the opposing team. I believe, like several others have posted on this thread, that this is due to the significant population drop since the DLC requirements.

Also, roughly 5K players have disappeared, no longer able to play their favorite playlist or too frustrated with the lopsided matches. Also, the search times have been taking longer as well, leading to fewer games played. I am saddened by the population drop more that my excitement at being able to play the maps I payed for.

I think this playlist should go back to non-dlc required, and that 2 extra DEDICATED playlists should be added. Here are my suggestions:

4v4 DLC playlist:Has a variety of gametypes, with a slayer gametype always in the first slot. Maps featured:Monolith, Landfall, Skyline, Pitfall, Vertigo, and maybe Harvest and Daybreak.

8v8 DLC playlist:Has a variety of bigteam gametypes similar to 4v4, but designed to work for 8v8, a slayer gametype also always in first slot as well. Maps featured:Shatter, Wreckage, Harvest, Outcast, Perdition, and Daybreak.

This is what I believe would work best for everyone even if the population is lower than prefered. Having these 2 playlists in addition to all of the others in the consolidation plan would work a lot better than making the default ones DLC required.
If my advice is taken 343I, please be sure to continue support for DLC maps existing in all of the standard playlists as well, for the rare times they show up along with the possible Halo 4 population boost that will come with the GOTY edition of Halo 4, which will have all the maps as well.

These are my observations and suggestions 343I, I sure hope you take them into consideration. Also if anyone else on this thread agrees with me on this, please support it with posts to hopefully gain 343I's attention. Thank you!
Quote:
wrong
when the dlc packs have come out it score's good but after a long time you have only round the 60/100 players on it for 3 maps.

Infinity Slayer has score more each time round the 500 and in weekends it can reach to 700 players.
Incorrect again.

First:

Playlist.....1-wk peak.....2-wk peak.....3-wk peak.....4-wk peak.....Release Date.....Tot Pop @ Date
Crimson...........6,500............2,100..............1,600..............1,400...............Dec 10...............121,000
Majestic...........1,700...............900.................700.................550................Feb 25.................67,000
Castle...............2,700...........1,400.................700.................600................Apr 08.................47,000
Champion........2,500............2,000.................900.................700...............Aug 20.................32,000
IS DLC Req'd......700.....................................................................................Sep 16.................22,000

Making IS DLC-required has the least (by far) peak population at the 1-week point of any of the lists. This includes even the Champion's bundle, which was released with only a 25% higher overall population, yet the DLC list managed a disproportionately higher population by 380%. Even Castle had a disproportionately higher population. Moreover, only 2 lists had a lower population by week 4 than the current IS list. So IS definitely does not have more population than the DLC-only lists at the same point (it's not even remotely close, even when corrected for the change in overall population), exactly contrary to what you claimed above.

Moreover:

Peak Population at 1 Day Prior to End of Playlist:
Crimson...........200
Majestic...........220
Castle...............350
Champion........150 (yesterday)

Which is significantly higher than what you state above.

And let's just suppose that the population of the separate list drops down to those levels (200 or so). Doesn't that mean that even the majority of DLC owners would rather play the more populated non-DLC Slayer list than the DLC-required list? Doesn't that mean that even to the majority of DLC owners the population is more important than the DLC? So if you wish to use that argument, you also lose . . . since in order to use it, you have to agree that even DLC owners would prefer a higher population than a list to use their DLC - which means that even the majority of DLC owners would see the split lists as better.

Quote:
you can play on all 9 dlc maps in 1 play list + the standard maps.
The question I asked was about a separate Majestic-required 4v4 list, which is not a pure-DLC list, but also includes the on-disk maps - exactly as the current IS list does. So that comment is irrelevant - it's the same in both proposals.

Quote:
lets tell 343 wane make 2 dlc play list then we have a other problem.
for 2 new maps most become place that means.
you most move 2 play list in 1 new play list.
what for play list most become 1.
but then you have problems with the players that play on that play list that they wane have they own play list back.
Wrong again. Where did I say a separate playlist for each DLC pack? I said exactly the same setup as now (so a 4v4 Majestic-required list) that is separate from the non-DLC slayer list. Nowhere did I say that there should be a whole bunch of separate lists. I said a separate Slayer-only, Majestic-required list that is exactly the same as the current IS list. So this part of your argument also fails to address the question.

Again:

How is the current situation better than a separate Majestic-required 4v4 list while leaving the old IS list alone?

Nothing more. Nothing less. Just the question above, please.
have also the dlc play list note's from the second round?
crimson dlc has been add 2 time in the matchmaking and the others not.
show me then the note's from round 2 from crimson dlc play list.

its good you have post that stats from it on the forum now can 343 also see what the problem was and still is with the dlc maps.

i see that crimson dlc has the most players when it was out.
and now we can see that the problem was starting when Majestic dlc pack has come out.
now we finally know the start from the halo 4 dlc problem.

big maps score better then small maps i see.

if then wane fix this problem then they most take big team battle and not Infinity Slayer play list to take a good look at it.

Quote:
How is the current situation better than a separate Majestic-required 4v4 list while leaving the old IS list alone?
i see now that Majestic has the bad score from all 4 dlc packs.
i take it back what i have told that majestic was a good required dlc map for they experiment.
for me they can chance it and keep on with they experiment but then on crimson dlc then you make more players happy then with a small map.

Quote:
Wrong again. Where did I say a separate playlist for each DLC pack? I said exactly the same setup as now (so a 4v4 Majestic-required list) that is separate from the non-DLC slayer list. Nowhere did I say that there should be a whole bunch of separate lists. I said a separate Slayer-only, Majestic-required list that is exactly the same as the current IS list. So this part of your argument also fails to address the question.
i mean with this that on 1 dlc play list you can play 4 vs 4 with the small maps from the dlc packs and the second dlc play list is a 8 vs 8 where you can play on the big dlc maps.
but still if matchmaking has a limit of 15 play list.
and you wane add 2 new play list then 2 other play list that are on matchmaking most pay the price.
thats what i mean.
with this.
Quote:
lets tell 343 wane make 2 dlc play list then we have a other problem.
for 2 new maps most become place that means.
you most move 2 play list in 1 new play list.
what for play list most become 1.
but then you have problems with the players that play on that play list that they wane have they own play list back.
the separate dlc play list suggestion has been make all month ago and you can see then on this topic https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst223894_All-DLC-issues--Playlists--All-DLC-required.aspx
and please not update that topic.
Quote:
if then wane fix this problem then they most take big team battle and not Infinity Slayer play list to take a good look at it.
They can't do that for the obvious reason that it would piss too many people off, and the H4 population would never recover from such a decision (it may never recover from the 4v4 decision, but at least the impact is smaller).

Quote:
i mean with this that on 1 dlc play list you can play 4 vs 4 with the small maps from the dlc packs and the second dlc play list is a 8 vs 8 where you can play on the big dlc maps.
but still if matchmaking has a limit of 15 play list.
and you wane add 2 new play list then 2 other play list that are on matchmaking most pay the price.
thats what i mean.
with this.
I know what you meant. It is irrelevant. The 15 playlists is arbitrary. There's no reason it cannot be expanded to 17 if separate DLC lists would be better.

Quote:
the separate dlc play list suggestion has been make all month ago and you can see then on this topic https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst223894_All-DLC-issues--Playlists--All-DLC-required.aspx
and please not update that topic.
I know it has already been made. Many times. But this topic is far more relevant, as my primary disagreement is with the decision to make IS DLC-required. Whether 343i resolves the issue with all-DLC playlists, does something else, or does nothing at all is up to them. My arguments are that the decision to make IS DLC-required was a bad decision and there is at least one method proposed by the community that would be a better decision . . . and, as yet, no one who supports the DLC requirement on IS has been able to advance a valid argument why the DLC requirement is better than the pre-existing suggestion from the community.
ok ok... so now to play the only game type I actually play I have to have dlc??...geez I love this game soo much but I feel im being pushed away by it by some of these small nonsense things it says infinity slayer, that's what I want to play. Not some dlc's infinity slayer
ok ok... so now to play the only game type I actually play I have to have dlc??...geez I love this game soo much but I feel im being pushed away by it by some of these small nonsense things it says infinity slayer, that's what I want to play. Not some dlc's infinity slayer
Quote:
Play Ricochet. You can throw the ball so you can play it like slayer and ignore objective (unlike CTF, where you cannot drop the flag). The map sizes and team sizes are the same as Infinity Slayer would be. Until IS is restored to non-DLC, I am playing Ricochet as Slayer as an Infinity Slayer substitute. It is not bad.
Please add APK's Sanctuary and Countdown remakes.
Quote:
With a CSR 47 in the Infinity Slayer playlist, and the ability to at least hold my own on Throwdown's competitive V4 settings, I consider myself a pro.
Orly?
Quote:
Quote:
With a CSR 47 in the Infinity Slayer playlist, and the ability to at least hold my own on Throwdown's competitive V4 settings, I consider myself a pro.
Orly?
A Pro
Can i has a FR ?

back on topic please lessen the % of Infinity slayer as well i dislike it very strongly .

On a up side im loving the BRs only game type with radars because im bad with radar -- Slayer is going in the right direction in my ind other then the population drop
Why is infinity slayer the second voting option instead of team slayer? Something is wrong. I think you guys made an error.
Quote:
Why is infinity slayer the second voting option instead of team slayer? Something is wrong. I think you guys made an error.
what game type that's in what spot should be random - so everyone has an equal chance at playing what they like
For the first ten months after Halo 4 was released, I never saw the Infinity Slayer playlist population ranked lower than the second-biggest group within matchmaking.

Since the DLC requirement was implemented, the Infinity Slayer population has consistently been no higher than fifth place amongst all the playlists, and at one point earlier today is was actually in tenth place! That's really a shame.
Quote:
Quote:
what game type that's in what spot should be random - so everyone has an equal chance at playing what they like
No... that doesn't make much sense. first spot is infinity, second was team slayer but its been infinity, third legendary. Should be team slayer, legendary then infinity. I'd prefer no infinity but... tram slayer currently isn't showing up apparently.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 45